To Save The World!

IC: Ember cried out as the chair hit him, and he fell to the ground. He turned it into a roll, getting back to his feet and drawing his other sword, slashing quickly in the direction the attack had come from. A thought crossed his mind, that he couldn't see his enemy... But the man still gave off heat. Ember had never tried this before, but figured it was worth a shot. He stood in a defensive position, looking around the room as he tried to sense body heat signatures. If he saw one coming from where his eyes said there was nobody... He'd attack.OOC: Dunno if that would count as a new power for him, so I'm leaving that open ended for TPTI to decide if it's a legal move or not.IC: Magneta chuckled and nodded at Loadstone's question. "You'd be correct. I'm ferrokinetic yes," She demonstrated this by pointing at the magnaboard and shifting the magnetic field slightly, tipping it up. "but I also have control over non-ferrous metals. I can detect and manipulate them. A bit of a... Gift from my father, I guess you could say..." She fell silent for a moment at the mention of her father, then brightened back up. "I like your board, though I prefer to use nearby metals to simply make a second skin over myself and fly that way."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodies? Your grace."

"I know that one. 'Who watches the Watchmen?' Me, Mr. Pessimal."

"Ah, but who watches you, your grace?"

"I do that too. All the time."

If anyone would be interested in co-hosting a Discworld-themed RPG for OTC, please PM me!

IC (Dr. Creation, New York)He’d heard the stories and seen the pictures, but Dr. Creation still could not quite believe how crowded this city was or how far it had come from its former self. The streets were crowded with traffic so much so that his progress had slowed down to a crawl. He could see unfortunate souls starving in the allies even as human leeches in businesses suits walked the sidewalks around them, forcing their eyes away from their fellow humans.This city was a marvel of engineering and a showcase for the worst of humanity. Thousands went to bed without a roof over their heads whilst others went to bed in golden shirts and silken sheets. Creation shook his head; someday he would be able to set this right. But for now, he had to lay the groundwork.

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC

OOC: TPTI, About five days ago I made a profile here, but it was never approved or disapproved...
OOC: Sorry about that. I'm gonna say approved since his sound powers only work on one ear at a timeIC: "And you'd tell them what exactly?" Romulus asked, "I'd say from the way you've approached this you class yourselves as the good guys, maybe not League directly but definitely on their side of the fence. So I don't think you're really in a position to be telling this lot who works for who." He took a slug from his mug, draining it, "If you're going to attempt to intimidate me, could you at least try to be threatening?"

7AOYGDJ.jpg

OOC: TPTI, can I get a judgement call on Negafire's usage of his powers in his last post? I've never used that, though I can see it working. I just want to make sure it's okay.

If anyone would be interested in co-hosting a Discworld-themed RPG for OTC, please PM me!

IC
OOC: TPTI, About five days ago I made a profile here, but it was never approved or disapproved...
OOC: Sorry about that. I'm gonna say approved since his sound powers only work on one ear at a timeIC: "And you'd tell them what exactly?" Romulus asked, "I'd say from the way you've approached this you class yourselves as the good guys, maybe not League directly but definitely on their side of the fence. So I don't think you're really in a position to be telling this lot who works for who." He took a slug from his mug, draining it, "If you're going to attempt to intimidate me, could you at least try to be threatening?"
OOC: Actually, no, he can do it to both. I said that he can also do it on only one ear.But in basic, he's like a toa of sonics, only much weaker. He can only make people hear things, hear sounds better, or hear sounds worse etc, basically control over hearing. Plus, he has sonar. Edited by Zarayna: The Quiet Light

OOC: TPTI, can I get a judgement call on Negafire's usage of his powers in his last post? I've never used that, though I can see it working. I just want to make sure it's okay.
I thought it was okay. Its just manipulating heat in a minor sense after all
Actually, no, he can do it to both. I said that he can also do it on only one ear
Sorry, what are you trying to say here? Your profile says he can only manipulate the hearing of one rather than both ears, which I recognise. You then say he can so it to both ears but can only do it to one ear...what?

7AOYGDJ.jpg

OOC: I believe the meaning is that he has the ability to choose whether he does it to both ears or just one.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

OOC: I read it the same as Mr. Spoon.IC: (Loadstone)"Aw, no, you've got to have the wind in your face," Loadstone said with a smile. "There's nothing in the world like surfing through the air; when we get the call to go, why don't you take a ride with me? You...aaack!"Sugar Rush removed her hand from the back of Loadstone's neck, suppressing a satisfied smirk. Loadstone clapped a hand to where she had touched him and glared up at her. "What was that for?""Boost of energy," Sugar Rush said simply. "You'll thank me for it later." She walked into the center isle and looked around. "If anyone is feeling a little sluggish, I can top off your energy levels for you. It's always helpful to go into battle with an extra little umph."~ Rumpelstiltskin

IC(NPC) - X-Calibur @ League JetOnce Ultionis and Mr. No-One had made their exit X-Calibur turned back to the jet's controls. The door slid shut and the craft took off again."Skyra, get back on that turbulence." He then addressed Magneta and Nil. "I'm flying us over the target destination. Let me know about any metallic structures or computer signals you can sense."IC - Gadgeteer @ The Sinful SaloonRomulus wasn't quite correct. Lone and Saosin were heroes, yes, but Gadgeteer was only pretending to be one. So Romulus' challenge was gladly accepted. Gadgeteer's armoured fist slammed into the centre of the table, splintering it in two and catapulting the villain's empty glass away. In the noise of the argument behind them this went largely unnoticed."I have had a stressful day," he growled. "We are civil people but do not take us for heroes. If you do not wish to cooperate then I will make you my punching bag..."

OOC:

Sorry, what are you trying to say here? Your profile says he can only manipulate the hearing of one rather than both ears, which I recognise. You then say he can so it to both ears but can only do it to one ear...what?
My apologies for any confusing wording... But yeah, Beardy Spoon said it right. He can make his hearing manipulation work on either one ear or two ears (or more in case of someone who happens to have 3+ears.)Edit:
Ah, as in the 'one ear' thing in the profile isn't a limit to his power, just a trick he likes to use?
Yes. Edited by Zarayna: The Quiet Light

OOC: That was my interpretation of it, yes.IC(Mr. No-One): As soon as the plane came in low enough for him to exit, the spy did so, wasting no time exchanging words with his comrades. Finding a patch of mud near the base of a tree, he took a handful of it, and began using it to cover his face. Within a minute or so, he had finished painting his face, and moved into the forest, gun in hand, eyes wide open, and moving slowly to make as little noise as possible.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

OOC: Thanks TPTI!IC: Ember scanned the room with his eyes as well as his heat sensing abilities. A moment went by, but he finally found a discrepancy. A heat signature, shaped like a man where his eyes said there was nobody. He grinned and threw a fireball at the man he assumed was Invis-O. "Gotcha!"IC: Magneta nodded to X-Calibur and set about scanning below them, looking for their target. With most of her attention diverted to that, she leaned over and whispered to Loadstone. "If the offer's still open, I'll take you up on that ride." She said with a wink.OOC: Yes yes, her and Plasmafire. Look, I'm tired of self-shipping my characters, it's slightly pathetic. So I'm ending that, hopefully amicably. Starting fresh.

IC: Magneta didn't even have time to wait for Loadstone's response when she twitched violently, her powers picking up something big. "Whoa... Whoa! Whoawhoawhoa! I got something, big ol' spiral! It's... I think it's underground! Not far from here, that way!" She cried, pointing slightly to the left of the direction the jet was going.

IC: E30E30 watched in the shadows as the two agents slowly moved through the forest. His "camouflage" consisted of the pigments in his skin being tinted such that he was nearly completely unnoticeable next to the foliage. He quickly deduced that neither of them was Epsilon. Their skeletal structures varied to much from his target's. He continued lie in wait.

67tlbk.png

[iC - Mystic] Mystic had been sitting a good distance from the rest of the group, both to improve her focus before the mission, and because she wasn't in much of a mood for small talk. But now that they had reached their destination, she rose from her seat and moved down the aisle towards X-Calibur.""Now that we're in position, I should probably link your minds with our scouts on the ground," she said to him. "I'm not quite sure how you'll handle seeing through their eyes; this isn't something I've had to do before. My best advice to you would be to-"She stopped, a quizzical look on her face. Beneath the surface, her mind was racing into overdrive. As she'd attempted to strengthen the connection with Ultionis and Mr. No-One, she was almost certain she'd picked up a trace of another mind nearby. Mystic began scanning the area around them with her mind, trying to reconnect with that trace of psychic aura. It might be nothing, she might even be mistaken... but as they were heading into hostile territory with no clue what they were up against, Mystic wasn't about to take any chances. Normally she'd be able to zero in on the aura instantly, but projecting herself over this distance was difficult enough already, and scanning even this small area of the forest could take time.[For Science!]

No one in the world ever gets what they want,

and that is beautiful.

Everybody dies frustrated and sad,

and that is beautiful.

NPC: Ultionis was in his element. He had his weapons close to hand, a clear-cut mission and the skills and equipment to do it. He held up a closed fist to indicate 'stop.' Hopefully Mr. No-One knew enough of military silent communication to take the hint. He then pointed to his eyes, followed by the ground, meaning 'watch your step.' The area seemed innocuous enough, but it was strewn with sticks and leaves that would crunch nastily if they weren't careful. Of course he could have used the psychic link, but this would not be the first time an enemy psychic had picked up on that. He did take the risk of sending four words to everyone connected: Radio silence until danger. As a normal human regularly performing operations against superhumans you did not survive by being incautious.(H-D)

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth
Are any of us only saints or sinners

Or is it always Red versus Blue?

IC(NPC) X-Calibur @ League JetX-Calibur pointed to a collection of small screens on the jet's dashboard. "Those are our scanners," he told Nil, although he sounded distracted - he marched over to Magneta right afterward. "Where exactly? I'll steer us there." He grabbed the jet's steering controls and deactivated the autopilot. In his focus he'd completely overlooked Mystic's ominous pause.IC - ForestThe forest that Ultionis, Mr. No-One and E30 traversed through was dark - the tall trees blocked out most light from above - and, once they had gotten away from the clearing, full of awkward terrain such as nettles, pits, and collections of gnarled roots that had to be climbed over. There was also a curious unnatural feature of the landscape: a rather large number of bear traps were scattered about. This was the first of the Coalition's subtle defenses. No-one who didn't suspect Coalition presence in the area would think anything more of them, yet they would be an effective deterrent to any ordinary human wanderers.In the darkness of the branches above, a bird noisily fluttered away.IC - Villains @ The Sinful SaloonInvis-O reappeared with a look of surprise a split-second before the fireball hit. Only it didn't hit, it passed right through - he'd switched to his other power, intangibility. The fireball continued on and ignited a table."What the heck are you doing?" Malleable Man cried angrily at Dragonmouth as he got to his feet, though the latter had turned his attention to the newly-visible Invis-O."Is this the guy?" He said to Negafire, pointing at Invis-O. Invis-O frowned and disappeared again. With his thermal vision Negafire would be able to see him moving towards one of the pool tables."There he is!" Shrieked Metallurge, pointing in completely the wrong direction and struggling to suppress fits of laughter as Dragonmouth wheeled around again."Arscythe, come on," said Gap urgingly. She was aware of the two prisoners who were just lying prone on the floor beside them - they hadn't even been properly bound. If they regained consciousness there could be trouble."Yeah, just a min-""No, we're going now," said Gap firmly.Arscythe let out a long, bored sigh. "Alright, don't whine about it...""Who do you think you're talking to?""I dunno, a girl who thinks she deserves special treatment 'cause of who her father is?"Gap's eyebrows practically fused together. She felt like hitting Arscythe as she'd done to Cobrahood, but a part of her anger-clouded mind urged her to be rational, to be mature about this. She'd just been thinking about how she wanted to prove her worth as a villain independently, so letting the remark get to her would only add merit to it. But just because she wanted to prove herself didn't mean she had to do it with Arscythe."... fine," she said with a smile, "you don't want my help, you won't get it. Have fun transporting the prisoners on your own, and be sure to explain when you fail why you lost the privilege of my company." And with that she walked away...

Edited by Kumata

IC: NilNil nodded. Each screen displayed a different area about the league jet; foliage scrolled across some screens while clouds obscured others. His hand tingled as he laid it across the nearby keypad. The tingling became his focus as he closed his eyes and concentrated...The immediate influx of information would have overwhelmed someone new to technopathy, but Nil was experienced. He refrained from losing himself in the datastream and instead began instructing the ship's scanners to search for various criteria he dictated: high metal content, high electrical charge, patterns in electrical passage... the list continued.That is, until Nil caught another stream of data, one seemingly irrelevant to his search but nonetheless important."There's some wireless computer transmission that's triggering the sensors," Nil said. His voice sounded distant to his own ears; his brain was still immersed in the language of computers. "I can't tell what it is -- it's encrypted in a way our computers can't understand. Give me a minute."Breaking an encryption was tricky business. Finding patterns in the datastream was but the first step; the second step was to find a parallel pattern that formed readable information, and to do so took time.

IC(Mr. No-One): The spy knew enough from the various operations on which he had had to tag along with military personnel - including the operation that had gotten him captured by the Coalition - that he understood the message Ultionis was trying to send, and made the appropriate signal to convey that, before indicating a few of the bear-traps in the area.OOC: It should be noted at this time that I do not know the hand-signals in question here, so vagueness is to be expected.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

[iC - Mystic] She wasn't having luck zeroing in on the psychic signature, so Mystic quickly sent a message to Mr. No-One and Ultionis's minds as discreetly as she could. She might not be certain there was anything there, but it was best to make sure they were aware of the situationI suspect you may not be alone. Have sensed possible presence in woods with you. Do not let it know you're aware of its presence unless forced to confront it. Attempting to hone in on its psychic signature and gather more information. May be nothing; will keep you informed of the situation.---[iC - Fade] Fade instinctively cringed. A few moments passed, and he glanced about in confusion.“...Huh. Not dead yet,” he muttered. “Odd. I was expecting the physical embodiment of winter to have a quicker draw.“Pardon?” asked Frigid. “Any particular reason you think you should be dead?”“Well... last I checked, you’re the living embodiment of endless winter,” said Fade. “Seeing how you usually run things, I ought to be a Fadesicle right now.”“Oh, Bryan... you used to be so smart,” Frigid said. “If I wanted you dead, I would have killed you already...”"Of course. Toy with me a bit first, why don't you?” Fade said. “So... when did you figure out it was me? Was I even through the front door when you figured it out?”“I had my doubts the moment you showed up unexpected, but I’ll admit it; I didn’t know for certain until I saw you bleed,” explained Frigid. “Now... what brings you here, Bryan? Tell me; what’s your plan?”“Frigid... you, or at least your better half, knew me since we were kids,” said Fade. “When have I ever gone into something with a plan?”“No... charging into danger with some foolish idea half-formed in your mind was more your style. So what’s it now?” she asked. “If you’re here to kill me, I’m afraid that’s not really something I can do anymore. Might I propose a better alternative?”“I’d say that’d be unusually helpful of you,” said Fade. “What are you playing at?”“Please, dear, we’ve done this dance before. You know where this is going,” said Frigid. “It’s just a simple offer. Join me.”Fade stopped, sighed, and frowned.“No. Nope. Sorry. That dog just won’t hunt. I’m sure you won your Fade over with a few sweet words and a smile, but I’ve already had this conversation in a different universe,” he said. “Speak of the Otherfade... don’t you already sorta have, y’know, a bit of a thing going on with him? Trying to collect the entire set, are we?”“Well. you’re here right now, you’re wearing his cape, and I haven’t heard from him for hours. I can do the math,” Frigid said. “If you killed him... I don’t know how you managed it. It should be impossible, but we never let us stop that before, did we? But, really.. alive or dead, what’s it matter? How different can one Bryan Steele be from another?”“Trust me, we stopped being the same guy a long time ago,” Fade replied. “Frigid... this is pointless. You’re not the woman I loved; you’re just an crazed, spoiled madwoman who happens to have her face. That’s never going to be enough to make me turn on everything I believe in.”Frigid smirked, then a chuckle escaped her lips. Slowly it grew louder, growing to a mocking cackle.“Really, Bryan? Is that what you keep telling yourself? Is that the only way you can keep going?” she asked. “I might not act like how you remember your precious Jen, but do you know what, Bryan? I have all of her memories. Everything she experienced, everything she ever felt... it’s all in my head.“And when you get down to it, isn’t that all she ever was? Wasn’t she just nothing more than an accumulation of thoughts and feelings? They’re in there somewhere - buried as deep as I can hide them, of course... but they’re there, and that’s what matters. Give yourself an eternity to work with, and you might be able to dig your love back up to the surface... oh, and how lucky for you; one of us just happens to have eternal life in a little needle.“That’s why you’ll always come running back to me, Bryan. As long as I’m around, so is she. And there’s still that glimmer of hope, that little itch in the back of your mind that maybe, just maybe, you’ll be able to save her. And as long as you have that hope, there’s nothing you won’t do to keep it alive.”Frigid leaned in closer and smiled.“So, Bryan? What’s it gonna be?”Fade locked eyes with Frigid, taking hold of her hand.“I... I’d want nothing more than to see Jen again...”SHUNKFrom his other hand sprung one of his wristblades, sinking into Frigid’s chest. She reeled backwards in pain, groaning and choking as she dropped to the floor. She raised an arm, trying to force frost to form, but only a few wisps of cold air formed in her hands. Fade knelt down, looking her in the eye and she gasped for breath on the floor.“But I’m sorry... I won’t betray my mission, or my friends, just for her,” said Fade. “One of your lungs has been punctured and collapsed. Your healing factor will stitch up the damage soon enough, but it’ll take you a minute or two to cough up the blood that’s filling up inside your respiratory system. I... I really wanted to find a more peaceful way to keep you occupied, but I’m afraid it had to come to this.”Fade rose and turned to leave. He ticked down the seconds down in his head; he’d skipped maybe a beat or two during that confrontation, but he’d kept count well enough to know he had less than a minute left. As he reached the end of the room he stopped and looked back where Frigid was lying on the floor, coughing blood and cursing his name.“If... If anything you just said is true... if there’s any trace of Jen left inside you,” he said, “I just want her to know... I’m sorry about what’s going to happen. Really, I am.”And then he was gone, phasing through the wall of solid ice in his path. Fade knew he didn’t have a lot of time left; he continued counting down in his head... Twelve, eleven, ten, nine, eight...---0:07... 0:06... 0:05... 0:04... 0:03... 0:02... 0:01...0:00The explosives Plasmafire and Stella had lined across the walls of Frigid’s tower detonated, plumes of flame and smoke erupting across its massive walls. Compared to the sheer scale of the fortress they might well have been firecrackers, but their placement was very precise. Slight cracks and crevices in the ice were blown wide open, fracturing the framework of the entire structure.Huge chunks of ice were torn loose by the blasts, raining down upon the frozen city below. The cracks spread wider, Frigid’s tower starting to cave inwards on itself under its own sheer weight. Down on the ground, dodging chunks of ice large enough to level entire city blocks, members of the resistance charged into action. Incendiary rounds streaked across the battlefield, quickly turning Frigid’s ice golems to puddles. Sakeme was leading the charge, katana in hand, disposing of frosty attackers with psychic blasts when he wasn’t turning their icy forms against them.Alright, sounds like things are heating up out there,” Fade’s voice crackled in Plasmafire’s ear. “One of those explosions should have blown a pretty big hole at the base of the building. You and Stella get there as fast as possible, meet up with Longshot and the gang and start making your way inside. I’ll meet you guys on my way down.[For Science!]

No one in the world ever gets what they want,

and that is beautiful.

Everybody dies frustrated and sad,

and that is beautiful.

IC (Dr. Creation, New York)He was close now, so very close. Creation wasn’t a fool; once his operation had ended so-called heroes would likely swarm the place. The police…weren’t that much of a problem. The trick would be getting away without killing any of them if it came to that. His target, an obscene structure that jabbed into the city’s skyline, loomed before him. On one of the top floors the meeting was in progress, ten executives from one of the largest corporations on the planet were meeting up there. Likely deciding which native peoples to oppress next in their ruthless quest for yet more profit, little did they know, that even now, as Creation’s semi-truck pulled up beside their monument to greed, that there days were about to end.As soon as the engine had settled, Creation exited the vehicle. He wore what he imagined a typical delivery driver would…which is to say he still looked like something out of the 1800’s, but with a truckers cap on. He entered the ground floor of the building quickly, eyeing the marble floors with disguised hatred. The secretary looked like she was suppressing a fit of laughter, though for the life of him Creation couldn’t imagine why. As soon as he reached the desk he put the clipboard he had been carrying down into its surface. “I am here with a delivery for a Mr. Jeremy Stone…is he here?”The secretary did a double take and eyed the papers on the clip board. Everything seemed to be in order, right down to the date. “Yes, but I’m afraid he’s in a meeting. You’ll have to wait out here.” Creation paused for a moment and produced another paper from his overcoat and handed it to the secretary. Her eyes widened a bit as she skimmed it. “Never…never mind. You can head right on up.”Creation nodded. “First I will need my package.” He produced a small remote control and pressed a combination of buttons on it. Within the truck’s trailer outside, one of his robots came to life. Lifting up the trailers doors before slamming it down again, the robot, ducking to enter through the comparatively small and narrow lobby door, stomped into the center of the room. The secretary, looking like she very much needed a drink, was forced to wonder just why her employer would want such a device. Oh, it functioned sure enough…but it looked so primitive. And robotics had certainly come quite far judging from the cybernetic heroes and villains she’d heard about on the news.Creation had already exited the room, his robot in tow. The elevator, a large specimen designed to hold large deliveries or large crowds of people was shooting up towards the top floor. Soon enough, he would strike yet another blow against the forces of corruption and vice.

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC: Magneta closed her eyes and let her powers take over. She pointed in the direction of the spiral structure, her hand following the path her powers laid out. "That way. It's not far. A couple minutes, tops."IC: Ember followed Invis-O with his gaze, calling out to Dragonmouth. "Stop listening to her! She's pointing you in the wrong direction and laughing at you! He's by the pool table!" N-Ber threw a fireball at the fleeing villain to show Dragonmouth where he was.IC: Plasmafire shouted an affirmative as he tore through the sky. "Now /this/ is podracing!" He cried in an obnoxious high-pitched voice as he dodged falling chunks of ice. Chuckling at his own stupid joke, he landed beside the group gathered outside the hole on Frigid's fortress. "Alright, we got confirmation, let's go!" He cried, dashing into the ruined spire.

Edited by Toa Korkoa: Toa of plasma

IC: (Lone)"And really, im not much of a hero, so beating you up wouldn't be a bad time."

War...war never changes.

We crawl, on our knees for you,
under, a sky no longer blue,
we sweat, all day long for you.

But we sow, seeds to see us though,
cause sometimes dreams just don't come true,
we wait, to reap what we are due.

-Rise Against, Re-Education (through Labor)

OOC: Socrates is still approvedIC: Romulus looked at the two broken halves of the table and sighed. "I hope you've got a tab to stick that on."With a shrug of his shoulders the long greatcoat he'd been wearing slipped off from around his shoulders revealing a costume that was a strange blend of modern materials and Roman fashions. He swung one of his arms, sending the coat flying at the band of assorted semi-heroes, its back and sleeves blinding and tangling them. He kicked the two halves of the table aside and started transforming. Bones creaked as they elongated and warped, skin tore then knitted itself back together, turning red and shiny as it was stretched taught over newly elongated limbs but was quickly lost under coarse hair. The earflaps of his helmet rattled as his jawline popped into a snout. Interestingly, though he appeared more muscled in this wolf-form, he was also skinnier, and actually a bit shorter. It appeared he hadn't gained any mass, it had just been reallocated.A hand with fingers bony enough to be talons even if they weren't now tipped with razor edged fingernail took a swipe at Saosin. Romulus had judged him the lest able to defend himself so was picking him off first to prevent any fight against the others being more difficult than it had to be

Edited by Man with the Hex

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC: The figure landed softly on the sidewalk, the shock absorbent boots he wore making the impact hardly jarring at all. His hands were empty, and his fingers splayed out warily as he moved, hugging the stone wall that ran to the left of the sidewalk. Ahead of him, the street ended. A metal gate topped with barbed wire blocked the entrance to the lot beyond. To each side of it, a tall chain link fence, electrified and also topped with barbed wire ran. Guards patrolled at regular intervals. At the gate, two more stood stationary. Socrates pulled the facemask of his helmet over his face, adjusting the lens in front of his eyes swiftly to simple binoculars. He studied the guards carefully: fully automatic weapons, standard body armor for chest only. Helmet, and lastly a grenade and a gas mask at the belt. Not to difficult. Guessing from the quality of the place, there was little to no chance that the guards’ armor would be shockproof. He switched the lens to normal sight and continued. He had not been spotted, but he took extra precaution as he drew closer. The stone wall broke to allow a driveway through, resuming after it. Crouching on the driveway, Socrates unclasped the handle of his bow from his belt with one hand, reaching over his shoulder to grab the bottom limb with the other. Snapping it on, he did likewise with the other limb, then strung it. He did a swift check of his equipment: bow in full operation, sword in sheaths, armor and sheaths well secured. Helmet strap in place. Lastly he slid an arrow out of his quiver, the distinctive ball-point indicating it was a shock arrow. He missed the days when he used regular arrows; it had been more interesting and challenging. Now all he had to do was hit his opponent. Socrates winced under his mask. The regular days were not a thing he anted to go through in his head yet again. Besides, there was a task ahead. His job was to support, maim, and distract, while another agent infiltrated. With any luck, the person to whom this facility belonged would be in the holding cells of the League soon.The light blue cock feather felt familiar as it brushed against his cloth covered lip. Barely thinking about it, he sighted and released, at the same time as the clock began to tick in his earpiece. He had little time for sniping, so before the first arrow had struck, he was already firing a second. Then a third and finally a fourth. Every shot hit, and each of the patrolling guards in sight crumpled to the ground. Even as the two guards at the gate looked around in confusion, two more arrows struck them. This time however, they were not shocked: the barbs of the arrows latched into their flesh, then the boomerang property of the arrows cut in, dragging both his victims back. Casually he set his bow aside, with his left hand drawing one sword. The two guards had hardly slid to a stop when he went into action, swiftly slicing the helmets off their heads, and stunning them with well placed blows from his pommel. Sheathing his sword, he rifled through their pockets. Security papers, passcards. Good. He just needed to get into the compound right now, or he would be regretfully changing clothes right now. As it was, he simply stuck the needful information into his pocket and picked up his bow. At the last minute he remembered his arrows. Reaching for them, he pressed a button in each that would retract most of the barbs back into the head. Even so, pulling them out did quite a bit of damage. Socrates shrugged; as long as it wasn’t fatal, he didn’t care. Wiping the points quickly on the guards’ clothing, he replaced them in his quiver. Reaching up, he switched the lens of his glasses back to magnifiers. His magnified sight easily picked out the security cameras placed to moniter the gate. It didn’t matter that they picked up the guards falling—he wanted that—but it did matter that they did not pick him up. Almost without thinking, he fired several sabotage arrows. Cameras: out. Silently he moved forwards, a shock arrow already nocked. The sound of marching feet caused him to stop, leaning against a telephone pole that provided the only nearby cover. A squad of guards were marching towards the gate from inside the compound. The gate opened and they marched out, splitting to secure the area. Like magic Socrates’s hands moved, firing arrow after arrow. Guards fell to the ground, convulsed, and were still. The remainder were thrown into confusion, getting behind cover and searching for an enemy. Socrates stepped out from his meager cover, arrow drawn back. With his sight magnified, it was not hard to spot targets: a head her, an arm or potion of the body there. Before any of the guards could get off a single shot, they had joined their comrades. The gate area was deserted once more, and Socrates moved faster, breaking into a jog, another arrow nocked. As he neared the gate he paused, hand brushing the feathers of his remaining arrows. Did he have time for a quiet entrance? By the time in his ear, he didn’t, so he replaced his arrow in the quiver, and withdrew another. Stepping back to a safe distance, he drew back, sighted and fired. The arrow slammed into the gate, latching on magnetically. A second later, the gate exploded. Running softly over the now broken pavement, Socrates tried to ignore the time. He hadn’t taken out the guards in time, and therefore was running short on time. Don’t rush it, he told himself. The buildings inside the compound were set up in a horseshoe formation. Sighting and releasing, Socrates watched for a second as another guard toppled to the ground. Alarms were sounding, and Socrates looked around swiftly: at least one of the buildings would be a barracks, but the question would be to find out which. He got to the relative cover of the first left hand building in seconds. “You’re running low on time, Socks,” the voice of the team tactician sounded in his ear. “We need a diversion; our agent will be spotted in perhaps ten seconds. Get to work!” “I’ll endeavor to do so,” Socrates replied with a mild drawl, nocking an explosive arrow and stepping out from behind cover. One of the buildings on the right’s door was open, and guards were running out: most likely a red alert had been sounded. Socrates shook his head before releasing: this had to be the easiest target ever. The hard part of it was timing and coordination. The explosion shook him back to the current task, and he nodded his head in satisfaction as the barracks door exploded. He hadn’t killed on purpose, but he doubted he’d shed a tear if anyone stuck inside didn’t make it. His hands flew again, and he released four more arrows before stepping behind cover again. Each found a target. Then he nocked a grapnel arrow, his eyes fastened on the roof of the building he was up against. He clipped the reel to his bow and fired, then reeled himself up, On the leeside of the slightly peaked roof, he felt relatively safer as he replaced the arrow, nocking another shock arrow. He could see more guards, all converging on his location. Well not all, probably some were moving to secure the gate area. He sent a few arrows off, stunning several more guards, but the only long term effect that would have would be to let everyone know where he was. I am not outfitted to take on every guard here, he decided. Time to roof-swing. He drew out his grapnel arrow, attaching the reel to his bow and turning it to the fastest setting. Aiming and firing, he was pleased to see that his arrow had latched nicely onto the roof across from him. He started the reeling function and held on for dear life as he fairly flew across the compound to crash to a stop on the roof. Bullets flew about, meaning that some of the guards had seen him. He replaced his arrow and fired off a few more shock arrows. “What’s the mission status?” he asked quietly. “You’re going to have to hang in until our agent is out,” was the reply. “Yeah, how long will that be?” Socrates replied, losing off another arrow. Judging from things, he doubted he could keep this up for much more. “A minute, I’ll start the timer now,” the tactician replied, and Socrates could tell the almost happy tone he spoke it in. “I hate you,” he replied, even as he began running. Bullets were flying faster, barely missing him. The gap between the roof of the next building was about seven feet. An arrow nocked to the bow, he threw himself over the gaps, twisting as he did to look back. The arrow released almost of its own will, sending the first guard to reach the roof off, to fall to the ground and lay still. He hit the roof in a roll, getting to his feet in an instant, the running continued; there was only one more building. He had some lead, but not much, and there was seemingly no escape. The guards were following him on the ground. He nocked his grapnel arrow again, clipping the reel onto his bow again, glad it was on his fastest setting. Then he began to run back the way he came. Even as the guards began to aim at him, Socrates simply threw himself off the building. None of the guards noticed the arrow he fired that vanished into the house beyond the gate. Instead of falling, Socrates was pulled towards it. Of course, by the time he reached the gate, he had almost touched the ground. Reaching out frantically he turned off the reel and released it, stopping a little past the gate. He fired arrow after arrow, taking out the leaders of the pursuit. “Is he out yet??” he yelled into his compiece. “Yes, he is, you can run now,” came the voice, and Socrates knew he wasn’t imagining the sadness therein; he had a feeling that the hate he felt towards this guy was a well reciprocated feeling. Ignoring the guards, he began to run at top speed. “You can pick me up any time you’d like!” he yelled, hoping his foes weren’t gaining. Looking back, he saw they were. Nocking another arrow, he shot down the first two of his pursuers. But even as he was reaching for another arrow, he saw like in some twisted movie the grenade flying towards him. Blast, was his last though as the world exploded around him. An appropriate phrase indeed. Socrates opened his eyes and shook his head, groggily staggering out of the simulation. Next to him, the other two people in it, the agent and the tactician were doing the same. “Well,” the archer began seriously, “we completed the mission at least.” “Every time,” the tactician said with evident pleasure, “we lose you. Every time in that one.” “Yes,” Socrates replied over his shoulder as he left the room, “I know you hate me.”

IC: Saosin (Sinful Saloon, Kansas, USA)"Eaaasy there, Lassie!" Tilian yelled, unable to be heard over the sounds of the carnage; as he jumped back, the bare edge of Romulus' newly elongated fingernail scraped against his hoodie, tearing a large gash through the fabric and revealing the t-shirt underneath. Saosin drew his gun from his back waistband and fired a shot at the villain's paw.And we thought he had super strength...-Teezy

Edited by #firstworldtyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

NPC: Ultionis glanced up at the bird, but shook it off. Anything could have scared off a bird. If the Coalition checked scanners for every raccoon in a forest they'd never get a break. Which, of course, would mean they were doing their actual jobs, but since when did sentries actually watch the monitors all the time? For now, taking Mystic's advice into consideration, he decided to proceed with the same caution he had thus far exercised, i.e. a great deal.(H-D)

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth
Are any of us only saints or sinners

Or is it always Red versus Blue?

IC: (Lone)Lone drew his SMGs very quickly, and to the time to line up a shot on Romulus and not hit Gadgeteer at the same time. it gave enough time for Romulus to tear Saosin's hoodie, but then Lone let the bullets fly.

War...war never changes.

We crawl, on our knees for you,
under, a sky no longer blue,
we sweat, all day long for you.

But we sow, seeds to see us though,
cause sometimes dreams just don't come true,
we wait, to reap what we are due.

-Rise Against, Re-Education (through Labor)

IC: (Loadstone)Magneta felt a low-level magnetic field open up in front of the jet, quickly forming into a grid. Loadstone, head bowed and hand extended, manipulated the field farther and wider, until he jerked back. "I've got a lock on something huge, as well," Loadstone confirmed. "I wouldn't have realized it was a spiral, but enough of it's ferrous that I can sense that something's there. It's a few miles northwest of our current position, right where Magneta's pointing you."Sugar Rush walked quietly over to Skyra and placed her gloved hand on the back of his neck. The aerokinetic felt a sudden jolt run through his spine, like a bolt of electricity. This was followed by a tingling along his arms and neck as the energy was absorbed by his body, relieving some of the stress and tension he had been feeling and replacing it with renewed vigor. Sugar Rush repeated the process with Siren, then looked questioningly around the jet to see if anyone else wanted an energy boost...~ Rumpelstiltskin