Antroz + Akaku

I think you have to have vision in the first place to be able to use a mask that can effect your sense of sight, unfortunately. And I was under the impression that the Shadow Matoran who accompanied the vampire-trio (as I call them) were connected to their partner telepathically, or at least somewhat. It's possible that that the three of them could literally look through the eyes of their Matoran partners and see whatever they saw. (If you've read/seen Eragon, think of that scene where Eragon looks through the eyes of Saphira via their Rider-and-dragon connection.) I could be wrong! It just sounds silly to me that three powerful Makuta (one of whom was Teridax's top lieutenant!) would have to rely on a bunch of little Matoran shouting "LEFT, GO LEFT! NO, YOUR OTHER LEFT!" XD

Hero Factory RPG 2.0 PCs:
| Erik Jet | Daren Wolfe | Henry Flint | Helen Corona | Ethan RezDr. Xaal |

Wasteland RPG PCs:
|
Mina |

I think you have to have vision in the first place to be able to use a mask that can effect your sense of sight, unfortunately. And I was under the impression that the Shadow Matoran who accompanied the vampire-trio (as I call them) were connected to their partner telepathically, or at least somewhat. It's possible that that the three of them could literally look through the eyes of their Matoran partners and see whatever they saw. (If you've read/seen Eragon, think of that scene where Eragon looks through the eyes of Saphira via their Rider-and-dragon connection.) I could be wrong! It just sounds silly to me that three powerful Makuta (one of whom was Teridax's top lieutenant!) would have to rely on a bunch of little Matoran shouting "LEFT, GO LEFT! NO, YOUR OTHER LEFT!" XD

I Have read the Eragon book but i still must read the 4th book I know exactly what you mean. But i see no reason why they could not use the akaku. If you remember correctly The jutlin can only break down objects that are in the users field of vision. That would mean that Antroz would have had to use Radiak's eyes if he wanted to use his kanohi so the same should apply to the Akaku.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

If you remember correctly The jutlin can only break down objects that are in the users field of vision. That would mean that Antroz would have had to use Radiak's eyes if he wanted to use his kanohi so the same should apply to the Akaku.

That I do, good sir. The question is, how generalized are the "rules" of the Jutlin? Does its power work on anything the user is facing, or only things he/she can literally see?1) If the former, Antroz would have no problem using his Jutlin on his own, but anything like an Akaku would be useless to him because (I'm 95% sure) it only works through a being's functioning eyes.2) If the former and the latter, he could wear the mask himself and somehow use its power while simultaneously using Radiak's functioning eyes, or just have Radiak wear the mask and somehow tap in to its power while again using the Matoran's eyes. 3) If the latter only, same as #2, but this also means that Antroz would never be able to use his own mask again. He would have to tap into Radiak's Noble Jutlin, and the mask's powers would be halved unless he somehow tampered with it. (This doesn't mean Radiak cannot wear a Great Akaku, but again, Antroz would have to tamper with it.)The second and third seem over-the-top to me, but then Antroz and the others are Makuta, and most likely had both the power and the mental-prowess to accomplish #2 and 3 without being distracted by the process while in the midst of battle. *shrug*Something to ask Mr. Farshtey, perhaps?

Hero Factory RPG 2.0 PCs:
| Erik Jet | Daren Wolfe | Henry Flint | Helen Corona | Ethan RezDr. Xaal |

Wasteland RPG PCs:
|
Mina |

There is probably no confirmed answer but I think they wouldn't be able to use the Akaku since it requires the wearer to have eyesight in the first place before improving it.

Where does it say you need eyesight in the first place?

Knock Knock

Who's there

Hoff

Hoff who

Yes

There is probably no confirmed answer but I think they wouldn't be able to use the Akaku since it requires the wearer to have eyesight in the first place before improving it.

Where does it say you need eyesight in the first place?

Nowhere that I know of. :shrugs:

Sorry, that was just my personal interpretation of it's power. I mean, it's the mask of x-ray vision so doesn't it the wearer to have vision in the first place?

"The drums are coming closer"

A better question to ask would be whether the Mask of X-Ray vision enhances the "eyes" of the user or directly projects the information of X-Ray vision into the user's mind through some other means. If it affects the eyes themselves, and the eyes don't work, it would be like inserting a disk into a laptop with a dead battery and a smashed-up screen. Good luck trying to get any data out of that.

If the mask would project the data into the user's mind (probably the area affecting vision), then the user would see though everything, but have no "normal vision" reference to work from.

There's some evidence to indicate that it affects the eyes directly, as most portrayals indicate that the user only sees using X-ray vision when using the mask (there's no "real vision overlay", and the Akaku user cannot see in X-ray and normal vision simultaneously). I'm not 100% sure on that, but that's what I remember.