The Island Of Pain

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

IC: Hexxon's hands were full of only water. The flag only poked through the waterfall to alert those looking for it. The cache itself was through the titanic torrent. With foam and debris hiding the cache from view (and therefore telekinetic attempts) Hexxon would have to find a way safely through the downward rush of water without it pulverising him on the rocksIC: Neither Arillan nor the pair of Skakdi had the right location, but at least they had the right idea this timeIC: Reya opened the box and caught a brief glimpse of something slimy and writhing in colours of red and black before the contents of the cache emitted a shrieking wail enough to down all those present. Straining to hold onto consciousness, hands on their ears in attempt to block the sonic scream, the assembled gang saw tendrils of smoky blackness pooling from the cache, swirling upwards to form the silhouettes of two figures. Holograms of shadow. Both were tall, though one much bulkier than the other. "You could have chosen a better means of stunning them," said the slender figure in a languorous purr of a voice, "That spawn of yours will be heard across the whole island.""That was the idea," chuckled the bulky figure, "Whats the fun in just putting them to sleep when I can test how fast they can run.""You people and your games," the second figure tutted disapprovingly, "Are any of these the ones that assaulted you during the transfer of the Blacksmith?""Hmm, you know they all look the same to me." The first figure, apparently the Makuta from the boat incident, laughed. Then he pointed at Levacious and Reya. "Those two. The Caretakers had to restrain her."The second figure made a writing motion in the air, as though its clipboard hadn't been transferred through the hologram. "Indentured 4620, 'Levacious' and Indentured 4620, 'Reya', consider yourselves blacklisted."And with that ominous and mysterious threat the two vanished, the shadows that comprised their images simply vanishing as wisps in the air. The kraata ceased its howling, allowing the band to get back to their feet

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC: Yawning SunderHexxon's smile turned to a frown when he found he held only water - no cache. He then realized the prize must by on the other side of the falls. Steering his Rhotuka around, the Toa headed back to the raging waterfall. It looked even more dangerous from here, and possibly deadly to get through.No matter. He merely focused his telekinetic power on a section of the water, parting the liquid and forming a hole. Hexxon willed the Rhotuka forwards, flying into the newly created opening cautiously and closing the water behind him.Now, where is it? IC: Haven CoveReya cursed at the trap she opened. She didn't even hear the pair correctly, for her ears kept ringing. One of those figures looked familiar, like the one who had recently visited the island.Feeling like it wouldn't be best to stay around any longer, Reya backed away to the water.IC: Northwestern SeaFinding no sign arund here, Reptak decided to head back to the Ashring shore. Perhaps they weren't in the right spot. Whatever the case, he could think more clearly in his standared form on land. IC: Northwestern SeaWhile looking around, Vertan saw his partner moving toward the coast. Wondering what Reptak was doing, he followed, making way for the volcanic shore.

OOC: Two new evil hunting Chars. Beware beings of evil. Ironic, since one of them was shadow powers...IC: Zeus & Hades / ShadowtangleZeus used his greatsword to cut through the thick underbrush, while Hades scouted ahead for game, Bow drawn. as he stalked a Rahi, he noticed a strange cave (Suciavel's Cave)

pNNgXax.jpg

IC: Levacius / Haven CoveStanding up and trying to recover, Levacius looked around. This wasn't his first encounter with a power scream user, but it was certainly his first one with something quite this potent. Still, watching as the new being left, he knew he couldn't let her walk away so easily."Reya, is it? Come back! You can't just keep running from them! You have to stand and fight! And we can do that!"Looking over to where the Kraata was, he said, "Disgusting Brotherhood spawn!"Channeling a powerful bolt of lightning, he pointed at the slug like creature, sending enough electricity to easily kill it on at hit.IC: Arillan / AshringMoving up from the coast a while south of Ashring, a volcano blocking him from seeing the two Skakdi, Arillan frowned. Then, it hit him!Under! It was under a crystal gaze! It must be at the south west area of Ashring.Replacing the mask of gravity with his crast, he activated his repulsion power. The bounding leaps it allowed him to take increased his speed threefold.IC: Elynirus / ShadowtangleElynirus walked outside of her small, Shadowtangle hut. She had heard some kind of massive noise that echoed across Toothy Bane. She didn't see anything, but whatever it was it must have been big - and dangerous.No, that wasn't something she wanted to meet, whatever it was. Perhaps something from the south to attack?IC: Suicavel / Toothy BaneSuicavel finished popping off pieces of his new victim when he had heard the scream. Tossing an arm aside, he had stood up. Then, he heard two intruders outside.He was fully healed now, but not ready for daylight. Still, if these fools attempted to come inside...EDIT: Suicavels post.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

IC: Haven CoveReya stopped, thinking about Levacius' words. ''Fine, I'll come with you and help... but on one condition.''She still felt like it wasn't a good thing to stay around the beach. They needed to leave.IC: Northwestern SeaBefore coming too close to the Ashring shore, Reptak had an idea: what if there was an underground/undersea tunnel by around this spot, that maybe lead to and under the Shimmering Maze!The excited Skakdi moved along the coast, looking for some opening that would lead them to the crystal maze.IC: Northwestern SeaVertan growled when he saw his ''friend'' turn away from Ashring, staying near the underwater rock. Taking another swallow of oxygen, the red-armored Fire-wielder followed Reptak, who was apparently searching for something... So, Vertan decided to look for anything, be it caves, glints of metal... anything.

IC: Zeus & Hades / Shadowtangle / Toothy bane border Hades conversed with Zeus through their mind link. "There's something here. Better come along. I can feel shadow energy." He said.Zeus slammed his fist on the ground, repelling himself to Hades. He launched a flare of light at the Cave, hoping to scare or annoy what ever was in there.

pNNgXax.jpg

IC: Terizov: Haven Cove:Terizov clutched his angular head, ringing softly. "It is unfortunate that you've been blacklisted. What are we to do now since we have lost our chance of a cache. I suggest the Shimmering Maze," Terizov said.IC: Amalia: Haven Cove:"What intrusions... have you caused?" Amalia questioned.

-==IC: Desiana/Yawning Sunder and Parched Waste's border==-A grey and silver Toa walked through the desert, a frown on her face. She hadn't been captured that long ago, and in fact, she hadn't even been a Toa for that long. Her name was Desiana, and she was a Toa of Sonics. Desiana looked around the sand-covered wasteland, as she frowned, her Katana strapped to her back.I could've sworn I had heard sounds of fighting not long ago... Desiana thought, as she walked toward where she thought the battle had taken place earlier.-==IC: Sarkan/Parched Wastes==-Sarkan grinned maliciously, as he looked around the desert. He had figured there were some fights going on in the northern area, given all the activity that it had been receiving not long ago, but despite that, he hadn't spotted anyone just yet.No matter. Even if I don't find them, they'll eventually have to come after me one way or the other. Sarkan thought, but then paused, as he noted a group of people gathering, and then smiled.Perfect. It looks like there are a lot of people there... And a lot of potential victims, therefore. Sarkan thought with another malicious grin, which he then hid with a false look of exhaustion on his face, as he headed toward the group slowly.I just hope they don't have any of those stupid 'Psionics' Toa with them, or anyone with a similar Kanohi. Though, then again, then I might actually have a good fight to work for a power increase. Sarkan thought, as he approached the group.OOC:So, yeah, both my characters approaching the now-very large group. Though one likely would rather fragment the group into tiny fragments than join it. :rolleyes:

IC - Nostala - Parched Wastes: Nostala brushed her hand against Darkon's Rahi's face. "Nostala," she introduced herself distractedly. A moment later she pulled her hand away. "We should get a move on before we get attacked again; it won't hurt to continue this conversation later. As for the ruins -- I saw some ruins that way when I was scouting, Greel. They might've been the same ones you found." She pointed north, away from Shadowtangle. "They weren't far from here, and I found a small oasis nearby -- admittedly what I was primarily looking for.

Edited by Parugi

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

IC: Suicavel / Toothy BaneThe flare of light went in just a little bit, ending at the end. Before it went out, it revealed tunnels going deeper. At the very bottom, in the largest cavern, awaited Suicavel, cloaked in shadow so dark only a toa of light would likely have any hope to pierce it. IC: Levacius / Haven Cove"When I found Haven Cove was closed off, I piloted the ship south to inspect. I got here in time to see a tall being - one of the ones we just saw, the one with the big horns on his mask - leaving onboard a ship. A ship capable of piercing the dome and leaving this place! This Kraata, and their revealing conversation, confirms for me the status of this being - a Makuta."Levacius looked to Reya. "I saw the Caretakers tossing you away. I thought it best not to risk the safety of my craft. I was hoping, however, to find who you were. You were here before me - perhaps you know something more than I do."IC: Arillan / South West AshringArillan inspected through the south western region of Ashring, looking through volcanos and the like to see if there were any caves or obvious locations that what he sought might be found in.Did he need the cache? No. Did he want it...Yes.IC: Elynirus / ShadowtangleElynirus, having gone out to find Rahi to hunt - it wasn't easy when the only way you had to kill something was sending it through severe pain, but at least it was efficient. She was dragging a so-called Cable Crawler that had been moving about the trees, and found her home crushed. Some large Rahi must have finally found and wrecked it. That, or another slave.Looking around the wreckage, she found a small bag she had filled with water - not a very good container, but it kept the water in. Gazing up at the map, she decided it might be best to head north. Two caches in the southern area? That would attract a lot of attention she didn't want.Bag of water in hand, and Cable Crawler - she wasn't hungry now, but the bugger might come in handy later - she decided it was about time to head north to the Parched Wastes.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

IC: Orssa: Parched Wastes:"Shadow, intangibility," Orssa answered as he ran over to a distant figure. It looked like a Toa of Sonics, but Orssa couldn't tell in the brewing sandstorms of the desert. "Ho! Who is upon the desolate desert?!" Orssa adressed Desiana, who probably did not hear her.

-==IC: Desiana/Parched Wastes==-Desiana heard the other being, alright... Having sonic powers definitely helped with that, even though she didn't have full control over most of her powers just yet."My name is Desiana; Toa of Sonics." Desiana called out, using her powers to amplify her voice... Only by enough to get her voice across to the other being; she hoped.-==IC: Kairan/Parched Wastes==-Kairan nodded."That would be the best idea." Kairan agreed with Nostala, as he slowly stood up even though his eyes were on the verge of closing, and walked toward Nostala."I hope once we're there we can rest..." Kairan said, though how much of that sentence was heard wasn't certain, as he fell toward Nostala not long after, sleep finally taking hold of him after everything that had happened.

OOC: I have a Toa of Shadow too. :P And I'm not stupid enough to go into your lair. That's like walking into an enemy's sword.IC: Darkon & Norus / Parched Wastes"Another one? This is quite the social desert." Said Darkon while feeding Norus. "And a Oasis sounds nice."IC: Zeus & Hades / At Suicavel's Lair Zeus launched a large and powerful blast of pure light that turned into two lesser beams that headed down the tunnel. Finally, a very small bolt thudded weakly against Suciavel's shield. "So now I've found him..." Muttured Zeus before turning to Hades. "Time to put our swords to use." He said. In a few minutes, the pair had created a large pile of wood and branches. Zeus created a highly focuesd beam, setting the wood on fire. "In a few minutes, we'll smoke him out." He said.

pNNgXax.jpg

-==IC: Kairan//Parched Wastes==-"Well at least it's not as bad attack wise as Shadowtangle." Kairan muttered with a sigh."Almost literally every time we turned around there we were attacked. It was rather annoying, to tell the truth." Kairan said, as he looked to the newcomer with an intrigued look.-==IC: Sarkan//Parched Wastes==-Sarkan's ego was slightly hurt. He had been approaching in the brewing sandstorm, and a Toa that was further off had been noticed before him... Though; given he was approaching from the opposite direction, it was very possible that they simply hadn't seen him yet.Not that's that a bad thing, of course... heh. Sarkan thought, but didn't smirk yet; he wasn't out of the clear until his victims were dead.OOC: /EDIT: I forgot that Kairan was currently asleep. Until order of events gets figured out, just ignore this. =P

Edited by Fullbringer Blade

IC - Nostala - Parched Wastes: Nostala had caught Kairan as he had fallen. "Maybe you ought to ride on Rocky and give it a rest for a while, Kairan," she suggested. "To be honest, none of the fights in Shadowtangle went as badly as this last one did. It's debatable as to which place is worse."Out of the corner of her eye, she noticed another being approaching. She looked in his direction, eyes narrowing slightly. "Look; more company."

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

OOC: Correction. You have a toa/rahkshi hybrid. :PBut yes. Indded, attempting to flush me out has succeeded... just not for you.IC: Suicavel / Toothy BaneSuicavel, tiring at the little game the two were playing - and irritated the one had tried to attack him - had been gathering power. A burst of shadow sent the smoking wood flying, and another of non-attacking shadow spread out over the cave. It was so dark within the cave itself visibility was zero. Six tendrils of solid shadow whipped out. Three tried to grab a hold of Zeus, to swing him around and daze him if they caught him. The other three reached out at Hades, attempting the same. Of course, with those six, nobody noticed a seventh, larger one that attempted to grab Hades by the leg and pull him deep into the black.But the worst part of all form them was that feeling that Zeus had never felt before - the Avsa tapping into his powers, attempting to drain out all of his light. Most potent against a light user...IC: Elynirus / ShadowtangleElynirus continued wandering through Shadowtangle, looking up. When she passed into the clearings, she would stop a moment to bask in the sunlight. Small Rahi backed away as natural, larger ones watched, but were easily flushed away with her red beam.She heard a rustle in the trees. The sound of a Muaka. Whipping around, she pointed, and a ray of red energy struck the creature. It's nerves crushed, the creature froze and stopped movement. The ray only lasted a short time, but the pain was still in affect. The catlike Rahi, once its movement returned, began to pull itself away.She moved onwards. She had only used a miniscule amount of energy, but so far it had only been to scare off Rahi. She needed to be wary of other slaves.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

OOC: Wait, hold up; nevermind my last Kairan IC; temporarily forgot he was out cold. >>; Will strike that through shortly. Kairan would raise an eyebrow at Orssa's comment if he could, however. =P But my point still stands, and we could technically say it somehow happened earlier or something... Not quite sure how to handle it.-==IC: Desiana//Parched Wastes==-Desiana nodded, as she walked toward the group."Alright." Desiana called out to confirm that she would join them.-==IC: Kairan//Parched Wastes==-Kairan nodded in his sleep, as if to agree with Nostala's sentiments. However, he did seem to frown after Orssa had made his comment about the group being 'his' party.-==IC: Sarkan//Parched Wastes==-The Toa of Magnetism noticed that someone had seen him, and slowly picked up his pace a little more, though he still appeared to have a slight limp."Hello over there!" Sarkan called out, attempting to seem as tired as he could.

IC: Haven CoveWell, seems like someone's been looking for me. That's not the first time. A Makuta! Such a great assumption! That had to be a Sheperd - no one else commands the Caretakers, unless the members of that Team Patronage do to. ''I had seen it all too,'' Reya said, her back to Levacius, her eyes staring at the sea. Though she was still cautious around this new group.And it sounds like another saw my failure. she thought grumbily.''The only other thing that you hadn't mentioned was seeing them take something away - what, I do not know. And I think it wasn't a special ship, but a certain ability of a Caretaker - or this mysterious figure - that did that.''IC: Western SeaRepak and his companion had followed the shore until they were directly west of the Shimmering Maze, still off coast of Ashring. Both continually scanned the rock of the seafloor and shore for some opening, cave, or tunnel to lead them to the maze underground.IC: Parched WastesMore comapany? This day is so full of surprises.''Should we take her?'' Greel asked, pointing at Irriane's corpse. He wanted to know if they should, so as to prepare before heading off.

Edited by Magnus Greel

OOC: Aw Krazhani. You shouldn't have done that. You are exerting a large amount of concentration just doing the zero visibilty, let alone the seven tendrils. A flick in the ribs would shatter your concentration.IC: Darkon & Norus / Parched Wastes Darkon noticed the two newcomers. "Ahoy! Two more travelers!" He shouted, oblivious to the fact that everybody else new.IC: Zeus & Hades / Suicavel's Lair Zeus had already decimitated the three tendrils with lazers before he felt the Avsa in affect. "Hades! Fourth tendril coming for you leg! Transfrom!" He thought in their link before slicing the two holding Hade's arms. Hades nodded and turned into a near invincible being of stygmian Iron. He grabbed the tendril reaching for his leg, and used his powers to crush it. He then turned and absorbed the remaining one that was slowly dragging him. "Come out little demon." Spoke Hades in chilling voice. "Your Darkness is nothing compared to mine." He said as he stuck his hand into the blackness, absorbing most of the shadow, shattering Suciavel's concentration, and freeing Zeus from the power drainage.

pNNgXax.jpg

OOC: Just to say, I knew what you had meant, but Kairan likely wouldn't have. =P-==IC: Desiana//Parched Wastes==-Desiana nodded, as she walked toward the group, and noticed the other newcomer, and seemed slightly curious about him, as he seemed... Different."So, who are you?" Desiana asked Orssa, curious.

Edited by Fullbringer Blade

IC: Suicavel / Toothy BaneA toa can only have so much elemental energy in them at once. Suicavel, rather than try to attack, sent more and more shadow energy. Hades could no longer absorb any more."So, a shadow user?" said Suicavel, chuckling. "Working with a being of light? What a shame. We could have formed a very potent alliance. But, sadly, I cannot abide having one so incompetent so as to work with such a being."The Avsa worked its evil power on Zeus once more. Suicavel had no distractions now, and was fully concentrating on ripping all of the light Zeus had within him out. Already, positive emotions associated with light users were flooded out and replaced with the desire to destroy. The effects weren't permanent unless they were completed, but Suicavel was growing that much closer every second to destroying the spirit of this being.IC: Levacius / Haven Cove"My friend, we call it hope." said Levacius. "It's much easier to hope for a ship able to pass through the barrier than headlocking a Makuta and making him open the way for us, if you know what I mean."Walking over, he extended his hand. "Captain Levacius of the Griffon II, best swordsman to ever live. Perhaps you've heard of my exploits as a general?"-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

OOC: *facepalm* Once again, your going to need to have A LOT of concentration to do that.IC: Zeus & Hades / Suicavel's Lair Hades cut of his absorbing, and turned all the energy he had sucked into a blast that swept back Suciavel's blast, creating a wave of shadow that swept down the tunnels at 60 M.P.H. The waves slammed into the sides of the walls, making the whole tunnel shake and creak, shattering concentration. Zeus gasped as he regained his power. "You absorbed a lot. He doesn't have much left, let's strike now." He said as he created a blast of light that took away half of his reserves, and sent it all at Suicavel's small hiding spot. It would be extremely painful, if not deadly.

pNNgXax.jpg

-==IC: Desiana//Parched Wastes==-Desiana blinked, as she walked up to the group, and saw the fact that Irriane was dead, and the currently unconscious Kairan."Uh... Were you the ones who were involved in that fight that I thought I heard and saw, but couldn't actually confirm I heard and saw?" Desiana asked, more curious than anything.

IC: Parched WastesNostala needn't haul the inert body to Rocky; with a simple flick of his wrist, Greel levitated Irriane's body, and gently dropped her onto Rocky's back. ''We can bury her there, and we might want to hurry with it. I think Rocky's eyeing his next meal,'' he said, chuckling. IC: Haven CoveReya turned, reluctant to shake the Toa's hand, but then did. If she was going to get anywhere with these people, she had to be kind.And how I love to act like that...

OOC: Silly, silly Darkon. You seem unfamiliar with how I fight. I use a lot of power, and a lot of concentration.IC: Suicavel / Toothy BaneIt was neither, as Suicavel wasn't even there. His entire body warped away in a wisp of smoke, appearing instantly behind Zeus. As the light using being was still pointing forward, he was unaware of the silent spear coming into his back.The wave of shadow had been replenishing. Indeed, attempting to use shadow on Suicavel was a foolish idea. He was a being of darkness, at home in the shadow.IC: Levacius / Haven Cove"Great!" said Levacius, clapping his hands together after he broke the shake. The smile then faded. "It isn't safe here. We need to get moving. My ship is the safest place. Do you have any flight capability, or does my avian friend need to carry you?"Looking inquisitively at Terizov, he asked, "You could carry her, couldn't you?"IC: Elynirus / Stony Leap"What in Karzahni?" asked Elynirus. The scorched earth was still fresh. Looking around, and down, and everywhere, she had no idea what could have happened. There was a fortress that looked like it had been turned into foliage and slagged metal, with a few metal towers still standing, but that being about all. A very well made gate was still there. Well, part of the gate. The gate was gone, just the gate arch and a bunch of mechanical parts.There was another one nearby. A fortress, that was. A huge hole in the ground, and next to it a block of stone that fit into the hole, with a fortress on top of it."What... in... Karzahni?" she asked again, to the empty air. Indeed, as she looked down Yawning Sunder and saw pieces of metal hooked on the rocks below, she had no idea how anyone could possibly explain this.Regardless, she moved on.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

OOC: Well, it's quite impossible to have perfect concentration when doing 3 or 4 attacks. That would be like trying to juggle chainsaws while playing the piano, while solving extremely hard math problems. And BTW, just so you know, my chars are probably going to be taking a hit if it isn't to damaging. EX: You try to stab me in the back. Of course i'm going to make it so you don't kill me, just lightly cut me. Try to kick me? Sure, but i won't allow any follow up attacks.IC: Zeus & Hades / Fighting Suicavel Hades felt the use of shadow energy, and alerted Zeus just in time for him to move so the spear slightly cut his arm, making a superficial at best wound. Before Suicavel could teleport again, Zeus aimed a non-light-powered punch at Suicavel's face.

pNNgXax.jpg

OOC: Not quite that bad. What I refer to is that Suicavel deals full concentration attacks a lot. He doesn't care; he can easily flee if he has to escape.IC: Suicavel / Toothy BaneSuicavel held the spear away in one hand, and reached his hand out onto Zeus' fist. His hand caught his opponents. The blow was minor at best, as Suicavel had four legs down and locked to the ground. His clawed fingers squeezed, and the pain, whilst not lethal, would be severe as Suicavel added to it by pumping elemental shadow.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

IC: Terizov: Haven Cove:"Of course, Levacius. I am Ravenix Terizov. Lady Reya, a great pleasure to meet you," Terizov said.IC: Amalia: Haven Cove:"I'm Amalia, champion of the Southern Islands. Nice to meet my first female in this male dominated world," Amalia said to Reya.

IC: Haven CoveReya nodded to Terizov and Amalia. ''I have no way of flying,'' she said, ''so I'll need a lift.''IC: Yawning SunderHexxon glided through the air behind the waterfall warily. He didn't want to risk slamming into a wall, or meet up with something/someone unpleasent.But I'd be able to detect it before it finds me.Carefully, the Toa flew over to where the flag pole stuck out, the actual flag blowing around outside. That was were the cache was, no doubt.

-==IC: Sarkan//Parched Wastes==-"Would you mind if I joined you...?" Sarkan asked, as he approached, and smiled briefly, though even the smile appeared to be exhausted almost, though.... Different in some way. The Toa of Magnetism appeared to look as if he had been in many fights, his armour certainly damaged heavily. Desiana looked over at the newcomer, and frowned slightly, as she had a bad feeling about the Toa of Magnetism... Something seemed off about him that the Toa of Sonics couldn't place.