The Island Of Pain

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

Trian and Felix/Parched Wastes\IC: When Trian was using her full concentration, she was rather commanding. Thus, after only a few seconds of hesitation, the sand screamers together threw mud into the flames and, using the slight flickering of the flames to their advantage, leaped through the fire. Another was burned to ash in the process, but that left nine clawing with all their ferocity at Team Patronage. Soon, the five or so massive sand worms from farther away would be there. Of course, her concentration being put forth fully upon the sand screamers, Trian paid no heed to the fact the something was trying to rip her sphere out of the ground. Felix, however, saw the hand and, figuring that the attackers were responsible, charged forward and straight through the flames, completely forgetting about Sledge and the fact that he was likely climbing on. With a roar and barely any notice to his new burns, the muaka pounced upon the nearest toa.

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

*insert placeholder signature here*

IC: With the ball she was in shaking around, Trian's control wasn't as firm as she thought. Being rattled like a toy in the hands of a child will do that to your concentration. So while the Screamers were now willing to attack, they reacted instinctively to attack their natural prey: Felix. Muaka, Screamers and Aderyn went rolling across the ruins in a ball of fury and mayhem

7AOYGDJ.jpg

Trian and Felix/Parched Wastes\IC:The ball was more stable than it normally would have been, however, due to the multiple supports Sledge had the stroke of genius to attach it to the ground. Yet still, it was slightly off-par, and thus Felix and the sand screamers were tangled up with Aderyn. However, the constantly moving position of said ball of fury and mayhem caused it to quickly include all of the other members of Team Patronage, and soon there were bites, gashes, burns, bumps, and bruises all around. Good for Trian was that Jaxenia's concentration was now severely messed up.Felix didn't even bother removing himself from the fray, instead focusing on trying to snap any toa (unless Sledge was, indeed, part of it) he could in half.

Edited by Toa of Dischordant Dancing

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

OOC: The ground got turned into mud ToD, thats how Talpid could control it n the first place, which means the supports aren't going to be holding the ball anymore ;) IC: "Bad kitty!" Kuy'saz'ra stamped his foot. In the space of an insect's heartbeat a column of stone thicker than two lower caste Steltians rocketed out the floor, slamming into Felix, sending him and the Screamers flying. The initial impact alone was enough to kill two Screamers instantly, and the force of landing when the cluster of Rahi finally hit the ground again would likely finish off the rest of the small Rahi. Who knew what it would do to the larger Muaka.the Team had suffered superficial injuries, mild scrapes and gashes, apart from Aderyn who'd been hit by Felix's initial pounce. The predatory cat had cracked two ribs, and his left arm had been broken after catching the edge of Kuy'saz'ra's hammer-blow

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC: Sledge / Parched WastesSledge left the safety of the orb to see the group, now close enough for combat. He turned towards Aderyn. The only metal he had on him was... maybe a little in the knife. Nothing that he could exploit. But this did prove Patronage was involved. Absorbing any excess armor he wouldn't need, he moved forward, slamming his hammer down to cause a ten square Bio area around him to become a plate of iron on top of the mud, with spikes going through into the ground. Establishing another barricade on top of it, he made a hurling motion with his hammer at Kuy'saz'ra. A replica of the weapon, though smaller and inferior quality, went flying forward in that direction. But that wasn't all. Using his will over iron, he attempted to force the bristles on the toa of stones weapon to explode outwards. OOC: How did you create turrets on the sky castle Darkon. You can't just create a turret with iron powers. If you could make weapons that complex so easily, I would have already done it. Heck, I'm being unrealistic by tampering with my armor. Making a turret would take blueprints, time, and... well, look, you couldn't just make a projectile weapon. Maybe if you used a term like balcony and said there was no weapon it would be ignored, but you're crazy talking here. IC: Suicavel / Stony Leap Suicavel sensed one of his captive audience had left. No.. two. This enraged him. Looking up to the skycastle, he warped up to the shadow cast off by the castle itself. Latching on, he exercised his will to cover the whole thing in darkness. Crawling along the bottom and up to the top, he began warping around until he found Sacoran.He grinned, and used his Avsa, attempting to drain his enemies emotions, leaving him with no hope, no will to fight, no nothing. "How very brave of you to ask me to join. I do not join anybody. I exist only to feed. But your bravery is no longer there...." It was true. Suicavels first goal was to drain out the bravery, courage, etc. of a victim. Made it easier to end them. IC: Irriane / Stony Leap Irriane stirred. The darkness was still there, though with Suicavel no longer focusing on it, it was starting to fade. She stood up. She had been abandoned! How very mean!Looking around, she tried to figure out if there was still any one else near Stony Leap. -Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

-==IC: Kairan/Stoney Leap==- Kairan growled once more, as he couldn't see Suicavel at all; but more or less figured that we was around there somewhere.Where's that shadow-creating creature? Kairan thought, as he glared around the battleground, looking for any sign of Suicavel.

OOC: I assumed he meant turrets as in towers, Levacius, not as in gun-turrets IC: By creating the plating around him, Sledge had wasted time and used up his potential advantage of surprise. As soon as he threw the hammer Jaxenia turned her mask on him, the Eypoxi robbing the air from his lungs. Laelius poured heat and flame into the iron beneath Sledge, turning the attempt at security into a death-trap.Neither of them did anything about the hammer though. Without air Sledge's attempt to control the wires of Kuy'saz'ra's weapon was greatly weakened. They just sort of waved gently like they were caught in a breeze. This enchanted the child-like Toa, so he did nothing to stop the hammer slamming into his shoulder with a sickening pop

Edited by The Power that Is

7AOYGDJ.jpg

OOC: Wow... considering my knowledge of architecture, that's pretty dumb of me. :\ IC: Sledge / Parched Wastes Sledge tried to gasp for breath, and his control was weakened. Making use of all his powers of concentration, he focused on Jaxenias heavy armor. Spikes began to form within it, and extra plates began forming on her neck plates in an attempt to weigh her down. He would have taunted her. But as he was growing faint, and had already fallen to his knees, he was in no position to do so. All he could do was hope he could at least leave her injured if not actually killing her. IC: Arillan / Parched Wastes Arillan stopped abruptly. He had been trying to make his way back to the small oasis he had discovered. Well, at least, other than the fact it was completely destroyed. Shaking his head, he continued on. Coming from behind an old stone monolith at the end of a wall, he saw a number of things. A ball of combat. A few toa fighting. Some armored one on the ground. There was even some kind of farmer, oddly enough. Before anyone saw him, he had turned around the monolith and had his back to the wall."That was team patronage!" he thought. "That must be that wanted toa... he must be pretty good, seeing as he's still alive. Or not. He didn't look that alive." What he didn't realize that he was only ten Bio away from a certain toa of psionics. -Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

OOC: I know that. The running out of air thing didn't give him much of a choice as to where to fall down gasping for breath he just couldn't find. IC: Levacius / West Coast As a favorable wind came, Levacius continued sailing north. IC: Irriane / Stony Leap Irriane looked over to see the odd, wolf like creature that was still there. "What are you?" she asked, not expecting a Rahi to answer, as she approached it. "This doesn't seem like a normal glace for a creature like you to be. Are you one of pets to that one with the rock lion too?"OOC: Did you note the being attacked part, Darkon? -Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

IC: Fatigue, suffocation and the burning metal plate dulled the effects of Sledge's attacks on Jaxenia. The spikes were merely dull studs, uncomfortable rather than deadly, and the collar didn't weigh much compared with what she normally wore. "Talpid, grab him!" The earth Toa finally got the orb entirely free, and sent it rolling away through the dunes. He started running over to Sledge, waiting around the edge of the burning plate to grab him

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC: Sledge / Parched Wastes Sledge managed to put his hand on the ground. He began drawing all of the iron around him, readying himself to release the most deadly force that any toa knew - a nova blast. He felt the elemental energy pooling....But he never got to release it. He slumped to the ground, unconscious from lack of air. The gauntlets golden shield vanished. IC: Arillan / Parched Wastes Arillan stood a distance of about fifty Bio away, hidden perfectly from Team Patronage. Now was his chance! A chance to get into team patronage! He owed Laelius a debt of death - one he intended to collect. As the toa of fire moved forward, he was completely unaware that just outside of his line of sight was a toa of air more corrupt than any of them. None of team patronage were looking the right way; all focused on Sledge or the Rahi. The arrow was released. The kanohi mask - a wonder, but it blocked the very corner of vision. And right behind it was where the arrow was intending to hit. Guided by his powers of air, and one of his very best arrows. Good arrows... so easy to have after he had the Shepherds backing! And then... he would take them out too. -Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

OOC: @ Levacius: You do know Hexxon is standing on the rooftop of a ruin, right? IC: Parched Wastes Now was the time! Sledge was unconscious, and the Earth Toa of Team Patronage was about to grab him. Hexxon threw out Psionic energy of telekinesis at the Nynrah Gauntlet. He was going to snatch it now before it was taken away for good. OOC: So can he get it, or do you want Sledge to keep it?

Edited by Magnus Greel

IC - Nostala - Stony Leap: "No," Nostala said as she moved over to Kairan, removing the Kualsi form her face. "He's not." Grabbing the wolf's face, she removed her Mask of Disguise, disabling the illusion around the Toa of Lightning, before giving his Kualsi back to him and replacing her own Kanohi. "That's better," she said. "Now to find that beast again..."

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

OOC: Depends on if Toa of Dancing can keep that little promise involving sand worms. If Trian and Felix are dead/running away/unconscious and I'm dead/unconscious/being dragged away, that gauntlet is all yours my friend. Let not the GM take your loot! :P And if I'm unconscious, being dragged away, take whatever else you want. I guess I have a mask and a hammer, not that anyone would want the latter. Dang it, OOC only post... need to find something IC to stick here. IC: Levacius / West Coast of Parched Wastes Levacius dropped anchor near the Parched Wastes. The ship could wait here for now. OOC: EDIT: Oh, look, right while... grr! IC: Irriane / Stony Leap "What beast?" she asked. "Is there a beast around here?" -Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

IC: Rynekk - Shadotangle Rynekk collapsed to the ground, gasping for breath. His heart was racketing in his chest, and he was slightly disoriented. He retched a couple of times, before he could get to his feet, looking at the others in turn. All of them seemed to be in one piece, Kairan was back in his original form, Plagia seemed to be okay, not to mention the newcomer who had just arrived. He turned to Greel, 'Who did that?' OOC: Is the group on the side we were on originally, or on the side we wanted to get to? -Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: The arrow sailed straight and true, striking Laelius in the neck. He yelled as he went down, a sign that he was still alive, but he couldn't be healthy after a hit like that. Regrettably for Arillan, this fall put him below the walls of the ruins, concealed from further bowshot With the metal retracted, Talpid darted over the scorched earth and grabbed the unconscious Sledge by the shoulders. Using his Onu-Toa strength he dragged the prone blacksmith back to the ruins. Once Patronage had him, the Caretakers could take him back to his forge

Edited by The Power that Is

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC: Shadowtangle Greel looked over at the stunned Rynekk. ''That monster - Suicavel.'' he spat. He then turned towards the rest of the group with Rocky, beckoning for the Toa to follow. OOC: I believe we're back on the Shadowtangle side.

Edited by Magnus Greel

-==IC: Kairan/Stoney Leap==- Kairan blinked, and then smiled at Nostala."Thanks. Couldn't figure out how to disable that otherwise." Kairan said, and then stood up and stretched for a moment, as he looked to Rynekk."I can think of one person with shadow powers that could do that." Kairan said with a grim look on his face. OOC: Same side we were on. =/

IC: Parched Wastes Hexxon hurried with the telekinesis as Talpid dragged Sledge back to the ruins they were in. He watched as the gauntlet began to slide off his hand again. OOC: Just saw TPTIs' edit. Mustn't lose it yet! :P Just in case Sledge disappears with Patronage before ToD posts. Last post for today, by the way.

Edited by Magnus Greel

IC: Irriane / Stony Leap + Shadowtangle Irriane shrugged. "My 'leader' has been gone for a while. Friend just deserted. Can I tag along with you guys? I'm a healer. I can heal things. Like cuts. And having your leg cut off." IC: Arillan / Parched Wastes Arillan moved past the wall, back behind the monolith. Laelius was down - but not for the count. Aiming his weapon again, he saw the toa of earth who was now carrying the toa of iron away. Since noone had bothered to check the toa of fire, he sought out a new victim. His equipment was only his second quality now, but he still had the aim of a well trained sniper. And no one had bothered to investigate him. The stone toa was down, the fire one was down, the air one was fighting a bunch of - Rahi. He didn't see the ice one. The water one was too well armored to try a sniper kill on. That settled it. The farmer wasn't worth taking out yet. So, Talpid had everything pointed towards him. Or, more appropriately, where his neck would be by the time the arrow hit him. Directly in front of the ruins he was about to enter. IC: Levacius / Parched Wastes Deciding to head off shore in search of food, Levacius had jumped from his ship and made it to shore. He began thinking. The rapier was a nice bounty but... what if he captured that new toa? The shepherds certainly wanted him. But what if he had that toa? Had access to whatever he had. Whatever. Didn't matter to him. Standing up, he went back to his ship. OOC: Who is the most powerful of my characters? Well. Combat wise, Levacius is the most trained. Elementally too. But Arillan could take him out before he ever reacted. Sledge is armored enough that he could take Arillan, however. Irriane could cook him within his plating, however. Suicavel, however, could drain her into a lifeless husk. Levacius has sensory bonuses from his mask, so he could detect where Suicavel was, and take him out before the Avsa had full effect. Suicavel can teleport, but Levacius could always use his own elemental tricks to hit him before he saw it. Wow, hard to say. No RPG character is stronger than all others. Except psionics user, they have like three mask powers mixed into their abilities and always know what you're gonna do. :P EDIT: Well Magnus Greel, if that earth toa isnt dead and Sledge is going into that ruin, it's all yours. -Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

-==IC: Kairan/Stoney Leap==- Kairan inwardly found it kinda surprising the amount of people who were joining up, but he didn't show it, and instead smiled."I have no problem with more people trying to help us." Kairan said with a smile, as he looked at the others to see what their reaction was.

Trian and Felix/Parched Wastes\IC: At this moment, the sand worms arrived. Trian already had set within their simple minds their targets. She barely noticed that she was now rolling away, though something seemed to be messing with her concentration. When the ball collided with a ruin and shattered, she realized that her body might be being attacked. Oh well, the sand worms would take care of anyone that was attacking. Said worms burst from underneath each member of Team Patronage sans Talpid and Blinding White, their many rows of teeth clamping down upon each member of the team. Trian took this moment to pull back and check her body. finding that she was now not even within sight of the battle and bleeding only in a minor fashion (albeit in many places), she diverted focus back to rahi. There seemed to be some magma scorpions battling each other nearby. Figuring the more the merrier, she summoned them. As unstated laws of physics say, cats always land on their feet. Felix, however, was not every cat, and thus came upside down with all his weight from a very high fall right upon Talpid and whatever part of Sledge he was dragging. That would hurt for all three beings involved.

-==IC: Kairan/Stoney Leap==- "No-one; assuming that scoundrel of a Toa you're referring to is that creature we faced earlier; Suicavel." Kairan said, as he then explained the fact that he and Nostala had multiple encounters with him prior to joining up with the groups, and then obviously multiple encounters after."With his shadow powers, I wouldn't doubt he'd be capable of something like that." Kairan said, and then addressed the group as a whole."Did anyone feel anything weird before or after the shadows appeared?" Kairan asked with a frown.

-==IC: Kairan/Stoney Leap==- "Oooh." Kairan said, and smiled sheepishly."Well then I didn't mean you. That 'Suicavel' creature is more than likely behind all this, given that we've had so many problems up to this point..."

IC: As soon as Suicavel started to drain energy, Sacoran sent telepathic messages to the rest of the team. Zodian controled the water in Yawning sunder into a GIGANTIC wave, and sent it all crashing down on Suicavel, breaking his concentration while Ventis shut off his mask.

Edited by Lord Darkon

pNNgXax.jpg

Jontan and Rastaque/Parched Wastes\IC: A few minutes was a long enough time to rest, absorb sand, and prepare a plan for what to do next. Thus, Jontan finished eating a fruit he had grabbed back in Shadowtangle and stood. Rastaque had likely finished absorbing the air in the cave by now, and thus would come out mostly refreshed soon. In the meantime, Jontan polished his newly attained sword and shield, taking extra care to make sure they were in perfect condition. Rastaque stepped out of the cave scarcely minute or so later. He was now wearing his augmented pieces of Oura's armor. Noting the fact that Jontan seemed to barely acknowledge him, he began walking north. His companion followed.

OOC: So, Talpid is still alive and Sledge is going into those ruins... IC: Parched Wastes The Nynrah Gauntlet was pulled off the unconscious Sledge's hand, and his mask as well. The Iron Toa's helmet fell to the ground as both objects flew quickly into Hexxon's outstreched hands, where they vanished from sight once they made contact with him. The Psionics Toa knew that Sledge's possessions flying up to and disappearing on a ruin rooftop would no doubt attract attention and reveal him. To avoid any more trouble with these people, Hexxon's head whirled. He disappeared, teleporting to the farthest place in his sight once more. And when one is standing atop a building, one can see quite far. And once he was there, he used his mask again, and again, until he was far beyond the reach of Patronage, Trian's Rahi, and all the others.

Edited by Magnus Greel

OOC: I assume by sand worms you mean Dune-esque things but smaller since I can't find them on BS01Oh, and you did read just how hard Felix got hit, right? And you think he's just going to land a few feet away? IC: The roll and tumble had clearly addled Trian's mind more than she thought. By forcing the worms to emerge right under Patronage, she'd forced them to burst through a layer of rock. Being squishy, fleshy worms built to pass through nothing worse than sand, this had injured them pretty badly. Not to mention that, as eyeless worms who sensed vibrations, they were effectively blind out of the sand anyway. It didn't take much effort to finish the creatures off. Aderyn took the worst of it, injured as he was, and suffered damage to his leg to go with the rest of his collection of wounds. Jaxenia had to deal with his worm, her barbed whipe shredding into the creature

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC Klax - Island Divide - Talking to Moras: Klax absorbed his metal shell, and activated his mask, standing up and getting around behind Moras in the blink of an eye or two. He drew both his swords, and pointed them at the Toa before him. "What do you want?" he asked in an annoyed tone, staring the Toa down. He glanced back in the direction the Fortress was, and then back to Moras, he was ready to strike at any moment. -Klax

IC - Nostala - Stony Leap: "Well, regardless of who caused it, he seems to be busy with someone else, because I can't see him anywhere," Nostala said (OOC note: To the best of my knowledge... Suicavel seems to be away from the group. If my interpretation of this battle is wrong, tell me, please.) "Regardless, that 'bridge-making' deal gave me an idea. Rynekk, you control iron. Maybe you could try to create another bridge while that monster is occupied."

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

OOC: What the... Dude, Yawning Sunder is way down. Water boy is on the ground. So is Ventis. I never remember them coming up.The castle is in the sky. And how did Laelius fight off his enemy? He had an arrow in his neck. I don't know about you, but arrows in my neck usually keep me from fighting giant sand worms. IC: Sledge / Parched Wastes Away from the flames heat, and with oxygen returning, Sledges eyes flickered open. He was being dragged. He had no mask. It was hard to breathe.His eyes closed once again. Where were they taking him? IC: Suicavel / Sky Castle Suicavel cloaked the area in darkness. Using his shadow powers, he teleported next to his target and slammed into him with enough force to surely knock him right off of the tower in a free fall to the ground below. IC: Irriane / Stony Leap Irriane pointed north, past the fort. "You all wanted to go across. We can go through the fort now! Or use it. Or something. Did I mention I'm a healer? And a toa. But you could tell that. I'm obviously a healer. The toa part though, not everyone knows that." OOC: And it could be trollers, TPTI. Those giant worm things in Po-Metru? Appeared in the book, not the movie. Can eat a whole section of a city. Would make more sense in a Bionicle setting. Oh, I just can't wait for night.... -Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

OOC: He's got an arrow in his neck but he's still a fire Toa. He can still make things go fwoosh. And given how huge trollers are there's no way there'd be multiples of them on the island. Probably not even one. Not to mention any troller attack would be an autohit insta-kill which breaks the rules IC: Jaxenia waved at an Observer that was hovering round the battle, recording it and sending it for display on the giant screen above. She pointed at the slowly reviving Sledge, the cue for Caretakers to arrive and take him back to his hole

7AOYGDJ.jpg