The Island Of Pain

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

IC Terizov: Parched Wastes: Terizov gracefuly soared across the blazind desert. He acitvated his Elda to find a good place to perch and rest.OOC: Terizov open for interaction. (If not that's okay)IC: Orssa: Parched Wastes: Orssa sprinted away from it, knowing it would still follow him. He countered with a tornado of shadow, both brushing agaist each other's powerful force. OOC: Yah! 1st again in awhile.... :( :)

Edited by Rakata

OOC: So I just looked at Orssa's profile and I saw nothing involving teleportation. Please explain, if you will. If it's a Kualsi obtained from someone, Orssa couldn't see to get out.

Jontan/Parched Wastes, Fighting IrrianeIC:

Jontan took option C. He charged forward bringing the sand as a wedge above him. This hollow wedge caused the fireballs to explode before they were withing range. The hybrid-toa then caused this wedge to leap above Irriane and attempt to grab her from behind. Jontan, in the meantime, aimed to slam into her as hard as he could with any surface of his shield.

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

*insert placeholder signature here*

OOC: If there's anything I need to edit, just say so. It's a little hard to keep up with the posting and being absent.Also, ToD: What about Greel's telekinetic attacks on Rastaque?IC: Parched WastesThe needles Rastaque flung at were instantly incinerated by Rocky's mane, and the Rahi came to a skidding stop, narrowly avoiding a collision with Nostala. His nose twitched as he smelled the air for Rastaque again, and then whirled, running in that direction. Meanwhile, Greel activaded his shielding Rhotuka to protect himself from further attacks. IC: Parched WastesUpon awaking and seeing the electrical cage, Vertan quickly pulled himself in to avoid any more zapping.This again, he growled.The Skakdi heard Levacius mumble about himself again, and how he owned a Mask of Dimensional Gates. The next thing he saw was another bizare world.This didn't make sense, however, as Vertan had seen the Lightning Toa's mask active during their skirmish at Dragon's Roost. He smiled at the memory of sharp rock fragments rolling down towards his prey, but his mask was aglow, somehow keeping him from falling. And if he remembered correctly, there was no portal... and he could've opened one to escape the case.The female Toa! Psionics - how could I have forgotten?Amalia's illusion fractured as the crimson-armored Skakdi forced himself out. Now he could see that wretched Toa again!Not wanting to miss his chance of freedom again, Vertan fired eyebeams at full strength, strong enough to blast through the prison and fly towards Levacius, then two more at the ground, and his left and right. How was he to dodge all those?

OOC: Missed those, sorry. I'll wait for Rakata...

Trian and Felix/ShadowtangleIC:

Water... thought Trian as she awoke. There it was. But there was a chasm between. Where was she? The Island of Pain, of course. Felix was nudging her with his less-damaged front paw. They had to get over the Yawning Sunder. The vortixx summoned a nui-kopen to carry her across. This and two nui-rama then carried her muaka across. Not even caring, she let them go, leaving the natural enemies fighting in the sky above. Ah, water... it tasted so good.

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

IC: Levacius / Parched WastesLevacius was caught flat footed by the attack. The skakdi had indeed proved very resourceful. Still, the Skakdi had forgotten Levacius had one more direction to go than normal - up. Using the jetpack, the toa of lightning managed to push himself upwards diagonally, getting over and away from the eyebeams. One of them nailed him in the leg as he came out, and while it hurt a lot, it wouldn't be permanently damaging."This game ends." he said, genuinely angry - not a common emotion displayed. Focusing on the prison before it could vanish, he made it all the stronger, but began to close it. Lightning bolts zapped out of the prison from every imaginable direction at Vertan from point blank range. When the prison finally came to start closing around him, it would be an agonizing final moments.IC: Irriane / Parched WastesIrriane released a wave of fire from around her. The light was blinding, especially against the night sky, and Jontan couldn't see a thing. When it cleared, Irriane was gone - not to mention the fact that Jontan had to worry about the white hot heat that had blasted him from only a short distance.From behind Jontan, who was now on the rocky area, she struck. He had never put new armoring around himself, and with his weight forward and shield in front, he was vulnerable to her attack from behind in a massive pillar - diameter ten bio - that emerged from her hands, knocking her back a little from the force, and with enough power to leave a small group of toa as nothing but ash.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

OOC: Aww dang! I must've gotten that confused with my BZRPG character. Sorry, I'll edit.IC: Terizov: Parched Wastes:Terizov noticed the odd grouping of Nui-Rama and Kopen flying towards the Yawning Sunder. He decided to investigate and followed them, sharply turning around.

IC - Nostala - Parched Wastes: Nostala had already put herself out of harms way by moving to the side, in a position where Rocky would have missed her. Now, however, she was busy deflecting needles from Rastaque, at least until the Stone Lion incinerated them. Realizing that she was never going to be able to get up onto the dune without alerting Rastaque to her presence, she looked at Rocky and Greel, jumping onto the former's back and taking a seat behind the latter."We need to coordinate our attacks," she said to Greel as he activated his Hau. "Otherwise we're not going to defeat these guys without losing some of our own."

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

OOC: Crikey mate, thanks for spotting that. Sorry 'bout that.IC: Plagia Okay, maybe it wasn't Kairan Plagia had bumped into. Maybe she had bumped into a rock. Who cared? She certainly didn't.'Rynekk!' she screamed, 'Greel! Anyone!'IC: RynekkRynekk spotted Rocky's mane glowing white-hot in the sandstorm, and ran for it. Only when he felt himself slam into something hard did he stop charging."We need to coordinate our attacks," Rynekk heard over the storm, "Otherwise we're not going to defeat these guys without losing some of our own."He ripped up a piece of cloth, wrapping it over his mouth and nose, blocking the sand.'Aye,' he replied, 'What's your plan?"OOC: If I'm wrong again, and you guys are underground, just let me know. ^_^-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

OOC: You're good; Greel, Rocky, Nostala, Orssa and Rastaque are all in the same area and above ground. :)IC - Nostala - Parched Wastes: As if in response, Nostala batted away another needle. "We need to disable his arms," she said simply. "He's already injured form a previous fight; I had a chance to watch him and his partner for a bit before this one broke out, and from what I could tell, he isn't in top condition at the moment. If we can subdue him, then you guys can focus on beating the other guy while I watch this one. The problem is how we're going to do that." She thought for a moment, and then she smiled slyly."Rynekk... if you aren't too tired from the bridge incident, then perhaps we could distract him while you focus on forcing his hands together with your elemental powers. Either that or we still distract him and someone fetches Klax for the same purpose."

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

IC-Parched Wastes: The mutant creature walked across the land and happened upon what appeared to be an all out brawl. Many different beings fought eachother. But over what? He stayed at a distance and just watched. After all no one would attack him if he did not attack them first. Or would they?

OOC: Yay!IC: RynekkRynekk grinned, 'Eh, why not?'He ran to find a better angle, ramming into Plagia on the way.'Plagia! You're alright,' he cried, gripping her by the shoulders, 'Listen, find Nostala! They might need you.''But what about you?''You know me, I've always got a plan,' he said slyly.OOC: Am I disabling Jontan or Rastaque?-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

OOC: Rastaque; he's the one throwing needles, and Nostala doesn't know where Jontan is.IC - Nostala - Parched Wastes: Nostala nodded as Rynekk headed off. "You know, I really hate asking him to do that so soon after using as much energy as he did," she said sadly. "But it can't be helped... I'll have to carve him something later as a present. Come on; we'd better go and help."

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

Jontan and Rastaque/Parched Wastes, Fighting Irriane, Nostala, etc.IC:

Jontan was able to, for the most part, block the heat wave with his shield. However, as it had been made for a matoran, it left his legs open. Sand took care of this, though, blocking the wave. Of course, the heat still got through, and it hurt. However, he had blocked it. Where was she... The sand said she was over there! The hybrid-toa turned just in time to see the fire, which was blocked by a short pillar of sand. He then sent the now molten pillar towards his attacker with a small wall of sand.Fighting a tornado with another tornado, huh? Worked his him. Rastaque increased the rotation as much as he could, causing the opposing forces to create a small front. This front shot out more tornadoes of shadow and wind, also creating a cloud above. Yes, the toa couldn't have asked for a better opportunity.

IC: Parched WastesTelmerk was already wandering off. He didn't know where he wanted to go, or where he might be going to. Maybe he'd find a place with water. Just no fighting. He would find something to fight in time, but not other prisoners on this island. Or water. He needed a drink of water badly.

Solaris: Electric Sentinel: Fluidic Master Nuva. It's... ALL ADJECTIVES!

OOC;a) The area we're standing on is rocky, not sandy. Your wouldn't be able to detect vibrations or anything, nor control the sand beneath you, nor go under ground. So as it is, you're just as vulnerable.http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/cool.png The force of the energy would have knocked the pillar in your direction. Since it's really glass, you couldn't have stopped it with your power. In addition, it would have in the case fell into the wall of sand you were creating, not gone down with it. IC: Irriane / Parched WastesIrriane ran top speed forward. The glass like substance of the pillar was pushing down on the middle of the wall of sand, and at the moment the slope was positive from her direction. She ran up over it, casting heat over her body as she had done before - it hurt quite a lot, the searing heat was not something minor like she would normally have felt.As she jumped over the edge, she superheated the air beneath her to slow her fall, but not her movement horizontally. Once she got over Jontan, who had apparently not expected that, she released another flurry of fiery attacks before landing behind her."Getting tired?" she asked, panting. She hoped so - she was most certainly tiring.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

"We need to coordinate our attacks," she said to Greel as he activated his Hau. "Otherwise we're not going to defeat these guys without losing some of our own."

OOC: Greel doesn't wear Kanohi. His shielding power is through his Rhotuka. ;)Also, I not sure if I'll be on for a while, so since Nostala is closest to Greel and Rocky, do you mind controlling them, Parugi?IC: Parched WastesRocky followed Rastaque's scent as they raced across the sands. Nostala's appearance on him did surprise the two, but Greel realized who it was and urged his pet to go on. ''Once we get close to that Toa of Air, I can use my powers to hold him in place,'' Greel whispered to Nostala.IC: Parched WastesLuckily for Vertan, the effects of his eyebeams had caused Levacius' concentration on the electrical cage to waver. Just as he felt its power lessen and fade, the Skakdi shoved his battle broom into the ground, attracting the electricity in it, and making the escape less painful. Vertan stood, seething, his vision somewhat clouded from the shock, though he could still make out his two enemies. The ground blew up all around them, sending sand into the air again, all thanks to his eyebeams and force bolts. A huge cloud was created, engulfing Levacius and Amalia. Now Vertan fired his impact vision at where he last saw Levacius, and all around that spot, then force bolts. Levacius' vision was blocked now, and the Skakdi believed that focusing on the prison would make it harder to dodge.

OOC: You said she moved, thus she would have moved off the area, which I assumed was small. He erected a sand wall behind the glass, which slammed into it to push it towards Irriane. Plus, he always has sand, which he carries in a large jar on his back.

Jontan/Parched Wastes, Fighting IrrianeIC:

The shield had held up so far, and it didn't seem to be on the verge of breaking or melting. Thus, Jontan was able to block the fireballs with it and the sand in his jar. She was very close now, maybe a bio or so away. He activated the Avsa, drawing more energy from her to help augment his own strength. "Not in the slightest," he replied as he diagonally slashed.

IC: Irriane / Parched WastesIrriane ducked under the blade as Jontan attacked, grabbing onto him. Once she had a hold of the sand being, she began channeling her elemental energy through her hands on touch. It didn't matter how tough Jontan was, or how much sand he put around himself now, the heat would be too much to use the mask, concentrate on elemental powers... or stop being incinerated, as the heat was intense enough that a small, broke piece of dead wood near her caught flame.IC: Levacius / Parched WastesLevacius had flown up the moment the dust came up, and was now up above and looking down on the battlefield. Vertan was outside of the cloud, and firing at where he though Levacius had been. In response, Levacius said, "You certainly like pain, don't you?"He began to fly up higher. This plan was a dangerous one, but this wasn't his first time flying. Of course, he had crashed pretty severely last time too... -Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

OOC: Magnus: Right; sorry, I forgot. :PBut yeah, I don't mind. I'll need to do a quick look-over of Greel's profile again, though.IC - Nostala - Parched Wastes: Nostala nodded as Rocky pushed forward, quickly moving into a steady run towards where Orssa and Rastaque fought. "Gotcha," she said. "I'll work on removing his mask once you do; that'll hopefully weaken him enough for us to focus on his friend immediately after."As they moved, Nostala reached down upon sighting a fairly large stick. They were coming up behind Rastaque now, steadily climbing the hill. "Now!" she hissed to Greel; her partner nodded, focusing his telepathic powers on the Toa in an attempt to hold him in place. As he did so, Nostala jumped off of Rocky, throwing the piece of wood at Rastaque's head.

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

Out of sheer instinct, Jontan drove his elbow into Irriane's gut, letting him wrench free of her grip and likely winding her too. He moved so that only faint waves of heat hit him. Then he realized... that she had managed to break his defense. She got past the sand, which always defended no matter what, and he had no idea how. Had the elemental failed? It was tiring out, so it didn't have unlimited power... No matter. The burn - he had been burned! - was only on his arm, if it was exceedingly painful. "Congratulations. You just succeeded as being the first person to touch me since I had a demon put into my flesh." With this, Jontan caused the sand around Irriane (whether from the Wastes or his jar) to form spikes; these spikes attempted to drive themselves through her torso. "It was the last thing you did."Apparently they had not thought that there would be tornadoes spawning like mad, apparently. One slammed into Rocky, killing Greel's concentration. Another caught the stick and flung it right back at its thrower this tornado was also on a crash-course for Nostala herself. Rastaque struggled to hold the main tornado steady.

IC: Orssa: Parched Wastes:Orssa took this as an advantage, so he disguised himself as Jontan, who he saw earlier in the midst of battle. He motioned to stop what Rastaque was doing.IC: Orssa: Parched Wastes:Orssa took this as an advantage, so he disguised himself as Jontan, who he saw earlier in the midst of battle. He motioned to stop what Rastaque was doing.

IC: Irriane / Parched WastesAs the first of the spikes burst from the jar, Irriane tried to kick back. She managed to escape, but nevertheless, one of the spikes impaled her through the side. She gasped, and quickly pulled it out before it could quit being solid - if sand got inside her, he could control it.Blood began pouring, and she reached for her side. "You shouldn't have done that..." she said, channeling her elemental powers. Her entire body caught flame, and the wounds were cauterized. Only a few bio away, Jontan could feel the temperature soar from night time desert temperatures to nearly 500 degrees farenheit. The ground began to catch fire, and sight was distorted. Irriane just kept empowering the aura, until it had spread out to emcompass a massive area around her, which was now an inferno of fire that completely blinded Jontan. His jar was beginning to melt from the heat, and the sand within wasn't going to do much better after a while. 800 degrees... 1000 degrees. The heat grew by the second.It wasn't a nova blast... those are way too powerful and not allowed. It was concentrated in this 30 square Bio region. 1200 degrees... 1400 degrees... even Irriane was screaming in pain. Standing in Dragons Roost would feel like an arctic tundra compared to this.1500 degrees, and Jontan still hadn't fled.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

IC - Nostala - Parched Wastes: Greel and Rocky reared back, moving out of range of the raging winds; as soon as they got a clear view again, Greel sent a mental stab at Rastaque, aiming to break the Toa's concentration.Nostala, meanwhile, smacked away the branch with her staff, breaking the wooden object in half. As the tornado rushed towards her, she stabbed the end of her tool into the ground as far as she could to create an anchor, holding on tight as the winds engulfed her. Her eyes were closed; if they were going to break Rastaque's ability to fight, then they needed to do it soon.

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

IC-Parched Wastes: He saw a tornado and acted. He grabbed hold of it in his mind and tried to tear it apart. Bearing his fangs he focused on the swirling winds. He did not have the patience to wait out the battle and try to eat any fallen. He was hungry now and the fighters looked tasty. Or maybe they would feed him for helping them.OOC: If I misread about the tornado, please ignore this.

Edited by infinitus

-==IC: Kairan/Parched Wastes==-Sand. It just had to be sand. And Irriane just had to leave him there. Kairan growled, as he attempted to keep it away with a lightning barrier, but that was by no means a way to block sand, as most of it just kept attempting to drown Kairan. Kairan mentally growled in frustration, however, froze, as he then smirked...An explosion of lightning. That's what could be seen from around the hole, followed by a figure speeding out of the cloud of dust that followed. The green armoured person landed on the ground, and then looked up with a maniacal look on his face, as he looked around, seemingly insane."Hah! You think that could stop me!?" 'Kairan' stated, as he looked around for where the sand wielder was, a crazed look in his eyes, as he scanned for the one who attempted to kill him.OOC: To explain, he more or less compressed lightning energy into an attack that blew a hole through the sand and glass, and then used his Kualsi as best as he could to get out. And now, from his desperation to get out, his 'wild instincts' kicked in, which has caused him to seem like he's insane for the moment. =P

IC: Terizov: Parched Wastes:Terizov landed next to a small ruin of a courtyard. His Elda had heled him yet again. He pushed open the crumbling gate and walked into the looming tower above. In it were broken kanohi and shallow pool of water. He took a couple scoops of water, and rested. He grew vines that weaved themselves into a hammock. Terizov lodged hinself in the hammock and droped dead asleep.

What? Now wasn't the time to be daydreaming and standing there dumbly. Jontan sprinted away as fast as he could, almost passing out from the sheer heat. However, he was able to reach the outer limits and erect a small wall to block any radiated heat. Switching back to his Akaku, the hybrid-toa peered through his defense. Oh, fun. Kairan had just burst from the ground only a bio or so from Irriane, instantly exposing himself to the deadly heat.Rastaque, of course, was fighting a lot more people, and he was in worse condition with which to begin. Still, he had a few more tricks up his sleeve. His right arm, as it appeared to not be working, was not all he had. Rastaque focused to dispel every single one of the tornadoes at once, creating a massive air-blade intermixed with shadow to hopefully kill or maim his attackers. He then absorbed all the air around, save for his own person space, creating a vacuum to suffocate all of his enemies. This also served the purpose of instantly extinguishing Rocky's mane.If this didn't end soon, he'd pass out again... But as was, vacuums made excellent fields to assassinate people with needles. Thus, he continued his flinging of needles at all of his opponents.

Edited by Toa of Dischordant Dancing

OOC: He couldn't have bursted from the sand a few bio away. It would have had to have been at least ten miles, given the fact I moved a good distance from where I emerged for the start of the rock, and has rushed quite a bit inwards to the rocky area.IC: Irriane / Parched WastesAs her enemy fled, Irriane saw Kairan emerging just inside the range. She reached in that direction, and tried to absorb all the heat in the area. Adjacent to her, however, it was still a broiler, along with most of the area. It was about 2000 degrees right where she was, and she was screaming in pain. She began absorbing all the heat into her, redirecting it into a pillar from her hands. The massive pulse of heat would hit Jontans wall and knock it back before continuing onto him. When it did, it would be almost immediately lethal.The heat was too much to bear, and she fell down, limp from exhaustion. The wound had started bleeding again. She may very well die soon...-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

IC: Orssa: Parched Wastes:Orssa took a gup of breath before absorbing he shadow around everyone, and shot a ripple of shadow at Rastaque. This time, air wouldn't divert shadow, shadow will divert air. Shadow concealed the air bubble around Rastaque, squeezing but not moving it. Orssa felt a sharp pain coming from his body from what appeared to be many, many needles stuck in him.

IC - Nostala - Parched Wastes: Rastaque didn't seem to have thought his plan through fully. For one, with only one good arm, he wasn't able to launch as many needles as there were attackers or as quickly as he had been before, leaving a number of open spaces through which several of Nostala's party -- such as Greel -- could charge. The second thing was that new air was rushing in to fill the vacuums he had created; while this was certainly a distraction for the group, unless he was constantly focused on draining the air, there wouldn't be a vacuum with which to suffocate his opponents long enough to have any meaningful effect.That just left the air blade, which, while lethal, was easily avoided or blocked by swift movement from Nostala and another Hau Rhotuka from Greel, protecting Rocky and himself.That left Greel's mental stab at Rastaque, which, along with several others, would be hitting the Toa any moment now...At the same time, Nostala had noticed several of the needles from earlier that she had knocked away; Rastaque hadn't done anything to collect them again. Reaching out from where she had anchored herself to the ground, she grabbed several of them. Once his arms had been disabled, and his ability to control the wind along with it, she would use them to strike -- not to mention, she could keep a few for future use...

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

IC: Terizov: Parched Wastes:Terizov awoke from a much wanted nap. The moonlight glistened in the water. Terizov knew if he were to survive, he would have to make some defense. He trudged his way out of the tower and piled up rubble against the courtyard's wall.Creating some built in devices would be a different story. Terizov materialized together some poisonous plants that coiled themselves around the perimeter of the yard. Hopefully it would keep unwanted guests out.

Edited by Rakata

-==IC: Kairan==-Kairan started to laugh maniacally again, even as he noticed the heat, and said heat lowered once more."How pitiful." Kairan stated, as he gripped his sword, and sent a literal arc of lightning at Jontan in his crazed stated, and then whirled around, and sliced another circular arc of lightning at that other pathetic opponent the others were facing."Hah. You both are just like bugs under my feet, ready to be squashed." Kairan taunted the two fighters of sand and air, as he smiled evilly.

OOC: Your physics. They do not work. I believe that the entire island is about ten miles long, if that. Also, we apparently have vastly differing ideas on this "rocky area". I was thinking a few bio wide, just enough to be a nuisance. The fight, as far as I know, has stayed in the same general area; Jontan and Irriane can't move that far in a matter of seconds, if even a minute (which, in reality, this fight would be taking).

A nuisance... Oh shoot, that wasn't good the way she had positioned her hands... "Karzahni," Jontan muttered to himself as he threw himself out of the way, trying to bring some sand with him. The pillar of blazing heat screamed through the edge of the wall, sending molten glass splattering around. Thankfully, it missed him... however, the heat radiated from the main column was enough to turn most beings into mummies. Good thing he naturally preferred dryness, as being part sand elemental led him to be...This left the lightning arc, which hit the wall and instantly turned a section of it to molten glass. So the toa didn't pass out immediately. He seemed to be rather insane at the moment, like Jontan when his life was threatened. Like Jontan now. The hybrid-toa smiled and threw the wall forward, straight at Kairan. He didn't control glass, but as it was embedded with the sand and crystallizing, it would likely shatter as soon as it hit him.Rastaque's situation was getting worse by the moment. The mental stab almost made him lose concentration on the vacuum. However, he thought, if I can hold this long enough, they'll all pass out, and I'll win... Good thing that absorbing air is much easier than creating or generally controlling it. Thus, he kept throwing needles with his free arm, putting as much concentration as he could into holding the vacuum over the area. Thankfully for him, the needles he was throwing as rapidly as his heavily trained single arm could took the lightning and conducted it, making them even more deadly.

Edited by Toa of Dischordant Dancing

-==IC: Kairan==-"Rhah, HAH!" Kairan yelled out, his maniacal grin still on his face, as he slashed out arcs of lightning at the wall quickly, drawing on his lightning power... However, due to the way he was compressing the blasts of lightning, it allowed him to draw on his power more than others would think. However, he noticed the needles, and simply smirked, as he teleported out of the way, and sliced more arcs of lightning at the air wielder. Though he kept throwing needles, logic would indicate that eventually he'd be hit by the lightning, or at least lose focus of his powers enough that he wouldn't be able to react.OOC: Right now, as long as they don't hit him, he couldn't care less about the electrified needles. xD