• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Posted Image

Click to ToggleParticipate in our raffle!

Hi, Guest. Come take a look and participate in our raffle:

Chima 2014 Big Raffle
Chima 2014 New Member Raffle
Chima 2014 Little Raffle

Photo

Fancy hat time

Jaller Takua jester hats

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Online Taka Nuvia

Taka Nuvia
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Mask of Time Discovered

• 4,004 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Apr 03 2013 - 10:56 AM

(Yeah, me again. Sorry ^^")

Posted Image

[color=#808080;]^click the thumbnail or follow this [/color][color=#808080;]link [/color][color=#808080;]to view the whole pic! :3[/color]

Felt like doing something BIONICLE-themed again, but somehow I couldn't think of something serious and awe-inspiring... have Jaller and Takua wearing some fancy hats instead. In colour! ^^

18_yaargh.jpg

"And this is why you should always have your plot ready in advance"

#2 Offline Smaug the Terrible

Smaug the Terrible
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Makuta of Metru Nui Sealed

• 10,026 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Apr 03 2013 - 12:25 PM

Hah, nice one! Fancy hats indeed. Good use of colour and I like how you did the metallic feel of the armour on the figures.

However, there seems to be something off about Takua's feet. The foot on the front has a perspective issue, as if it is turned inward and the heel looks like there is a part loose. From the way the leg is turned outward though, it should almost have the same orientation as the outward foot on Jaller, except mirrored of course.

The other thing is the rear leg. While you drew Jaller on the right in the way that both tops of the feet can be seen from this perspective, that rear one on Takua looks flat. Also, the leg should point forward. Right now, together with the angle of the Kolhii-stick, the center of gravity of Takua means he would fall over right quick.

Anyway, just a few minor things. Love the colours and the hats! And Jaller's expression is downright awesome =)

smaugbanner.jpg

#3 Offline Dragonstar7

Dragonstar7
  • Members
  • Emerging Ice Warrior

• 1,813 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 03 2013 - 02:07 PM

Hehe that's pretty cute. Looks like Jaller isn't too happy about the hat. Anyways I like the drawing, just that I have to agree with what VF said. You made it look like the movie form as well.

#4 Offline Sumiki

Sumiki
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Assistants
  • Hat Enterprises CEO

• 10,914 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Apr 03 2013 - 09:13 PM

[font="Palatino;"]In addition to what VF said (and goodness knows he knows much more about this stuff than I do), it kind of looks like Jaller's chest armor is kind of wonky, kind of like a chest protector that's not on quite straight.That said, I think your style works very well with movie form. (How can you possibly dislike those hats, though? They're awesome and I want one.)[/font]

rotr_banner.png

#5 Offline Au'Rehn Rising

Au'Rehn Rising
  • Members
  • Toa Nuva Defeated

• 3,923 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 09 2013 - 02:54 PM

Haha, Jaller doesn't look very happy with the hat he's been given. XD

#6 Offline Mega Man: The Blue Bomber

Mega Man: The Blue Bomber
  • Members
  • Flying Force!

• 2,372 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 11 2013 - 07:37 AM

Best buddies wearing headgear hats. Really suits Takua XD

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

mega_man_reboot_gif___600x300___by_zacax

"Humans and robots living together in harmony and equality. That, was my ultimate wish,"-Dr.. Thomas Light

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users