The Island Of Pain

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

IC: Levacius / Eastern SeasLevacius chuckled. "It's harder than that, my friend. First, we need to find this mysterious being I spotted. And you are assuming there are a toa of water and air on the island besides Patronage."The ship had turned around, and was now heading south."Besides," he continued. "I would rather have a fighter with knowledge then a fighter who happens to have a useful power."-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

IC: PlagiaHad Plagia been at full strength, and had oxygen to spare, she might've activated her Hau. As it was, the needles drove into her, sending crashing to an less than graceful halt. They hadn't hit anything vital, but she felt herself falling into blackness.Karz, she thought she blacked out.IC: RynekkRynekk was running out of energy and fast. He could barely see a massive fight around Rastaque in full force, but he would never make it in time. He could feel his muscles burning, screaming for him to stop.But the fight wasn't over. He couldn't abandon his friends. Not like this.He grabbed his last sickle, hurling it with all of his strength, combined with every iota of his elemental and Kanohi power, at the Toa of Air, praying for a hit.And then, Rynekk too, collapsed.-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC - Nostala - Parched Wastes: What Rynekk and Draco seemed to miss was the exact thing that had forced Nostala to shift her jab at Rastaque -- the fact that Greel was holding him still. Panting, she saw the boulder and the sickle that had been thrown, light from both the moon and Kairan a fair distance away reflecting off of it. Adrenaline making everything seem to slow down, she had to make a decision..She tackled the Toa of Air. The sickle flew over them; the boulder missed its target by a foot. And Nostala, on top of the possibly still frozen Toa, moved to pin his arms down before he could attack. She might have saved him, but she wasn't about to let him get away.OOC: Rastaque saved? If anyone has any complaints... feel free to voice them.

Edited by Parugi

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

OOC: I demand no mercy, considering their relentless attacks on the team. I am in favor in execution.IC: Orssa: Parched Wastes:Orssa's eyes flickered on. He was still recovering from the prolonged time of not breathing, now sounding like a cough. He heaved a couple glups of air. Air, what a beautiful thing. He wobbled off the ground, elbows shaking. He regained enough energy to stand, but used his staff to hold him up.

IC: Parched WastesNostala saving Rastaque from the boulder and sickle surprised Greel enough to drop his hold on the Toa. Though, realizing what he did, the golden-skinned being quickly acted, placing his power on Rastaque again. This time he ws given limited movement; his limbs were frozen in place, but he could still move his head and mouth.What?! Greel rambled inside. But after thinking about it, he figured that maybe she was saving Rastaque for him to kill - or maybe some last words.With a slight smirk, he withdrew a knife and moved slowly over to the two. He wasn't worrid about an attack, after all Rastaque was restrained.

OOC: No mercy for Jontan, slight mercy for Ratasque.Though if you guys don't kill Ratasque...IC: Arillan / Parched WastesArillan almost shouted in rage. The sickle would have killed the air toa, and the boulder would have left him as nothing more than a piece of crumpled meat. Still, that blasted staff user had knocked him out of the way.Still, he kept his calm. He could at least finish that if he had to. He had done experiments with the mask - he could use it to affect himself, but he could use it to affect others. For example, causing Ratasque to fly high into the dome above.... and then be allowed to come crashing down to his death.He didn't do that, of course. Too obvious. He kept waiting, though. If he had to, he would attack. He certainly hoped he didn't.OOC: I assume that, with the presence of mountains noted along the edge, the dome is a couple thousand feet up - if you got gravitationally pulled up there, and dropped, you wouldn't have any chance to survive short of some drastic measures?IC: Levacius / The Griffon IILevacius looked onwards as the ship continued moving. "Indeed." he said.He closed his eyes, thinking back to the many battles he had fought... So many won, but so many lost.And afterthought is 20/20.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

IC Klax - Parched Wastes - Fighting?: Klax watched as Rastaque was flung high up into the air to the top of the dome, and then dropped from that height, left to hit the ground and die. Klax knew his powers couldn't do anything to save him, well, he could think of something, but why would you save someone who wanted you dead? Simple answer was; you wouldn't. Klax was unsure what the rest of the battle's status was, and he could barely see what was going on even where he was. OOC: I'm starting to dislike this perpetual night. :P -Klax

OOC: Hey Skar, Lev just said that Arillan didn't do that. =P

Rastaque/Parched Wastes, Struggling Against NostalaIC:

Rastaque was, in fact, thankful to be saved. However, to be saved by this enemy, that was a different matter. Knowing that he would die in any case, he spit in her face, the saliva acting as a projectile and likely to hit with far more force than usual.

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

*insert placeholder signature here*

IC - Nostala - Parched Wastes: The Sanok didn't affect the physics of force; even if it did it wouldn't have been enough to top her Artanian strength, or to dislodge her grip on him. Rubbing her face against her shoulder, Nostala narrowed her eyes, before lifting one of her knees -- which were placed on Rastaque's chest as she held his wrists to the ground, pinning him down -- and slamming it down into the side where her needles had hit earlier."Are you going to keep that up and make me kill you, or are you going to settle down and tell me exactly why you feel the need to play the Shepherds stupid game!?" she demanded.

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

IC: Parched Wastes Greel had made his way over to the two, just in time to see Rastaque spit at Nostala. Smirking, he aimed a kick at the Air Toa's head. He might be able to dodge it, since he could still move his head. ''Any last words?'' he asked, not really caring about Nostala's question and spinning the blade in his hands. Then he glanced all around again, looking for any possible distractions. Greel was sure to keep an eye on Rastaque too; he expected the assassin to throw surprise attacks. How? He wasn't sure about it, but still...

IC: Draco walked over to the odd scene. A being pinning the Toa and some others around too. He stood on his hind legs towering over them. His eyes looked like that of a hungry predator. You could almost see a smile on his face as he stared at the Toa. But something was off. Since when did rahi walk over on two legs and watch what happened to normal sentient beings without any form of recognizable aggression? No this beast was no rahi. He was a mistake of sorts. A being born from the death of others in energizied protodermis. He was always curious and curiousity is one thing that had driven him since his birth. He just needed to know what would happen to this Toa that no one here seemed to like.

Edited by infinitus

IC: PlagiaPlagia struggled to her feet, cradling where she had been hit with needles. She stumbled forward, lurching towards where Rynekk was. She collapsed to her knees in front of him, holding his head up.'Come on brother,' she whispered, 'Wake up.'Nothing. He was still out cold.She looked over her shoulder to see Nostala and Greel interrogating the Air Toa, along with a Toa? She wasn't sure.She felt pain, exhaustion and numbness flow into her, and before she knew it, she was out cold herself.-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

Rastaque/Parched Wastes, Struggling Against NostalaIC:

"Go to karzahni," Rastaque replied, spitting out blood towards Nostala's legs. He had multiple needles in him that he could use to his advantage; however, he needed to wait until the right moment to use them.

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

-==IC: Kairan/Parched Wastes - Fighting Jontan==-Kairan smirked, and once again teleported behind the Toa of Sand, however, as he charged up a beam of lightning around his fingers, and was about to fire, Kairan froze."No! Not now! Don't you want to win!?" Kairan's insane side yelled out, and didn't react for a moment, but then blinked, and teleported out of the way once more to make sure he wouldn't be hit, and staggered forward slightly, as he paid attention to the sounds from the fights once more."What...?" Kairan muttered, and then looked behind him."You again... Where's Irriane?" Kairan asked, as he turned to face the Sand Toa, taking note of the many wounds he had received.Just what happened just now? It's like... something else took over, almost.

IC: Parched WastesGreat last words, Greel thought sarcastically. Then he positioned himself behind the trapped Rastaque, and knelt. He pulled out his sharpest dagger, holding it beside the Toa of Air's neck. ''Any last questions?'' he asked Nostala, his red eyes moving back and forth from her to Rastaque.

IC - Nostala - Parched Wastes: Nostala was silent for a moment. Killing a subdued target wasn't something she had ever allowed herself to do before; would this count as doing so, if she were holding him still?She shook her head. "No," she said. Her tone reflected a certain disbelief at the situation -- at the fact that the Toa of Air was more willing to die than to talk and negotiate. The Artanian supposed that, if he was going to stick to that decision, then there was little she could do -- and as long as he was going to cause problems for them in their attempt to survive, then there wasn't any reason to let him live.Right?She diverted her eyes to the other fight some distance away, which seemed to have slowed. She refused to watch the execution.

Edited by Parugi

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

IC: Parched WastesGreel looked down at the captive Toa. This one had put up quite a fight, but in the end he won. The teal being smiled; he always won. With nothing really keeping him from killing Rastaque and nobody wanting him alive, Greel put his blade into a slicing position near the Toa's throat. The assassin was moments away from being assassinated...

Edited by Magnus Greel

Jontan and Rastaque/Parched Wastes, Fleeing from Nostala, Greel, etc.IC:

"Probably dead, like you are just about to be," replied Jontan as sand burst from under each combatant. This sand attempted to constrict and break any bones of its targets, including their necks. Hopefully the stupid assassin would be ready to escape.Rastaque did indeed have a plan. As Greel's dagger was removed from his throat, this left him in a very good situation. Enough of his energy had come back for him to aim two needles; these were embedding on either side of his neck. He grabbed one between his teeth, and flung it with half his remaining strength - using half of his small amount of recharged air to make it powerful and accurate - at Nostala's heartlight. The other he flung at Greels's heartlight, using the rest of his strength.Now came either death or life. He didn't know. After he set both needles on their courses with all his power, he was unconscious. The sand all around the field of battle kicked itself into dust, which covered Jontan. The hyrbid-toa used his power to pull Rastaque to him. They then dropped below the surface, unseen by anyone. Hopefully none of them had an Akaku...

-==IC: Kairan==-Kairan watched as the sand burst up around everyone, and growled, as he tried to figure out how to effectively get out of this situation... Except that he was all out of ideas at that particular moment...OOC: So... Uhh... Yeah, I'm not sure how to dodge that in the state Kairan's in. =P

IC - Nostala - Parched Wastes: Nostala was pushed off of Rastaque as sand suddenly erupted around her and everyone else. For a moment, she struggled against it, trying to break through; after a second, she felt a sharp, concentrated pain in her chest, and the sand disappeared -- Rastaque along with it.As she collapsed on the ground, she looked down. A needle was protruding from where her heart light -- now cracked -- had glowed before. Drops of blood dribbled down the shaft of the small weapon, indicating that it had pierced into her skin, at least. Grabbing it with her hand, she pulled it out, grimacing at the pain that shot through her body as a result; she shuddered at the sickening, wet sound it made as it slid out of her chest.Dropping the blood-stained needle to the ground, she gripped her heart light, blood continuing to ooze from the wound. Fatigue mixed with blood loss from Nostala's earlier wounds mixed with the inner damage that the temporary lack of air had caused was beginning to catch up with her. She looked at Greel, the closest ally to her at the moment."That... scum..." she stammered. A moment later, she collapsed from sheer mental and physical exhaustion.

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

OOC: Okay, just got an idea. =P-==IC: Kairan/Parched Wastes==-Kairan had unleashed a weaker burst of electricity to get out, but that seemed to prove unneeded, as the sand disappeared moments after he had attempted to get out. However, he froze, as he suddenly had a bad feeling, and then looked to the other battle field, as he realized that the bigger battle had happened over there.Oh no. Kairan thought, as he saw his allies laying on the ground, and then staggered over to them, attempting to run, but his injuries obviously hindered that effort, though, he nearly froze again when he saw that one of them was Nostala, and growled, as he made his way over toward her slowly, as he paid no attention to the fact that his armour was nearly shattered, or his many injuries.No, no, no... Kairan thought, as he realized that he should've been helping more, even ignoring that in the more recent attacks, his mask had been slightly damaged. Right now, all he focused on, was getting back to where the others were... And even that was hard, as he was fighting his own shock at what had happened.

Jontan/Parched WastesIC:

Jontan caused the sand to give one last, powerful squeeze to everyone's vital areas. He then dropped the sand and let the sand carry Rastaque and him underground toward a distant area. Enough of them were still alive enough to keep them from obtaining loot, unfortunately.

IC: Parched WastesAs the ground beneath them all exploded, Greel's telekinetic hold on Rastaque was lost. Immediately when he felt the sand trying to crush him, he let out a telekinetic blast that blew the sand away, and only diverted the needle's path so it hit gold muscle instead of a crimson heartlight. The last attack from Jontan surpised him, though was dispelled by another mental force before it could do anything lethal. Recovering from the attack, Greel saw Nostala collapse, and Kairan approach. Was she dead? Maybe, from the look of her injuries... but she was a tough fighter, and so might live. He gingerly pulled out the needle (which had been pushed in farther by the previous assault), shutting his eyes while doing so. It hurt, and he felt numerous wounds from the sand, especially the last. He sat on the cold, grainy ground, both his knives back in his coat. His eyes, narrowed now, watched to see if Nostala would move at all. Then he pounded on the sand with his right fist, creating a mini sand cloud.They had gotten away.But at least they fled, and didn't win. And over the dune in the previous fighting zone, a certain Rock Lion's eyes fluttered open. Oxygen had flooded his lungs; he was rejuvenated. Rocky wearily stood and followed the familiar scent of Greel until he returned to the master. OOC: Last post for today. Tomarrow I'll get up one for Reptak.

OOC: Battle's over, so.IC: Irriane / Parched WastesFrom a nearby pile of sand and rock caused during the massive battle, a red hand reached out. Irriane, panting heavily, pulled herself up. Her vision was clouded, but she saw that one of her allies was only slowly walking away. The enemy combatants were gone.Dragging herself forward, she looked at Kairan. He was badly injured, as bad as she was, though unlike her, he had not been given any time to recharge. She would need their help with treating the damage she had taken, but that was of no major issue.Like the others, she was too far away, and too hired to hear a great shout from a good distance away.IC: Arillan / Parched WastesArillan, who had dropped from the statue, began cursing and swearing, moving away. He had tried his best, but Ratasque and Jontan had escaped - both of them. Still, no matter. He could get them another time.He chuckled. The group over there was far too weak to stand up to another group of enemies. Perhaps even one? But no, he was an assassin. He picked targets out when they were alone, separated. The group was coming in close together.Besides, they weren't even worth killing if they had so easily been bested by just two other toa. He had seen those two fight - they were both incompetent in their battle against Patronage.IC: Levacius / Eastern Coast off Toothy BaneThe Griffon II came around and neared the east coast. Levacius activated his jetpack, and flew up. "Come on," he said. "We need to begin searching over the area. Stay within sight of me. We don't want to end up fighting enemies alone. If anyone attacks, I'll come in with you."Amalia was asleep still. Before flying off, he took a piece of chalk and wrote out a message saying, Flying west. Join if possible or guard ship. Be back soon. -GriffonAnd so he flew off, hoping his companion was behind him.IC: Suicavel / Toothy BaneSuicavel continued his sleep. His body healed ever so slightly from the rest he was being allowed. His elemental energy was full. Still, he wasn't ready. His reign of terror still had to wait a little longer.Just a little longer...-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Jontan and Rastaque/Parched WastesIC:

Jontan laid against the dune, eyes open but body resting. He couldn't give in to this sleep. He just needed to rest. The cold sand felt good against his burns. Yes, he just needed to rest. In a while, he would be perfectly fine.Rastaque was sitting on the same dune. Barely conscious now, but alive. Sure, none of the enemies were dead, as far as he knew. But they had managed to seriously wound that many of them. Two against many. Yes, they were an amazing pair. The day, or night, would be complete only if Laelius was dead. Well, Laelius and the people they had just battled.

Trian and Felix/ShadowtangleIC:

Ah, things felt far better. Their wounds were cleaned and bandaged, Trian had made a few healing salves out of the plant life, and they had drank all the water they needed. Now was the time for another cache to be placed.

Edited by Toa of Dischordant Dancing

IC: With the Observers reporting that the bulk of the fighting was dying down, the dome began to glow again, a soothing dawn light instead of the harsh glare that had been in place while they had wanted to recover Sledge.More oddly, the various scenes of battle that were usually in place were disappearing, blinking out one by one. Even the usual map disappeared, leaving the dome blank and unblemished.There was a brief moment of peace before the map came back into place with an update. And right next to it, words...current.jpgA fiery meal are dragons eggsYou'll need a drink, right to the dregsIf you seek it you must firstavoid the place with endless thirst.Then strive to follow those with finsContinue questing widdershins.A final word to help you on your waysThe treasure lies under a crystal gaze.The final lines didn't scan so well, but its intent was clear. The riddle lead to a cache. They'd have to figure it out to find the prize

Edited by The Power that Is

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC: Amalia and Terizov: Off Toothy Bane:Terizov launched off the deck and into the sky with Levacius. Immediately, dawn appeared along with an announcment of a cache. He used his Elda to search for a cache as he was flying. He thought there would be a cache either in the Dragon's Roost, Haven Cove, or the Shimmering Cave. Amalia, however, sensed a odd departure of beings from the ship. She took notice and awoke from her slumber. She walked up to the deck and activated her Kadin and flew to the trail of Levacius and Terizov.IC: Orssa: Parched Wastes:Orssa stumbled to Nostala, who appeared to be critically injured. He cradled her unconsious body on the sand, hoping she wouldn't die. He wished he could help, but could not since he did not have the proper medical skills.

Edited by Rakata

IC: Irriane / Parched WastesIrriane approached from behind Kairan. As he was the first one, she first put the Mask of Healing to use on him. She knew perfectly what needed to be done, and so the same effects happened. Tissue was repaired, scars vanished, wounds closed, (new blood formed?).She still had to help the others... and herself.IC: Arillan / Parched WastesArillan looked up at the riddle. He pondered on it for a short while. Then, he smiled as he figured out what it meant. He began walking east. The Shepherds had left instructions. Undoubtedly, he would have to follow them exactly if he wanted to find it.OOC: Think I got it.IC: Levacius / Toothy BaneLevacius nodded off to Terizov as he saw the Elda glowing. "Get the cache!" he shouted. "If its something for all of us, take it back to the ship. Otherwise, just unload it and equip it!"-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

IC - Nostala - Parched Wastes: Considering the worst injuries Nostala had were a couple of cuts on her arm, leg and the small stab wound in her chest, she would live, as evidenced by her fairly steady breathing. As it was, she was merely unconscious due to the excessive mental and physical strain of the battle.OOC: Just thought I should make that clear... :P

Edited by Parugi

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

IC Klax - Parched Wastes - Looking at Dome: Klax watched as the dome above changed, with a map of the island reappearing soon after to show two purple dots, one at the Yawning Sunder, and another at Haven Cove. "Caches..." he said, looking off toward the Sunder, which was where the cache nearest to the group was. He could probably run over there and nab it himself without much trouble, and all the others were worn out from the battle. "I think... that I'm going to get that Cache near the Sunder. I could speed over and grab it, and if I run into any trouble I can handle myself," the Toa of Iron said, glancing back toward the Cache that awaited. OOC: I don't think that anyone else is in good enough shape to follow Klax, so he's on his own. Hey, I have another character, I think I'll have him go after the Cove Cache. IC Kono - Toothy Bane - Heading Back to Haven Cove: Kono had noticed the map change, and the change in lighting. He saw two purple dots on the new map, along with a riddle to confuse him. "Haven Cove... I think I can go there," he said, even though he had just come from the Cove. He turned around, and began to make his way hastily back toward the Cove; he didn't want much trouble when he got there. -Kono

-==IC: Kairan/Parched Wastes==-Kairan had been stumbling forward a few more steps, and had literally just been about to collapse, when Irriane had healed him. In fact, he froze mid-step and mid-fall, as he suddenly blinked. His fatigue wasn't gone by any means, but most of the reasons that he would have been unconscious in the next few moments was because of his many injuries."Huh?" Kairan wondered out loud, as he turned around, and saw Irriane, and slightly smiled with a nod as thanks, but then frowned."Nostala... Heal Nostala..." Kairan said first, as he scanned the rest of the group to make sure they were still alive at least, but frowned.All this damage... Kairan thought, as he stood in place, his broken armour likely needed to be replaced or fixed before the next big fight.OOC: Darkon: Frags, you mean Fragment? He's likely around... somewhere... As for the fortress... Uhh... I believe it was damaged at least slightly in the whole 'Klax vs. Everyone' fight from before he rejoined the now massive group that's currently in the Parched Wastes.And as a side-note, this huge group reminds me of a group from like Fire Emblem or something. :rolleyes:

IC: Shadowtangle/Yawning SunderHexxon, like all the others, had noticed the new changes to the map while standing near the cave's entrance. The returning light from overhead would make it easier to use his Kualsi, now that it was no longer dark. The Sunder cache was very close to the mountain on which the Toa stood, and he saw the spot easily. It was close to the Ashring coast, probably floating in the water below or wedged between rocks. An instant later Hexxon appeared there, thanks to his teleportation power.No one saw him, of course. The Toa of Psionics used his ability to hide his presence again, just as he had before in the desert. He looked down at the giant chasm, seeing rushing water flowing through it. Now, where could it be? he thought, his eyes scanning the river and rock, and the surrounding area of the Sunder.

Edited by Magnus Greel

OOC: Technically, Suicavel did nothing save kill the guys whose existence allowed it to remain. He broke the anchor, and the ship drifted away.Well.... plummeted from 100 feet in the air in a large crash...Same difference.IC: Irriane / Parched WatesIrriane moved over then to Nostala, activating the mask again. As Irriane had never performed work on organs, she couldn't truly heal the injuries that had been received by the lungs and other organs within, but nevertheless, she would be able to move again.She then began moving towards the others. She would heal them, one by one. And hopefully they could help her, too, even if they had to remove her mask to do it.IC: Levacius / Haven CoveLevacius spotted Kono in between the mountains. "I'll be a second!" he said to Terizov, and he flew down.Landing in front of the shadow toa, he did a small bow - a courtesy between two warriors, really - and said, "Greetings. Has the Tangle been treating you well since last we met?"IC: Arillan / AshringArillan had reached Ashring, and sat by the rocks to ponder as he looked out into the water. The riddle, at least he thought it did, led him to here.It was time to go for a swim.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa: