Danska's Bionicle Builder

Danska: Shadow Master

topic_banner.png

So what is it? Unlike many kits, which exist to make comics and similar, this kit's purpose is to virtually build Bionicle figures, piece by piece. Granted, it may not be quite as fun as making them with your own bricks, but you can't get all the bricks in all the colours, can you? With this kit, you can combine parts however you want and make them whatever colour you like! Designing your own characters has never been easier!

Now, the kits!

Skull villains are go!

2001 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | Phantoka | Mistika | Glatorian | Legends | Stars | Toa Edition

Exo Toa | Makuta | Titans | Order of Mata Nui | Hydraxon | Maxilos | Karda Nui | 2015 Heroes | 2015 Villains

Archive <-------- folder containing all previous versions of the kits

Instructions

I've made some instructional images that will hopefully explain how to use this kit (using Paint). Let me know if they help, if they're completely rubbish and if you have any questions.

The Colour Palette

Preparation 1

Preparation 2

Steps 1-2

Step 3

Steps 4-5

Step 6

Step 7

Tips

Edited by Danska: Shadow Master
  • Upvote 10

Banner 2.png

Click on them to build them yourself!

HOORAY!I made an XPlode helmet a while back... It's okay I guess...http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Kongu3345/DBB/xplode.bmpIt's a BMP, so I can't embed it, but there you go.

banner.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Credit is only required if you're using parts from this kit in another kit or similar. Essentially, any situation where it might otherwise be seen as your own work. If you're just using the kit to build things and then displaying them for whatever purpose then no, it isn't. Credit would of course be nice, but I'm not going to demand it from everyone who decides to use the kit. It's there for people to use and have fun with. :)

Banner 2.png

• 2 years later...

Holy moly, Durahk, that's a big whooping revival if I've ever seen one, but since this is the comics forum, it should be ok. Still, this is a three year old topic, I mean just... wow.

Anyway, if I am to be on topic here, I always did enjoy to tinker around with this kit. Seeing the 2015 toa in Danska's sig... hmmm. Possible update to the kit, Danska?

Edited by Toa Onaku
  • Upvote 1

• 5 weeks later...

Please Help! How do you use these? I really want to make one!

What would you like to know? What you will do first is download the image with the desired parts you want. Then open a blank image file then copy and paste the desired parts into that blank file and place them together. It is a trial and error process until you find a design you like. Make sure to only copy the desired parts. If you cut them from their original file then accidently save it the part will be lost and you'll have to re download the original file once more.

I hope this helps you some...

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

I've made some instructions that I hope people will find helpful (I've also put them in the first post).

The Colour Palette

Preparation 1

Preparation 2

Steps 1-2

Step 3

Steps 4-5

Step 6

Step 7

Tips

Let me know if anyone needs any more help, or if the instructions are completely terrible!

Banner 2.png

Well, I was gonna wait until I'd updated the limbs a bit (given them all the option of the angle used by the Protector of Water), and then until I'd finished changing the colour palette of all the old kits, but you know what? Since you asked, I'll drop what I have onto the interwebs. :)

2015 v0.9

• Upvote 1

Banner 2.png

Son of a gun, Danska is back, too?

It's like my whole past is coming back to haunt me again!

HAHA, okay anyway, I like you've stuck with your style almost perfectly! It definitely looks like your work hasn't been aged at all.

Great seeing you back!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, this old thing!

The 2015 sheet looks great! Good to see you're still working on DBB after all these years, haha.

One thing: I'm not a huge fan of my XPlode helmet any more. I really don't think it deserves a spot among your fantastic sprites, so if you want to remove it, please do.

banner.jpg

Could I use some sort of program beside MS Paint? Like GIMP?

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

You can use any raster graphics editing program. MS Paint is by far the simplest for this kit, since it doesn't have any bells and whistles that could interfere with a pure sprite, but if you're proficient with GIMP or Photoshop or Fireworks, you can use those too.

banner.jpg

One thing: I'm not a huge fan of my XPlode helmet any more. I really don't think it deserves a spot among your fantastic sprites, so if you want to remove it, please do.

Now that I'm back with an actual computer, I've taken the helmet down. I'm not certain what the original looks like, but I'll trust your judgement on it.

You should be able to, yes. In fact, I'd strongly recommend finding something other than Paint. I find it incredibly frustrating. I have heard good things about GIMP, so that might be worth a try. I'm considering giving it a go myself.

Banner 2.png

What would you like to know? What you will do first is download the image with the desired parts you want. Then open a blank image file then copy and paste the desired parts into that blank file and place them together. It is a trial and error process until you find a design you like. Make sure to only copy the desired parts. If you cut them from their original file then accidently save it the part will be lost and you'll have to re download the original file once more.

What program do I use?

I've made some instructions that I hope people will find helpful (I've also put them in the first post).

The Colour Palette

Preparation 1

Preparation 2

Steps 1-2

Step 3

Steps 4-5

Step 6

Step 7

Tips

Let me know if anyone needs any more help, or if the instructions are completely terrible!

The Instructions are perfect and useful! Could you make instructions for GIMP?

P.S: I made my character thanks to your instructions!

Edited by GSR

Making a new account soon. I'll still use this one sometimes tho.

What program do I use?

The Colour Palette

Preparation 1

Preparation 2

Steps 1-2

Step 3

Steps 4-5

Step 6

Step 7

Tips

I tried getting GIMP to work the other day. After spending ages staring at it while it was 'Querying new Plug-ins", I gave up. The process for using the kit should be basically the same, you just need to work out which tools do the same jobs. You'll need to be able to use

Select

Paste (transparent)

Colour picker

Colour replacer

Rotate

So I've almost finished converting all the kits to the new colour palette. Unfortunately, while working on the Toa Edition and all the Titan kits, one of the tools was set wrong and ended up messing up the colour schemes quite hideously. This has been fixed on all but the Toa Edition, which is a rather hefty job that I'm putting off for the moment. Still, should be done soon! Then I can get back to making new angles for the limbs, to stop the Protectors looking so silly.

Banner 2.png

What program do I use?

The Colour Palette

Preparation 1

Preparation 2

Steps 1-2

Step 3

Steps 4-5

Step 6

Step 7

Tips

I tried getting GIMP to work the other day. After spending ages staring at it while it was 'Querying new Plug-ins", I gave up. The process for using the kit should be basically the same, you just need to work out which tools do the same jobs. You'll need to be able to use

Select

Paste (transparent)

Colour picker

Colour replacer

Rotate

So I've almost finished converting all the kits to the new colour palette. Unfortunately, while working on the Toa Edition and all the Titan kits, one of the tools was set wrong and ended up messing up the colour schemes quite hideously. This has been fixed on all but the Toa Edition, which is a rather hefty job that I'm putting off for the moment. Still, should be done soon! Then I can get back to making new angles for the limbs, to stop the Protectors looking so silly.

Good luck for the toa edition! I want to use the toa edition for my next character

I LOVE THIS KITS!!! I like the pixel style and the fun to build them! I will use my character for a school presentation! :D

Edited by GSR

Making a new account soon. I'll still use this one sometimes tho.

• 3 months later...

A heads-up to anyone paying attention, I've finally updated the 2015 kit! I've fixed a few errors, updated all the limbs and added Ekimu, the Mask of Creation and whatever mask it is Skull Grinder wears. Oh, I've also added corrupted and trans versions of all the Toa's masks.

Enjoy!

Banner 2.png

New content indeed! And I think we can agree it's about time!

Another slight addition - I've added Skull Scorpio's mask and solid gold versions of all the masks. :)

I'm currently working on the summer sets, as my avatar and the image (edit: images) below will show.

skull_grinder.pngskull_basher.png

Edited by Danska: Shadow Master

Banner 2.png

• 3 weeks later...

I hope so! I'm working on Skull Slicer and all his annoying flailing limbs right now, then I may attempt Skull Scorpio and LoSS. After that, I want to try and put together a Toa Edition type thing for CCBS. It'll likely be missing a lot of HF stuff (particularly weapons and helmets), but it should make it possible to put together most basic figures, at least!

Progress is rather slow, but the plan is there. All hail the plan!

Banner 2.png

Behold, the slicers of skulls, with limbs and claws and all sorts of things designed entirely to make my life difficult!

skull_slicer.png

And with that, may I present a Brand New Kit!

LoSS and Skull Scorpio are still to go, but I figured I've been hanging onto that long enough. It is at last released into the wild!

Banner 2.png

I wonder how you would manage skopio?

Edited by Toa Imrukii

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

I wonder how you would manage skopio?

Now that's a very good question, and one I doubt I'll be able to answer anytime so-

skull_scorpio.png

Now where did that come from? Well, this is a most strange and fortuitous occurrence. And I suppose the buildable sprite may well have turned up in the kit, too. Wouldn't that be a crazy random happenstance? :)

• Upvote 1

Banner 2.png

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I'd like to know if I'm able to use this sprite kit to make a character someone I know can use for a group picture of some people I know for our group.

Kopaka.png

stone_good.png

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

• 3 months later...