• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Piraka Graffiti

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Offline The Legendary TNT

The Legendary TNT
  • Members
  • Scavenger Va

• 651 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 18 2013 - 10:13 AM

So I was learning how to use GIMP a little better and I found the brick pattern, and for some reason it looked like an alley in New York for some reason. And I thought, "All this needs is some graffiti." Then an idea struck me. Why not do Piraka graffiti? So I went on BS01 and found Piraka promo signatures and scoured the internet for a BIONICLE graffiti style logo (harder to find than you would think!) and came up with this.

http://www.brickshel...ka_grafitii.jpg

What do you think?

new_sig_legacy.png

#2 Offline Dralcax

Dralcax
  • Members
  • Defender of Mata Nui

• 2,192 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 18 2013 - 10:26 AM

Well, um, all you did was paste a few images on top of another. To make it more like graffiti, I would suggest you put the brick wall texture onto the graffiti so it looks like it was painted onto the walll itself. Still, I can't do much better myself, so good job, I guess?

Shiverburn_Galaxy_Figures_Close-Up.PNG

#3 Offline Tenebrae Invictus

Tenebrae Invictus
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Disintegration Resolved

• 6,999 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Feb 18 2013 - 10:41 AM

The signatures look like they are floating over your GIMP Brick Wall, not on it. I suggest you try and turn down the transparency on the signatures so it looks more like they are on the wall.

Edited by Tenebrae Invictus, Feb 18 2013 - 10:42 AM.

9092_s.gif

Up, down, turn around, please don't let me hit the ground

#4 Offline Watcher on the Walls

Watcher on the Walls
  • Members
  • Emerging Ice Warrior

• 1,896 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 18 2013 - 10:58 AM

That's pretty cool, no offence but the graffiti looks sort of like stickers on the wall. Try to put a bit of texture in the words, but it looks good after all.

#5 Offline The Legendary TNT

The Legendary TNT
  • Members
  • Scavenger Va

• 651 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 18 2013 - 01:44 PM

The signatures look like they are floating over your GIMP Brick Wall, not on it. I suggest you try and turn down the transparency on the signatures so it looks more like they are on the wall.

Oh. I haven't quite figured out how to do that yet.  :lookaround: Where do I do that? I would like to make this one of my backgrounds for my computer, so that would be helpful.

new_sig_legacy.png

#6 Offline Tenebrae Invictus

Tenebrae Invictus
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Disintegration Resolved

• 6,999 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Feb 18 2013 - 02:25 PM

Oh. I haven't quite figured out how to do that yet.  :lookaround: Where do I do that? I would like to make this one of my backgrounds for my computer, so that would be helpful.

Well if you made each signature on it's own layer, or all the signatures on a different layer on the wall, you could go on the layers toolbar and tone it down.

9092_s.gif

Up, down, turn around, please don't let me hit the ground

#7 Offline Ricardo Mason

Ricardo Mason
  • Members
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 1,532 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 18 2013 - 04:27 PM

It looks cool. What would make it really cooler, is make it look like an actual alley in New York, and put the graffiti on the brick walls. Pure artistic talent.

BZPRPG Profiles

Flaredrick Seria - Potas -'Jet Fire' -'Razor'- 'Infector' - Reso 'Vo - Kasrar 'V- Ludvin va Betravo - Vallen Tor - Molvr Kalr

#8 Offline Voltex Oblige

Voltex Oblige
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • The Storyteller

• 4,362 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 18 2013 - 05:11 PM

[color=#008080;]A masking layer witht the brick walls and the graffiti could work too - you'd just have to be careful to keep the colours.[/color]

[color=#008080;]-ibrow[/color]

book_1_logo_super_small.jpg

^Click to read!^

INTERLUDE

A heist in BZ-Koro goes precisely as scheduled.

#9 Offline Guurahk Entertainer

Guurahk Entertainer
  • Members
  • Battling Makuta!

• 506 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 01 2013 - 01:02 PM

Nice!

Also seems pretty interesting, I already can think of a few good uses for my next gen comics...

Could I use it? I'll give credit.

-G u u R a h K

#10 Offline The Legendary TNT

The Legendary TNT
  • Members
  • Scavenger Va

• 651 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 01 2013 - 01:10 PM

Nice!

Also seems pretty interesting, I already can think of a few good uses for my next gen comics...

Could I use it? I'll give credit.

Sure.

new_sig_legacy.png

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users