Mars Rover Gets 10,000 on Cuusoo

The excitement over the Mars Science Laboratory Curiosity Rover has led to yet another Cuusoo Project reaching the 10,000 vote milestone. The Curiosity Rover, recreated using our favorite bricks, has now been moved to the Review stage, and is that much closer to becoming an official LEGO set. You can check out the whole thing on the project's <a href='http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/3431' target='offsite'>Cuusoo page</a>.View the full article

Wow. For once a CUUSOO proposal that I didn't support. :P Either way, this is a great MOC, and if I can, I'll buy it (assuming it becomes a set).

Edited by Meiko

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

Now this is something that deserves to get made. And it harkens back to the original successes in Cuusoo, so I'm really not surprised it won.I'm looking forward to the day it's (hopefully) announced as a set. ^_^~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

It looks pretty cool, is it just me, or does one of the parts in the arm contrast in colour. Seems to be old Dark Grey, instead of dark bley.Hopefully, that won't be the case if it makes it as a set.
It won't. Cuusoo proposals are always modified from their original form to be more practical as sets, in terms of building techniques and part availability. And eliminating the use of a discontinued color would surely be one of the very first changes to take place.I personally think this proposal has a great chance of success, and it will go great with the other science/engineering-based proposals that made it through when LEGO Cuusoo was a Japan-only service. It's no surprise that a proposal this well-planned comes from a person who actually worked on Curiosity in the Jet Propulsion Laboratory. And it's always nice to see proposals that won't have to wrestle with highly-valued licensing agreements. Overall I look forward to seeing how the LEGO designers re-imagine this proposal, and I don't think I'd hesitate to pick this up if/when it turns up in stores!

I sure do hope this becomes a set... I love space related things that actually exist, such as satellites, rockets, rovers, and space telescopes. and I love that this was designed by a person that worked on it, accuracy is prime.And over 7 feet tall! That thing is massive!

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light