Arkhevai

An ancient Toa of Iron who watched over Nala Nui long ago. While he has not been seen in ages, the forges of time have not yet fully wrought this hero’s journey…

19482179283_5d84c02f93.jpg
Flickr

This guy was originally an Inika build that I made several years ago. I decided to revamp him recently and added some bronze to his color scheme. He's also my entry into this month's Flickr contest.

I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)

• Upvote 5

I like it! The torso build is nothing short of impressive, let alone creative. The structure of the legs is great, and I love the weapons :D Brilliant MoC!

Hey thanks! I wanted to incorporate Av-Matoran limbs and an IfB cockpit in somehow since I haven't seen many MOCs use them. Once I saw how well the vents on the Mata feet matched up with the Avtoran limb everything fell into place! I was originally going to use one of those orange IfB spider pieces on the torso too, but I had to get rid of it to make room for the neck. But I managed to fit in a couple rubber band holders instead, so it's all good. :D

I also find it an interesting choice to only have a shoulder pad on the left shoulder. Any reason for that in his back story or anything?

Originally I thought it'd be cool to give him a shoulder pauldron sort of like this by attaching the Knight's Kingdom shoulder pad to his shoulder and Takanuva's chest armor to the Mata foot in his torso. It looked kind of goofy though, so I decided against it.  :P Then I ditched the Takanuva armor and attached the shoulder pads to both arms instead, but it looked too bulky for what I was going for, so I just kept the left one. In terms of his backstory, I'm not sure... but he does carry his shield with his armored arm, so it's really good for defense while his hammer arm is less encumbered.

Edited by Infrared
  • Upvote 1

I'm not a big fan of the gold, it kind of clashes with the orange in this case. That being said, this is still a great MOC. The torso design is really cool, and I like the leg design. If you could replace the blue pins with tan ones that would look quite a bit better, but if you don't have any then that might prove to be difficult.  :P  

I really need a better signature.

I'm not a big fan of the gold, it kind of clashes with the orange in this case. That being said, this is still a great MOC. The torso design is really cool, and I like the leg design. If you could replace the blue pins with tan ones that would look quite a bit better, but if you don't have any then that might prove to be difficult.  :P

Thanks for the feedback! I like the color scheme myself, but to each his own. I do think some of the photos make the orange and dark gold a bit more vibrant than they are in real life, but on the other hand the colors might have the same issue even if they're more dull. :shrugs: And good idea with the tan pins--looking back, a lot of the times I used blue pins (like on the shins and forearms) the added friction doesn't do much, so replacing them shouldn't be a problem.

Edited by Infrared

I really like this MoC's color scheme - very eye-catching. His arms look a little short compared to his chest to me though. :shrugs:

Out of curiosity, what is that beautiful orange piece on his back?

Hey thanks! Good point about the arms. Originally the forearms were a bit longer, but the design fell apart easily so I scrapped it in favor of the added stability. But maybe I can make them longer by adding those CCBS friction extender things to the elbow joints....

That piece is actually his shield holstered on his back (it's visible from the front here). Apparently it's from a 2005 Star Wars set.

Edited by Infrared
  • Upvote 1