To Save The World!

IC(Fellwyd): The alien thought about this suggestion for a few moments."That may be the best option in the short-term. Working with your League would give me something to do while I am here, and would allow me to learn more about this world."

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC: "Brilliant. We're always happy to have new members," smiled Florarmour.The lift chimed and its doors opened. The three of them walked out into a corridor, though the bustling sounds of people at work could be heard beyond each door that they passed."We do have machines that can automatically register a person to the League, but they assume the person is question is homo sapiens," she continued, "so it'll all have to be done manually. Come on, this way."She entered one of the rooms, rapping on the door as she did so. For a split-second they saw a regular-looking office, filled with filing cabinets, then a lanky young man was suddenly standing before them. Papers rustled as he grinned at them."Alright Florarmour, who're your friends?" The man spoke in what sounded like a hurried manner, but his expression seemed casual."This is Sluice, and this is Fellwyd.""Nice to meet you both. I don't really need an alias 'cause I don't go out on missions but the guys here in the offices call me Whizz Kid. What can I do for you?""Fellwyd is an extraterrestrial that would like to join the League, although he also wants a citizenship et cetera," explained Florarmour. "Total blank slate in terms of civilian identity.""No problem, let me just get the-" A gust of wind hit them, a filing cabinet was suddenly open and the man was sitting in a chair behind his desk, pen in hand. "-forms. Okay Fellwyd I need to ask you some questions. He can understand me right? Okay good. Here we go. Full name? Species? Home planet? Age (in Earth years if possible)? How long have you been living on Earth? Known languages? Preferred environment? Diet? Abilities? Powers?" Whizz Kid somehow managed to cram all those questions into half a minute. Sluice could barely keep track of them all herself; she hoped that Fellwyd could...

Edited by Kumata

OOC: It is worth noting here that Fellwyd's language isn't so much based on Welsh as stolen from it wholesale. 2 d's at the end of a word would therefore be pronounced a bit more f-ish.IC(Fellwyd): The alien stood there looking slightly confused for a minute, and then reached for the device that functioned as his translator, and, after a few presses of a few buttons, it played back the translation at a quarter of the initial speed. Once that was done with, he clipped the translator back in its proper place, and began answering the questions."Full name, Fellwyd Rhyfelwr Caerdydd o Ymerodraeth y Diemawr. Species, Diemawr. Home planet..." Here the alien paused, showing signs of amusement. His home-world, by some strange coincidence, shared its name with the very city he had crashed in. "Caerdydd. Age, approximately ninety-three Earth years. Time on Earth, approximately fourteen months. Known languages, Cymraeg, Welsh, some English. Preferred environment, forest, though cities are acceptable. Diet, omnivorous. Abilities, defined largely by military training. Powers, none that would be considered extraordinary for a Diemawr."OOC: It should also be noted that the name of a Diemawr can change. Were he to come back into contact with his race, Fellwyd's name would change to Fellwyd Rhyfelwr Earth y Dynol. The first word in a name is the personal title, second is career, third is planet, and the rest defines who the planet belongs to.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

OOC: Yes, I was actually reading your blog earlier, as I noticed there was a lot of backstory there for Fellwyd's race that you imported from Starscape to use in this RPG.IC: Whizz Kid filled in the form with each of Fellwyd's answers. "Right. Yes. Okay. Well, should be easy enough to set you up with a nice house somewhere in England. Maybe on the outskirts of a city, so there'd be plenty of woodland in walking distance but not too far that you're waiting ages for us to answer a summons." He turned to a keyboard and for a few minutes clattered away. "Alright then Mr. O'Ymerodraeth-y-Diemawr, the normal people of this planet have mixed reactions towards aliens, some of them can be quite hostile unfortunately, mainly because we've just survived a planet-wide invasion. So we're going to have to come up with a way of concealing-""He can assume a holographic disguise," interjected Florarmour."Oh, great, so you can look like a human when need be. That's good. We need to pick a name for your human disguise, then.""Douglas Smith," Fellwyd answered after the necessary translator-based pause.Whizz Kid picked up another form and began writing. "Now, you want to join the League of Salvation. But do you understand exactly what it is that we do..?"

OOC: Well, if you want to get technical, I kind of imported the Diemawr to Starscape from a little project of my own.IC(Fellwyd): Choosing not to get nit-picky about the parts of his name and when they should and shouldn't be used, Fellwyd went straight to the question."It is my understanding that your purpose is to stop those whose goal it is to cause unnecessary destruction, like the incident in Cardiff bay earlier today."

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC:Plasmafire slammed right into Otherfade, throwing him away from Fade and against the rubble pile. Otherfade pulled a smoke grenade off his belt; the heat radiating off Plasmafire's body was enough to detonate the bomb the second he held it up. A thick gray cloud shrouded the two, and Otherfade slipped away in the confusion. As he staggered further up towards the house above, the debris started to shift. Small pebbles and rocks broke loose, tumbling downwards towards the bottom. The rubble they were standing on had already been unstable, and the fighting was only doing more to damage it...[For Science!]

No one in the world ever gets what they want,

and that is beautiful.

Everybody dies frustrated and sad,

and that is beautiful.

IC: "That's part of it. We basically enforce the law and the general idea of 'good'. It's... a bit of a vague concept to explain to an alien I guess - between us we don't always agree on what constitutes justice - but you'll get the gist of it after a while. We try to let our members work in a way that they're most comfortable with, but we do have a golden rule: we do not kill. Well, we don't kill humans or other similar sentient beings. Even if it seems like it might be for the best. We capture them, detain them, and let our legal system decide how best to punish them. That's how it goes. Any objections to that..?"

IC(Diemawr): "While the idea of not killing enemy combatants is unusual, I will be capable of adapting to this system."Considering that he came from a culture where civilians could be reclassified as soldiers as soon as they attempted to do harm to Diemawr military forces, the idea of not killing the enemy if they struck first wasn't so much unusual as foreign. Of course, if by some happenstance, the enemy happened to be captured in an incapacitated state - like in an escape pod, for example - they would be reclassified as civilians unless they attacked their captors. All it would really take to adapt to this system would be a shifting of the goalposts from "permanently incapacitated or captured" to "presently incapacitated and then captured."

Edited by The Shadows Out of Time

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC: "Top man." Whizz Kid scribbled some more notes onto the second form. "One more question. We're a curious species, we humans. Once our secret services become aware that a new kind of alien has taken up residence on Earth they're going to want to know, well, everything. Literally everything you know about your home planet, species and culture. Would you be against the idea of, at an undetermined point in the future, some official people visiting you at your home and talking to you at length about it all..?"OOC: I figure that would be an inevitable result of an alien settling on Earth, but the actual conversation would probably be incredibly boring to roleplay so you could just continuously postpone it or say it happened offscreen at some point.

Edited by Kumata

IC(Fellwyd): "Given the relative improbability of the Diemawr fleet ever coming in contact with this planet, I have no sufficient reason to withhold even military information"Really, he thought, there wouldn't be any point in withholding the information even if the fleet was practically knocking on Earth's door. Given the technological differences, and the relative sizes of Earth militaries and the Diemawr navy, a war between the two would have only one possible result.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC: Whizz Kid tapped at the keyboard again, asked Fellwyd to pose for a photograph, took an ink print of each of the alien's fingers, then vanished in a burst of superspeed. He was gone for a few minutes. When he returned, he presented Fellwyd with a small rectangular piece of plastic."Welcome to the League of Salvation," Whizz Kid smiled. "This is your League ID, it proves that you're one of us. It can also function as a passport and a credit card but you'll find out what those are in due time. The League is going to accept you on a trial basis. If you perform up to standard we'll consider you a true member." He held up a small bundle of forms. "This is all the paperwork pertaining to 'Douglas Smith' and the house you now live in. It's not yours, it belongs to another League member who rents out houses for a living, but he's letting you live there for free. You can keep hold of it or I'll have it sent to your house later on. I guess we should give you a map so you can figure out where your house is? Well, that's past the paperwork stage, so my job here is done. You need to join up with a League member so that they can show you the ropes, teach you things about human culture, and so on.""Well, I wouldn't mind being that member, if that's alright with you," Sluice said to Fellwyd. "I mean I have sort of been doing that anyway..."OOC: So to recap - Fellwyd now has an official citizenship in the form of 'Douglas Smith', though important official bodies like the government would have some kind of records explaining that Mr. Smith is actually an alien. He also has a house, the appearance/location of which is yours to decide.

Edited by Kumata

OOC: I'll decide on the house later.IC(Fellwyd): "I have no objections to this arrangement."In truth, coming up with another arrangement would probably be a bit too inconvenient for everyone involved, so it was best to just go with the most sensibly expedient arrangement.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC: Sluice smiled. In the back of her mind she thought that Photon would probably tease her for befriending another homeless alien. But she was far too good-natured to refuse help to one who needed it."That's great," said Florarmour. The three of them left Whizz Kid (who had already become engrossed in some other paperwork) and returned to the corridor. "Is there anything more either of you need, whilst you're here?""Honestly, I could do with a spot of lunch. I've been in two battles today and haven't eaten anything since," said Sluice. "Is the cafeteria in the same place as before?""Yep. If you're alright getting to it then I'm going to head off. A hero's work is never done, and all that jazz. Bye now."Florarmour left them as they entered the lift. Sluice chose their floor and they slid smoothly downwards. She led Fellwyd to the cafeteria; it was of the standard sort, filled with long tables, the sound of chatter and the succulent scent of food. There were dozens of heroes sat lunching at the tables, some in costume, some not. Sluice gazed over them briefly but didn't notice anybody she knew."This way Fellwyd. This is a pretty good example of the kind of food we eat on Earth." She led the alien towards the row of servers, handing him a tray. "Just move along in that direction, and point to the things you want. The cooks will give it to you." She went first, so that Fellwyd could observe how it was done...

IC(Fellwyd): The alien stood still with his tray for a moment, sniffing the air. Catching a familiar scent, he moved quickly down the line, reaching the source of the smell rather quickly, Fellwyd pointed out what appeared to be fried fish, which was quickly placed on the tray. Catching another scent, he moved to a different spot on the line.After a few minutes, the results of his first experience with a buffet-style cafeteria became apparent. On the tray, the alien held fried fish, mashed potatoes, fried potatoes which he'd heard referred to as chips, a bit of chicken, some carrots, and different chicken. For a drink, he appeared to have mixed several types of fruit juice together - in fact, he'd considered adding chocolate milk to the mix, but decided that it probably wasn't similar enough to the rest of the drink to work.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC: "Awwww ######!" Plasmafire cried as he felt the rubble shift. He leapt off the pile of rubble, trying to get as much weight off of it as possible. The last thing they needed was to bring the entire house down on top of them.IC: Magneta crossed her arms as the lift started moving, still muttering to herself. Well, if nobody liked a superhero walkking into their office, then maybe a superhero wouldn't. Maybe a news reporter would be better. She subtly activated her powers, activating small mettalic threads in her supersuit. A magnetic feild around her body inverted, and the threads shifted, falling back in with the regular threads in her clothing. Just a few seconds later, her purple supersuit was gone, replaced by a respectable suit. "Maybe this'll get us farther in our investigation, huh?"IC: Negafire had gone back to his book long ago, but that had faded after a bit. Now, he was sleeping. Probably something that he shouldn't do, but hey, the prisoner was asleep, why not him?OOC: Quick little throwaway IC with Negafire, but hey, it opens up possibilities for interaction, either by Coalition members finding him asleep, or even in dreamland. :)

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodies? Your grace."

"I know that one. 'Who watches the Watchmen?' Me, Mr. Pessimal."

"Ah, but who watches you, your grace?"

"I do that too. All the time."

If anyone would be interested in co-hosting a Discworld-themed RPG for OTC, please PM me!

IC (Surge): "WHOA!" Surge jumped halfway up the side of the elevator. "Dude. That was freaky." After the initial shock wore off, he became curious. "Okay, I've seen some impressive costume changes, but this one takes the cake." Surge began poking respectfully at her sleeve. "So the super suit is made of a metal mesh, and you have it weave itself into the fabrics of the ordinary suit when of in use? Sweet. Now that you mention it, I'd better hide too." With his control over light energy, he made it bend around himself, rendering him invisible except for his shadow and the depressions his feet were making in the carpet on the floor of the elevator. "Good. Now all I have to do is keep quiet, and make sure no one tries to walk through me, and I should be undetected."

IC: Magneta chuckled a little and nodded. "You're a smart guy. It took me years to figure out the logistics of my costume change. I eventually just outsourced it to the League tailors and let them have a go at it. I'm suprised you picked it up that quick." She nodded aprecietively to where she assumed Surge was, and smiled. "You're pretty good."

If anyone would be interested in co-hosting a Discworld-themed RPG for OTC, please PM me!

IC:Plasmafire was wise to leap for safety, for moments later nearly half the rubble pile came down with a crash. Both Fades were sent flying as debris started raining down; Otherfade struck the ground hard, the sickening crunch of bones breaking could be heard even over the roar of the collapsing debris. Despite this, Otherfade pulled himself back to his feet, twisting his limbs and neck at odd angles to set the bones back into place. Fade fared slightly better on the descent, quickly unfurling his glider cape to slow his descent. It saved him from sharing the fate of Otherfade, one he could not so easily recover from, but Fade still hit the ground hard and tumbled to a stop.He glanced up, just in time to see debris falling in waves from the collapsing slope. Fade scrambled to get away, but a slab of rock came down on his leg, leaving him trapped. He wedged his wristblade underneath the rock, trying to lift it enough to pull himself free, but despite his efforts it was slow going. Unfortunately, it looked like it wasn't going to be enough time before the rockslide of debris came crashing down on top of him. It didn't seem right to Fade, honestly: after all he'd been through, everything he'd survived... and he was about to be done in by a rock.And to make matters worse, he was about to die because he couldn't phase. If he had his powers, this whole problem would have been over in a heartbeat. But he was left without his special abilities, and he didn't even know why. Unfortunately, it didn't look like he'd ever live long enough to find out, since he was about to become a lot flatter in a few seconds. In what might be his last moments, Fade focused in desperation on trying to phase just once more. His powers had broke on him once before, and they'd finally started working eventually; but on the other hand, that had been because he'd overtaxed himself, not... whatever had happened this time. He concentrated as hard as he could, to no avail... and then something he honestly hadn't expected happened.The air around him seemed to sizzle, arcs of orange light swirling in the air around him. As they crackled and flashed, the space around Fade seemed to tear, a crack of flickering light tracing through the air. It tore time and space in two, leaving nothing but an orange-red void where reality ought to be. Fade was sucked through to the other side, the portal flickering shut seconds before a wave of rock came crashing down where he ought to be. When the rockslide settled he was gone, just the faintest crackle of light where Fade ought to have been...[For Science!]

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

IC (Surge): "I'm over here." said Surge, flashing a small light at Magneta. "But thanks. You don't become a boy genius without being able to pick up on things fairly quick. It's saved my invisible hide more than once. Have you ever had to disable an antimatter bomb in less than ten seconds with no prior experience disarming bombs before?"

Edited by King Joe

IC: (NPC-Ethereal)"If that's what you want, I can take you back," Ethereal said with a small sigh. "I'm no good a judging what things here correspond with their real world counterparts, so I can't help you figure out where you are." He held his hand out again, and they repeated the warping action. They were in the same dungeon that they had started in, bare stone walls with shackles hanging from one wall. The door leading out was made of a solid wood, braced with iron bars. It looked even more dark and dismal than before, if that were possible. Perhaps it was merely in comparison to the seemingly magical landscapes they had just visited.Ethereal gestured toward the door. "Ladies first," he said as the door seemed to waver and thin.~Lord Rahl~

IC: Luckily, Omega was still outside, well out of the range of sizzling destruction by... Was that some sort of acid or something? Eh, he was overthinking it. For now he threw out an energy construct - a manacle on the end of a very long chain aiming to grasp at the fleeing supervillain's ankle and drag him back. |H-D|IC: It took several more seconds and a ramp slide off a pile of rubble before Shard remembered a crucial fact: He was made of crystal, which he could levitate mentally. He could fly. Like he did all the time. Wow, he really wasn't very good at this hero game. He stopped in mid-air, turned, quick-fized the shield (more like a patch job - wouldn't really hold up unless he took some time to properly fix it) and grinned. "Okay, round two!" And he charged again, but this time hovering several inches off the ground, propelling himself forward shield-first.*H-D*NPC: "Just remember that impact kills people too. Especially tank-shell-level impacts." He took a quick mental inventory: He had on his person four incendiary grenades, three freezing ones, an EM pulse grenade, two flashbangs, two smokescreens, two clips each of incendiary, cryo, toxic and shock rounds for his pistols, four clips of armor-piercing, several clips of regular bullets plus the tranq darts currently loaded, a wrist-mounted taser and his mask, which aside from protecting his head also offered multiple modes of vision enhancement. Normally he would've also been carrying an assault rifle and some ammo for that, but he'd left it in the trunk. These League types didn't seem to like guns, and it was a tad more obvious than his pistols. Overall, he was decently prepared for an attack, though he would've liked something a bit more specialized for defense, and a better location. But on the bright side, the hallway in front of them was long and clear, making it essentially an ideal killzone (or whatever you call it when aiming to disable). He glanced at Mystic. "We may need to communicate in the thick of combat, ideally without informing the enemy. Mystic, think you can form a psychic link? It'd help us coordinate."(H-D)

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth
Are any of us only saints or sinners

Or is it always Red versus Blue?

IC: "What is it?" Gap knelt down beside Hivemind, immediately spotting the growing stain - it was an obvious contrast against her yellow uniform. Her first thought was that Hivemind had been hit by some chunk of debris, but there were no tears in her clothing. An internal injury, then? Gap also couldn't help thinking what horrible timing this was, but kept up the level and professional demeanour that she was used to. "Hivemind, tell me what's wrong." Gap had had basic medical training, so she was hoping that the injury didn't go beyond a wound that needed patching up.IC: Sluice sat down with Fellwyd at an empty part of a table. She had also chosen the fried fish, alongside some rice and cooked vegetables. Observing Fellwyd's tray she was surprised to see that he'd managed to form a mostly balanced meal. As she started to tuck in she suddenly thought of something, and passed some metal implements over to Fellwyd."Humans use these tools to eat with," she explained. "That one is called a fork, which we use to pick up food, that's a knife, which we use to cut things, and that's a spoon which we use to scoop up small bits of food or liquid." As she spoke, she demonstrated how each piece of cutlery was used.IC(NPC): Dirge, Dread and Impact arrived at a junction in the corridor. After they picked a direction Dirge sent a swell of wind down other other way, to slow any heroes that might have been approaching."There's got to be a lift that leads down to the lower levels," said Dirge as they ran. "We've got to find it."IC(NPC): clinkMeltdown had barely gotten to his feet when he felt something close around his ankle. His gaze followed the energy-manacle, and the long energy chain that trailed from it. He thrust his hand downwards and let loose a stream of plasma. He hoped it'd have some effect on the construct, because shooting plasma was basically all he knew...

Edited by Kumata

IC: (Loadstone)A muffled "Oof!" came from the hallway that Dirge had sent a gust of wind down, and Loadstone tumbled backwards down the hallway. Looked like he'd found the intruders after all. Righting himself, he launched a crackling bolt of electricity at the Coalition members; hardly enough to incapacitate, but enough to stun for a moment or two.IC: (NPC - Impact)"From the reports that I've read, there's are several access points," Impact replied. "But the main one is an elevator shaft in the back of the mansion."~Lord Rahl~

IC: Omega cringed. It wasn't that it hurt, since that was just an energy construct, but it did make it a lot harder to maintain. In fact if it got any worse his head really would hurt from the strain... Still, he interrupted the process by yanking hard on the chain, hopefully tripping the villain up and easing the burden before the construct shattered. |H-D|

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth

IC(NPC): The electric bolt crackled across Dirge's supersuit. And promptly did nothing. Loadstone couldn't have known, but the villain's supersuit was not just for show; it was insulated so as to be fire- and shock-proof. The sound and flash of the electricity was enough to gain Dirge's attention, but he just flung another gale down the corridor and continued running, regardless of whether the bolt had managed to stun his teammates or not. He knew better than to waste time brawling with heroes.IC(NPC): Meltdown toppled backwards. His head hit the floor hard, stunning him momentarily. There was one unfortunate side-effect, however: Meltdown had still been streaming plasma from his hand when he had flipped over, so the white-hot substance now sprayed all over the ceiling. Immediately the surrounding roof and walls caught alight, and from the sizeable hole that had been burned fiery chunks from the upper floor began to rain toward the reeling villain. He was heat-resistant, but not debris-resistant...

Edited by Kumata

IC: Omega's eyes widened. That was not part of the plan. He quickly yanked the chain again, much harder this time, pulling the villain out of harm's way. Some of those chunks looked big and heavy enough to crack bones. With the immediate threat dealt with, he began pulling his opponent back across the ground by reeling in the chain like a fishing line. He did keep it fast enough that the drag should keep him disoriented - villains could be so ungrateful. |H-D|

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth

IC:"Well... ever try and put a jigsaw puzzle together... only you're missing a few pieces... except for the fact that missing those pieces means you're gonna die? ...Okay, that was a horrible metaphor, but I'm dying, so shut up," Hivemind mumbled. "Tornado scattered my storm... it didn't all make it through your portal... tried to pull myself together anyway, but... I came together wrong. Can't do much about it without reforming my swarm... which I can't really do in here. Just gotta try and slow the bleeding for now..."---Of course, Mystic's thoughts began to echo within Ultionis's head. I'm filtering out most of your unconscious thoughts for the sake of privacy, but most of your more important thoughts will still transfer along the mental link. Just try not to think of anything classified, of course...---This time Archmage aimed her staff at the ceiling, cutting a wide gasp through the ceiling with a disintegration beam. Already damaged by the nearby fighting between Omega and Meltdown, chunks of wood and plaster began raining down upon Shard. She hoped it would keep him blinded momentarily to get out of his path... and occupied long enough that should could sneak a shot around his shield. Archmage ducked to the side, firing several disintegration bolts from her staff as she moved.Meanwhile, Dread was struck dead-on by the electric bolt; heavy armor didn't exactly lend itself well to agility. He recovered from the shock quickly, and with an enraged snarl turned his fear-beams on Loadstone, launching twisting bolts of green light down the corridor after him...[For Science!]

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

NPC: Don't worry, I've worked with psychics before, Ultionis replied, then demonstrated this by keeping the 'and against' part off the psychic link. While not exactly common, telepathy was among the least esoteric of known superpowers, so he'd had training to resist it as well as experience working with mental links on previous assignments (his work included superhumans - it wasn't always against them). (H-D)

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth

IC: Skyra"Yes, I'm aware that it could possibly kill them if I'm not careful." Skyra said sounding a bit annoyed. What does he think? That I'm not aware how to use my powers without unwarranted destruction or something? The sound of something failing caught the groups attention. Almost sounded like part of the ceiling up there had fallen. "Mystic, you can still see everything that's going on up there right? What was that?"IC: Dreamcatcher"Okay." Crystal walked toward the door. She had it open with her powers, just for the fun of it. The door swung open on it's own. She walked out into a long winding corridor.

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: If Plasmafire had blinked, he would have missed it. Luckily for him, he had been racing towards Fade through the rubble to try and help him. He'd gotten almost there when it happened. He skidded to a halt and watched, slack-jawed, as Fade seemed to dissapear from existence. "What the--?! Fade!"IC: "Um... No, I can't say I have." Magneta replied, chuckling. "Took down some droids during the invasion though. I tell you, I'm a robot's worst nightmare."

IC:Otherfade caught sight of Fade's mysterious disappearance as well but apparently decided it wasn't worth worrying about, at least unless it happened again. As Plasmafire ran over to the sight of Fade's disappearance Otherfade came running too, ready to drive a wristblade into the back of his neck.---"A few of the infiltrators are doing quite a bit of damage in their fight near the entrance," said Mystic. "The others appear to be searching for access to the lower levels. If there was any doubt they were heading after Aquarius, I feel it's safe to say it's been dispelled by now."You're carrying something potentially dangerous and explosive; perhaps he felt a little caution was wise for all our safety. Try not to take it too personally, Mystic suggested into Skyra's mind, wisely blocking these thoughts from her mental link with Ultionis. Sorry for the intrusion, by the way. When you're in people's minds all day, it's hard not to pick up on things...[For Science!]

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

IC: By pure stroke of luck, Plasmafire had to twist out of the way of a piece of falling debris and caught a glimpse of Otherfade advancing on him. He burst into flame again, flying into the air to avoid getting impaled.

IC: SkyraDon't worry about it, I don't really care if your in mind or not. I trust you and I have nothing to hide. After that being said, or thought, Skyra mental prepared himself to be ready the moment the villains entered the corridor. Skyra would only have one shot at surprising them, though, there was no way he could miss them in this narrow corridor.

Edited by Snelly

IC(Mr. No-One): From his cover in the room off to the side, the CIA agent prepared himself, aiming his gun down the hallway where the intruders would appear if they got this far.I'll aim for their knees, if it makes you feel any better. But, ah, if you really want them alive, you'd better hope they're cooperative. There are only two kneecaps per person, and once those are gone I'll have to go with what I know.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC:Otherfade whipped out what was left of his grappling line as Plasmafire flew upwards, trying to entangle his legs as he shot past. If it worked, either he'd end up grounding the pyrokinetic or end up dragging along after him, both options Plasmafire would probably not enjoy.---The apology had been more for Mystic's own sake than Skyra's. She'd met more than enough people less forgiving of her intrusion than he had been, so she usually wished to keep her intrusion as unnoticed as possible for the most part, and to as much of a minimum as she could manage.I would still advise for a nonlethal takedown, but if it a matter of survival I won't hold it against you, she advised Mr. No-One. Several of the infiltrators are wearing varying kinds of body armor. They can likely handle a bullet or two, but it still ought to hurt them, which is the important part.The League had strict rules regarding killing, and Mystic agreed with them without question. But there was a difference between Ultionis's preferred method of killing - from at least fifty feet away, through the scope of a rifle, without even bothering to give the target the option to surrender or a chance for due process - and simply having no other options. As far as Mystic was concerned it was her duty to protect. Asking a man with no known powers not to use the only weapon at his disposal that could actually hurt these villains was, arguably, more harmful than what these Coalition goons might possibly do.[For Science!]

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

IC(Surge): "I bet you are." said Surge. As the elevator began to ding to a stop, Surge said, "Okay, shutting up now. It's all up to you. Oh, and if you see a floating pencil or something, it's probably me messing with someone. Its hilariously fun."

OOC: Not to steal Kumata's thunder, but now would the perfect time to post a picture of Dread:Dread.pngIC: (Loadstone)Loadstone was ready for the gust of wind, throwing his magnaboard up as a shield in front of him. He was completely unprepared for Dread's attack, however, which snaked its way around the magnaboard to strike him dead on. Before his very eyes, a swarm of spiders, each larger than a tarantula, crawled out of the walls and began scuttling toward him. With a frightened scream, he started swinging his magnaboard around the hallway, squashing spiders everywhere but making no progress. Electricity followed, surging around him to fell the spiders that didn't seem to go away. The Villains quickly left him behind, screaming and fruitlessly hurling his powers around an empty hallway.IC: (NPC - Impact)Impact had been spared the electricity blast by being in the lead, allowing the other two to have absorbed it. He led the Coalition members to a seemingly ordinary door, and nodded to the others. "This should be it," he said, pulling the door open into a spacious room. It seemed like the residents of the mansion were in the process of unpacking - numerous wooden crates stood in stacks around the room.After the other two had filed into the room, Impact shut the door and strode in front of them. "The majority of the Heroes will be below, so be on your guard. And also, you should probably hold onto something." With little other warning, Impact raised a hand toward the center of the room. Wisps of cool blue light appeared around his hand, sucking into an orb in his palm. A curious noise, like an inverse whistling, filled the air to accompany the motion. There was a moment of silence as the whistling stopped, and then the orb burst.THWUUUUMPA concussive wave exploded from Impact's hand, rocking the room with a shockwave that put the earlier crash to shame. Crates shattered before it, wooden chips scattering across the room. The blast hit the far wall, tearing a hole through the wall and putting an enormous dent in the reinforced metal plating beyond it. Sparks flew from the remains of a stack of the crates that had held circuitry. The lights in the room flickered for a moment, and then the whole room lurched. From the reverberation in the floor, the entire room seemed to be descending, though most likely at a faster rate than it was programed to do...OOC: As I recall, this opens up into a lab, from which we head down a series of corridors to Mystic and co.IC: (NPC - Ethereal)Ethereal followed Crystal out into the corridor, looking around. While generally featureless, the corridor darkened into blackness at either end, giving off a rather sinister feel. For a fraction of a second, Crystal sensed another presence nearby, much as she had sensed Ethereal. It was gone before she could even be sure she had felt it, however, making her question whether she had actually felt it or not."Well, which way do we go?" Ethereal asked, peering into the darkness.~Lord Rahl~

IC: DreamcatcherCrystal shook off the feeling of being watched, and looked around. "I have no idea...I've never even seen this place in the real world, they have me blindfolded, probably cause I have hypnotic eyes that induce sleep."Crystal felt the feeling of being watched again. "Well, we-we could go left, or right. I pick.....right." Without warning she started walking a brisk pace to the right, she seemed to be getting quite jittery. The feeling of being watched was growing stronger and stronger. She kept looking behind her with the corners of her eyes.

Edited by Snelly

IC: (NPC - Ethereal)They walked along for a moment, the hallway never seeming to change aside from the passing of doors. The darkness ahead of them gave way to more lengths of hallway, until it seemed as if there were no end to it. Then, finally, they came across a side passage, leading off at a right angle to the hallway they were currently in. A slight wind blew from that direction, carrying the faint smell of decay with it. The feeling of eyes watching them seemed to increase tenfold just by standing in front of that passage, and the darkness behind them started to shift subtly, rippling like sheet of water.A pang of fear struck Crystal, followed by the immediate thought that it was foolish to come back to the base. Right on its heels a different thought bubbled up from her subconscious, and it took her a moment to realize that it wasn't her own. The voice of it was soft, with a rasp to it that sent a shiver down Crystal's spine and a foreign accent that she would probably be unable to pinpoint as Romanian. Come to me. Somehow she knew that it meant going down the side passageway.Ethereal was looking around nervously. He lightly touched Crystal's arm. "M-maybe we should get out of here," he said, his voice quivering.OOC: My appologies for planting thoughts/feelings in your character's head, but when you're working with empathy and powers that involve the subconsious there's really no other way to convey what you're trying to do.~Lord Rahl~

OOC: No worries, I find it completely acceptable in this situation. :)IC: DreamcatcherCrystal thought about leaving like Ethereal suggested. She really wanted to, but something inside her, was it curiosity? No, that was't quite it, she wanted to be brave, courageous, she had to be, she wanted to be League, she wanted to help the world, and she wasn't going to do that by running away. Besides, this was a dream world, she couldn't die here, could she? Crystal knew what she had to do, using her powers, she made a sword appear in her hand, not that she knew how to use a sword, but this was a dream world, if she wanted to be good at using a sword, she could, she could do anything. "I'll-I'll understand if you want to turn back now, but...." She paused, waiting for the words to come to her trembling lips, "This is something I need to do. I won't be able to live with myself if I don't."She pressed onward into the passageway, despite her gut telling her to do otherwise.OOC: This is getting really good.