Hunted

otter

IC: Skyra - Kra Karda -I scowled, being forced to bow to anyone...or anything for that matter made me boil with anger...but there was literally nothing I could do against this being in my head. I decided that it was best to just get out of here. I began to back away from the scene, making my way back toward the way I came. **** you. I thought at Kar as I began to sprint away from the Suva and toward where I had left Fate.

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: Ghaieden / BuildingThe Vortixx continued his inspection of the building until he came upon a stone of undefined appearance. Picking it up, he asked to no-one in particular, "Is this it?"OOC: Appearance =/= Defined-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

IC-Kar:Kar would have scowled, had he had the ability. This Toa was dangerous, it knew that. But only so long as he held the sword was Skyra dangerous-were he to lose Fury, he would be like any other Toa. Expendable. Destructable. Kar would have smiled, had he had the ability."The stone will be hidden in plain sight," Kar said, suddenly, to Ghaieden. "While that may seem cryptic, it really isn't. Just look for the most normal thing there. Of course, it will be spherical, unlike that one. And somewhat polished."IC-Game Master:"Ah, I see where we are now," the voice said as the heat grew stronger. "Yes...stay within the mists, and you should be safe," the voice told Ketru. "But once you leave them, I cannot be certain. I do not know just what may happen. I do know, however, that the beings which stalk these tunnels are both spawn of the Ul'kar and of the Great Beings. Tread lightly," was the last thing in its message.As Ketru walked, he might notice the shadows within the shadow passages near him shift, slightly. He might notice a barely audible whisper, here and there, which seemed to fill him with dread. He might notice as the mists eddied in front of him, barely, echoing movement, shadows seeming to pass across the path, the mists carrying messages of pain to him, but also messages of anger. And hunger.

Edited by Kal Grochi

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC: FurySo. You are the Ul'Kar. Fury thought at the presence she had sensed in Skyra's mind. You truly are an arrogant piece of work, aren't you? She could feel some kind of... Pull, toward the tunnels. But that could be dealt with later. She had bigger fish to fry.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

OOC: Easier said than done when I don't know what's in the rooms.IC: Ghaieden / BuildingThe Vortixx continued his search from there, looking for anything that matched that description. This might take a while...-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

IC-Kar:Kar watched through Ghaieden's eyes, before he growled slightly."Fifty-three degrees to your right," it said, "And fifteen degrees downwards, and the stone shall be in the centre of your vision. Upon the low lying table approximately ten feet away from your current position." Then it shifted, again, to Fury."And you're a hypocrite," it said simply. "Anything else you care to observe, or shall we end this conversation? You aren't what I need, not yet-otherwise you'd have been broken already."

Edited by Kal Grochi

profiles i guess

IC: KetruThis place was terrifying. Or at least, it would have been terrifying to Takatar. Ketru only felt the slightest twinge of fear as he walked through the tunnels. But that twinge was growing. That didn't matter though. He walked through the ever heating up tunnel. His footsteps light, his sabre at ready, his blank eyes monitoring his surroundings. A look of fear would have been on his face if not for his... condition.OOC: If you're asking why he isn't afraid, it's because I chose to portray his insanity in the form of "robot" syndrome.

IC: Skyra - Just outside Kra Karda -I finally was out of the city, with my enhanced abilities I'd been able to run at an incredibly fast speed, faster than I'd ever run. As I entered the same tunnel I'd entered the city I saw Fate, she'd was lying on the ground, when she heard me enter she perked up and went up to me, tail wagging, she was happy to see me. I sat down next to her and just stroked her fur, my face a bit pale. That...Ul'Kar had invaded my mind, and looked through my memories without permission. This upset me more than anything else. Who knew how much it knew about me now? More than I wanted anyone to ever know that's for sure. I held Fate in my arms tightly, still stroking her fur.

IC: FuryYou know, I truly doubt that. I think you underestimate just how difficult that would be. A lot of people have tried to stamp me out, and some creatures that the term 'people' really doesn't apply to.There is a reason I have been worshipped as a Goddess of War, and a reason one of my most accurate titles is 'Ms. Fire and Blood'.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC-Kar:"And I am not the manner of creature to be afraid of a so-called Goddess," the Ul'kar said. "Nor am I the sort who could be intimidated by a talking sword. I come from a time not even you would understand, spirit, and I have a mind that you would easily become lost in, with no method of escape." The Ul'kar mentally snorted."Now stop wasting my time and kill that foolish Toa you've so unwisely chosen to bear you. Maybe then we could talk."

Edited by Kal Grochi

profiles i guess

IC: FuryOh, I know exactly what time you come from. For the first time, Fury allowed a sense of her age to float across the mental conversation. Until now, she had been hiding the signature of her mind that would have allowed Kar to grasp her age. If I recall correctly, I met your maker once. You would be wise not to test me, creature. And I don't think I will kill my Bearer. Not just yet. For the moment, I rather need him to have any semblance of mobility. And I really don't want to go through the hassle of finding another one. The quality of them just keeps going down.

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC-Kar:"Truly, these Toa seem to get worse every year," the Ul'kar growled. "But I don't think you understand: I am my maker, just as my maker is me. We are one. And so I say again, I come from a time before you. Before these Matoran about, as well. I am many beings, and many beings are me. Would you like to become another?" It gave a mental smile."Or would you like for this bearer of yours to become a part of us? That can easily be arranged."

Edited by Kal Grochi

profiles i guess

IC: FuryI would rather he not become one of you, and I would fight to ensure that not happen. You are, simply put, an abomination. You build yourself up with the minds of those weaker than you, because it is the only way for you to get stronger. I came into being with all the power I need to whether anything you can throw at me. You couldn't assimilate me into yourself if you tried.

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC-Kar:"The end result of a male Mukau's digestive tract does not concern me, or this conversation," the Ul'kar replied, completely nonplussed. "If that is all you have to say, then I shall terminate this correspondence." In an instant, Fury felt the foreign presence leave her mind as quickly as it had left Skyra's.

Edited by Kal Grochi

profiles i guess

OOC: I'm just going to throw in that the Prince from Aloft was older than both y'all. Old magic, and all that. And much, much more powerful. The power of blood would was the tide of Ul'Kar away as a mosquito holding a tiny, burning candle being sprayed with a can of Off.That's my new catchphrase.IC: Ghaieden / BuildingGhaieden did exactly that, and came upon a stone that matched the given description. "This?" he asked.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

IC: Skyra - Tunnels -I stayed slumped on the tunnel while, just petting and holding Fury for a while. My usually well controlled emotions running high. Against the mind of that Ul'kar I'd been weak...helpless...afraid. It infuriated me. Fury had been...oddly silent this whole time as well, but I payed no mind to that fact, she'd speak to me when she felt like it I was sure. I slowly got up...no use just sitting around a dark tunnel all depressed, I decided to head back to the Outpost...

Edited by Overlord Snelly

IC: FuryShame Aclaraung's not around. Fury mused to herself. All these other nigh immortal beings I encounter are arrogant pricks who think they can best everyone around them.She pushed back into Skyra's mind. You okay?

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Fury.............. Oh dear. I really have gone round the bend. She directed part of her attention to Skyra. Huh. Not really sure what to say to that.

Edited by Krayzikk Champion of RPGs

fK5oqYf.jpg

OOC: It's the facial hair, Grochi. If Ul'Kar had an awesome beard, he'd be a lot more powerful. The same applies to Fury, I guess. Though I think she would rock the Dr. Swordopolis look.IC: Ghaieden / BuildingGhaieden stopped. "Seriously? It's that easy? How do I know this stone won't just explode when I destroy it? Why do you want to destroy it, anyways? You're a god, and thus have nothing to fear from mortal weaponry."He picked up the stone, and began looking around the room to see if anything else mentioned it. "I mean, even Makuta didn't fear the simple tools the Toa created to use against him. And he would have won if Mata-Nui hadn't returned. Are you not greater than he?""Additionally, why didn't you just wrap around the building with your inky blackness and cause it to collapse and crush the stone if you just wanted to destroy it?"-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

OOC: You know, I'm getting some serious deja vu from this situation. And I'm not happy about it.IC (Outpost Central): So Sar'Jah had felt the call too. The good news was that Almorn wasn't going insane. The bad news was that other people had heard the call. Someone might have already found whatever had been making the signals."Sir," Almorn said to Kublai, "In light of recent developments, I suggest that we conduct a search of Kra Karda. There should be some Ghost tech left there from when everyone fled the city. It could help us if we try to find out whatever happened to the, uh, object."

Credits: Xanis

"Don't Panic."

IC-Kar:"For the simple reason that what I need is within that stone I need you to destroy it-if I destroyed it, I would inadvertently destroy that which I require, as well. It is an illusive object-and it is not a weapon. I do not wish to destroy any of my tools."IC-Aclaraung:"Yes, well," Aclaraung growled back, "Until we get bodies again, it looks like we have to share. And so I say again: It's a tiny sword for the situation we are in."

Edited by Kal Grochi

profiles i guess

IC (Kublai)Kublai nodded. "In light of....recent developments. That seems wise. The signal has faded and I suspect investigating it at this juncture would be a waste of time." Kublai paused for a moment. "It will be dangerous. We will need to stay together and plan this out very carefully. With all that considered, I give everyone that accompanies us a decent chance of dying."OOC: College essay. Don't want to talk about it.

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

OOC: I forgot to make a Halnara post, I just realized.Also, if Aclaraung's appearance means what I'm getting the sense that it does, then that means... she might be right.IC: Ghaieden / Building"Fine." the Vortixx replied, casually raising the claws and smashing the stone with the infernal weapon.IC: Halnara / Outpost Central"Halnara." she replied. "So what's your plan? It looks like those other people all just ran off somewhere."-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

IC-Aclaraung:"Yes, well, I've found I can't very well leave this sword without your help," Aclaraung growled back. "Otherwise I would have taken over this Toa of Air, and I'd be swinging you around with abandon."IC-Kar:Once Ghaieden smashed the stone, what Kar truly wanted was revealed. A small obsidian stone, carved in a jagged manner, and as hard as diamond-shadows seemed to coalesce about it and grow solid, the light being sucked away into the stone."Yes, I was right," the consciousness within the Ul'kar said. "It was there. Very well, Ghaieden, bring it back to the Suva. Then what I truly need of you shall be revealed."

profiles i guess

IC: Fury... So many sarcastic comments I could make to that. Darnit, guess I'm stuck with you, seeing as I can't get out in the first place.To Skyra, she gave the mental equivalent of a shrug. Can't really help you there. I specialize in destroying minds, not helping people get over having their mind invaded.

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Ghaieden / BuildingGhaieden picked up the small stone. With no other place to put it, he peeled open a small spot on his chest armor and inserted it inside. With that done, he wordlessly left the building and returned to the Suva Ul.OOC: If I am correct, that stone should find its current location very familiar.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

IC-Aclaraung:"So nice to know you accept me as a roommate."IC-Visionary:"There is something there," he said quietly, his mind following the path of that object now, his body feeling the heat. "It is important. I have an idea as to what it is, but by no means am I sure. I require you to go there, and find it." He nodded over to Ketren, now."And train him as you go along. It might help his...condition."IC-Kar:Kar had already risen from his personal pool as Ghaieden walked in, the solidified mass appearing insectoid, now, with an oddly Toa-esque face. It stepped over to the Vortixx, holding out a three-clawed hand."The stone," it droned in a deep, bass rumble. "I see you keep it in a similar manner as did the previous owner of your weapon."

profiles i guess

IC: Skyra - Tunnels -Whatever...I'll get over it... I replied as I continued to make way toward the Outpost Central, I knew we were getting closer, but how close I had no idea...probably still had several kio to go at least.You destroy minds? I suddenly thought back, as I hadn't really processed that bit till just now. It wasn't so much that I was worried though, I knew that if she had wanted to she could've messed with my head already.

Edited by Overlord Snelly

IC (Outpost Central): "Outstanding," Almorn said, "According to all of the reports that I have heard, as long as we move quickly and find the Scout's lab and barrarks, we should be fine. I know that the building took a hit when the Ul'kar appeared, but it should still be standing."

Credits: Xanis

"Don't Panic."

IC: FuryMore like a cellmate than a roommate.She continued to keep part of her mind on her conversation with Skyra. Destroy them, mess with them, erase them, absorb them. I've done a lot of things to a lot of different minds. Actually, I destroyed a mind just before you located me. An insolent professor tried to get knowledge from me. I gave it to him.

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Ghaieden / BuildingGhaieden took out the stone and held it in his hand. "I don't know much, Kar." he said, stretching his arm out. "But I do know one thing - darkness. And this stone holds more of it than this entire city."He then dropped the obsidian stone into his masters hand. "Whatever it is, you have something to live up to."-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa: