Rumor: Bionicle's return in 2015

"A very special event where a new Lego theme will be announced"? 

I'm going to go out on a limb here and postulate that they're likely referring to the new contraction theme that Lego hinted at ages ago. I guess that confirms that our suspicions were correct. Bionicle 2015 will be announced at NYCC, and Lego wants us to be part of it. I guess they did remember us. YAY!!!

• Upvote 2

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

I'm going to cash in on this "remembrance of Bionicle" thing that we've got going now-

The only time that I've seen a Bionicle in a shop post-2010 was in Florence, Italy, in 2012. This tiny toy shop had five out of six Glatorian, and seeing as I had four out of six, I bought the only one there which I didn't have- Tarix.

I spent all of my 25 euros spending money on one Bionicle set. On the second day of my two-week holiday.

I was 11.  :lol-sign:

The Glatorian were 25 euros? o_O I know that a lot of countries' prices can be higher than those in the United States, but that seems ridiculous! I think that shop probably ripped you off!

I bought Berix for what was equivalent to $15USD, and the Phantoka for what would be $20USD.

:o Berix was, like, $7 in the US, and the Phantoka were $13 a piece!

I'm going to go out on a limb here and postulate that they're likely referring to the new contraction theme that Lego hinted at ages ago. I guess that confirms that our suspicions were correct. Bionicle 2015 will be announced at NYCC, and Lego wants us to be part of it. I guess they did remember us. YAY!!!

Excited! Excited!

I'm probably gonna be applying to the contest to go to NYCC. I live right here in the city and go to school in Manhattan so getting there is absolutely no problem for me. Bionicle 2015 here I come!  B-)

I only wonder how relevant it'll be. Do you folks think we'll be getting more pictures before NYCC? I know leaks start flying in around this time but LEGO may be doing their best to keep Bionicle under wraps for a big NYCC reveal. And just look at what a great job they've been doing with that.

Edited by Banana Gunz
  • Upvote 4

The phrasing in the article ("a brand-new Lego theme") sounds like it would contradict the possibility of it being Bionicle, but even in leaks we haven't really seen news of much else that would qualify as "brand-new" AND be aimed squarely at the Comic Con audience. And of course there's the fact that Lego is specifically offering these tickets to BZPower... which could simply mean that they're starting to offer sites like BZP more perks, but it might in fact mean that the announcement would appeal to BZP specifically.

Fun times for sure. We'll just have to wait and see...

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

The clock is ticking towards an explosive finale... The fate of this forum hangs in the balance... The end of the speculation is nigh...

Continuation or retelling? Reboot or retcon?

Who will survive, and who will fall?

All shall be revealed at NYCC... 

• Upvote 4

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Okay, the NYCC news just posted on the front-page is not totally the staff hinting that they know, is it?

GAHHH! I always go to NYCC. I bugged my Dad to get the tickets, but they were sold out before I could convince him. And to think I could literally witness BIONICLE coming back (possibly). Does anyone know where I can get them now?

Follow the light...

The Hype Train will take you to it

Follow me on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/JTHStudio

Also, watch my new BIONICLE Short: "How BIONICLE Really Came Back" http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/15938-how-bionicle-really-came-back-a-brickfilm/

Okay, the NYCC news just posted on the front-page is not totally the staff hinting that they know, is it?

GAHHH! I always go to NYCC. I bugged my Dad to get the tickets, but they were sold out before I could convince him. And to think I could literally witness BIONICLE coming back (possibly). Does anyone know where I can get them now?

You could try the contest here... But is that a ticket to the whole thing, or just a pass? *wonders*

I can't go though. Wrong place, wrong time, way too much homework and other things that need to be done.

Edited by fishers64
  • Upvote 3

Even though I am excited for this new theme, I won't believe that it is Bionicle until it is actually announced at the event or we get more evidence that suggest that it is indeed Bionicle.

I'm not trying to be a debby downer, but for all we know this could actually be a new Lego theme never seen before. I just don't want to get my hopes up too much in case it isn't Bionicle.

• Upvote 1

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

So... You won't believe that it's Bionicle, after ALL of the evidence that we've got? So, you're ignoring:

1. Leaked pictures, which contain images of a launcher which hasn't even been released yet;

2. The "Coming Soon" page on Lego.com;

3. The NYCC passes which Lego has given to BZP;

4. And finally, all of the set names, prices etc. which have come from MULTIPLE sites.

To quote Vitruvius, "All of this is true. Because it" is spelt correctly. XD

I mean, come on, you must be one hardcore conspiracy theorist to ignore that.

And if it is a troll, then it's a troll which has been years in the making. But still, even if it isn't Bionicle, then I'm excited for the new theme too.

• Upvote 3

VBWj75sh.png

I think he's perfectly allowed his skepticism, this may not be a BIONICLE announcement. This is about keeping your hope and hype in check. What you allow yourself to feel is fine, but so is skepticism and reserve. For me, I'm the hype train conductor. This is the exact type of announcement I was expecting, since I didn't buy BIONICLE at SDCC, even when the case was empty until Sunday. Point being, the fandom has been wrong before. BIONICLE is coming back, but this may not be its announcement.

(I think it is)

-You're really irritating.
-Does irritating mean "fun"?

So... You won't believe that it's Bionicle, after ALL of the evidence that we've got? So, you're ignoring:

1. Leaked pictures, which contain images of a launcher which hasn't even been released yet;

4. And finally, all of the set names, prices etc. which have come from MULTIPLE sites.

And if it is a troll, then it's a troll which has been years in the making. But still, even if it isn't Bionicle, then I'm excited for the new theme too.

Don't forget that, according to a BZP member who talked to a Toys"R"Us manager, Toys"R"Us is getting ready to stock Bionicle figures. Edited by Jakura Nuva
  • Upvote 3

Don't forget that, according to a BZP member who talked to a Toys"R"Us employee, Toys"R"Us is getting ready to stock Bionicle figures.

Not just an employee... The store manager, who's been there for a coupla' decades, from the sound of it.

Edited by NickonAquaMagna
  • Upvote 3

the_toa_sig_by_nickinamerica-dbn0wau.png

The Toa- A Bionicle Retelling by NickonAquaMagna http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/25275-the-toa-a-retelling-of-bionicle/

Don't forget that, according to a BZP member who talked to a Toys"R"Us employee, Toys"R"Us is getting ready to stock Bionicle figures.

Not just an employee... The store manager, who's been there for a coupla' decades, from the sound of it.

Noted and edited.

• Upvote 1

Noted and edited.

If he's a part of the conspiracy, too, who knows how far back this goes?

• Upvote 2

The Toa- A Bionicle Retelling by NickonAquaMagna http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/25275-the-toa-a-retelling-of-bionicle/

That isn't a viable point, though. It's hearsay. Has anyone else contacted a retail store? Actually, that might be a good idea. Has anyone else, besides this member, contacted a store? Even a Lego Store? This is the internet, people get excited, exaggerate, misunderstand. I wouldn't even put my stock into what a stranger on a message board says. Individuals require their own verification and proof. And, besides, he wasn't arguing BIONICLE, he was arguing the NYCC announcement.

• Upvote 4

-You're really irritating.
-Does irritating mean "fun"?

Upon Bionicle's expected return I'm really hoping the features that made 2001 so great with the sets being so complex but simple at the same time I also really hope those ______ master of [insert element here] will be like smaller titan sets or something like that they just seem to big to me and a bit to simple as well the protecters look okay though! I'm also just gonna ask if anyone else noticed the Kanohi Miru and Kanohi Kakama to look really different than in 2001 of course that would make sense for the sake of collectability 

:smilenuju: :k: :n: :r: :e: :a: :l: :m: :smilekopakanu:
                              :akaku:
                                :a: :k: :a: :k: :u:

I might have an unhealthy obsession with this mask...

Noted and edited.

If he's a part of the conspiracy, too, who knows how far back this goes?

Dude... that'd be awesome. If it went that far, I'd be sad that I wasn't in on it :P

That isn't a viable point, though. It's hearsay. Has anyone else contacted a retail store? Actually, that might be a good idea. Has anyone else, besides this member, contacted a store? Even a Lego Store? This is the internet, people get excited, exaggerate, misunderstand. I wouldn't even put my stock into what a stranger on a message board says. Individuals require their own verification and proof. And, besides, he wasn't arguing BIONICLE, he was arguing the NYCC announcement.

I was at a LEGO store in my area and I mentioned Bionicle coming back and the employee seemed to have no idea what I was talking about. Granted, they weren't a manager but I would assume they would have some knowledge of the sets coming into stores next year. (But then again I mentioned the release of the Exo Suit and they also had no idea about it when it was going to be released in about a month... I guess the LEGO store doesn't really look for people who know anything about LEGO when they're hiring...)

• Upvote 1

POMEGRANATE! We need another Hype Train video!

And if the staff do know... Then someone get me a Mask of Fusion! The admins MUST be fused into the Hype Train!

I'm actually making a fan version with the Batman Begins train chase.

• Upvote 1

Follow the light...

The Hype Train will take you to it

Follow me on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/JTHStudio

Also, watch my new BIONICLE Short: "How BIONICLE Really Came Back" http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/15938-how-bionicle-really-came-back-a-brickfilm/

I don't really care about more evidence by this point, since I'm already sold.

What's worrying me is that Lego might turn around and make it a reboot, which is a process I will not be looking forward to .

bZpOwEr

You could try the contest here... But is that a ticket to the whole thing, or just a pass? *wonders*

I can't go though. Wrong place, wrong time, way too much homework and other things that need to be done.

it says "...because LEGO is giving BZPower twelve New York Comic Con passes for all day Thursday to give out to members in the New York City area" i have school and i live in pennsylvania, so i can not. go :( i hope someone catches it on video or something like that.

http://www.bzpower.com/story.php?ID=6912

• Upvote 1

The rest of the Minecraft sets have been leaked today so I doubt it'll be them.

TTV mentioned there will be a new theme called LEGO "Elf's", so it could be that theme. I personally doubt it because it doesn't sound like a theme with a huge story (more like a Castle theme) and I don't see why it would need a specific reveal at Comic Con that would cause LEGO to toss BZP some passes.

Anyway Bionicle is a pretty big deal and I feel like LEGO would definitely want to have a nice reveal for it. Comic Con is just the best time to do it.

A: It says they're unveiling a new theme.  Bionicle isn't new.

B: they're offering passes to BZP.  This implies that it particularly interests BZP.  It must be... a remake of Chima. :P

I still don't get how you all think Lego is going to bring back Bionicle.

Edit: Woah, how'd that get there? 

Edited by Willess12

On 9/29/2014, Greg Farshtey said:

"Just wanted to say a quick something --

A lot of you guys are BIONICLE fans, many from way back. It's no secret that you are some of the smartest, most loyal, and most dedicated fans out there. You, and you alone, have carried the torch for the line over the last four years. Hopefully, you will feel rewarded for your efforts by 2015 BIONICLE.

Regardless, I wanted to take this opportunity to say that I am really proud to be associated with you, and you should be really proud of yourselves"

Ordinarily, I don't do quotes, but this is special.

Fire Ice Water Stone Earth Air... I mean Jungle.

Bionicle: The Legacy Hero An attempt to put some magic back into Bionicle.

I don't really care about more evidence by this point, since I'm already sold.

What's worrying me is that Lego might turn around and make it a reboot, which is a process I will not be looking forward to .

If they reboot it, then I'd hate to see the old universe go to waste, especially seeing as the MU is possibly my favourite location in all of fiction. I hope that they do a reboot Ninjago style though: as in, timeskip ahead to the future, whilst still keeping all (Or most) of the old characters, with some of them in different roles, like Garmadon's shift in character between season 3 and season 4 of Ninjago.

• Upvote 1

VBWj75sh.png

A: It says they're unveiling a new theme.  Bionicle isn't new.

B: they're offering passes to BZP.  This implies that it particularly interests BZP.  It must be... a remake of Chima. :P

I still don't get how you all think Lego is going to bring back Bionicle.

Well, I guess if you're going to ignore all the other evidence, all we need to do is wait, right? What we know for certain (and have known for many months) is that there's a new constraction theme in the works for 2015. So sooner or later, we'll find out what that is. If it's not BIONICLE, I suppose you can consider us duped. But if it is, well... suddenly our confidence doesn't seem so silly.
  • Upvote 1

Aw man, are they finally reviving the Slizers line? Sweet.

I don't think I'm opposed to a reboot of Bionicle; I found the story towards the end was getting a bit convoluted.
But whatever happens, I hope they bring back collectables, especially masks. I loved collecting those masks...

~SI NON CONFECTUS NON REFICIAT~

Proud is the spirit of Zeus-fostered kings – their honor comes from Zeus, and Zeus, god of council, loves them.

it says "...because LEGO is giving BZPower twelve New York Comic Con passes for all day Thursday to give out to members in the New York City area" i have school and i live in pennsylvania, so i can not. go :( i hope someone catches it on video or something like that.

http://www.bzpower.com/story.php?ID=6912

If I do get to go, Ill see what I can do ;)

Also I hope it is Bionicle that will be shown, however it could also be something else.

• Upvote 2

TTV mentioned there will be a new theme called LEGO "Elf's", so it could be that theme. I personally doubt it because it doesn't sound like a theme with a huge story (more like a Castle theme) and I don't see why it would need a specific reveal at Comic Con that would cause LEGO to toss BZP some passes.

Anyway Bionicle is a pretty big deal and I feel like LEGO would definitely want to have a nice reveal for it. Comic Con is just the best time to do it.

According to what I read on Groovebricks, Elves is going to be a theme for young girls, similar to the Friends theme. It could be what they're unveiling...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't they say a "new" theme would be unveiled? If Bionicle is returning, should it really be considered "new"?

I'm not ignoring any evidence that Bionicle is coming back. I was just saying that I don't think the new theme being announced at the NYCC is Bionicle. I believe this because Bionicle isn't a new theme. For all we know, it could be a theme that's never been a Lego Line before. We don't have any evidence, as far as I know, that points either way. 

Just to be clear, I'm not saying that it can't be Bionicle, because it could very well be. I'm saying I haven't seen anything that suggests that it will be announced at NYCC, and thus why I think it could be entirely new theme instead.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

According to what I read on Groovebricks, Elves is going to be a theme for young girls, similar to the Friends theme. It could be what they're unveiling...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't they say a "new" theme would be unveiled? If Bionicle is returning, should it really be considered "new"?

I personally don't see Elves being the theme they want to give a reveal. There's nothing stopping it, but I just don't see why.

I'm imagining some representative from LEGO getting on a stage being all like "I have a big announcement to make regarding a new theme coming out!" All the Bionicle fans squeal with joy. "Introducing the new 'Elves' line!" Bionicle fans start crying. The announcer starts to walk away from the mic but then he suddenlt turns around and quickly says, "Oh, and Bionicle's coming back." and we all rejoice. That would be a real happy ending.

Unless they're releasing Bionicle with the exact same sets and story, then yes, it can be considered new, or at least be largely considered new. Especially if it's a reboot, though it works either way.

Plus, Bionicle is a big deal. It's not often LEGO brings an old theme back from the dead, after all, why should they have to? Being able to explore old ideas again is interesting, but it's a lot easier to just come up with something new and not having to worry about disappointing old fans. If LEGO is going to bring back Bionicle (and at this point it's fairly safe to say it is) then wouldn't they want to make a big deal about it? Or at least some sort of public statement/introduction about it at a place like comic con? I just feel like Bionicle has to mean something enough to get some sort of extra acknowledgement. Just my pocket change though.

• Upvote 3

A new theme for little girls, eh? I'm looking forward to seeing what this new Elves line is like. I do think it's nice that the Friends sets are on par with "boy sets" in terms of piece count and construction, and I appreciate that they use colors other than pink, but... well, they're still so darn girly. Personally, I've never understood the concept of marketing certain things to a specific gender. The most heinous example of this I can think of is Cartoon Network cancelling Young Justice because "too many" of its viewers were girls, and the out of touch execs only wanted boys watching the show because "only boys buy toys." 

Like... really? We're still that far behind the times? Even with this Friends line, it still feels like they're telling girls what they're SUPPOSED to like. "What's that, little girl? You like Eris from Legends of Chima and want to buy her awesome eagle/jet/tank thing? Well, we've got something even better for you! An ice cream shop/beauty parlor/pet shop thing!" Cause, you know... ice cream and pets are... girl things, I guess? Pfft. Even that cruise ship set looks like a pretty cool thing for a kid to have, but still... it's so girly. When I hear about this whole elves thing, though, I can't help thinking it ought to have more of a sense of... culture to it...

....Which is what made me love Bionicle.

Also, half of the Toa Novus are girls. WOOOOT~

• Upvote 2

A new theme for little girls, eh? I'm looking forward to seeing what this new Elves line is like. I do think it's nice that the Friends sets are on par with "boy sets" in terms of piece count and construction, and I appreciate that they use colors other than pink, but... well, they're still so darn girly. Personally, I've never understood the concept of marketing certain things to a specific gender. The most heinous example of this I can think of is Cartoon Network cancelling Young Justice because "too many" of its viewers were girls, and the out of touch execs only wanted boys watching the show because "only boys buy toys."

Like... really? We're still that far behind the times? Even with this Friends line, it still feels like they're telling girls what they're SUPPOSED to like. "What's that, little girl? You like Eris from Legends of Chima and want to buy her awesome eagle/jet/tank thing?" Well, we've got something even better for you! An ice cream shop/beauty parlor/pet shop thing!" Cause, you know... ice cream and pets are... girl things, I guess? Pfft. Even that cruise ship set looks like a pretty cool thing for a kid to have, but still... it's so girly. When I hear about this whole elves thing, though, I can't help thinking it ought to have more of a sense of... culture to it...

Also, half of the Toa Novus are girls. YAAAY~

Off-topic, but YJ really did have a potential to be better. Half of every episode was about some superhero's relationship with another, and that's not something that's going to keep the show alive.

Back on topic - what about the Jurassic World theme? That's new.

Edited by Jakura Nuva

Like... really? We're still that far behind the times? Even with this Friends line, it still feels like they're telling girls what they're SUPPOSED to like. "What's that, little girl? You like Eris from Legends of Chima and want to buy her awesome eagle/jet/tank thing?" Well, we've got something even better for you! An ice cream shop/beauty parlor/pet shop thing!" Cause, you know... ice cream and pets are... girl things, I guess? Pfft. Even that cruise ship set looks like a pretty cool thing for a kid to have, but still... it's so girly. When I hear about this whole elves thing, though, I can't help thinking it ought to have more of a sense of... culture to it...

Off-topic, but YJ really did have a potential to be better. Half of every episode was about some superhero's relationship with another, and that's not something that's going to keep the show alive.

Even so, just having so many cool superheroines on the show taking names and saving the day made a lot of little girls wanna be superheroes, too, making the audience, like, twice as big... so of course, CN cancelled it, because they're stupid, sexist shmucks.

Even so, just having so many cool superheroines on the show taking names and saving the day made a lot of little girls wanna be superheroes, too, making the audience, like, twice as big... so of course, CN cancelled it, because they're stupid, sexist shmucks.

I agree, bro, I just think it could've been handled better. Like, less romance.

A new theme for little girls, eh? I'm looking forward to seeing what this new Elves line is like. I do think it's nice that the Friends sets are on par with "boy sets" in terms of piece count and construction, and I appreciate that they use colors other than pink, but... well, they're still so darn girly. Personally, I've never understood the concept of marketing certain things to a specific gender. 

Like... really? We're still that far behind the times? Even with this Friends line, it still feels like they're telling girls what they're SUPPOSED to like. "What's that, little girl? You like Eris from Legends of Chima and want to buy her awesome eagle/jet/tank thing? Well, we've got something even better for you! An ice cream shop/beauty parlor/pet shop thing!" Cause, you know... ice cream and pets are... girl things, I guess? Pfft. Even that cruise ship set looks like a pretty cool thing for a kid to have, but still... it's so girly. When I hear about this whole elves thing, though, I can't help thinking it ought to have more of a sense of... culture to it...

I welcome that they are doing something fantasy related. I hope it at least gets up to Chima's story quality, if not better. 

But I encourage girls to buy what they really want. I suffered from that growing up, that I was supposed to buy/like girl stuff, even though I owned a lot of "boy" stuff anyway. Although it was more like my parents could never really understand what I wanted because of my weird tastes. Society said one thing, I said another. 

POMEGRANATE! We need another Hype Train video!

And if the staff do know... Then someone get me a Mask of Fusion! The admins MUST be fused into the Hype Train!

I'm actually making a fan version with the Batman Begins train chase.

Someone really needs to do one with the scene at beginning of the Incredibles. :P

Anyway, to get back on topic, they could announce some different new theme and Bionicle's return at once. I agree that throwing passes to BZPower is suspicious. Either they are announcing Bionicle or they are announcing something that would be of interest to BZPower in general, and I don't think the Elves line qualifies. :P

• Upvote 3

but if they said something like a ""returning theme" then that would reveal that it is bionicle, they obviously want a big reveal, it would not be very big if we knew it was bionicle for sure, by saying "new" they leave it up to speculation

i thought lego made the friends line because a little girl and her mom did not  like lego not having any  "girl themes" and threatened to sue lego if they did not make a theme for girls.