Heroes in a Half Brick

Turtle Power! LEGO and Nickelodeon announced today at the New York Comic Con an expanded partnership that includes sets based on the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle franchise. You can read the full press release here. They also revealed an image of one of the sets - while those don't look like the TMNT vehicles and villains I remember, the minifig turtle is amazing and I must have them all. The sets will be debuting next year and I can't wait for the Technodrome to be immortalized in ABS.View the full article

...or perhaps "Heroes on the Half Shell". Too bad they aren't clams.Bad jokes aside, the one set looks interesting. The three non-Turtle minifigs look quite interesting to me; I mean, just look at the arms on the wolf thing. I have no idea what the set is supposed to depict (some Turtle-affiliated truck, by the looks of it...) and so I can't rightly compare it to its cartoon/movie incarnations. The suspension and weapon constructs are interesting, to say the least.

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

But Six, you can't have a LEGO Technodrome!They -never- built that thing to work right! :PYeah, I'm still deciding on this theme. I was fortunately too young to get too deep in TMNT (Power Rangers ftw) but I remember parts of it.I anticipate enough nostalgic factor to tide over the AFOLs.

bzpsig2015.png

I so called this. As soon as I saw the first commercial for the TMNT relaunch on Nick (I was watching Spongebob c:) I was like "I so bet there's gonna be a LEGO theme of this." Yep.Eh, I doubt I'll by any sets. Mutant turtles aren't really my thing. :P

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

"Heroes in a half-shell" LEGO Power!Also, technodrome probably won't happen as Mega is the only one making spherical panel of that would be big enough.But who knows, perhaps Lego will do the technodrome.

sailor_moon_banner.jpg

Tired of broken BIONICLE sets? Support the Remolded Sockets Service Pack project by Kon1 on CUUSOO http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/17500

Want more female characters to stand with you BIONICLE or HF collection? Support Bunyip's Constraction Line for Girls project on CUUSOO http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/6801

The sets will be debuting next year and I can't wait for the Technodrome to be immortalized in ABS.
Eh, I wouldn't bet too much on that, unless Nickelodeon uses it in their new TV series.They should have done this years ago when the 4Kids series was running strong (though it was less kid-friendly than the Nickelodeon series appears to be).

Not a Turtles fan, but I have to say, those figs and the set itself are pretty nice. And I'm drooling at the thought of more basic parts in olive green, like on the top of the "Shellraiser" (which I have to admit is a clever name).

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Not a Turtles fan, but I have to say, those figs and the set itself are pretty nice. And I'm drooling at the thought of more basic parts in olive green, like on the top of the "Shellraiser" (which I have to admit is a clever name).
I honestly did not see that until just now. You're right, that -is- a grand thought.

bzpsig2015.png

To be honest I'm kinda disappointed by I understand a possibly reasoning, for the Ninjago line is about to discontinue so at least they have something that is Ninja-like and that is popular. I'm just not sure I enjoyed the show alot and also Mega Bloks have done this before

ViSa1Uz.jpg

As infrequent as I post, I will always continue to be a BIONICLE fan

To be honest I'm kinda disappointed by I understand a possibly reasoning, for the Ninjago line is about to discontinue so at least they have something that is Ninja-like and that is popular. I'm just not sure I enjoyed the show alot and also Mega Bloks have done this before
To be fair, Mega Bloks also had Marvel as a theme prior to LEGO picking it up. Just because another company made a product line of it doesn't necessarily negate it from being picked up by LEGO. The only theme right now that I'd be concerned with is if they obtained Halo. That'd be a complete 180 to everything LEGO was producing.... Which is why I still want LEGO Half-Life 2 D:

bzpsig2015.png