The Island Of Pain

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

OOC: Good TFL, I'm not the only one who knows those books. And so? Kulls are better than Urgals. :PIC: Umaroth: Shimmering Maze:Umaroth took the chance of speeding out towards the epicenter of the blizzard-like storm Blinding White. He felt the ice shiver up his spine, more and more as he got closer. When he got a safe distance between him and Blinding White, he released a chunk of crystal from the celling, crashing down on Blinding White.

OOC: Now you forgot, Lev. =P

Jontan/Parched Wastes, En Route to Stony LeapIC:

Jontan was running towards Stony Leap as fast as he could. It was only logical for everyone to gather at the center of the island. But if there were people that had obtained these caches and were that stupid, then he was causing the sand to rise in a massive arrow that pointed the the stone bridge. Yep.

Rastaque/Shimmering MazeIC:

Well, that was less than elegant. In any case, he was good now. Sure, his back was going to get frostbite soon. That is, if he didn't act. However, he did. Quickly spotted the weakest point beside him, Rastaque slammed his elbow into it. This shattered that area of the dome. As his back was right there, he got a few minor cuts; however, he was free. The assassin, holding onto the ice with one hand to keep himself steady, launched three needles at Blinding White's heartlight and eyes. As the toa of ice was at point-blank range and had pretty effectively trapped himself, the only thing that could go wrong was... well, a lot. Like if that crystal somehow hit the toa before the needles. But in any case, it might work.

Edited by Toa of Dischordant Dancing

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

*insert placeholder signature here*

IC: Out of the corner of her eye, Grotir noted a giant arrow made of sand pointing at the bridge. She smirked slightly. Either the guy doing that was incredibly dumb, or the others he was trying to direct there were. But then again, wasn't as though it was affecting her.She continued to work on the cesti. The metal gloves were coming along nicely, but the forearms still required a bit of work, not to mention that the gloves still required refinement. And even so, she expected herself to continue to knead the metal after she was done with her work right now. These were still crude.

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

Jontan/Stony LeapIC:

Well, that was long enough. The sand collapsed upon the bridge in a heap, just as Jontan arrived. He sat down atop the pile, ready to kill each contender as they arrived. Because he was that evil.

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

IC: Shadowtangle/Toothy BaneBeing atop a mountain, Hexxon could see the giant arrow pointing at the bridge, which then fell apart. It's a sign, definately. Why else would anyone make a pointer to give away their location?''Stony Leap is where we need to go now, Kono. There's no doubt about it. Agreed?'' he asked.

OOC: Missed something from Lev? What? Where?IC: The fragments of ice Rastaque had shattered from the dome flew together in the air, forming a shield in front of Blinding White that blocked the needles. Rastaque had to move to throw his needles, especially when taking time to stay steady, but all Blinding White had to do to move the ice was think. And speed of thought beat speed of arm any day. Rastaque found himself suddenly blinded, victim of the ice-Toa's mask, and now he couldn't the attack coming, Blinding White had the shield fly apart into fragments again, and soar silently through the air at the sightless assassin.The crystal chunk was no problem. The crystal here was no different to any other, it tended to shatter if hit with blunt force. As the people who had been punching crystal with no apparent harm to themselves probably should have realised. And with the chunk simply falling, and hitting the strongest part of the dome, it shattered rather than the ice. They'd have to do better than that

7AOYGDJ.jpg

OOC: No, I'm saying he forgot to respond in the Trian and Felix vs. Suicavel battle.

Rastaque grunted as he was blinded. Thinking fast, he dropped to one knee and swept Blinding White's legs out from under him. Well, he assumed that he would. It was hard to tell, as he was blind. In any case, he jabbed three needles into the ice where he assumed his opponent would fall, then slid back from the dome. Hopefully this blindness wouldn't last long.

OOC: Your last post with the attack looked so much like the one before it I thought they were the same, oh ToDD.IC: Suicavel / Toothy BaneThe shadows on Trian lifted. Howling and screaming and the mental backlash of the Rahi under her control being killed off. The Muaka were all under shadow, and the weak Brakas came flying out, tentacles of shadow impaling them and ripping them apart. At her feet, Trian could see what might have been a Brakas head. She couldn't really tell.Suicavel came forward from the shadows, moving towards her. "So, a Vortixx?" he said. "A mask user, even. Which is obviously Rahi Control, otherwise the Brakas would have been eaten by the Muaka. Of course, this means you have no other powers."His body warped through the shadows, and he appeared behind Trian, attempting to impale her on the edge of his barbed spear.IC: Arillan / Stony LeapArillan sighed, "I know this moron." he said. "Another fool recruited into Patronage."Walking out boldly towards Jontan, he said "I thought for sure those toys out in the desert were going to kill you!" he shouted. "That little lightning toa sure gave you a beating, didn't he!"Chuckling, he continued by saying, "So, you also got poisoned. Well the shame is, you're not in the desert this time, and it would be the easiest thing in the world for me to get that sand away. Not to mention that the Shepherds won't let us fight each other..."Looking forward he said, "How many components do you have, brute?"IC: Levacius / The Griffon II"I don't like secrets and lies. Unless I'm the one who knows them." he replied. "After I and a few others built this ship - no idea where they are now, we were... separated. Anyways, I did a loop around the islands coast. Found the cache with this jetpack set. Had to beat some smelly Skakdi to get it. Wasn't in a mood for fighting, but I ended up fighting him in the Parched Wastes later.""I came around to the south here when I saw that this place was blocked off," he continued. "I didn't think they saw me. Too much to hope. I wanted to see what was going on. All I saw was that ship leaving. I followed it, and... poof! Passed right through the wall.""They bury what they don't what known," he said. "Though why not just send Caretakers after us, is what I want to know."-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

Trian and Felix/Shadowtangle, Fighting SuicavelIC:

Trian had gotten very used to the feeling of severed mental links. That came with the job. Rahi were disposable. Furthermore, she was ready for an attack, and able to hear Suicavel behind her. Thus, she whipped her pitchfork back unwittingly catching the spear between two prongs as she aimed to impale her opponent's chest. Felix, in the meantime, circled around the toa of shadow, wary of any attacks and ready to her his mistress.

Jontan/Stony LeapIC:

Ignoring the taunts, Jontan held up one finger. While showing that he had one part of the elixir, it also happened to be a rude gesture. Insults for insults, and a lava beetle roaring at a muaka.OOC: So yeah, TPtI, would you please clarify everything that the poisoned have? As far as ui can tell, you've only given shavings for one, bula juice for another, and a mixing tool for the third.

IC: Arillan / Stony Leap"You have a lot of nerve," said Arillan, as the winds picked up around him and a powerful gust that nearly knocked Jontan off the edge sent all of his sand down into the gaping chasm below."Now be quiet and wait." he said. "Others should soon be appearing."IC: Suicavel / Toothy BaneSuicavel pulled the spear back and grabbed onto the pitchforks shaft as it came up, pushing it away - Trian would have trouble holding onto it. The weapon out of the way, he hurled a point burst of shadow to send her flying back, all the while spinning as he rushed towards Felix, spear aimed down at the beasts feline maw.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

Trian kept an iron grip on her pitchfork, and thus was pulled out of the line of fire for the most part. however, the blast still grazed her side, causing her to wince. That would have hurt if it hit... In retaliating, she stabbed again, towards Suicavel's neck. Felix also retaliated, stopping the spear with a crushing bite. Not enough to break it, as it was, but maybe enough to bend it. Either way, he now had control of the weapon. Remembering his mistake while fighting Blinding Withe, he decided to just keep his opponent still.

Jontan/Stony LeapIC:

That was funny. Who hadn't said a single word and who wouldn't shut up? And yet the later told the former to do so. Very funny. Barely noticing the fact that a gust of wind had just hit him, he subconsciously brought the sand back up the short distance it had fallen and kept it in the pile under himself.

OOC: ToDD, if you are in the ice dome with BW, it is about to implode.IC: Amalia: Stony Leap:Amalia, forgetting Hexxon, Vertan, and Kono, flew towards the arrow of sand at the Stony Leap. " I'm guessing you three have three potions?" Amalia asked the trio as she landed on the now sandy ground.

IC: Suicavel / Toothy BaneSuicavel vanished, appearing from a shadow just behind Trian. The spear vanished likewise.As there was nothing for Trian to hit, she kept moving forward with her weapon. He thrust the spear towards her back as she moved forward.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

IC: Shadowtangle/Toothy BaneHexxon, Vertan, and Reptak watched as Amalia flew away to Stony Leap... without them.''She left us!'' the Toa of Psionics said angrily, turning to Vertan.Then he noticed something he hadn't before; on Vertan's hand/forearm, his armor was torn. A weapon must have cut it. Pulling out his Kanohi Kiril, Hexxon focused on the ruined metal, reapairing it instantly. He didn''t know why. Maybe it was those Toa morals he ignored that had him do it. It seemed that he had been kind... for the moment.''Then let's follow her!'' Vertan shouted after seeing his armor fixed. Why had the Toa just done that?Bah, it doesn't matter! If I weren't a Toa-hating Skakdi, maybe I'd thank him. But fortunately not. ''Very well,'' Hexxon replied. ''Kono, follow us if you want, because were heading for the jungle who want to enter so badly. Feel free work those teleportation powers at anytime in there. There are plenty of shadows to use.''He, along with Vertan and the cloud of Reptak, rushed into the giant forest, on their way to Stony Leap.

IC: Unable to react to the ice shards coming at him, Rastaque got hit in the torso by the sharp fragments. They struck with enough force to send him skittering back along the icy floor, ruining his kick and his aim. The implosion of the dome caught Blinding White off-guard for a moment, but the problem with Umaroth's plan was that the dome wasn't crystal. It was ice. Blinding White just absorbed it back into himself. He launched a trio of icicles at the gravity-controller, which he fully expected to be shattered by increased weight, or sent flying aside by decreased weight. Which is why they were just distractions. The real threat was the icicle appearing behind Umaroth, lunging to impale him through the back

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC: ShadowtangleThe Toa and two Skakdi ran through the great jungle. Vertan found himself having to kill a few hungry Rahi on the way, enjoying every moment of it.We're almost there, he thought. And once we are cured, I have a little surprises for some people. Hexxon, of course, heard the ideas in Vertan head, nut ignored them. If he was planning to kill him, he was sadly wrong. He couldn't be defeated by a Skakdi like him.OOC: Next post brings them to Stony Leap.

However, Rastaque had done something to avoid the ice. The most obvious thing. He had dropped low, thus why he had aimed to sweep Blinding White's legs and he had been able to jab the needles in the ice. However, one had caught his forehead. Good thing he had a mask on his face. That would've hurt... His vision was now for the most part clear. Squinting to lessen any damage that might come again in the same way, he aimed two more needles at the common locations at which he aimed. The catch was that the three needle he had placed also flew out of the ice, intending to fly up through Blinding White's body and out his neck.

Teleportation. Predictable. What Suicavel likely hadn't predicted was that a muaka would come out of the shadows, intending to tear his throat from its place. This left Trian with the problem of being about to stab Felix. Easy enough to avoid, however, as the muaka sidestepped. The vortixx recovered and swung herself to a perch on his back.

IC/Kinika/Near GrotirThe Matoran's eyes scanned the area around him. He really didn't have anything else to do. Grotir was making a weapon, someone had created a stone arrow... Not much else going on.Then he remembered. He pulled out the projector. It was a small, circular object. If he held it in the palm of his hand, he could get his fingers around it. It curved up where the hologram played, another circular area giving off the picture. Retrieving his pocket knife, he fiddled around with it, poking it a bit. It replayed its message, the strange mask there again. He flipped it over, noticing a small button. He clicked it, to no effect. Opening the bottom, there was a clamp on one of the cords. It seemed to suppress something from happening.Flipping open the small blade, he cut the clap off. Sealing it back up, he clicks the button. Aparrently, other images were programmed on it. A very basic map of the island came up. Another click, a compass. Once more, the time. This could be useful...

Edited by The King of No Isles

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

OOC: Ah, I thought that might be the case. I'll work on that on this post.IC: Zeus & Hades / Fightin Blinding White Hades' tendrils did no damage to the dome, and they slithered around it, waiting for a opening. When the dome imploded, however is a different story. The tendrils once again went for Blinding white, but this time, they were covered in barbs, so they had theability to grab like a octopus's arm.

pNNgXax.jpg

IC: Umaroth: Shimmering Maze:However, Umaroth left the field of gravity around himself. The icicles that were coming straight at him merely fell to the ground. Umaroth hadn't known of the icicle behind him, and heard a clang of heavy ice shattering. He then forced Blinding White into the air, slamming against the crystal.IC: Doru Araeba: Shadowtangle:"Then we must be off, Myr, to the Toothy Bane!" Doru Araeba yelled heroicly.

Edited by Rakata

IC: Arillan / Stony LeapArillans eagle eyes spotted a figure flying towards them. "Heads up!" he called. "We've got one. Perhaps more following."IC: Suicavel / Toothy Bane"Pathetic," hissed Suicavel, creating a wall of shadow with a thought. The muaka collided against it, and stumbled back in a daze. Absorbing the shadow into his hand, he sent out thousands of bolts, each one striking the muaka.Its own shadow writhed up to finish the job.He turned back to Trian, and focused the Avsa once more, trying to drain her life.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

IC: Grotir kept on working. "Either they've got part of the antidote or want to share, or we four can take care of them."She felt the four present would be enough for one enemy and possibly more. She was excellent at fighting; that other guy with the cloak seemed pretty good so far; the guy with the sand seemed...Well, pretty darn powerful if he could seriously toss that much of his element around with ease; and the matoran was great for a surprise. They could take pretty much any lone foe as a snack and eat the others for dinner.The warrior slipped on one cestus, testing it. Hm...The straps are little small. The hybrid took it back off and worked the metal again.Then she heard the flying one call. "What's it to you?," asked Grotir matter-of-factly, not even looking up from her work.

Edited by The Fearless Leader

[Profiles]

IC: Stony LeapHexxon and Vertan could be seen emerging from the forest first. Even before he came out, the Toa of Psionics could sense the minds of the assembled. Yes, one was familiar... Arillan, who had participated in the batlle against Team Patronage. A quick mental scan of his mind - and the others - revealed that him and the sand character here had taken the place of Aderyn and Talpid.How... interesting. A team of Toa and one Skakdi. This should be fun to watch. Oh, and they all have a cache. Good...He could feel the anger in Vertan before he displayed it. ''You're here, too?'' he said, pointing at Arillan.''Enough!'' Hexxon ordered. ''We're here to make a potion and get cured.... And nobody should be thinking that they'll steal that antidote before my friends and I are cured, because I'll know.''''Right,'' the red Skakdi said, calming down. There wold be time to deal with everyone later. ''Looks like the two of us need to be cured first.'' he gestured with a claw to himself and Arillan.''Actually,'' Hexxon said, ''him too.'' he pointed at Jontan. ''Then it's us.''''What?! Another Toa!'' Vertan shouted, but forced himself to stay calm. ''Alright, fine. How should we start? Is there a mixing tool or bowl for this stuff?''

IC: "Actually," Grotir said, smirking as she continued to knead, "We should all be cured at the same time. We can't have anyone ditching the party and destroying the rest of the antidote before anyone else can have it, now can we? Have a third party make the antidote, then pass it out to equal quantities to each of us and make sure we all have it at the exact same time."She doubted the suggestion would work even if applied-but that was the fun of it. Someone was bound to break such a deadlock. And she wanted to be there if it was.

[Profiles]

IC: Stony Leap''Well, Grotir, I'm sure the Shepherds don't want to lose their special servants to their own poisoning. Maybe we should make a ring, with the tools in the center and each person can walk up to it, put his or her ingredient in, then back away. When it's finished... I'm not sure for that part. I guess we have a little trusting to do.'' Hexxon suggested.

IC: The hybrid smirked again as she worked. "Psionics, I know your game. 'Trust' won't work when you know what we're thinking and can influence that"You've seen my mind; you know I'm not going to cheat because that wouldn't be fun. And you know who does want to cheat. But-," Grotir paused, "We don't. We can't plan for such an event. You can," she emphasized."It's plain and simple:," Grotir argued, slipping a cestus on and inspecting it, "We need a third party." The cestus gleamed dully, a product which would do for now. "We need someone else who can guard against tricks-preferably another Psionics user, to guard against trickery-whom has no obligation to cheat and we can take out in case if they attempt to stop us from receiving our antidote."

[Profiles]

IC: Stony LeapHexxon gave Grotir a toothy smile. ''You're a smart one. But don't go thinking I would 'cheat' in anyway. I don't care about killing you all, I just want my share and to be on my way. I have better things to do than to commit murder.'' But if you want a third party, he said mentally, I have a friend named Kono. He's not infected, and he works well with others. He can make us the cure, if that's what you're saying. Let me see if he followed...

IC: Arillan / Stony LeapArillan sensed the forced mental intrusion - it was barely there, but it was there. He scowled. More psionics....Standing up, he declared, "I have the mixer. As such, I will do the mixing. As for not giving you the antidote, I will take what I need and leave the rest for you to fight over."To both mind readers, no ulterior motives could be detected. Indeed, Arillan would find it much more fun to watch all of the others fighting each other for the antidote.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa: