The Island Of Pain

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

OOC: What of Trian and Felix? They're going for the one just east of Haven Cove, which, as far as I can tell, hasn't been claimed. Also, Jontan has found anti-venom in the cache earlier. Same question as Lev and Greel.

Jontan/Off the Coast of Northwestern AshringIC:

There it was! Jontan dove straight into the water, snatching the cache. Ah, that had been easy... He tore it from its bindings and brought it to the surface. Once on his little platform, he used his sand to open the cache. Unbeknownst to him, this caution might just save his life... In any case, he'd be able to take his prize before whoever these beings were could.OOC: Feel free to have the tongue pierce him anyways. =P

Rastaque/Shimmering MazeIC:

Mirrors, mirrors... So many! Rastaque would have been lost had it not been for his power. He used the air to feel around, searching for Blinding White and his attacker... There! Perfect. Without further ado, Rastaque leaned just far enough out to send two needles towards Blinding White, or where he would be in a few moments. One was aimed to pierce the back of his head, tear through his brain, and fly out of his eye. The other would fly through his spinal cord, go through the heart, and out the heartlight. With the shadows, the toa of ice hopefully wouldn't know until it was too late. Rastaque's garb was able to keep him hidden.

Trian and Felix/Ulcanine Range, Toothy BaneIC:

Was that the flag right there? Felix darted to it, ready to let Trian open the cache.

Edited by Toa of Dischordant Dancing

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

*insert placeholder signature here*

IC: AshringEvidently, Darkon had caught up. Greel watched as the bridge was constructed, but sighed as it began to sink to in the water, touching the sloping ground, laying diagonally.''Perhaps metal isn't the best to use here. Maybe have your steed make a bridge by pulling up the earth?'' he suggested. IC: Ashring''Do you see the ship moving? Anyone coming?'' asked Hexxon.''No,'' Vertan grunted, ready to extinguish the pillar of fire.''Wait, try this,'' he ordered, waving.The Skakdi seemed to get the message, morphing the column into a claw, which waved at the ship.IC: Eastern SeaUpon seeing the fire take on the semblence of a hand, Reya said, ''Looks like it is a sign to us. Maybe they have a cache, too. But I don't think I should head inland, better send two of us - Amalia and Terizov - if they want to go.''

Edited by Magnus Greel

IC: Umaroth: Shimmering Maze:Umaroth could see two needles fly through the air. He knew there was another attacker, one wh seemed to assasinate rather than to fight full on. He activated his Kakama, shot towards the needle with such speed, and brought them both down to the ground via gravity. Now he had two enemies.

OOC: Heh. My chars Zeus & Hades don't really stick well with a group. They might be back soon, though.IC: Zeus & Hades "I see. My brother and me are going to see what the white dot in shimmering maze is. Farewell." He said. Suddenly, Zeus ran at the speed of light next to Shimmering maze. Hades teleported out of his shadow. They both walked in, weapons drawn.IC: Darkon & Norus / With Greel "Good Idea." He said as he made the metal come back to him before absorbing it. Norus then created a likewise bridge. "I think me and Norus will stay back and guard us." He said. "Besides, your Rock Lion is faster than Norus."

pNNgXax.jpg

OOC: How could Umaroth see two needles in the dead of night, thrown by an assassin, especially when in was just stated that you attacked a wall and not Blinding White? In any case, if you say the needles, it would probably be a reflection of them.

Rastaque/Shimmering MazeIC:

Umaroth batted at two faint reflections on the wall. The real needles would, by now, have flown at a great speed and already assassinated their target. Assuming, of course, that Blinding White wasn't able to dodge them.

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

IC: Ashring''Hmm,'' Greel thought. ''I think it would be better is Norus came with me. The bridge doesn't look like it extends all the way out; he'll need to lengthen it. Plus, if there's anyone else out there, we can both take him or her out and get the cache. He looks big enough to crush anyone anyway.''

OOC: K. IC: Darkon & Norus / With Greel Darkon nodded. "Norus is definetly strong enough to crush anyting on this island. Also, be careful with the Cache. Something tells me that since there is so many of them, It's rether a trap or a scheme to cause more action." He said.IC: Zeus & Hades / Shimmering Maze Hades used his powers over shadow to locate the shadows made by people, thus knowing where the beings were. He popped up out of blinding white's shadow, and made a vicious stab with his sword.

pNNgXax.jpg

OOC: Will do, Darkon. But I can't guarantee that Norus won't get hurt, since it wouldn't be fair to be able to avoid all attacks thrown at you.IC: AshringNorus walked onto the bridge, his scorpion legs rippling with each step. He widened it, making it bigger so he could move on the structure. Greel followed behind, keeping an eye out for anyone that might be around. As the mutant Rahi came to the end of the bridge, he called to the earth, summoning more from below to extend and expand the bridge. At this rate they would get to the cache faster than swimming.

OOC: Waiting for The Power That Is to post, so all add a attack to my last attack.IC: Zeus & Hades / Fightning blindning white. As soon as Hades teleported, Zeus ran at the speed of light through the maze, finding the real Blinding White the moment Hades did. As soon as hades stabbed, Zeus created a gigantic lazer at Blindning white.

pNNgXax.jpg

OOC: THAT'S NOT HOW YOU SPELL LASER! :P Also, @ ToDD; All caches in the south have been claimed. Arillan has two, and big-brute has another one. The last is being fought over.IC: Levacius / The Griffon IILevacius looked inland, and said, "Agreed. I don't think a claw is a good way to say hello."Turning to Amalia, he said, "If you want to go out there, you most certainly should take Terizov. Signal me in if you run into trouble you can't handle, and I'll make sure it's taken care of."IC: Arillan / ShadowtangleArillan looked over this situation. Whoever this being was, they were too tough for his shoddy weaponry to get. He would need to somehow get in close and attack them when the time was right...Still, he didn't have that much time.Remaining in the shadows he called out, "Impressive display or resilience. I assume that, seeing as you take such care, you already have part of the cure. A cure that I need."In his mind, he already knew that this being would be too slow to possibly catch him if he fled. He would be able to take the two pieces of cure, if necessary."I propose an alliance..." he said. "Temporary. If you can survive an attack like that, you can survive what most enemies can throw. Undoubtedly there will be enough of the cure for two. Both of us will live, and walk away - never to see each other again.""Mostly because you'll be dead..." thought the assassin.IC: Elynirus / Parched WastesElynirus looked around the sandy wastes they were returning to, the grains glistening in the moonlight, and said, "What a nice place at night. A shame we don't have sunrises here, though. I miss sunrises."IC: Suicavel / Toothy BaneSuicavel, hunting through the dark mountains, came across a perculiar sight - a vortixx (Trian) and a Muaka (Felix). Grinning, and with spear in hand, he decided now would be a perfect time to hunt.From afar, he focused on Trian with the Avsa. She would be a piece of dessicated, lifeless flesh when he was done with her. He would drain every ounce of her life force...-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa

Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

IC: Northwestern SeaIt didn't take long for the two to get to the cache, though the appearance of another was not welcoming. Norus stopped, glaring at him. It was a Toa-like being, ontop a float of sand keeping him above the water. And in his hand, with sand attemping to open it, was the cache.Now, that just won't do. Norus thought, summoning Elemental Energy. Greel, too, had come to an abrupt stop, unable to move ahead with the giant Rahi blocking his way. He poked his head over the side to get a look at what was the problem. And what a problem it was.Even if it was dark out, the sand around this one gave the answer right away. It's that Sand-wielder! He's here!Greel decided he wanted to use the element of surprise by using the dark. Hiding himself, he allowed Norus to deal with Jontan while he tried to steal the box from his greedy hands. The assualt was ready; the huge scorpion waved his claws in the air, bringing forth dirt from beneath the sands of the sea to seize the mutant Toa. Thick columns of compacted soil shot from the end of the bridge, spikes on their tips, all aimed and stretching out for Jontan.

OOC: Even though Trian and Felix have been about to get this one before anyone else. =/ Also, Greel, Jontan should be out of there by now. It's just that I have to wait until TPtI says if he avoided poisoning and what was in the cache.

Trian and Felix/Ulcanine Range, Toothy Bane, (Hopefully after they get the cache [one east of Haven Cove])IC:

Whether she was poisoned or not, Trian had a feeling that emotional drain was not a part of the venom. Which would lead to there being an enemy. No problem there were plenty of rahi around the area. Thus, stashing her part of the antidote (if, indeed, she got it), she directed Felix to sprint into the trees. Multiple other muaka, dozens of brakas, and various other rahi were preparing to assault Suicavel if he followed.

Edited by Toa of Dischordant Dancing

OOC: No, previously given antidotes aren't going to work on this. Doom Viper venom is much nastier than anything the Island can throw at you. Unless you run into a Doom Viper of course :POh and ToD, which cache are you going for? Your post say the one in the Ulcanines, but you say in OOC its the one east of Haven Cove. Which is it?IC: Using air to sense opponents out wasn't omniscience. Only questing around for people meant Rastaque had a vague grasp on the environment at best. He hadn't taken into account the long distance between him and Blinding White, or the twists and turns, or the various spars of crystal shooting out at odd angles. The needles ricochetted and bounced off unnoticed obstacles, ending up embedded in a wall.Of course, he also hadn't noticed that Blinding White had greatly lowered the temperature in the air. Still as he was to mask himself and aim, his joints were icing over, trapping him in place...Zeus and Hades ran into a similar problem. As Blinding White hadn't know exactly where Umaroth was he'd just annihilated all warmth in a wide area, with himself as the eye of the storm, radiating cold outwards. And Hades had teleported right into the middle of it. He was frozen solid within seconds, unable to complete his sword thrust before being rendered immobile. Zeus got luckier. As he was running, he tripped on the ice-covered floor, slamming into the ground. And at light-speed that would be quite painfulIC: Jontan's caution only resulted in the serpent's tongue shooting out and lancing into his foot. because of his trip into the water, his defensive sand was wet making it slow, claggy and less able to form solid walls. The tongue struck right through it, scoring lines along Jontan's ankles

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC: Umaroth: Shimmering Maze:Umaroth could feel tendrils of colorless cold swipe through him. He shivered, but continued on on breaking the celling again, large shards of crystal impacting the maze. Umaroth, however, put a field of gravity above and around him to stop incoming crystal.IC: Amalia: Eastern Coast:"No, it is best if I go alone- this is not your buisiness, but mine. I will take care of this, no matter the cost. Farewell for now," Amalia teared up as she flew towards the beacon with her potion of the anitdote.

OOC: TPTI, did Grotir find the one in between the one at Haven Cove and the northwestern tip of the Shadowtangle yet? She's been poking around with her macuhuitl in an attempt to find it and trip the trap in such a way that she doesn't get poisoned further.Also, lol @Arillan...What he doesn't know could end up being his downfall if he does backstab her.IC: Grotir continued to rummage through the area systematically, chopping through undergrowth as she looked for the purple flag. "Fine." She didn't want to reveal that she had another ally just yet...Especially not when said ally was probably invisible right now.

Edited by The Fearless Leader

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

IC: Hades & Zeus / Fightning Blinding white. Hades used his powers to teleport, leaving a empty block of ice. He appeared behind Umaroth. "Do not worry. We are fightning a common foe." He said as he created Tendrils of shadow that wrapped around Blinding white. The tendrils started to crush Blinding white. While this happened, Zeus had managed to run off again with out falling, and got past the ice storm. From a safe distance, he waited for a opening in the attacks of Hades, who he was talking with.

pNNgXax.jpg

IC: AshringAll four eyes watched as one from the ship came flying towards the beacon. No one else seemed to follow, so Vertan felt the need to retract the massive claw back into his outstreched hand. The fading illumination revealed some details to the being that approached - which Reptak (hidden by the night and floating just below the black clouds) decided to record, in case they needed to battle with whoever it was. They could tell it was a Toa-sized being, with a feminine-shaped body - a female Toa, by the looks of her. The Toa wore blue and gold and silver armor - possibly a Psionics Toa. And on her face, she bore a Kadin, in the familiar shape of a Huna.Amalia.Vertan's eyes grew as she came closer. That was the one who hurt him, attacked him, the one he promised that he would kill her. Only he was defeated before he could do so, and now she came, the distance decreasing...Hexxon could mentally sense the fury building up... and it was not pleasent.

Edited by Magnus Greel

OOC: Fearless Leader, I've been leaving that one as you're talking to Arillan, and I'm not sure whether ToD's characters are there or not.Oh, and Darkon, if you've been frozen solid, kind of hard to muster the concentration to teleport. Freezing hurts. Seen the film Thor? Notice how bad Heimdall was shook up after he got frozen?And if you're by Umaroth then you're nowhere near Blinding White. Umaroth has only been attacking reflections, and I mentioned a distance between BW and Rastaque who is also close to Umaroth. Plus that aura of cold which froze you solid hasn't been affecting Umaroth. See what I'm saying here?And then there's Zeus, who is apparently unhurt after hitting solid ice at lightspeed. You hit the ground running at your fastest, your likely to sprain a joint or cut yourself, how much damage do you think you'd do hitting the ground at that kind of speed light moves at?

Edited by The Power that Is

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC: Amalia: Ashring:Amalia could make out Vertan- wait?! Vertan? He was the one who needed the antidote. She was uneasy with the whole situaton, especially teaming with that Skakdi. She mentaly expelled a message: If you want a piece of the antidote, you must trust me to acompany you to find the others.

OOC: Ah, I see what you saying.IC: Zeus & Hades / Fighting Blinding White But Hade's attack destroyed a wall where a reflection had been. Zeus inspected the minor cuts and bruises he had from tripping, and then looked back at blinding white. "This will end now, snow demon!" He yelled as he launched a gigantic laser at him, making sure it would get through the cold, taking his elemental power level to half.

pNNgXax.jpg

IC: AshringThe words put into Vertan's head were like some incomprehensible dialect of Skakdi or Matoran; he didn't understand - he didn't want to. The claw was completely gone, absorbed back into his form, but its heat seemed to vented outward, reflecting his building rage.Hexxon had picked up the message sent to the Skakdi. Yes, this is a Psonics Toa. I couldn't sense her mind, and the armor coloring and telepathy gave her Element away. A great fireball of white-hot flames was about to be released by Vertan, but it stopped. Mental pain was forced into his head by the Toa of Psionics.Oh, no you don't, Hexxon said telepathically. She holds another cache. Another vial of antidote is with her. If we are to survive, you WILL work together. I WILL NOT DIE. With Hexxon's mental ''encouraging'', Vertan looked weakly and angrily up at Amalia. Oh, how much he wanted to murder her.''Looks like we have to work together, Toa,'' he said, the words reluctantly coming out of his mouth. ''My friend right here also has a cache and a portion of the antidote.''He nodded. ''The Skakdi speaks the truth. I do indeed have one. And if we all work together, we can obtain the other bottles. So far, we have three-eighths of the cure. I suggest we head for the nearest cache. There is no time to lose.''Hexxon finished, already walking away, beckoning to the others to follow.

Edited by Magnus Greel

IC[Myr{Eastern end of Haven Cove(Shipping container)}]:As Myr regained consciousness, he was dimly aware that he was bound. Where am I? Who am I? Myr opened his eyes, but was greeted with darkness, and he heard nothing but the metallic echoes of his ragged breath. Myr focused, trying to use his Kanohi, but only succeeded in developing a feeling of being surrounded by a thin box of iron. When his right hand reflected light from some unknown source, Myr realized two things; that his Kanohi was a mask of Rhabdomancy, and that his armor was covered in strange scratches. Myr turned his attention to the iron veneer surrounding him, trying to alter it in come way. He succeeded in making an iron ball about half the size of his fist. He first used the iron to free himself from the chair he was bound to, and then to pry open the doors of his cell, which he soon realized was a shipping container, on a beach. When he exited the container, Myr set about removing the manacles around his wrists, but stopped when the scratches on the back of his right hand glinted in the moonlight. Myr suddenly found himself lying on the beach. Ok, Myr, that was odd. Wait, how do I know my name is Myr? Myr decided that his time was better spent figuring out where he was, and accepted that his name was Myr. As he rose up, Myr became vaguely aware that the iron ball he had acquired was missing, and set about locating a more durable substance. Myr felt the urge to head east, and for no other reason than to find the raw materials for a weapon, headed east.

OOC: The one east of Haven Cove was the first one Arillan got, anyways.Also, I wasn't going for emotional drain, I was going for life drain.IC: Arillan / Toothy BaneFrom the darkness, Arillan came into view. His cloak from the desert cache was wet and full of all sorts of holes now, but still did well to conceal him. He slung his bow back over his back and moved downwards.A slight breeze moved as Arillan scanned the area for an ambush. Indeed, he noted that there was another being nearby.IC: Suicavel / Toothy BaneWhen Felix vanished into the shadows of Shadowtangle, he literally vanished. The darkness compeltely enveloped the area, leaving sight -even that of a cat- completely useless for the Muaka.It was very unnatural when Trian watched in horror as her own shadow stood up, became massive, and covered over her. She was completely blinded to anything at all. The life drain of the Avsa took its hold twofold, weakening her severely.IC: Levacius / The Griffon II"I don't like this," said Levacius. "Psionicists are too valuable to send out to their deaths like this."He placed his hand up to the lower portion of his mask, and said, "One being? Or multiple beings? An ambush, or a call for aid. What could it be?"-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

IC: Eastern Sea''Who knows?'' Reya asked. ''Should we stay here, or move to a different spot? Someone might get greedy and come to the east for us.''She walked over to the railing again. Never had the Toa of Water thought of ever having a bounty on her. How long would it last? Could she ever step on the island again without being attacked on sight?Her hands went to her head as she pondered her future. Perhaps she could spend the time metitating.

Edited by Magnus Greel

IC: Grotir merely continued looking for the flag with her massive weapon, not turning to gauge his strength. She had already narrowed him down to either a Toa of Air or Toa of Sonics. Only one of those could've silenced the projectile and wouldn't've invaded her mind to take over her arm holding the vial. Of course, there was always the possibility that he WAS a Toa of Psionics after all and was playing her for a fool. But she doubted it-no toa wanted in on her mind. No normal toa, that is.

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

IC[Myr{South-Eastern coast}]:Myr was close to the south-eastern end of the Island, and reached it rather quickly, but despite the urge to move further east, he stopped, there was nothing in sight that could possibly be a source of metal, save for a ship in the distance. If I could make a fire, I could signal for help. Myr set about searching for a source of wood or some other flammable material.OOC: Myr is currently available for interaction, if that wasn't already clear.

OOC: Sorry for my absence today; I realize I've sort of been holding Elynirus up for the past few hours. :3Greel: :POr, more appropriately -- :troll: :PIC - Nostala - Parched Wastes: "Indeed," Nostala said as her disguise dissolved. She sighed, looking up at the sky. "Who knows; perhaps with as big of a force as we have, we'll manage to find a way to escape this island in one piece. But then, that's what I need to talk to everyone about once we all get back to the ruins..." She looked at the half-Matoran, half-Toa. "Where are you from, by the way? I've never seen your species before -- and that's saying something, considering how much I've traveled."

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

IC: AshringHexxon frowned at Amalia's words. ''Excuse me, Toa. But do you even know where to start searching?'' he looked up at the map, looking for the closest cache location. ''Perhaps we should try the southeastern cache in Toothy Bane...''Vertan didn't like the Toa at all; her complaining just irritated him more. He was close to one of his most hated ememies and he couldn't even kill her with breaking the vial of antidote, and Hexxon wouldn't allow it. Maybe he'd kill them both after all this...

IC: Amalia: Ashring:Amalia sensed a ripple of anger eminating from Vertan. "It seems that the Skakdi does not like either of us," Amalia said to Hexxon.IC: Doru Araeba: Toothy Bane:The Kull bashed his way through the Bane. He was atop the mountain, purple flag waving in the moonlight. He could make out some objects beside the mountain, shrubs, moss, some being- a being? Doru Araeba couldn't believe what he was seeing. He'd thought he had been marooned for here for quite some time, until this happened. He pulled on his cestus, preparing for a fight.OOC: That is you, Killer_myr.

IC: Doru Araeba: Toothy Bane:"Nay. I know not where we are, though I do know we are on the Island of Pain. My name is Doru- Doru Araeba of the Kull. And who might you be?" Doru Araeba asked Myr, taking off his cestus and putting them back on his belt.

Edited by Rakata

IC[Myr{South-Eastern end of Toothy Bane}]:"My name is Myr." replied Myr, "I am trying to signal a ship in the East, so that I might get off of this Island. Do you know where I can find combustible material of some kind? Or perhaps a weapon?" When Myr reached the peak, he was alarmed at his acquaintance's appearance, but it quickly subsided.OOC: I have to go eat dinner. Be back in a bit.