The Island Of Pain

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

OOC: There is no cache in southeast Toothy Bane. There is no cache west of Haven Cove. Only one cache hasn't been claimed, and Grotir is trying to get it open safely.IC: Levacius / The Griffon IILevacius pondered for a bit before saying, "Well... let's see..."He pointed up. "Judging by the way that group came, and the fact Amalia hasn't had trouble, I deduce that they have at least one poisoned member. They're likely working with her. If they came from that direction (he pointed upwards from where the northeast cache was, and drew an arc down to where Amalia had flown to) they probably already retrieved the cache there, and either never went to the one at Dragons Roost or off the northwest coast, or just didn't plan to."His mask glowed from passive to active on sight, and he focused in. "I can't see much... but it appears they're moving away from us."The mask stopped glowing, and his sight returned to normal (well, his vision was good, and the mask always gave him a benefit, so not really normal). "I'll take a gander and say they're moving to the south caches... Perhaps it would be best to sail around south and ensure that we're nearby in case she needs us?"He though a bit. "East," he said. "If I was in their place, I would go east first. Toothy Bane is harder to navigate than Shadowtangle, so assuming the western one was already lost would seem a fair deal. They'd want as much in their hands as possible, as a bargaining tool. And since everyone who didn't go from east to west would be, obviously, going west to east, they would run into others on the way. Two Gukko, one disk."He shrugged and said, "Well, at least I would do it that way."IC: Elynirus / Parched WastesElynirus examined the beautifully gleaming sands and commented, "Why do you think the Shepherds do this here? This island, save the ravenous beasts, is a beautiful place, especially during the night time. But instead they lock people up on here. Why not use it as a home? A secure, beautiful home nobody can get into except for you. Your own private retreat."Shaking her head, she said, "Maybe they just take pleasure in torturing people."IC: Arillan / ShadowtangleThrowing caution to the wind, Arillan drew the golden cache box to himself through the use of gravity. Shaking his head, he put it on the ground and placed it on its front side before opening it up, the blade facing away from him.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

OOC: I thought Arillan got the one west of it, and that looked like it was in mountains. I'm pretty sure TPtI said the ones he was in were the Urcanine. Thus, I assumed the ones to the east were the Ulcanine. In either case, Trian and Felix were at the opposing one from the one Arillian got. Again, sorry for the confusion. I thought Arillan got the one to the west. In any case, Trian and Felix have been trying to get either one for longer than Arillan, and dang it, I want Trian poisoned. Arillan and she can team up, if she's able to convince him.

Jontan/AshringIC:

That... hurt. Jontan had just enough time to hear the message before Greel and his companions came up to him. The stupid beings from earlier... No matter. He grabbed him portion of the antidote and caused the ocean floor to rise up around them. Wet and slightly slower, yes, but that made it stronger and harder to get through. By the time they would get through, he'd be sprinting into the Parched Wastes. Hopefully Rastaque had finished Blinding White by now.

Rastaque/Shimmering MazeIC:

Darned ice... Rastaque constantly vibrated his body in place, moving just enough to keep himself from freezing or getting groggy. Dodging a falling piece of crystal, he used the other two needles to fly the same course, modified to fly between obstacles and hit in Blinding White's newest positioning. Come on, come on...

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

*insert placeholder signature here*

IC: Ashring''Of course he doesn't,'' Hexxon replied. ''What Skakdi likes a Toa?''Vertan growled. ''Can we hurry up? I think that poison's getting worse, and your talking just makes it all worse.''Hexxon would send a little pain into his head for his insolence, but wanted to reserve his powers.Up ahead was the Yawning Sunder, where they would hopefully find one of the temporary bridges to get across - or Vertan across, since he was the only one who didn't have some sort of trasporting ability.

Edited by Magnus Greel

IC: Grotir bounded over when she heard the rustling and stood next to him with a slight smirk on her face. "Ladies first."Of course, she only meant 'ladies first' in getting the cache's stuff. The guy could open them for her any day.

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

IC: Northwestern SeaGreel cursed as he saw the walls rise around them. This was how that sand-wielder always retaliated, by building a thick wall of sand around his ememies. However, it wasn't something terribly hard to penetrate. The downside to this was that Jontan would be gone by then. Norus was even agrier. The tiny creature had gotten away so easily! But his trap wouldn't last long. Raising both hands again, he ordered dirt from below to tear at the barriers from inside, and then hurled the spiked columns at the wet sand. Slowly, the wet sand crumbled, sloping back into the water. But the Rahi wanted a faster way out; he turned back and charged, ramming his pinchers and stinger tail into the wall.Greel came out from his hiding place, watching how Norus dealt with the problem with just force. After whispering a solution into his ear, the scorpion slammed his legs and claws on the ground. Had the sand been dry and more compacted, the Rahi would've had a tougher problem. But instead it was wet and falling apart. Norus, under Greel's advice, raised the earthen bridge, the construct cutting through the poor walls. Once it was up - now leading up, across the top with a flat path, and back down a slope - Norus pushed it down, even stepping on and flattening it out again. ''Good,'' Greel said, using some telekinesis to clear the way of sand. ''Let's get back to the others. That Toa's probably gone, and I doubt we'll catch up now. Plus, our friend are waiting back at the shore.''The two headed back, both upset that a cache was lost to such a hated person.

OOC: It is fine. :PIC: Doru Araeba: Toothy Bane:"Sorry. I don't know where anyone could find weapons, either in a cache or someone dead. If you would like, I would let you borrow my scissors," Doru Araeba offered.OOC: Link to what a scissor is on Doru Araeba's character page.IC: Amalia: Ashring:Amalia went over to Hexxon and said telepathically: What will you do after we are cured? Amalia asked curiously.

Edited by Rakata

OOC: Ah, but alas, that is what people used- quite ruthless don't you think. :PIC: Doru Araeba: Toothy Bane:"The only thing that comes to mind would be either my armor, a cache case, or a dead body. If you can find some ore, I'll gladly mine it," Doru Araeba suggested.

IC: Yawning SunderAmalia's telepathic message was deflected by Hexxon's mental shielding. He didn't even seem to take any notice to it; he only saw the female Toa fly up to him.What does she want?The great chasm that was the Yawning Sunder divided their path, cutting them off from the island. Though, this was easily solved; Hexxon used his Kualsi to teleport across, and Reptak simply flew over the canyon. Amalia could fly over it, so Vertan was the only one who needed a nearby, wooden bridge to cross.He cursed on the way and did so even after making it to Shadowtangle. Now they waited for Amalia.IC: AshringGreel arrived with Norus at the Ashring coast, and was surprised to hear Darkon's challenge. Smiling and leaping on Rocky, the two ran after their allies, catching up quicking. the Rock Lion was, after all, faster. Well, nothing like a good competition to cheer you up.

IC: Doru Araeba: Toothy Bane:"Erm... I've only been told what they are, never really seen one though. I guess it could be either oval or square shaped.OOC: I know this is pretty naive but what exactly does a cache look like?IC: Amalia: Yawning Sunder:Amalia was frustrated at Hexxon blocking her message. It was not meant for harm, but Hexxon clearly took it as it was. She then flew past him and the others again.

OOC: He doesn't remove them from the map. The caches are gone.And I started off at the far southeast one and worked my way west, ToDD. The second one down from Shadowtangle is the one Grotir and Arillan are at.IC: Arillan / ShadowtangleArillan growled at her, and popped the cache open, waiting to watch the razor sharp blade stick out.IC: Levacius / The Griffon IILevacius pulled up anchor, and turned the sails. "Come on!" he said. "I want to get this ship moving. Due south of Haven Cove would be nice."OOC: Also @ ToDD; Arillan is unlikely to team up with anyone. Grotir would be fighting for her life if he thought he could pull it off without seriously damaging himself in the process.Just hurry up and let Suicavel eat you (check my last post with him, you didn't respond yet).-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

IC - Nostala - Parched Wastes: As they got within sight of the ruins, Nostala sighed, shaking her head. "Do monsters ever have a good reason?" she asked, images of various islands flashing through her head. Lush, green forests reduced to charred wastelands; rivers poisoned by factories set on producing objects of war; a diverse land splitting into six pieces, chaos engulfing the different sections of the island as they split away from one another... Worst of all were the images of her home land, Artana; rainforests and jungles, villages and caves, all of them reduced to dead zones completely devoid of color and life. She shuddered at the thought of the monstrous being that had caused the destruction -- a writhing mass of metal and flesh, a gigantic, gaping mouth at its center, armored, clawed legs carrying it through the land..."Some beings don't live for anything as simple as joy," she said bitterly. "They'd rather watch others squirm and suffer underneath their heels than allow them even a moment of happiness. And for what? Power? Wealth? Their own twisted entertainment? Nothing of value in the next life. These are the kinds of people who run this 'game' -- monsters who have nothing better to do."She sighed again as they slowed, entering the ruins. By now her mind was set. Whether or not the others approved, her main goal, her only goal from here on out would be to cause the Shepherds as much trouble as possible. Nostala would escape or die trying -- and when she did, she would take her captors down without a moment's hesitation.

Edited by Parugi

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

OOC: Lets assume its an old, rusted box from much earlier.IC[Myr]:The sword did not take long to make, and the resulting blade was about as long as Myr's arm, and had been formed from only one piece of metal. It was dark in color, but had been tempered through strenuous folding. It was a dark color, light enough to be wielded as a broadsword by a Matoran, and resembled a machete. "Well, that should hold up for a few years, after I check for any remaining flaws." Sensing minimal flaws in his sword, Myr checked Doru's weapons, and carefully repaired the seam in the scissor's cup. "Strong enough to block a morningstar, sharp enough to shear through lesser blades, and light enought for a turaga to wield without any difficulty whatsoever. This blade is not something I can afford to lose."

IC: ShadowtangleThe group marched among the darkness and trees of Shadowtangle, headed for the southeastern cache by Toothy Bane. Hexxon was detecting mental energy from all around. It belong to all the vicious Rahi that plauged this massive forest. Once or twice Vertan had to batter or incinerate a stalking creature, who saw the four as a banquet.According to the map, which could barely be seen in the darkness, they were halfway there. If the cache had been claimed, then they would go to the west, where more prizes and antidotes awaited.OOC: So, from what I can gather, the only open cache left is in southwest Toothy Bane, right? All the others have been found except for that one?IC: Parched WastesGreel emerged from Ashring first, Darkon and Norus not far behind. Rocky made way for the ruins, which weren't very distant. Hopefully, others had caught a cache. If not, maybe they could all go after that Patronage guy.

OOC: Sorry, 'bout that. Forgot to respond.

Trian and Felix/Shadowtangle, Fighting SuicavelIC:

"Stay calm," whispered Trian, both to herself and Felix. If she didn't have the control that she did, she would be dead in a minute. However, she had an abundance of rahi surrounding the area, ready for her commands. Figuring out the general area in which her attacker must be, she told the rahi to converge. Five muaka and a dozen brakas monkeys were commanded to kill any non-rahi by sight, smell, hearing, or any other means.Felix was pretty well off, even without his sight. He had exceptional hearing and smell too. Yes, he had to be more cautious, but he was able to dodge the trees if he walked slow. They just needed to find a small area where they could crouch down, out of direct sight. Hopefully that would weaken the Avsa's grip...

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

IC: Parched WastesThe ruins base was just ahead; victory was in his reach! Rocky made one last leap into the air, pouncing off a dune and coming to a stop at the ruins' entrance. I win. Greel said, looking back at Drakon, then at the group. He demounted himself off his pet and walked with him to the others. From here, it didn't look like they had found any equipment.

OOC: I thought Arillan got the one west of it, and that looked like it was in mountains. I'm pretty sure TPtI said the ones he was in were the Urcanine. Thus, I assumed the ones to the east were the Ulcanine. In either case, Trian and Felix were at the opposing one from the one Arillian got. Again, sorry for the confusion. I thought Arillan got the one to the west. In any case, Trian and Felix have been trying to get either one for longer than Arillan, and dang it, I want Trian poisoned. Arillan and she can team up, if she's able to convince him.

The mountains to the east (ie the right of the map) are the Urcanines. Because they're the Upper Right Canines. By the same logic the Ulcanines are the Upper Left Canines, and the ones directly above Haven Cove are the Incisor Range. The place is called Toothy Bane after all :PI know technically they should be the Lower canines as they're in the south of the island, but Lrcanine is really hard to pronounce.Since the exact location of Trian is a bit of a mess and you're now fighting Suivacel, I'm going to go ahead and say Grotir got it

OOC: Why then, TLZ, are they still listed?

Partly because it prevents meta-gaming, with people mysteriously not going after caches that have already been taken, and partly because removing them from the map would involve me redoing the entire map as I can't just delete the spots

OOC: I know this is pretty naive but what exactly does a cache look like?

Metal boxes, basically. Imagine a strongbox, something like thisIC: In wasting time inspecting his wounds, Zeus had given Blinding White time to react. By moving at lightspeed he'd given away his powers, so the Patronage knew what to expect. He'd erected a dome of ice around himself, specially designed to be reflective. When Zeus' laser hit it bounced off, splitting into multiple smaller lasers as the ice refracted it. It continued to leap and split as it hit crystals, the whole Maze rapidly being engulfed in this lethal rave party. And while Blinding White dome shielded him, and Zeus could just absorb the bolts, Umaroth, Hades and Rastaque had no such protectionIC: With Arillan and Grotir opening the cache from a safe distance, the poisoned tongue lashed out at thin air. Inside this cache was a small purse, like the kind used for coins. It seemed to contain scraps of wood, another ingredient for the poison's antidote

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC: Toothy Bane/ShadowtangleThey had made it, standing directly under the purple dot. There was no cache to be seen, only slashed ropes that once held it.Hexxon and Vertan stood upon the low hills of this area, while Reptak floated in the air, his ''eyes'' studying the mountains he previously visited.The Psionics Toa turned to Amalia. ''The cache here is gone - claimed, by the looks of it. Now we must head to Haven Cove, and if the cache there is gone too, then we go to southwestern Shadowtangle, and so on.''He turned, using his mask to travel short distances before the group. They could see him fine, but he wanted to get things moving. It shouldn't take long getting to the beach from here.IC: Eastern SeaReya had the sea once again naviagte the ship from below to increase their speed. If they were heading south, then that's where it would push them.

OOC: What of the Haven Cove cache, is that still available? Are there any caches that haven't been claimed yet?IC Kono - Toothy Bane - Traveling towards the nearest Cache: The Toa of shadow walked calmly through the maze of mountains and cliffs that was Toothy Bane, he was in search of a Cache, hopefully it would hold something worth all his trouble. He had been stuck in the Bane for quite a few hours now, he had wanted to travel onward to Shadowtangle, but twice now something had drawn him back from his destination. The first time, it had been another person, one who could also see through the dark, as he could; he had traveled with her to Haven Cove (oddly, his current destination) where something had happened. He couldn't quite describe the situation, but it did involve a ship, and many Caretakers. After a fierce battle with these Caretakers, his companion was nowhere to be seen; Kono immediately assumed she had abandoned him, so he left for the large jungle once more. Then, on his way to it, the overhead dome-sky changed, this time instead of showing the view of many Observers, it showed a map of the island, with purple dots placed here and there near the bottom of the island. That could only mean Caches, and Caches meant battle. Kono had decided to grab the one in Haven Cove, but he could not seem to reach his destination-- not that that stopped him from going there, he had just gotten a bit lost along the way. He wasn't completely sure if the Cache was even there anymore, enough time had passed, and someone could have already gotten it. He pressed on, though, determined to at least confirm whether or not the Cache was still there. OOC: Unless the purple Cache marker disappears when its respective Cache is taken. :P -Kono

Rastaque/Shimmering MazeIC:

Rastaque slid below a laser, coming up just in time for another to fly between his legs. A third laser grazed his shoulder, instantly heating that entire area of his body. It burned, but that was much better than being frozen. Using a shattered piece of the maze, he diverted a laser from its course toward him. The assassin leaped forward, rolling under yet another laser and coming to a stop a few bio away from Blinding White. Hopefully a well-aimed kick would shatter the crystalline substance, opening it for the toa to kill his opponent.

OOC: Why then, TLZ, are they still listed?

Partly because it prevents meta-gaming, with people mysteriously not going after caches that have already been taken, and partly because removing them from the map would involve me redoing the entire map as I can't just delete the spots

OOC: I know this is pretty naive but what exactly does a cache look like?

Metal boxes, basically. Imagine a strongbox, something like this
OOC: Well, at least they can be made into weapons.