• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

At Long Last... Official Lego Steampunk?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Hapori Tohu

Hapori Tohu
  • None
  • Heart of BZPower

• 16-July 01
  • 1,507 posts
  •  

Posted May 08 2013 - 07:42 PM

Top hats, dirigibles, some sepia... There's no mistaking it. With the release of Lego Master Builder Academy Level 4, the brick has officially entered the world of steam. So strap on your goggles, get some pressure in your boiler, and head on over to this article for more information.View the full article

#2 Online Click

Click
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Ice Warrior

• 25-May 09
  • 1,940 posts
  •  

Posted May 08 2013 - 10:32 PM

I have to admit, the image in the magazine really impressed me, with how detailed and Steampunk it was, but the models weren't all that great. Not even enough brass to convince me to subscribe to MBA and get them. It's nice to see Lego's finally going for Steampunk, but I wish they did a better job. And made a theme out of it. :D

BTW, you can get more images at club.lego.com by entering the club code L4MBA, as found in the May-June magazine, since the link seems to be broken.

EDIT: Actually, the link on the front page is fixed, but the one here is broken. Might as well also say the other themes look pretty good. The architecture employs some great ideas that look nice, and I like that Lego is introducing functions a bit more to builders, especially with Leonardo Da Vinci's awesome designs. I'm going to have to figure out how to build that ornithropter.

Edited by Click, May 08 2013 - 10:39 PM.

~click.gif

tohu_head_by_0nuku-d88efx4.jpg

Thanks for voting Tohu 2015, winner of GAC #21, A Picture is Worth a Thousand Likes!

Rahkshi Corpus Profiles BZPRPG (inactive)The Scarabax Library | Flickr | Deviantart

Latest Blog Entry: Art to MOC Contest!

#3 Offline Sumiki

Sumiki
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Assistants
  • Hat Enterprises CEO

• 04-September 06
  • 11,366 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted May 09 2013 - 12:04 AM

[font="Palatino;"]While I doubt this will be at the same level as high-level steampunk MOCs, I'm sure the parts in the sets will be a boon to those particular MOCists.[/font]

tumblr_ngen45A4Ri1tryxewo3_1280.png

#4 Offline CHTrilogy

CHTrilogy
  • Members
  • Defender of Mata Nui Defeated

• 01-June 04
  • 3,197 posts
  •  

Posted May 09 2013 - 10:39 AM

Well I'd say it's about time!

~ CHTrilogy

whob.png

#5 Online Bambi

Bambi
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Mask of Light Unveiled

• 31-March 08
  • 5,087 posts
  •  

Posted May 09 2013 - 11:20 AM

YES

These look pretty good, maaaay have to get one. Or is it just one set? :P

#6 Offline Lyichir

Lyichir
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Members
  • A Chir Brother

• 21-March 06
  • 2,314 posts
  •  

Posted May 09 2013 - 05:38 PM

YES These look pretty good, maaaay have to get one. Or is it just one set? :P

The steampunk, historical, and inventor kits (kits 10, 11, and 12, respectively) are individually packed sets, but I don't think you can get 11 and 12 outside of the subscription that comes with kit 10.

Proud attendee of the Bionicle panel at NYCC and after-hours Lego store event! Feel free to PM me any questions about Bionicle 2015 sets or parts!

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence
Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

#7 Offline ~garnira returns~

~garnira returns~
  • Members
  • Encountering Protodermis

• 02-June 08
  • 839 posts
  •  

Posted May 09 2013 - 06:00 PM

I'm probably going to have to get these!

leechfoam.gif "Copy and paste me into your sig! The shadows command you!"

My website: http://arra41.wix.com/zaro-nui ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

tarakavabanner.jpg

#tumaislove,tumaislife

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users