The Island Of Pain

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

IC: Suicavel / Toothy BaneBut Suicavel didn't go flying. Locked into the ground, the energy only sent his arm flying back. The pain was great, but Suicavel had felt far worse before. Before the light toa could react, Suicavel fired a point blank blast of shadow energy in a swirling tempest.Attack hitting or not, the torrent of energy also encased Suicavel. When it faded, Suicavel was gone.IC: Levacius / Eastern Coast of Toothy BaneThe group was in sight of the sea."Come on," said Levacius. With the masks sensory increase in sight, he could just barely see his ship. "I'm in sight of it. Let's go."IC: Elynirus / Parched WastesElynirus looked around the Parched Wastes she had walked into. The wind was picking up, so she needed to seek shelter. Looking at the map, and the rough images that appeared to be some sort of ruin, she knew where a few of them might be to take shelter. Not one of those, obviously, but something near them.Taking a small sip of water, she continued on.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

OOC: Rakata: Thank you. ^_^IC: Parched WastesGreel, too, didn't like the presence of this new arrival - who ever limped over to a potentional dagerous, large group asking for membership?''Agreed,'' he told Rynekk. ''Let's get going.''Still watching Sarkan, Greel patted Rocky to get him moving. ''You said it was north, Nostala?'' he asked.

IC: Levacius / The Griffon / Eastern Seas off Toothy BaneLevacius landed on the small vessel, looking around. The others were right behind him. He called for them to quickly convene below deck - Terizov wouldn't fit very well, but it was something very important.Going down below, he quickly grabbed a piece of the chalk like material and, as in his own cabin, drew a rough image of the map on the table down below. It was time to explain the plan to the others in full.IC: Elynirus / Parched WastesElynirus continued walking, until she came in sight of a group of other figures heading in a northern direction.Two things conflicted - one was her sense of security, that it would be unsafe to simply go over to see others. She was good enough on her own. But the second was her sense of curiosity - why would other slaves be gathered in such a great number.She decided she would find out. What was most odd, however, was what appeared to be a covered hole in the ground. Were they hiding something?No matter. She had no need of treasure. But finding out what they were doing... that was a key thing.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

OOC: You still haven't got the riddle cache, though you at least got the idea. Think of Shimmering Maze as the Eye of Sauron. Where would it be looking?IC: The other end of the flagpole that had caught Hexxon's attention was jammed into the rock wall behind the water fall. The cache had apparently been buried behind the stone

7AOYGDJ.jpg

OOC: On to the next being. And you would be sent back, no matter how attached to the ground you were. IC: Zeus & Hades / Shadowtangle - Yawning sunder Zeus back petaled at the speed of light, getting through the tempest of shadow with minimal pain. Seeing Suicavel gone, Zeus cursed. Hades walked up from behind, bow drawn. "Shall we go back to hunting?" He asked with a faint grin. Zeus nodded. Hades then teleported to the shadow of a herbivorian creature, effectively and mercifully killing it by instant suffocation. He carried the animal to the camp Zeus and him had made.IC: Darkon & Norus / Parched Wastes Darkon sat stringing his banjo-like instrument. Suddenly, he broke out in terrible, screeching song, accompained by the sound of the dull banjo-thingy. "I'M IN A DESERT! OH YEAH! THERE'S LOTS OF SAND! OH YEAH!"

pNNgXax.jpg

IC: Arillan / AshringA fiery meal are dragons eggsYou'll need a drink, right to the dregsIf you seek it you must firstavoid the place with endless thirst.Then strive to follow those with finsContinue questing widdershins.A final word to help you on your waysThe treasure lies under a crystal gaze.Arillan pondered on those words. The riddles verses first two verses seemed separate from the ones after them - it seemed like these 'dragons eggs' must be the location of the cache, and the rest of the riddle led to the location.The riddle made it easily apparent that it wasn't in the Parched Wastes. As one would have to go through Parched Wastes to reach the Shimmering Maze, that was also ruled out. Perhaps Ashring was also counted as such? There was even less water in this volcanic region than in the sandy deserts.The part about fins was an obvious reference to fish and other sea dwelling Rahi. Sure, it could apply to those found on an arrow, but that was unlikely. And there were no giant arrows on the island.Perhaps... he was only partially right? He needed to go further south.Moving over towards Yawning Sunder, he switched masks to the Mask of Gravity. He couldn't use the mask to affect himself, but he could use it to cause blocks of rock to hover over, creating a bridge. Hopping from stone to stone, he let them drop after reaching the other end.The toa of air moved southwards, switching back to the Crast as he did so. He was heading in a beeline due south of the Shimmering Maze, cutting his way through Shadowtangle. Once there, he would begin his inspection of the areas in that direction making up Toothy Bane.IC: Elynirus / Parched WastesElynirus yelped out upon hearing the excruciating noise. Putting hand over mouth, she looked around. Hopefully nobody had heard her.IC: Suicavel / Toothy BaneWhen Hades wandered off, Suicavel took the advantage. From the shadows of the caves, behind Zeus, he focused all of his concentration once more on his Avsa, draining out the life energy within Zeus extremely rapidly - within ten seconds he would be incapable of even moving.IC: Levacius / The Griffon IIWith the other two down below, Levacius said, "Good. Once our new companion is down here, I shall begin."-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

OOC: Oooh... I should have seen that coming...IC: Zeus & Hades / Once again fightning Suicavel Zeus gasped before contacting Hades "Come fast... Demon is back... I only have a few seconds" He spoke, while using his 10 seconds wisely. He ran at lightspeed at Suicavel, and grabbed his mask, before overloading it with the power of light, something that would greatly hurt Suicavel and shatter his concentration. Hades appeared from Zeus shadow, and shot two arrows at once at Suicavel.IC: Darkon & Norus / Parched Wastes Darkon looked up in perfect sync with Norus. "Who's there? If you're evil, go away!" He yelled.

pNNgXax.jpg

IC: Suicavel / Toothy BaneSuicavel bashed with all of his strength into Zeus as he came close, empowered with shadow energy. Zeus was extremely drained, and as such, had little to do to defend himself against the shadow toa knocking him back.When Hades appeared, Suicavel created a shield of solid shadow. The shield shattered, but the arrows were stopped midair. Grinning, he said, "So, a psychic link? How else could you have sent messages so fast to each other without speaking? No matter."With a wave of his hand, Suicavel absorbed all of the shadows in the area into himself. Then released a torrent of energy. A globe formed around him again, and once more he vanished as his powerful blast flew at Zeus.IC: Elyniurs / Parched Wastes Elynirus cursed. Apparently, they had heard her.Standing up from behind the dunes she called out, "My name is Elynirus. I am trying to figure out who you are. Which begs the question - who are you?EDITOOC: As I was behind you, you had no idea where I was. Not to mention I was hiding, and seeing as its a mountainous region, behind rocks. Not to mention in the darkness. How you would move at lightspeed to where I was and not collide with an obstacle beats me, but I raised no objections. This, stacked upon the fact you were physically weakening at an extreme rate.And since you would have had to stop in order to grab onto my mask and use your powers, I would have more than enough time to attack.Not to mention I still consider it bogus that a toa of light could move at lightspeed, but since the ability to teleport through shadows is equally as odd, I raise no objections. Of course, then again, light has about twice as many power uses as shadow does.Next time, please send a Private Message or post in the IMS. I check the other two topics updates before this one, and whilst TPTI doesn't seem to mind, I think it's pointless to place so many OOC only posts on the main topic.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

OOC: Uh... You couldn't even see Zeus if he was going that fast. I'll add a IC when you editOOC: I'm getting pretty tired of Avsas.IC: Darkon & Norus Darkon was about to speak when Norus started moving. Suddenly, without warning, the Rahi used his powers to send them flying on a pillar of earth. In a few minutes, they were at Stony Leap. "What in the?" Asked Darkon before following Norus's gaze. A Muaka. Darkon sighed. "You have the worst timing for hunting your natural enemy, Norus." He said as he watched his rahi kill the cat-like beast.IC: Zeus & Hades Hades used his control to turn the shadows to him, and he absorbed them, filling his reserves. Before Suciavel could attack again, he created 5 tendrils of shadow covered in spikes, that pulled Suicavel down. He teleported through shadows to the North. he popped up behind Norus.

pNNgXax.jpg

IC: Yawning SunderSeeing that the flag pole was embedded in the rock, Hexxon figured the cache was most likely buried beneath it. So, he decided to crush the stone all around it - just to be sure. This was the perfect time to utilize his Poison power. Smiling, reached out a hand on the moist rock, and releashed the toxin. It was revolting; from his hand and the white, deadly looking spikes on his wrist, a bright green liquid dripped, as if he was sweating the stuff. The amount coming out increased, making a sizzling sound on the stone and turning to a sickly-colored foam. Once the stone was severely weakened, the Toa pulled away his hand, and placed his stolen Kanohi Jutlin over his Kualsi. Activating its power on the rock, he watched as the stone broke down and crumbled, revealing flashes and glints of metal. His grin widdening, Hexxon made a waving gesture, and the remaining stone fell away. There was the cache, the rock around it ruined and gone. Another wave and it was forcibly torn out from the wall, and flew straight into his outstreched hand. Now, holding on tightly to it, he used another bit of telekinesis to open it, with the box facing opposite to him. He wasn't sure if there was another trick to these things, so he peeked from the side. IC: Southeastern SeaReya landed on deck of The Griffon II. Apparently Levacius wanted to show or do something inside, and so she followed, still a little suspicious and ready to attack if she needed to.

Edited by Magnus Greel

OOC: Okay... what in the blazes? How...Some things you just don't ask.IC: Suicavel / Toothy BaneWhat Hades grabbed onto was nothing more than the rocks beneath where Suicavel had been. Once more, the shadow toa had vanished.Where was he? Impossible to say. Rather than cloak the area around them in shadows, Suicavel covered the sky above them. The shadows completely blotted out the sunlight in a half kio diameter disk above them. With the two unable to see, and Suicavel hidden from view, behind rocks, the toa of shadow reached out with his mask power. Zeus, still not fully recovered, once more would feel the Avsas touch.IC: Arillan / Toothy Bane"What in the name of Mata-Nui?" muttered Arillan, standing atop one of the mountains closer to the jungle. An extremely long distance off, a disk of shadow was blocking out the sun from the area below it.Reminding himself it didn't matter - just another being tampering around with the laws of reality to kill their enemies - he continued his travel around the cliffs.IC: Elynirus / Parched Wastes"What the karz?" shouted Elynirus as the duo of the toa... thing (it didn't feel right) and its rahi suddenly vanished. No idea why.Approaching the others down below, she said, "Well, my cover is blown. I have already told you my name. I am just another slave on the islands, like you all. I have some water in this bag, in case one of you needs it."-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

-==IC: Desiana==-Desiana blinked as the Rider of the beast vanished, and looked to the newcomer with a smile."Hello Elyrirus, my name is Desiana." Desiana stated, though even she didn't know who the group actually was.

IC: Western Sea/Southwestern SeaReptak cursed in his head, for he had no mouth to physically do so. Neither had seen anything that might hint at the hidden cache. They had been following almost the entire western side of the island, having already passed the great split of the Yawning Sunder. The two were close to being in the southwestern sea. Maybe if we just keep going, bend around the southwestern, crooked corner of this wretched place until we are directly ''under'' the Shimmering Maze. It wouldn't surprise me if that supposed tunnel leads across the entire island in a straight line to the maze -- Wait! Under? What if that meant south of the maze on the island's other side? A straight path on land - under meaning south instead of literaly beneath the maze! Go counterclockwise around the land until directly south of the Shimmering Maze!The excited, crystal shards of the Skakdi Reptak moved faster underwater, forcing his way through and dispersing a school of fish. IC: Western Sea/Southwestern SeaOnce again, Vertan saw his comrade's form quicken its pace below him - that meant he had an idea. After taking another swallow of oxygen, he followed the crystal form of Reptak.This time he better be right. I'm tired of all this water. I'll smell like a fish!

Edited by Magnus Greel

-==IC: Sarkan//Parched Wastes==-Sarkan silently watched Elynirus' arrival, and the disappearance of that other person with intrigue.No matter. If that person has anything of value, logic dictates that he'll show up again sometime in the future. Sarkan thought, though was wondering slightly about the size of the group.They have even more members than that 'Team Patronage' now... Which reminds me that I should eventually try and take them out too. Sarkan thought, as he looked around.

OOC: Geez; we're a popular bunch... Who all do we have with us now? Orssa, Nostala, Greel, Rocky, Kairan, Plagia, Rynekk, Sarkan, Desiana, Elynirus, Darkon and Norus... Am I missing anyone else? Possibly kind of sort of ish not really but maybe Klax? XPSeriously, though, we literally outnumber the official six members of Team Patronage two to one. Go figure.IC - Nostala - Parched Wastes: Nostala nodded at Greel's answer, continuing forward after him. Occasionally she would glance back at the rest of the group to make sure they were still together, though wasn't putting her heart or head into it -- she had other ideas. As yet another Toa-like being appeared, this one apparently named Elynirus, Nostala stopped for only a moment to talk to her."My name is Nostala," she answered Elynirus's inquiry about who they were. "Right now we're trying to get to a secure location to figure out who we are as a group -- in other words, I can't answer that for now. you're welcome to tag along, considering the rest of the people we've picked up in the last five minutes."One more won't hurt, she thought to herself, before continuing to walk again, deep in thought. We've amassed quite a fighting force already, assuming these newcomers aren't just here to steal from us -- which, frankly, would be incredibly stupid at this point... She looked at the dome above. Two more caches -- and a riddle -- had been revealed, though she was not concerned with this. Rastaque's words still hung in her mind.Team Patronage... the pawns of the shepherds... Perhaps I have heard of them. She remembered seeing projections of Toa on the ceiling of the dome in the past, though had not paid much attention to them, figuring they were merely 'contestants' who had angered the Shepherds in some way. Now, however, she knew better -- and, looking at the group, she was beginning to think differently as a plan hatched in her mind. If it's true that the Shepherds broadcast their locations, then maybe we can take advantage of that... Twelve beings with different skill and power sets against one, possibly two members of Patronage at a time; that would certainly tip any fight in our favor. And at the rate we're gathering other slaves, creating a single group...She looked up. Perhaps there is a way to get out of here. We can continue to gather followers. We could defeat Team Patronage, dismantle the Shepherds' little group of flunkies. From there, they would have to rely on Caretakers and other slaves to quell us -- but would it work? They wouldn't be able to touch us. We could fight back. Cause chaos within this Karzahni-forsaken dome...It was an interesting train of thought, indeed. She looked at Greel. While she wasn't sure about the others, she viewed Greel with a great deal of respect, even considering him an unofficial leader; he had, after all, united himself, Kairan and her against the bridge-holders, and it had only snowballed from there. If anyone could help her to create a plan of action, she was certain it was him.I'll wait until we get to the ruins, she decided. After that... this prison is coming down.

Edited by Parugi

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

OOC: You do realize that you're in Toothy bane, and not Stony leap, right?IC: All my Chars / Stony leap. Darkon watched while Hades cleaned a moaning Zeus's wounds. "Do you have a place to go?" Asked Darkon. Hades didn't look at Darkon. "No." he spoke softly. "I am a member of a group of slaves, -well, at least I think I am- And they might be happy to have your talents among theirs." he said. Hades nodded. "We shall follow you back when Zeus heals." He said. "And Norus stops eating." added Darkon, pointing to the Rahi, who was still happily eating a Muaka.

pNNgXax.jpg

IC: Inside the cache Hexxon held there was no awaiting kraata trap. It was in fact a simple mask. A Kaukau. It seemed a fairly poor prize for something hidden behind a waterfall and solid rock-CrackThe rock, weakened by Hexxon's attacks was crumbling away at a rapid rate, droplets of water leaking from the chips. Droplets became rivulets, and rivulets became spray, until the rock face simply gave way, unleashing a rapid torrent, tributary of the waterfall, right at Hexxon. It hammered into him, sending him hurling towards the channel below. Perhaps that Kaukau would come in useful after all...In the sea south of the Shimmering Maze, a buoy was bobbing up and down. Apparently to get the cache you'd have to continue to 'follow those with fins' a little longer...

7AOYGDJ.jpg

OOC: Does anyone else think our group needs a name? When Darkon gets back there, how 'bout we name it?IC: All chars / Stony leapDarkon watched with wide eyes as Zeus awoke. "Huh? Shouldn't he be knocked out?" Asked Darkon. Hades laughed while Zeus held his head. "We have fought quite a few battles. We have quite the pain tolerance." With that, Hades sheathed his weapons, and stood up. "Shall we get going?" He asked. Darkon nodded. Zeus stood up. "I'll run there, Darkon can then get there through the use of Norus, and then Hades can teleport through my shadow." He said. Everything was done as said.

pNNgXax.jpg

OOC: More or less, that looks right. Even if one member wasn't correct, it doesn't matter since Darkon's bringing his other two characters to our group.I wouldn't even be surprised if we ally with Lev's other group at this point either. =P Assuming, of course, we ever actually, you know, meet up. =PDarkon: We most certainly need a name, and I was going to have Kairan suggest that fact as soon as he woke up.-==IC: Desiana//Parched Wastes Area==-Desiana walked along with the group, as she thought to herself about how her powers might be able to be used.I know I can increase or decrease my own volume, and that I can launch sonic waves that can damage stuff... But I wonder what else I could do? Desiana mused, as she wondered what other powers she actually had, and looked around again, at the fact that the original members of the group, and some of the new ones, had heavily damaged armour from the battles they had been in, and smiled slightly.At least I can be of use even outside of battles. Desiana thought, as she continued to walk.

OOC: Okay, seriously? You always send all of your characters together. It's pretty annoying.And you never stated they were at Stony Leap. I've made it perfectly clear every post where I am. You can't just say you're somewhere else.And why the heck couldn't I reach you, I can teleport.And yes, to Plagia. Still, we have some wildcards who are completely independent as of now -* Trian, Felix, Jontan, Ratasque, Arillan, Suicavel, NPC Patronage, Hexxon, Vertan, Reptak, Inactive Characters.Of which Trian and Felix may join, Jontan and Arillan are Patronage, Ratasque does what Jontan wants, Suicavel just wants to kill us all, Hexxon I dunno, Vertan and Reptak work together, and all of the inactive characters are inactive and outside of any groups.Amalia, Terizov, Levacius, and Reya are their own group at the moment. Whether or not a meet up occurs remains to be seen.Kind of a more toned up version of what happened during my three months. Only so far nobodies tried to infect a city with a dangerous disease.Really long post, because everything happened to come together that way.IC: Levacius / The Griffon II"Alright," said Levacius. "As you and I witnessed, Reya, the Shepherds have at least one powerful being - a Makuta in all likelihood. The second being appeared to be the leader, but what would have the strength to command a Brotherhood operative I dread to think of. Perhaps the Makuta of Metru-Nui, or one of the well known-ones like Icarax? I hope to crack these secrets in due time. However, it is now I demonstrate the plan."Circling where the ship was, he said, "We currently have the most effective means of transporting troops across the sea. Through Yawning Sunder? Doubtful, due to the rocks. But around the island, it will serve just fine."He circled Haven Cove, Shimmering Maze, Dragons Roost, and Stony Leap. "These four locations all are central points across the island. Everyone knows what they are, making it easy for us to describe locations using them. And descriptions will be important."Looking up he said, "We are a small force now. We need to expand out in order to accomplish my plan. The first stage is recruitment, which is simple enough. The second stage however, depends first on knowing the Shepherds plan."Looking at the three, he asked the question - not to anyone in particular, but just to the audience, "What is Team Patronage?"Before anyone could answer the obvious question, he said, "You're wrong.""Team Patronage are the champions of the area; the Island of Pain, an arena. We fight for our lives, and the Shepherds enjoyments. But have you ever seen Dark Hunters recruiting in the gladiatorial arenas for soldiers? That, my friends, is what this is. Every day new slaves arrive. The most powerful, the most dangerous, the best. Tell me, how did you come here? Were you taken captive just out of nowhere? Or did you kill off dozens of Shepherds? Certainly, when I had my equipment - blast them, it took be five thousand years just to get the shortsword of that pair! - I was one of the most powerful beings in the universe. Not to brag, but it was true. Never been bested at the blade. But that's not the point. It took them multiple men to take me - wounded, with my ship crashed on the shores."Looking at the others, he said, "We were the hardest to take. Sure, some are sent here as punishment. So we, or the Rahi, can kill them. Some of those sent for punishment are among us, as the best. Which is what the Shepherds want. They want the best. They want the best hundred. Then, they want the best six. The six who survive the Island of Pain are Team Patronage."He chuckled. "Do you know who used to guard the Makuta? A Toa Hagah team. Not as good as me, but that's because it's hard to beat a military strategist over 90,000 years old. Toa teams always come in six. Six, six, six. Always six. Six, because of the six basic elements of Fire, Water, Air, Earth, Stone, and Ice. There are more, obviously..."As he said that, he sent a flow of electricity that rippled over his hand. "The six survivors may not be only Toa. But they are Hagah. They will be the elites. Given proper equipment, an army of caretakers and worse, and you have an instant, easy military.""Rahkshi are good," he said. "But they suck at leading. Believe me."He drew circles on the map. "What we need to do is gather equipment, once we have the numbers. With a large enough group, small teams could be left at major locations. Psionic users could transmit messages to everyone to answer riddles and confirm location. To call in backup as well."He drew six stick figures. "This is team patronage right now." he said. He drew a line through them. "This is Team Patronage when we kill them off. And rather than accept the Shepherds orders, we fight back."He slammed the chalk down into the central locations he had listed. "Then, we make this island ours! We destroy central locations out of spite, kill Caretakers and Observers on a whim! Finally, the Shepherds have no choice but to stop the rebellion by sending that Makuta being in." He chuckled. "Then we kill him and take his craft. His equipment. That's all we need to do."He looked at Reya. "You saw them take someone. We both heard what he said. This blacksmith must have been the one with the 'capture alive' bounty. Perhaps he might be able to help us from the outside. Or, once we escape, help us further."He looked at them all. "We don't need to follow the Shepherds game through. We don't need to be gladiators. We can lead and uprising."He lowered his head, and mumbled a few words so silently the others couldn't hear. "And perhaps even more..."IC: Arillan / Toothy Bane / Southern SeasReaching the very farthest south, standing on the beak, Arillan saw the buoy.Arillan bagged up his equipment, and tied his cloak up into a rough rope to hook onto it, tying the newly created equipment to his back. Creating an air bubble around the equipment, he began swimming over to the buoy. He would get this special cache!IC: Elynirus / Parched Wastes"Thank you all. I was wondering if you would immediately attack."She nodded to them. "I was wondering, why would a group so large have formed?"IC: Suicavel / Stony LeapThey never got a chance. The disk of shadow appeared overhead once more. Suicavel, straing into Zeus, send all of the force of the Avsa into him. Having just awoken, Zeus would be in no condition to run, let alone fight.OOC: I swear at least 10 posts came up while I was writing this.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

OOC: Wow... that's a lot of characters we got amassed. We could pretty much take over the island. I call for a revolution! :PIC: Parched WastesGreel simply shrugged. Maybe it was a good thing the group was getting bigger. The part about being easily discovered wasn't good - for the others, at least. He liked a little fight here and there, once or twice a day. Though it was best to stay away from big threats; he had no intention of losing - or dying, for that matter. The more he thought about it, Greel believed that they might be able to stand up to the Shepherds as a threat, instead of the other way around. I bet they would all like that - to leave. I don't mind much. It really wasn't as fun out there as it was in here. In all his time on this deadly island, he had never thought he would be part of such a large group. He always planned on being alone, setting up traps for others in hopes of a good, victorious battle. ''Perhaps,'' he told Rynekk, ''we should keep whatever we're doing up.'' IC: Yawning SunderHexxon, upon seeing no threat, reached inside for his prize...A Kanohi Kaukau? What is this-The sound of stone splitting caught his attention. Apparently, he was a little too eager to get the cache...A moment later, he felt the impact, the falling, his life flashing before his eyes. He no longer sat ontop his Rhotuka, which had probably dissapated. Death was coming for him - what could he do?I am powerful, I am cunning! I have survived from the losses of others! What abilities can I use to-Then it hit him, the Mask of Power he clutched. Quickly placing it over his current Kanohi, Hexxon activated its power. He held on tightly to all his equipment, and braced for the chill and...The Toa of Psionics plundged beneath the surface of the river. IC: Southwestern SeaBeing closer to the surface, Vertan had seen the buoy first. That was definately a clue, and Reptak needed to know. He sent a force bolt down at the floating cloud that was his partner.The he seemed to have gotten the Skakdi's attention, and pointed at the float. Both swam faster and farther, their greed fueling their efforts.

Edited by Magnus Greel

-==IC: Desiana//Parched Wastes==-"I'm not really sure myself... I just got here." Desiana said, as she walked.Literally... Desiana added in her mind, as she recalled that she hadn't actually been on the island long at all; nor had she been a Toa for long either. However, if she could help out these people; and find a way off the island in the process, she would definitely join the group.OOC: Just to say, the only reason all my characters are together, is, well, because this is the biggest amount of characters so far. =P A perfect target for someone like Sarkan, though he'd likely die if he took them all on at once.

IC: Arillan / Southern SeasArillan reached the buoy first, grabbing onto it. He then saw something else. Something he didn't want to see. Switching to his Mask of Gravity, he caused the gravity on the Skakdi and its cloud like partner to become nothing. Both began floating up into the air.He looked around. What did he find?IC: Elynirus / Parched Wastes"Huh," said Elynirus, looking around. "Seems weird, though. Nowhere near a cache, out in the middle of the desert. For what reason?OOC: What I refer to is how Darkon did the same thing in the Archive topic. When it became clear Frag and Klax had the upper hand over him, he had all of his characters convene at the same location to fight. It's pretty irritating they would do so for no reason. Again.I mean, seriously, you wouldn't be able to smell a Muaka from that far off.(Though Felix or Rocky would woop Norus down easily. Just saying.)-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

OOC: Oh yeah, I realize that, as I remember reading that, I just wanted to explain my reasons for not splitting my characters up yet. =P Because Sarkan's not just a malicious person who wants to kill people... He wants to deceive them in the process. =P-==IC: Desiana//Parched Wastes==-"Well, again, I'm not entirely certain given that I just arrived... But... I'm almost positive there was a battle here recently, which, well... Was kinda confirmed when I arrived." Desiana said, motioning to Rocky, who was carrying the lifeless form of Irriane."And maybe it's a 'safety in numbers' type of thing? I mean, there are many people gathered here now, after all..."

OOC: Hexxon's pretty much going to stay on his own for most of the game. He'll go after caches, work from his little base, maybe ally - but not team up. He simply will want to survive, be alone for the duration.Reptak and Vertan will be together, since they need eachother to access their elements. What they'll do? Time will tell... and Vertan will definately have his rematch with Levacius and Amalia, though at a later time. As for Reya, she just wants to leave and go back to being a thief. :P IC: Southwestern SeaWhat Arillan found was a giant fireball coming at him, along with a volley of force bolts. Being in the sea first had its advantages, and so the two Skakdi were not so far behind as the Toa of Air would probably have liked.Both were at the buoy, Vertan coming out of the water via his decrease in gravity, Reptak was coming up very soon, ''eyes'' whirling around, looking for the cache. Arillan was about to be in a very interesting fight.IC: Southeastern SeaWhat Levacius had talked about was enough to put Reya into a thinking pose that would last some time. Was he expecting all that from them all - including himself?She definately needed to think about was she was in for.

Edited by Magnus Greel

IC: Elynirus / Parched WastseElynirus shrugged. "Perhaps." she said. "Or perhaps someone here is walking us all into a trap..."IC: Arillan / Southern SeasThe fireball flew past Arillan, and while most of the force bolts missed, one hit his shoulder.Arillan focused on Vertan first, using his air powers to suck all of the oxygen from the Skakdis lungs and creating a vacuum around his head - the toa of airs specialty. As an assassin, he didn't much like the way this fight was set up.Turning to Reptak, he activated the mask again. The green mass of crystal pieces began floating up into the sky, and not by its own will. Then, high up in the air, Arillan caused gravity to crush inwards - he was attempting to create a black hole out of the Skakdi!-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

IC: Terizov and Amalia: Eastern Coast:"If we've got this plan laid out, what do we do now?" Amalia asked, impatient to know. "Not trying to be picky but, in our free time, can we make a KARZ'N bigger boat?!" Terizov grumbled as he shifted his wings.IC: Orssa: Parched Wastes:"May we begin our trek, Nostala?" Orssa questioned.

OOC: Levacius, what about the attacks?IC: Southwestern SeaReptak, once up in the air, had returned to his normal form: a light green and gold Skakdi, eyes filled with hate, and both pointed at Arillan. They began to glow, and twin laser beams shot out, aimed directly at the Toa. And unfortunately, the mask he wore could not create black holes - only able to lift or press down a target.Vertan's personal vacuum bubble was shredded by his ''friend'' and had fresh air flooding his lungs as well. His scarlet-colored eyes held fury more intense than Reptak's, for he hated Toa - all of them. He pointed a claw at Arillan's glowing Kanohi as he floated up, increasing the temperature on it to searing, and then hotter. Not enough to melt the mask, but making it painful to wear anylonger, about to heat up the metal face, and the organic components behind that.OOC: Last post for today.

IC - Nostala - Parched Wastes: Nostala looked at Orssa, confused at his question. "We're trekking now," she said as they continued to walk. Casting one last glance at him, she looked at the to female Toa. "Once again, I'll explain what's going on here once we get somewhere more secure. To make a long story short, a couple of us joined as a group to combat a common threat, and people have been picked up and recruited from there. Considering we were just attacked and nearly killed by a member of Team Patronage, we aren't in any condition to try and trick anyone, so you don't need to worry about that."

Edited by Parugi

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

OOC: Edited, Magnus Greel.IC: Levacius / The Griffon II"Harder than it looks," said Levacius. "It would take a long time to make a bigger boat than this. I don't know what happened to the iron toa who helped us.""And what to do now? Well, now it is time to recruit. What region should we search in?"IC: Elynirus / Parched Wastes"Interesting," said Elynirus. "Yes, I've heard of Patronage. Soldiers paid in food and treasure by the Shepherds for doing their every blasted whim."Looking around, she said, "My home has been destroyed in south Shadowtangle. I would like to ask for permission to join your expedition. It would be easier to find food. If I need to offer something, than this is all I have."Taking the bag of water, she took a large gulp before tossing the rest (about a gallon) over to Nostalas feet. "You guys no doubt could use some. And in a fight, I'm pretty handy. I can't use any elemental powers, but frankly, I don't need them."IC: Arillan / Southern SeasArillan swung his arm, and a current of wind hit Vertan with enough force to drop his concentration. The two lasers flew past him, one striking the buoy.The mask returned to being cool, and Arillan said, "I don't much like fighting out in the open like this, especially with a bunch of stinking, Skakdi brutes. But I, Arillan of Team Patronage, think not to the idea of you taking what I claim as my own!"OOC: If you are a member of Team Patronage, would we be able to fight or not? I just now realized that complication.Last post.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

OOC: @Parugi: Oops :PIC: Orssa: Parched Wastes:"Oops. I guess all that fighting got to my head," Orssa frowned.IC: Amalia: Eastern Coast:"Why not try the Parched Wastes? The Shadowtangle is too dark, we just passed Toothy Bane with no one, Haven Cove an exception, Ashring too volcanic, and Shimmering Maze too small. Well, have at it!" Amalia said.