Rumor: Bionicle's return in 2015

No, I think giving powers to more of the Agori and Glatorian would detract from the skills they already have. I men, look how much they've survived without powers. Besides, being mostly organic, Glatorian given Toa powers are far weaker, so I don't see much point in turning the Glatorian into weak Toa when the story could just focus on the strong Toa. If there was a year or two where the storyline that focused on the Agori and Glatorian, I'd like it to focus on them as they are; they're already special and unique in their own ways. They have their own skills and techniques, and they're excellent survivors.

I'd like an Agori/Glatorian driven storyline to focus on the aspects that make them different and special, rather than just turning them into a weaker organic equivalent of Toa and Matoran.

This. 

One thing that occurs to me is that the Agori/Glatorian know the land/world of Spherus Magna much better than the Toa/Matoran do. At least for the first short while, they will be indispensable. Given that recent Greg answers leave Matoran construction equipment out of commission, they also have the potential for superior numbers. 

Eh... I'm in the camp of people who think it's wrong to propogate that girls are "supposed" to limit their interests to things that are all pink and frilly and princessy. I mean, if a girl really does love that stuff, fine, give it too them... but I know girls who have hated that stuff since they were little. I know girls who LOVE Bionicle. Heck, my own mother has said that when she was little, she never wanted to be a princess. She thought that was stupid. She wanted to go find DINOSAURS.

If girls like that are really such a small percentage of lego's market, then fine... but I honestly find that kind of hard to believe. Again, I must touch upon Young Justice and its audience. Why SHOULDN'T a girl wanna be Batgirl, or Miss Martian, or Artemis or whoever? Why shouldn't they buy the comics and action figures? Girls can be cool, too.

>implying that girls who like pink aren't cool. :P

But seriously, dude, this girl agrees with everything you're saying. :) To the revolution! *raises Sprite bottle*

#BlameChro

I second that.

I third the notion.

What am I being blamed for?

Yeah, if Bionicle 2015 turns out to be a clever ploy, I'm blaming Chro.

Dudes, stop playing the blame game.

Seriously. I know you weren't serious, but sometimes silly Internet jokes can bother people. Not cool.

Alright, I'm sorry. I didn't think that it would irk you, but that's okay.  

It's not really a huge problem, I know you were joking... but this is a touchy subject, considering there actually are some people who might believe that I'm lying about all this... and I can't prove that I'm being honest without risking negative consequences for my source.

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

Alright, I'm sorry. I didn't think that it would irk you, but that's okay.  

It's not really a huge problem, I know you were joking... but this is a touchy subject, considering there actually are some people who might believe that I'm lying about all this... and I can't prove that I'm being honest without risking negative consequences for my source.

Ah, I see. Well, I trust that you've got a valid connection. 

This is slightly unrelated to the topic at hand but I had a dream last night where Lego partnered with Game Freak and they put the 2015 Toa Mata as catchable Pokemon in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. I was in the middle of catching Lewa at Petalburg Woods when I woke up. XD

A wild Tahu appears! 

bZpOwEr

I remember a fake CoroCoro magazine scan from June that featured "Mega Sceptile" had Gadunka's silhouette in a corner. Also the fake Mega Klinklang floating around recently looks like a Toa built entirely out of gears. XD

I wonder if Lego will do a movie and a video game for 2015, as originally planned for 2001, now that they have the resources. I hope they do, but doubt they'll invest too much on the off chance it flops.

Only time will tell. My bet is that 2015 will be a sort of test year to see how popular Bionicle turns out to be. If they get good sales, then we might see more money being poured into the theme. Fingers crossed. 

• Upvote 1

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

A video game is something that story-based Lego themes almost always have; look at Ninjago, Chima, LoTR, Marvel and DC Super Heroes, and Harry Potter. So a video game for Bionicle 2015 isn't actually too unlikely. As for a movie, we'll just have to wait and see.

Bionicle Heroes was a good attempt (especially in terms of scenery), however it would be cool to see one of those Lego Star Wars-style Bionicle games, where you have a picture of your character up in the corner, and there's that grid that shows which players you've unlocked. 

How's that for a vague description? 

• Upvote 3

bZpOwEr

Like the Lego Indiana Jones game? If so, that'd be really cool. They could make it with only one character (depending by level, or certain levels where you pick which Toa you want) and instead of swapping through characters you swap through Kanohi.

Or, you could unlock Matoran, Agori, and such. 

It was pretty cool what they did by making Lord of the Rings one big map, not a bunch of smaller ones. That was a neat concept, and it would be fascinating to see that implanted into the game that they might be making. 

• Upvote 2

bZpOwEr

But the problem with all of those games you've mentioned is that they use minfigure sized characters. I don't want to play a Bionicle game where my character is a tiny minfigure like the HF Invasion from Below sets. They'd need to scale the whole thing up before I'd be happy with it. 

But I like the idea of having one character instead of picking multiple. You have one baseline character, and then you can unlock different kanohi, weapons and powers as you go along. I know that wouldn't make a whole lot of sense canonically, but... meh. 

• Upvote 1

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Only time will tell. My bet is that 2015 will be a sort of test year to see how popular Bionicle turns out to be. If they get good sales, then we might see more money being poured into the theme.

Keep in mind that Lego would almost definitely not even consider bringing Bionicle back if they weren't certain it would be a large success.

• Upvote 3

but their spirits

I'd also like another Bionicle Heroes-like game that's just a fighting game that doesn't really care about canon and just focuses on gameplay value. Just not as easy as BH. The boss battles were alright (I always found the Vezon fight to be a good challenge) but the normal levels never had anything remotely challenging.

Edited by Toa of Gallifrey
  • Upvote 1

I'd also like another Bionicle Heroes-like game that's just a fighting game that doesn't really care about canon and just focuses on gameplay value. Just not as easy as BH. The boss battles were alright (I always found the Vezon fight to be a good challenge) but the normal levels never had anything remotely challenging.

Not to mention the only way you could really die (for good) was by a glitch.  If all your Toa died, you respawned with three Toa.

I want a story-based game like MNOG or the Voya Nui Online Game, or even that one video game for 2002-2003.  Not necessarily canon, but has a story.  But that's just me.

On 9/29/2014, Greg Farshtey said:

"Just wanted to say a quick something --

A lot of you guys are BIONICLE fans, many from way back. It's no secret that you are some of the smartest, most loyal, and most dedicated fans out there. You, and you alone, have carried the torch for the line over the last four years. Hopefully, you will feel rewarded for your efforts by 2015 BIONICLE.

Regardless, I wanted to take this opportunity to say that I am really proud to be associated with you, and you should be really proud of yourselves"

Ordinarily, I don't do quotes, but this is special.

Fire Ice Water Stone Earth Air... I mean Jungle.

Bionicle: The Legacy Hero An attempt to put some magic back into Bionicle.

No, I think giving powers to more of the Agori and Glatorian would detract from the skills they already have. I men, look how much they've survived without powers. Besides, being mostly organic, Glatorian given Toa powers are far weaker, so I don't see much point in turning the Glatorian into weak Toa when the story could just focus on the strong Toa. If there was a year or two where the storyline that focused on the Agori and Glatorian, I'd like it to focus on them as they are; they're already special and unique in their own ways. They have their own skills and techniques, and they're excellent survivors.

I'd like an Agori/Glatorian driven storyline to focus on the aspects that make them different and special, rather than just turning them into a weaker organic equivalent of Toa and Matoran.

This. 

One thing that occurs to me is that the Agori/Glatorian know the land/world of Spherus Magna much better than the Toa/Matoran do. At least for the first short while, they will be indispensable. Given that recent Greg answers leave Matoran construction equipment out of commission, they also have the potential for superior numbers. 

Eh... I'm in the camp of people who think it's wrong to propogate that girls are "supposed" to limit their interests to things that are all pink and frilly and princessy. I mean, if a girl really does love that stuff, fine, give it too them... but I know girls who have hated that stuff since they were little. I know girls who LOVE Bionicle. Heck, my own mother has said that when she was little, she never wanted to be a princess. She thought that was stupid. She wanted to go find DINOSAURS.

If girls like that are really such a small percentage of lego's market, then fine... but I honestly find that kind of hard to believe. Again, I must touch upon Young Justice and its audience. Why SHOULDN'T a girl wanna be Batgirl, or Miss Martian, or Artemis or whoever? Why shouldn't they buy the comics and action figures? Girls can be cool, too.

>implying that girls who like pink aren't cool. :P

But seriously, dude, this girl agrees with everything you're saying. :) To the revolution! *raises Sprite bottle*

*incinerates Sprite bottle* 

Mountain Dew superior. Sprite inferior.

I remember a fake CoroCoro magazine scan from June that featured "Mega Sceptile" had Gadunka's silhouette in a corner. Also the fake Mega Klinklang floating around recently looks like a Toa built entirely out of gears. XD

I wonder if Lego will do a movie and a video game for 2015, as originally planned for 2001, now that they have the resources. I hope they do, but doubt they'll invest too much on the off chance it flops.

Movie? We would've already heard about a movie...LEGO has to file a trademark, and such a trademark would've been uncovered by now. Earliest we can expect a movie is 2016 unless LEGO is doing an amazing job of covering up a 2015 movie.

Only time will tell. My bet is that 2015 will be a sort of test year to see how popular Bionicle turns out to be. If they get good sales, then we might see more money being poured into the theme. Fingers crossed. 

This. 2015 will be all about marketing, most of it viral. Posters, ads, music vids, radio infomercials...that kind of thing. Speaking of music, any guess on who LEGO should partner with this time around? I'm thinking a variety of bands would be nice. Imagine Dragons, Linkin Park, Shinedown...maybe throw in some AC/DC and Avenged Sevenfold in there as well. There's songs by all 5 bands - which just so happen to be my faves - that would fit nicely with BIONICLE. I'll name some if I must.

Let's not get into a debate over which bands would suit Bionicle. Please.

Also, remember that HF movie rumor?

I do. Yet you say your source has confirmed that HF will be ending. 

Are you hinting at something?

• Upvote 2

My source knows nothing more than I do about an HF or Bionicle movie; this is just me talking. There was a thing about a potential live action HF movie for 2015 or later, yet HF is ending, so...

but their spirits

Maybe LEGO plans on making a movie to conclude HF but doesn't want to bother making sets for it? It's a pretty shabby idea and if LEGO is making a movie they would probably definitely want to make sets for it but it's the only idea I have. If HF is just getting a flat cancellation that's fine but I feel bad HF that it has to be cheated out of a real ending.

But Bionicle 2015! #blameChro! (Sorry it's just too irresistible...  :) )

Not to mention the only way you could really die (for good) was by a glitch.  If all your Toa died, you respawned with three Toa.

I want a story-based game like MNOG or the Voya Nui Online Game, or even that one video game for 2002-2003.  Not necessarily canon, but has a story.  But that's just me.

Seriously? I never died so I just assumed that you had to redo the level. That really is quite rubbish.

Well, if we don't want the game to be canonical, how about when you die you're instantly respawned by the Red Star?

An MU exploration game would be epic. Especially if Lego collaborated with Mojang to do it. So, you could choose your character species (Matoran, Toa, Turaga, Skakdi or Vortixx), and then get to go on an MNOG-style quest through the MU, upgrading your character etc. as you move along! You could even have some Makuta for boss battles.

[Edit] And the RS could be a hub of some sort!

Edited by Makuta Miras

VBWj75sh.png

Also, remember that HF movie rumor?

Nice way to get everyone to ignore what I said. I wasn't starting a "debate", I was expressing my opinion and asking everyone else for theirs. 

Anywho, we all knew that live-action HF movie wasn't happening. There was never anymore news besides that initial news on it.

Nice way to get everyone to ignore what I said. I wasn't starting a "debate", I was expressing my opinion and asking everyone else for theirs. 

Sorry if I came across as rude. Partially based on my own reaction and my experience with similar topics in the past, I felt as though an argument might start, though it did not.

Why Mojang, Miras?

Minecraft. At least one Bionicle mod already exists for Minecraft.

There are [everything] mods for Minecraft. Doesn't mean Minecraft would be the best platform for Bionicle. (Plus, have you seen the Skyrim Bionicle mod?)

Also, I don't think Mojang would wish to integrate Bionicle into their primary game. It wouldn't make sense for them. The first thing that comes to mind: while the blocky aesthetic of Minecraft is well suited to normal Lego, that is not something that carries over to their constraction themes, and the voxel style is too much an integral part of the game to just get rid of it, while still not representing constraction to the point where neither Minecraft nor Bionicle would really be represented well in such a merger. (Other things, too - what are they going to do, make ghasts into Rahi and canonize redstone?)

tl;dr - Minecraft is not Bionicle enough, Bionicle is not Minecraft enough

Edited by Chro
  • Upvote 1

but their spirits