• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Posted Image

Click to ToggleParticipate in our raffle!

Hi, Guest. Come take a look and participate in our raffle:

Chima 2014 Big Raffle
Chima 2014 New Member Raffle
Chima 2014 Little Raffle

Photo

Should Krekka Have Died?

Discussion

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Online The Malicious Phantom

The Malicious Phantom
  • Members
  • Submerged!

• 1,107 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 12 2013 - 03:25 PM

Ok. I'm assuming that most of us Bionicle veterans have seen LoMN at least once. But this one question hits me every time I watch it: should Krekka have died when Lhikan dropped that pendulum thing on his face? I mean, consider the physics of it. 10 ton object + face equals squish.

#2 Offline Tornado

Tornado
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 39 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 12 2013 - 03:32 PM

I know every time i watch LoMN I think Krekka should have died

#3 Offline Dralcax

Dralcax
  • Members
  • Defender of Mata Nui

• 2,189 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 12 2013 - 03:46 PM

Well, Krekka seems to be Nigh Invunerable. I highly doubt even protosteel could stand up to something like that. When I saw LOMN, when Krekka survived, I was "wut the heck isn't he supposed to be dead?"

Shiverburn_Galaxy_Figures_Close-Up.PNG

#4 Online ~The 1st Shadow~

~The 1st Shadow~
  • Members
  • Descending into Protodermis

• 1,080 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 12 2013 - 06:43 PM

That was an empty vat for molten protodermis that got dropped on him. Despite how heavy even that should be, we've seen Toa get dropped from Knowledge towers, get thrown through mountains, and shot through walls by Rahkshi. Krekka's species is much bigger and stronger than Toa are, so a little bump on the head wouldn't have kept him down for more than a few minutes. Besides, it was never specified how big the vat was in comparison to Krekka. We just see an object falling towards his head. For all we know, it was no bigger than his hand and just left him dazed for a few seconds while he regained his bearings.

Posted Image

t1scbanner.jpg

Credit to Shattered Mask Productions for the Avatar and signoff!

#5 Offline Nidhiki of the Shadows

Nidhiki of the Shadows
  • Members
  • Jailer of the Pit

• 17,232 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 12 2013 - 06:43 PM

[color=#008000;]Yeah but Krekka is a... Actually come to think of it... Yeah, you're right... STOP RUINING MY CHILDHOOOOOOD!!!![/color]

[color=#008000;]-NotS[/color]

gaim_banner.png

#6 Offline ankyfdarkness

ankyfdarkness
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Descending into Protodermis

• 939 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 13 2013 - 02:49 AM

I never really thought about it, but yeah, that does seem a little weird. I guess as some of the others have said, Krekka's species can take quite a beating.

silverbladebanner.jpg

#7 Offline Terton

Terton
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Kohrak-Kal Attacks!

• 2,872 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 13 2013 - 06:20 AM

You could say the same about the giant stone fist crushing both him AND Nidhiki.

#8 Offline Toatapio Nuva

Toatapio Nuva
  • Members
  • Master of Disintegration Unchained

• 5,352 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 13 2013 - 09:08 AM

Krekka is a superman.

Listen to Vakama, he knows what he's talking about.

vakama_loves_curry.jpg

My BZPRPG profiles - Kirgan, Viima, Jarkale, Tuli, Hile, Lai LaiSurina, Khervos, Teede

#9 Offline Rooster Nui

Rooster Nui
  • Members
  • Toa

• 132 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 14 2013 - 07:07 PM

Yeah, I'll agree, that did seem quite weird when the vat dropped but it makes sense for Krekka, a strong as ######, dull minded being to survive.  

#10 Online The Malicious Phantom

The Malicious Phantom
  • Members
  • Submerged!

• 1,107 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 16 2013 - 05:42 AM

Krekka is a superman.

LOL, up, up, and away!

#11 Offline Damaracx The Mad Scientist

Damaracx The Mad Scientist
  • Members
  • Emerging Ice Warrior

• 1,851 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 16 2013 - 06:30 AM

That was an empty vat for molten protodermis that got dropped on him. Despite how heavy even that should be, we've seen Toa get dropped from Knowledge towers, get thrown through mountains, and shot through walls by Rahkshi. Krekka's species is much bigger and stronger than Toa are, so a little bump on the head wouldn't have kept him down for more than a few minutes. Besides, it was never specified how big the vat was in comparison to Krekka. We just see an object falling towards his head. For all we know, it was no bigger than his hand and just left him dazed for a few seconds while he regained his bearings.

Posted Image

[color=#ff0000;]This basically is what I was going to say, but I'll say it again anyway.  As stated in hte Dark Hunter Book Krekka is well above the srength of a toa and if you think about the above as well as the other things Toa do, then it should be legit that Krekka survived.  The Dark Hunter Book doesn't frequently use the phrase "above the strength of a normal toa" for nothing.  So, to sum things up Toa strong, Krekka REALLY STRONG, Krekka survive.[/color]

#12 Online The Malicious Phantom

The Malicious Phantom
  • Members
  • Submerged!

• 1,107 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 16 2013 - 06:32 AM

Okay, I get that, but a gist stone fist is just going to crumble around him when it falls? I don't think so.

#13 Offline SonicBOOM XS

SonicBOOM XS
  • Members
  • Bionicle Writer of the Month

• 1,967 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 17 2013 - 12:11 AM

Let's see...

We've seen:

Matoran get struck by lightning that should kill, instead end up as Toa.

Makuta literally get turned back into flesh in a body that should not support it, yet survive.

Keetongu took quite the fall from the Coliseum.

Takutanuva got crushed under a door (granted, Takanuva "died", but Teridax survived).

The list goes on and on.

Suspension of disbelief. Krekka's really durable. Like, Nokia phone durable. And then probably some.

Undergoing Renovations...

#14 Offline ToaN

ToaN
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Toa

• 134 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 17 2013 - 12:09 PM

Matoran get struck by lightning that should kill, instead end up as Toa.

If you are referring to the Red Star lightning, that was probably special energy that hit the matoran who's destiny was to become Toa. I think this incident is forgivable.

Makuta literally get turned back into flesh in a body that should not support it, yet survive.

Well, he was pretty disabled, and in a lot of pain. I guess it depends on how the armor is structured.

Keetongu took quite the fall from the Coliseum.

You got me there! By all rights, Keetongu should have been smashed. Especially since he is so old and already had been hit by shadow energy.

Takutanuva got crushed under a door (granted, Takanuva "died", but Teridax survived).

Well Teridax is a gas, and his armor was shattered. If Teridax was a physical being, he probably would be dead.

The BZPower Chat is alive!

Join at: http://xat.com/thebzpc

I am ToaN, from the N continuum...

#15 Offline Sheogorath

Sheogorath
  • Members
  • Scavenger

• 621 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 17 2013 - 03:17 PM

let's take a few things into consideration for this. 1: Krekka is huge. I mean, I think he's 9 ft tall. to support himself, he would have to have immense strength and resistance. 2nd: all of the MU inhabitants we've seen, save Tren Krom, were mostly metal. metal is usually a lot stronger than human skin. something that would kill a human would only stun something like Krekka.

madness is the golden road to happiness

#16 Offline Toa Zaz

Toa Zaz
  • Members
  • Conqueror of the Swarm!

• 724 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 17 2013 - 03:29 PM

[color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Helvetica;]If you're wondering how he eats and breathes[/color][color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Helvetica;]And other science facts,[/color][color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Helvetica;]Just repeat to yourself "It's just a show,[/color][color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Helvetica;]I should really just relax."[/color]

Yeah, throughout Bionicle the physical side of things is completely illogical.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users