IC:

"No, it is not a party, and judging from the smell of alcohol on your breath you will be of little use here." Abraham replied without even looking at Gemini, listening intently to the words of the three debaters in front of him. Ethical issues, issues that normally he would never even consider. But what if...

No. The King's job was to command his pieces. Ethics could not enter into the equation, not yet.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC:

Brando looked up at James, then Noel and Howard; he clearly had expected more time to try and put some words together for the bad news, but the now fully unarmored marksman had no such luck, and he plopped against the wall, moving into the light; the red spot on his face was gone, so apart from his skin there wasn't a whole lot of color to Brando. Black v-neck that hugged at his muscles, as always, black jeans, black slip on Vans (GQ said they were in season!) Even the tattooed Latin on his right bicep seemed to grow a bit darker, matching his eyes and hair, as he looked down slightly.

"Ares, uh...isn't getting folded into much of anything."

"Now there's a shock," James muttered, clearly bitter about something. Brando looked up at him, but didn't say anything; Noel was obviously more stricken by the news.

"He is..." Noel put her hand over her mouth, tears starting to play at her eyes. Brando could tell that she couldn't believe it, especially after how she had spoken to him last time. Noel had yelled at him and thrown him out. And now...

"Dead? We're not sure," he confirmed gently, popping his hands in his pockets and leaning back. "He was doing his own investigation for SHIELD on what happened with Daken Akihiro. Fury had me patched into the feed secretly, letting me pick up on any intel he got. Ares was just talking one second and then something...well, got him. We got one huge burst of magic, then nothing. I'm sorry."

IC:

"Just because I never took driver's ed doesn't mean I'm not a great driver!" Brooklyn pouted, moving towards the bathroom. "I'm gonna shower, get dressed for the beach, then we can leave."

-Tyler

Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: Gemini"It was only one, if I had more than that, you'd know," he said dryly again, "Look, while I have found you, where did they place my bike on the plan? Hadn't have enough to get it off,"

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

IC:

"You didn't take the classes on how to drive a motorcycle either, Brook. So whichever vehicle we take, I'm going to keep my fingers crossed." The teenager quipped, eyes flaring purple as her pajamas faded away, replaced by a pair of dark jeans and a shirt just a shade lighter than her eyes.

"If I fall asleep again while you shower, I claim no responsibility."

IC:

"God******."

The next sounds anyone heard was a collision, a snapping of metal, and a bang as a punching bag collided with the wall. James' body twisted, as the follow through from the roundhouse kick brought him back around.

The supersoldier's shoulder heaved, half from exhaustion, and half from anger.

IC:"If you didn't put it on the plane yourself, it didn't get there at all. In case you hadn't noticed, there was barely enough room for the people, let alone a motorcycle."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC: GeminiInside the mind of the mutant, he was screaming with fury. Outside however, he kept his composure, "Well there wouldn't happen to be some form of transportation here would there?" Gemini asked,

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

IC:

"There might be a bicycle in the garage. No one has lived here for years, any cars that would have been kept there were moved a long time ago. The staff have yet to be able to get them back here from storage."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

Brooklyn winked as the door closed behind her and locked. About forty five seconds later, the sounds of hot water running down a drain from the shower could be heard from the bedroom. They continued for about twelve minutes before stopping with the high screech of a twisting water knob. There was quiet for another minute or two before Brooklyn walked out, dressed in a black Rolling Stones t-shirt that cut off at her midriff and upper biceps cleanly, black skinny jeans that had their legs below the knee sawed off, and a pair of Pink Floyd Dark Side of the Moon Chuck Taylor's. A black bandana was tied around her wrist, bracelet style. On her other wrist was a Save the Ta-Ta's bracelet.

Brooklyn herself was drying off her long, black hair with a towel, brushing it with her fingers until it was lightly tousled and bubbly looking, but mostly neat; her grin was pearl white and perfect, her skin tone a lightest caramel tan, and her dark mahogany brown eyes were playful and caring.

"Hiya," she said shyly. "Ready to go?"

IC:

"You're done, Captain Nashville," Brando said quietly, pushing himself off the wall with one foot and taking a couple steps towards the clearly exhausted James, who was propped up in Noel's hug tightly.
"No. I'm done when I've gotten strong enough to prevent this from happening ever again, and when I've gotten good enough to take Maximoff down myself."
His muscles shook slightly, and it was clear that even with his superhuman condition, he was being held up by not much more than sheer determination. Noel's grip tightened, but Brando had crossed the room like a panther and gently pried him out of Noel's arms. The senior SHIELD agent held James up by the shoulders and looked at him in the eyes.
"You are strong enough. You just weren't there," he said firmly. "Look at me. No, don't look at the punching bag, look at me, James. If you do this for ten more minutes, you will put yourself in a coma. You know what happens then? You get fed and watered via tubes for weeks like an invalid. What happens then? What might Daken do then on your watch? Come on, James. Think critically for once."
Brando pulled his field partner into a hug, half meant to comfort, half meant to keep him upright.
"Take it easy, tiger. Even the Cap knew his limits."
-Tyler
Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: Gemini"..." He uttered under his breath, "Well, guess I'm taking the bike then," he said as he left, walking down the halls.

IC:

Rebekah, for her part, had taken a seat in the nearest armchair. Since Brooklyn stepped into the other room, she had located her black and gray Nikes, and slipped into them the laces tied so neatly one would think she had obsessed over it. Her eyes, closed when Brooklyn stepped out, snapped open.

It was one of her stranger mannerisms. Where someone else might open their eyes at their leisure, or even left them closed for a while, her's always snapped open, as fast as they possibly could. When one put some thought into it, it made sense. But most people never quite got over the unnerving reaction.

"Of course. I took the liberty of calling up my bank, transferred my "reimbursement" for this month into the bank account Ric made me set up. Strange feeling, having something in there."

"You have any idea where we're headed?"

IC:

"I should have stopped it. I was right there, outside the building. But that false X-Man... I fell for it. He was a distraction all along, and I fell for it."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

"Of course I do," Brooklyn replied, looping her fingers around Rebekah's and pulling her up with the subtle strength of a gymnast. "Surf shop, then beach. Simple as that. You down to take my car?"

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

Rebekah pushed off slightly, working with Brooklyn's tug on her arm to stand in a single, smooth motion. "I didn't actually know you had a car. But yeah, I'm fine with that."

"Unless of course you drive a Prius."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

Brooklyn snickered with a surprising note of wicked glee, leading Rebekah downstairs, through the playroom, and out the door. They came through the doorway and Rebekah found they had stepped onto a driveway: the young Carlisle had plucked a single key from the rack and pressed a button on the chain A guttural, grimy sound revved to life with all the strength of a minotaur: Rebekah jumped back, but Brooklyn merely smirked and pressed a button under the key rack. In answer, the sound of a raising garage door joined the brutal cacophony of the original roar.

When the smoke cleared, Brooklyn and Rebekah were standing about eight feet away from a black, absolutely beastly looking Pagani Zonda, the kind of ultra rare hypercar that made brains explode with a single rev and made radar guns commit Jonestown-style suicide. Brooklyn made a squeak of delight at seeing the car start up and looked at Rebekah.

"Bekah, meet Snuffleupagus," she said cheerily. "Remember. I drive."

-Tyler

Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: GeminiThe man head down the stairs and went off to head for the garage. He hoped that the bicycle was there, otherwise, the bi-elemental mutant would have to walk. He didn't really like that idea much.

IC:

"...""Well. I'm officially envious of a car." Rebekah commented, slipping gleefully into the passenger side seat, and staring in awe at the car's interior. "Brooklyn, you not only have a car, you have the best car I have seen in my living memory."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

"Be ready when it starts to haul," Brooklyn instructed, settling into the driver's seat and popping on the stereo. "I've seen this baby rip off scalps."

Rebekah said something, but Brooklyn shushed her with a rev of the engine: her eyes focused like those of a bird of prey at the end of the driveway as she put the car in gear and slowly, carefully, crawled to the driveway. Rebekah's face went from one of apprehension to curiosity as she looked over at her granny-esque girlfriend, about to say something. Again, she was shushed.

"Yee-haw."

Brooklyn took a right out of the driveway and hauled down the road. This time, she kept her foot away from the brake.

-Tyler

Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

After a moment, apprehension turned to curiosity, and curiosity to exhilaration. The car shot forward with speed that a mutant would envy, she had stopped paying attention to the speedometer when it hit eighty miles per hour.

"This. Is. Awesome."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

Brooklyn, meanwhile, had the car's radio cranked up loud, so that she could hear it over the sound of the Pagani tearing up the road behind her; she had taken the top off so that every ounce of noise from the car bounced into the cabin, blending and consummating with the sounds of the hip-hop station Brooklyn had cranking.

"Look inside of my soul, and you can find gold, and maybe get rich, WHOO!" she cried in reply, taking Rebekah's hand in her own and lifting them in an inverse v into the air.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

Slowly, Rebekah began to grin, a smile growing on her face. She had absolutely no idea what music was playing, she had no idea what type of car she was in, and she had no idea where she was on a map. But she was much happier than she'd been in a long time, and if he could give Brooklyn a hug, she would.

But at the speeds they had reached, that probably would be a bad idea. "Brooklyn, this is great."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC-Erin:

" happens," Erin said. "You made a mistake, something bad happened. It always happens to the best of us, and that's no reason, at all, to be beating yourself up over it. Now you just have to make the best of what you've got left, the same as the rest of us." That said, Erin turned to Brando.

"Alright, Eagle-eyes, what's the good news?"

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC: Adrian looked at the world through new eyes now that his coffee was drained, and the cinnamon bun devoured. All was well in the world, for at least this five minutes.

---

Lounging on a chair in what Israel assumed was the living room, he had no idea what to make of his current situation. Things were pretty darn swanky here, but, like everyone, he was well aware of how this was not going to last long. At all. Even in Israel's mind, Quicksilver had taken it a bit far with killing the president. Not that Israel was against killing the president, but more that he was against killing the leader of such a powerful nation with no backup plan or anywhere near enough of a force to back up such a move.

Things were looking pretty grim.

~Totally like a boomerang. I always come back. Just never when you want me to.~

IC: Howard

"Feeling is mutual Lord Vader." Howard said as he rubbed his head, finally responding after getting over the realisation that Brando was in fact alive. He couldn't help but grin inwardly, the cheeky sharp-shooter had surprised them once again.

The next few minutes of bad news dampened the mood in the room quite a bit. As poorly as Howard and Ares had been getting along, the news of his disappearance and likely death was discouraging.

As Brando berated James for trying to put himself into a coma, Howard's mind was a step ahead of where the conversation currently was going. "Brando...you said there was still some good news? I think now would be a good time to hear it."

IC: Shiloh

"Well, ignoring the morality of blowing up more people just trying to do their job...we might be underestimating our potential pursuers immensely, they could be fully expecting us to have a trap waiting for them. For all we know, they might decide to send in a drone to disarm any potential traps, or just blow this whole place to bits without bothering to see who's inside..."

Shiloh was obviously a bit uncomfortable with the idea of blowing up someone, even if said people were trying to hunt them down. She took care to hide how she felt this as best she could with logic, being as stoic as possible.

"Regardless of whether or not we try to take out their leaders, which I seriously doubt are brave enough to actually come out from the bunkers they usually hide in, we're still going to have to run regardless, I say we focus more on the actual escape plan and forget about elaborate traps. At least until we find somewhere where we can be sure they won't find us."

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC:

"Well, uh...as insensitive as it may sound right now, I found a replacement for Ares," Brando informed them, turning towards the still open door. "Yo, Siegfried!"

IC:

"You look fresher already," Aleksandr commented from across the table, observing Adrian.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: The Asgardian ducked slightly to avoid hitting his head on the doorway, not exactly necessary, but something of a habit by this point in his life. Coming in to stand next to Brando, he crossed his arms comfortably, belying his inner nervousness. "Hello, all. It is nice to meet you."

---

"All thanks to you, good sir." Adrian replied with a grateful nod.

Edited by .:Advent Aeternale:.

IC:

"Everyone, this is Siegfried Thorson," Brando said as Siegfried came up beside him, towering over him by a good inch or two and about sixty five pounds of pure muscle. "In between benching skyscrapers and helping grandmothers across city blocks, Siegfried happens to be the only begotten son of a certain Asgardian we all know and love, which makes him one of us. Everyone make Siegfried feel welcome."

IC:

"Mum always said that helping the less fortunate was the right thing to do," Aleks replied, taking a bite of his own cinnamon bun and sliding over his plate of waffles, complete with strawberry syrup, real strawberries, and copious amounts of whipped cream. "Just be sure to get the temporary enslavement thing in writing in case I ever need a favor."

IC:

"Only the best for the best," Brooklyn replied, kissing Rebekah's hand in lieu of giving her a bearhug as they ripped down a straightaway on El Segundo. "If you think it's good now, it'll only get better. Promise."

-Tyler

Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

For the first time, James allowed himself to lean against the wall, to prevent his legs from buckling. His face was red, a status seldom seen on anyone with the super soldier serum coursing through their veins. "Hey. I'd shake your hand, but that would require crossing the room."

IC:

"If it weren't for the fact that you haven't been wrong yet, I would be inclined to doubt that." Rebekah paused for a moment, violet eyes watching the scenery fly by. "So, how far out are we from our destination? Because at this point, we are far beyond my knowledge of the region's geography."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Howard

"And I'm- well you probably already know...but I'm Howard Stark." Howard said, trying not to sound too full of himself. He gave Siegfried a quick wave. "So, you're the son of the God of Thunder, my father always spoke highly of him, even if he they always argued about what was better, technology or magic...does that mean you got all the lighting and thunder going for you?"

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: Noting the rather exhausted look of the Super Soldier, Siegfried completely understood the lack of want to move. Siegfried simply nodded in understanding, then turned as Noel greeted him as well. He shook her hand warmly, and replied "It is a pleasure to meet you, Miss Rogers."

Turning to Howard, Siegfried replied "To some degree, yes."

Hearing Erin's comment, a grin crossed Siegfried's face. "The might of The Hulk is nothing to sneeze at, to be sure. But it will be a cold day in Hela's court indeed before I ever concede to the idea that he was stronger than my father."

Edited by .:Advent Aeternale:.

IC:"Thor was stronger at baseline, but Banner's whole "I get stronger the angrier I get" thing gave him the potential to become stronger. Plus, you're trying to compare a god to a radioactive green giant. Kind of apples to oranges."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Siegfried chuckled, a deep and honest chuckle. "What fortune that I'm to work alongside such an interesting group. With such interesting, if misguided opinions." He finished with a half joking, half challenging grin.