Papercutz vs. Bionicle Comics

For a while I have thought that the Papercutz Bionicle graphic novels were just collections of the previously released Bionicle comics from the magazines.Recently I have started doubting that. Are they?And should I consider buying them (or, preferrably, is there a place to download them)?And are they where the pictures of the baterra and karzahni (the place, not the being) are from? I've been scouring my comics with no avail.

rsz_screenshot_from_un_chien_andalou.jpg
My Writing Blog (more writing coming soon!)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (defunct)

Hyfudiar on Spotify (noise/drone/experimental music)

They should be. As for buying them, I'm not sure; I've been hearing stuff about how bad their binding(how they glued the spine of the book) is.

The image of Baterra I think is from Bionicle 8:Legends of Bara Magna

Karzahni the location? Might be Makuta's Guide of the Universe, not sure.

"I could have been a Protector but then I took a stud to the feet."

The pictures of both the being Karzahni and his realm are from BIONICLE: World. It's also where images of many other locations, such as Artakha, Odina, and Destral originated.

If you don't currently own all the comics, the Papercutz graphic novels are the way to go. The spine glue can be hit or miss; half of mine are perfect, and in the other half, the glue doesn't really do anything anymore. The books with the glue detached hold together surprisingly well though.

Graphic novels 1-7 and 9 contain the original comics from years 2001 - 2009 almost verbatim. A few text boxes were reworded to fit the new format ('next issue' becomes 'next chapter').

GN 6 had a new comic

GN 8 was comprised of entirely new comics. This is where the Baterra pictures come from.

Unfortunately, the final two comics were going to be part of a 10th GN, which was never released.

If nothing else, you should consider buying Graphic Novel 8 for the new comics.

Has following the story become too complex? Look no further:

How to Follow BIONICLE

A Simple, chronological checklist

UPDATE May 22 2013: Every is now color coded!

Contains every bit of content, organized by story year