• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Danska's Bionicle Builder

kit build avatar

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Danska: Shadow Master

Danska: Shadow Master
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Toa Nuva Defeated

• 12-October 02
  • 3,882 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted May 29 2012 - 07:50 PM

topic_banner.png

So what is it? Unlike many kits, which exist to make comics and similar, this kit's purpose is to virtually build Bionicle figures, piece by piece. Granted, it may not be quite as fun as making them with your own bricks, but you can't get all the bricks in all the colours, can you? With this kit, you can combine parts however you want and make them whatever colour you like! Designing your own characters has never been easier!

Now, the kits!

2015 IS HERE!

2001 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | Phantoka | Mistika | Glatorian | Legends | Stars | Toa Edition

Exo Toa | Makuta | Titans | Order of Mata Nui | Hydraxon | Maxilos | Karda Nui

Archive <-------- folder containing all previous versions of the kits

I am currently working on a version for the 2015 sets. This will, I hope, grow to incorporate many other CCBS pieces, although it is very difficult attempting to recreate parts I do not own (helmets and weapons, mostly). Progress is somewhat slow, however, since I have a full time job, but I'm getting there!

I am also working on updating the colour pallette, since I feel a number of the colours are a bit rubbish and some are entirely redundant. Recolouring whole kits is a fair bit of work, though!

Instructions

I've made some instructional images that will hopefully explain how to use this kit (using Paint). Let me know if they help, if they're completely rubbish and if you have any questions.

The Colour Palette

Preparation 1

Preparation 2

Steps 1-2

Step 3

Steps 4-5

Step 6

Step 7

Tips

Edited by Danska: Shadow Master, Apr 30 2015 - 12:11 PM.

banner.png

Click on them to build them yourself!

#2 Offline Uncle Grandpa

Uncle Grandpa
  • Members
  • Scavenger

• 28-October 09
  • 622 posts
  •  

Posted May 30 2012 - 01:31 PM

Great to see my favorite kit back. I was considering leaving, then this.I could help with the Toa Edition if you want.

HarryLiamLouisNiall

Four boys, One Direction

rip zayn :(

#3 Offline Sycophantic Wizard P~M

Sycophantic Wizard P~M
  • Premier Member
  • Makuta Conquered!

• 08-June 09
  • 576 posts

Posted May 30 2012 - 03:31 PM

HOORAY!I made an XPlode helmet a while back... It's okay I guess...http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Kongu3345/DBB/xplode.bmpIt's a BMP, so I can't embed it, but there you go.

Gil0ivV.jpg

/ Tahu / Kopaka / Onua / Lewa / Pohatu / Gali /

\ Fire \ Ice \ Earth \ Jungle \ Stone \ Water \

/ Lord of Skull Spiders /

#4 Offline Danska: Shadow Master

• Premier Member
  • Toa Nuva Defeated

• 12-October 02
  • 3,882 posts

Posted Jun 08 2012 - 05:22 AM

Great to see my favorite kit back. I was considering leaving, then this.I could help with the Toa Edition if you want.

I certainly have no objection to that. You'll probably manage to get things done much faster than I do. =P

banner.png

#5 Offline Damaracx Caratas Xarian

Damaracx Caratas Xarian
  • Members
  • Emerging Defender of Mata Nui

• 08-November 11
  • 2,034 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 12 2012 - 06:57 PM

Do you require giving credit if you use these?

#6 Offline Danska: Shadow Master

• Premier Member
  • Toa Nuva Defeated

• 12-October 02
  • 3,882 posts

Posted Jun 12 2012 - 10:10 PM

Credit is only required if you're using parts from this kit in another kit or similar. Essentially, any situation where it might otherwise be seen as your own work. If you're just using the kit to build things and then displaying them for whatever purpose then no, it isn't. Credit would of course be nice, but I'm not going to demand it from everyone who decides to use the kit. It's there for people to use and have fun with. :)

banner.png

#7 Offline Durahk

Durahk
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 23-December 14
  • 27 posts

Posted Feb 28 2015 - 08:00 AM

how do you use  it?

-Durahk-

:yinyang:

#8 Offline Toa Onaku

Toa Onaku
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 21-June 07
  • 1,571 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 06 2015 - 06:23 AM

Holy moly, Durahk, that's a big whooping revival if I've ever seen one, but since this is the comics forum, it should be ok. Still, this is a three year old topic, I mean just... wow.

Anyway, if I am to be on topic here, I always did enjoy to tinker around with this kit. Seeing the 2015 toa in Danska's sig... hmmm. Possible update to the kit, Danska?

Edited by Toa Onaku, Mar 06 2015 - 06:26 AM.

Hello! I am

gCpwmgK.png

and these are my links:

Steal the Mask 3               Worldbuilding               S.T.E.P. sprite kit

No more complications              Unleash your imagination!                                                         

My Blog                      Legion of Worlds: Down & Down

Finally I can run a blog!                                          Chapter 4 is out               

#9 Offline Alphuga

Alphuga
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 03-April 15
  • 12 posts

Posted Apr 05 2015 - 09:42 AM

Please Help! How do you use these? I really want to make one!

Alphuga the Ko-Matorann

#10 Offline Prowl Nightwolf

Prowl Nightwolf
  • Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 07-January 15
  • 1,383 posts

Posted Apr 05 2015 - 08:27 PM

What would you like to know? What you will do first is download the image with the desired parts you want. Then open a blank image file then copy and paste the desired parts into that blank file and place them together. It is a trial and error process until you find a design you like. Make sure to only copy the desired parts. If you cut them from their original file then accidently save it the part will be lost and you'll have to re download the original file once more.

I hope this helps you some...

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l: - :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

Onua.pngCO4nEKccbkmxgMZZnilv.pngkGv5ARndJDc9g0AxU6sJ.pngbBVnn25kyuDBt3bjCgJU.PNG
29o0jyq.jpgZoids:Infinite Era RPG. Come join the battle!!

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer Doseki | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

#11 Offline Danska: Shadow Master

• Premier Member
  • Toa Nuva Defeated

• 12-October 02
  • 3,882 posts

Posted Apr 06 2015 - 08:45 AM

I've made some instructions that I hope people will find helpful (I've also put them in the first post).

The Colour Palette

Preparation 1

Preparation 2

Steps 1-2

Step 3

Steps 4-5

Step 6

Step 7

Tips

Let me know if anyone needs any more help, or if the instructions are completely terrible!

banner.png

#12 Offline Liuth

Liuth
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 22-July 14
  • 253 posts

Posted Apr 06 2015 - 10:30 AM

When will the 2015 sprite sheets become ready for release?

BZPRPG  Matoran DJ Spinny (Animated)

Fulmen
Faraki
BIONIFIGHT INFINITE 

Fulmen
The Asylum

Astrapi
Matoran Und Panzer  Matoran DJ Spinny (Animated)

Hisuti

Rise of the Rockets

Jake Weston & Mahiki

#13 Offline Danska: Shadow Master

• Premier Member
  • Toa Nuva Defeated

• 12-October 02
  • 3,882 posts

Posted Apr 06 2015 - 12:48 PM

Well, I was gonna wait until I'd updated the limbs a bit (given them all the option of the angle used by the Protector of Water), and then until I'd finished changing the colour palette of all the old kits, but you know what? Since you asked, I'll drop what I have onto the interwebs. :)

2015 v0.9

banner.png

#14 Offline Liuth

Liuth
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 22-July 14
  • 253 posts

Posted Apr 07 2015 - 08:41 AM

Cool, thanks for putting the sprites online. :)

BZPRPG  Matoran DJ Spinny (Animated)

Fulmen
Faraki
BIONIFIGHT INFINITE 

Fulmen
The Asylum

Astrapi
Matoran Und Panzer  Matoran DJ Spinny (Animated)

Hisuti

Rise of the Rockets

Jake Weston & Mahiki

#15 Offline Calvirick

Calvirick
  • Premier Member
  • Flying Force!

• 18-January 07
  • 2,445 posts

Posted Apr 08 2015 - 01:26 PM

Son of a gun, Danska is back, too?

It's like my whole past is coming back to haunt me again!

HAHA, okay anyway, I like you've stuck with your style almost perfectly! It definitely looks like your work hasn't been aged at all.

Great seeing you back!

banner2.png

^link

#16 Offline Sycophantic Wizard P~M

Sycophantic Wizard P~M
  • Premier Member
  • Makuta Conquered!

• 08-June 09
  • 576 posts

Posted Apr 16 2015 - 04:37 PM

Hey, this old thing!

The 2015 sheet looks great! Good to see you're still working on DBB after all these years, haha.

One thing: I'm not a huge fan of my XPlode helmet any more. I really don't think it deserves a spot among your fantastic sprites, so if you want to remove it, please do.

Gil0ivV.jpg

#17 Offline AidanBionicle1

AidanBionicle1
  • Members
  • Turaga

• 01-March 14
  • 83 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 17 2015 - 05:14 PM

Could I use some sort of program beside MS Paint? Like GIMP?

AidanBionicle1

Other wise known as Toa Imrukii. and, the one who Bears the of Mask of Selective-Reconstitution

#18 Offline Sycophantic Wizard P~M

Sycophantic Wizard P~M
  • Premier Member
  • Makuta Conquered!

• 08-June 09
  • 576 posts

Posted Apr 17 2015 - 07:07 PM

You can use any raster graphics editing program. MS Paint is by far the simplest for this kit, since it doesn't have any bells and whistles that could interfere with a pure sprite, but if you're proficient with GIMP or Photoshop or Fireworks, you can use those too.

Gil0ivV.jpg

#19 Offline Danska: Shadow Master

• Premier Member
  • Toa Nuva Defeated

• 12-October 02
  • 3,882 posts

Posted Apr 19 2015 - 02:52 PM

One thing: I'm not a huge fan of my XPlode helmet any more. I really don't think it deserves a spot among your fantastic sprites, so if you want to remove it, please do.

Now that I'm back with an actual computer, I've taken the helmet down. I'm not certain what the original looks like, but I'll trust your judgement on it.

You should be able to, yes. In fact, I'd strongly recommend finding something other than Paint. I find it incredibly frustrating. I have heard good things about GIMP, so that might be worth a try. I'm considering giving it a go myself.

banner.png

#20 Offline Alphuga

Alphuga
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 03-April 15
  • 12 posts

Posted Apr 26 2015 - 03:22 PM

What would you like to know? What you will do first is download the image with the desired parts you want. Then open a blank image file then copy and paste the desired parts into that blank file and place them together. It is a trial and error process until you find a design you like. Make sure to only copy the desired parts. If you cut them from their original file then accidently save it the part will be lost and you'll have to re download the original file once more.

What program do I use?

I've made some instructions that I hope people will find helpful (I've also put them in the first post).

The Colour Palette
Preparation 1
Preparation 2
Steps 1-2
Step 3
Steps 4-5
Step 6
Step 7
Tips

Let me know if anyone needs any more help, or if the instructions are completely terrible!

The Instructions are perfect and useful! Could you make instructions for GIMP?

P.S: I made my character thanks to your instructions!

Edited by GSR, Apr 26 2015 - 05:41 PM.

Alphuga the Ko-Matorann

#21 Offline Danska: Shadow Master

• Premier Member
  • Toa Nuva Defeated

• 12-October 02
  • 3,882 posts

Posted Apr 27 2015 - 03:17 PM

What program do I use?

The Colour Palette
Preparation 1
Preparation 2
Steps 1-2
Step 3
Steps 4-5
Step 6
Step 7
Tips

I tried getting GIMP to work the other day. After spending ages staring at it while it was 'Querying new Plug-ins", I gave up. The process for using the kit should be basically the same, you just need to work out which tools do the same jobs. You'll need to be able to use

Select

Paste (transparent)

Colour picker

Colour replacer

Rotate

So I've almost finished converting all the kits to the new colour palette. Unfortunately, while working on the Toa Edition and all the Titan kits, one of the tools was set wrong and ended up messing up the colour schemes quite hideously. This has been fixed on all but the Toa Edition, which is a rather hefty job that I'm putting off for the moment. Still, should be done soon! Then I can get back to making new angles for the limbs, to stop the Protectors looking so silly.

banner.png

#22 Offline Alphuga

Alphuga
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 03-April 15
  • 12 posts

Posted Apr 27 2015 - 07:58 PM

What program do I use?

The Colour Palette
Preparation 1
Preparation 2
Steps 1-2
Step 3
Steps 4-5
Step 6
Step 7
Tips

I tried getting GIMP to work the other day. After spending ages staring at it while it was 'Querying new Plug-ins", I gave up. The process for using the kit should be basically the same, you just need to work out which tools do the same jobs. You'll need to be able to use
Select
Paste (transparent)
Colour picker
Colour replacer
Rotate

So I've almost finished converting all the kits to the new colour palette. Unfortunately, while working on the Toa Edition and all the Titan kits, one of the tools was set wrong and ended up messing up the colour schemes quite hideously. This has been fixed on all but the Toa Edition, which is a rather hefty job that I'm putting off for the moment. Still, should be done soon! Then I can get back to making new angles for the limbs, to stop the Protectors looking so silly.

Good luck for the toa edition! I want to use the toa edition for my next character

I LOVE THIS KITS!!! I like the pixel style and the fun to build them! I will use my character for a school presentation! :D

Edited by GSR, May 02 2015 - 04:42 PM.

Alphuga the Ko-Matorann

#23 Offline Danska: Shadow Master

• Premier Member
  • Toa Nuva Defeated

• 12-October 02
  • 3,882 posts

Posted Apr 30 2015 - 11:42 AM

Glad you like them! I hope your presentation goes well!

The Toa Edition is, I hope, now updated to the new colour palette. I'm not 100% sure there aren't any errors, but it's at least mostly fine. :)

banner.png

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users