• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Posted Image

Photo

Heroes in a Half Brick

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Hapori Tohu

Hapori Tohu
  • None
  • Heart of BZPower

• 1,359 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 11 2012 - 05:54 PM

Turtle Power! LEGO and Nickelodeon announced today at the New York Comic Con an expanded partnership that includes sets based on the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle franchise. You can read the full press release here. They also revealed an image of one of the sets - while those don't look like the TMNT vehicles and villains I remember, the minifig turtle is amazing and I must have them all. The sets will be debuting next year and I can't wait for the Technodrome to be immortalized in ABS.View the full article

#2 Offline Flux: The Explorer

Flux: The Explorer
  • Members
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

• 1,298 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 11 2012 - 08:11 PM

For a moment, I thought this was involving HF :P. Anyways, those turtle figures are awesome. I can't wait to see the other set pictures.

pWPTu7m.jpg

Credits go to Strack for the awesome sprite.

"Everyone wondered what powered Zane. I don't know if we'll ever know. I like to

think he was a brother. Because he powered me... and he'll still power me as his memory lives on.

A ninja never quits and a ninja will never be forgotten. Wherever you are Zane...

you'll always be one of us..."

~ Kai, Ninjago

#3 Offline Paleo

Paleo
  • Retired Staff
  • Encountering Protodermis

• 815 posts
  •   Retired Staff

Posted Oct 11 2012 - 08:29 PM

Links aren't working for me. However, I saw the images earlier, and boy does that spiky-wolf-monster look weird.*links aren't working from this topic. The ones on the front page do.

Edited by Paleo, Oct 11 2012 - 08:30 PM.

Vote for Entry #2:

News • Forums • Q&A

bzptwitter.jpg bzpflickr.jpg bzpyoutube.jpg bzpfacebook.jpg

in General Discussion Contest 2.22!

#4 Offline Chro

Chro
  • Members
  • Emerging Defender of Mata Nui

• 2,013 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 11 2012 - 08:32 PM

...or perhaps "Heroes on the Half Shell". Too bad they aren't clams.Bad jokes aside, the one set looks interesting. The three non-Turtle minifigs look quite interesting to me; I mean, just look at the arms on the wolf thing. I have no idea what the set is supposed to depict (some Turtle-affiliated truck, by the looks of it...) and so I can't rightly compare it to its cartoon/movie incarnations. The suspension and weapon constructs are interesting, to say the least.

#5 Offline Swert

Swert
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • BionicleSector01 Owner

• 5,617 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Oct 11 2012 - 09:09 PM

But Six, you can't have a LEGO Technodrome!They -never- built that thing to work right! :PYeah, I'm still deciding on this theme. I was fortunately too young to get too deep in TMNT (Power Rangers ftw) but I remember parts of it.I anticipate enough nostalgic factor to tide over the AFOLs.

MinewellSig.jpg

#6 Offline Meiko

Meiko
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,066 posts

Posted Oct 11 2012 - 09:46 PM

I so called this. As soon as I saw the first commercial for the TMNT relaunch on Nick (I was watching Spongebob c:) I was like "I so bet there's gonna be a LEGO theme of this." Yep.Eh, I doubt I'll by any sets. Mutant turtles aren't really my thing. :P
--
Meiko
News reporter and database administrator at Brickset (profile)
Administrator at Brickipedia (profile)
Former administrator at BIONICLEsector01 (profile)
MediaWiki developer (profile)

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

#7 Online Toa Smoke Monster

Toa Smoke Monster
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Mask of Light Unveiled

• 5,261 posts

Posted Oct 11 2012 - 11:18 PM

I'm surprise sets like these haven't been made before. I'm not the biggest fan of TMNT, but this is still great news for those who are.

Everyone is one choice away from being a bad guy in someone else's story.

Check out my Bionicle short story The Agori and my Ninjago short story The Darkness Within

Also check out my comedy series Adventures of the Bara Magna Sets!

#8 Offline Manterax Prime

Manterax Prime
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 453 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 12 2012 - 01:05 AM

"Heroes in a half-shell" LEGO Power!Also, technodrome probably won't happen as Mega is the only one making spherical panel of that would be big enough.But who knows, perhaps Lego will do the technodrome.

sailor_moon_banner.jpg

Tired of broken BIONICLE sets? Support the Remolded Sockets Service Pack project by Kon1 on CUUSOO http://lego.cuusoo.c...deas/view/17500

Want more female characters to stand with you BIONICLE or HF collection?  Support Bunyip's Constraction Line for Girls project on CUUSOO http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/6801

#9 Offline CHTrilogy

CHTrilogy
  • Members
  • Defender of Mata Nui Defeated

• 3,192 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 12 2012 - 04:45 AM

Oh, they're doing Ninja Turtles now, are they! Well that I gotta see!

~ CHTrilogy

whob.png

#10 Offline TheSkeletonMan939

TheSkeletonMan939
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Emerging Mata Nuian Protector

• 1,628 posts

Posted Oct 12 2012 - 05:38 AM

The sets will be debuting next year and I can't wait for the Technodrome to be immortalized in ABS.

Eh, I wouldn't bet too much on that, unless Nickelodeon uses it in their new TV series.They should have done this years ago when the 4Kids series was running strong (though it was less kid-friendly than the Nickelodeon series appears to be).

#11 Offline Lyichir

Lyichir
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • A Chir Brother

• 2,095 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 12 2012 - 06:41 AM

Not a Turtles fan, but I have to say, those figs and the set itself are pretty nice. And I'm drooling at the thought of more basic parts in olive green, like on the top of the "Shellraiser" (which I have to admit is a clever name).
Proud attendee of the Bionicle panel at NYCC and after-hours Lego store event! Feel free to PM me any questions about Bionicle 2015 sets or parts!

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence
Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

#12 Offline TLhikan

TLhikan
  • Members
  • Descending into Protodermis

• 1,012 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 12 2012 - 09:42 AM

Man, why couldn't they have done this back in 2003? But these sets are cool looking. -TLhikan

"So I'm TL now?"
"Yeah, 'cuz if we said it the other way it'd have to be TLhiKHAAN!!"

#13 Offline Swert

Swert
  • Premier Member
  • BionicleSector01 Owner

• 5,617 posts

Posted Oct 12 2012 - 10:22 AM

Not a Turtles fan, but I have to say, those figs and the set itself are pretty nice. And I'm drooling at the thought of more basic parts in olive green, like on the top of the "Shellraiser" (which I have to admit is a clever name).

I honestly did not see that until just now. You're right, that -is- a grand thought.

MinewellSig.jpg

#14 Offline Cobui

Cobui
  • Members
  • Descending into Protodermis

• 1,066 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 12 2012 - 09:05 PM

*sigh* another Nickelodeon theme, and it couldn't be Legend of Korra?

fjRqLk4.jpg

#15 Offline .:Yio:.

.:Yio:.
  • Members
  • Scavenger Va

• 648 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 13 2012 - 12:26 AM

To be honest I'm kinda disappointed by I understand a possibly reasoning, for the Ninjago line is about to discontinue so at least they have something that is Ninja-like and that is popular. I'm just not sure I enjoyed the show alot and also Mega Bloks have done this before

ViSa1Uz.jpg

As infrequent as I post, I will always continue to be a BIONICLE fan

#16 Offline Swert

Swert
  • Premier Member
  • BionicleSector01 Owner

• 5,617 posts

Posted Oct 13 2012 - 11:22 AM

To be honest I'm kinda disappointed by I understand a possibly reasoning, for the Ninjago line is about to discontinue so at least they have something that is Ninja-like and that is popular. I'm just not sure I enjoyed the show alot and also Mega Bloks have done this before

To be fair, Mega Bloks also had Marvel as a theme prior to LEGO picking it up. Just because another company made a product line of it doesn't necessarily negate it from being picked up by LEGO. The only theme right now that I'd be concerned with is if they obtained Halo. That'd be a complete 180 to everything LEGO was producing.... Which is why I still want LEGO Half-Life 2 D:

MinewellSig.jpg

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users