EXTERMINATION: Review

Voltex

Glad that I got a fittingly violent ending, fitting for a Triplet at least.

but dang the Shadow though did not see that one coming. High-octane end to a similarly high-octane story, with just enough loose ends to be satisfying but not infuriating.

and probably a good end to the entire mafia story idk about that, if i have the time maybe i'll go back and read them

I'll probably look back and absolutely hate some aspects of the ending, but for now I'm satisfied with it. :P 

I'm glad you enjoyed your demise.

Now that I got a chance to read the epilogue, I'll review it:

aaaaa I don't want it to end.

(In other words, great story, especially the ending, even if I want to learn what happens later.)

-Rahkshi Guurahk
GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
If I actually tried putting all the stuff I like on here, the sig would burst.

d1O9dXQ.png

(This banner is created by http://www.bzpower.com/board/user/59020-onaku/ )

Now that I got a chance to read the epilogue, I'll review it:

aaaaa I don't want it to end.

(In other words, great story, especially the ending, even if I want to learn what happens later.)

I flip-flopped between making the ending sad or hopeful for awhile, and eventually decided on making it a little more optimistic than perhaps was realistic. But hey, it's the very end.

• 2 months later...

You are too good at this. I immensely enjoyed the latest addition, I just wish it had been longer...

But yeah, this would have been such great material for many more series.

Totally loved it, though.

Many universes, each an adventure of their own.

I knew you couldn't stay away for good. :P

Really enjoyed the new stuff. Do you think you'll be writing any more?

-Letagi

Yay more files! You write so well.

Are you gonna be doing more?

I do not think so, no. Not at this time. These files were written to celebrate Extermination being featured.

I still have the Decimation plans and everything, so maybe if I have enough time and inspiration down the line, I'll write it. But I have no solid plans for anything.

An enjoyable addition to the story, I will say. I kind of got a Walking Dead vibe when it was revealed that the group had been traveling for seven years. All of that traveling, all of that killing, all of that reliving the same events over and over....that can have a toll on one's personality. Things like these can change a being, and you could sense that Portalfig could feel the group's individual personalities dying out and changing into something 'deader' as time went on. This would've made for a really great part of the story if it was fully fleshed out, but I understand that this is a special due to Extermination being on the front page, and I enjoy it for what it was. Congrats on making the front page, BTW. B-)

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Cheers for decimation tie-in. :P But wow that feature was way late. 

Welp, as they say, better late than never.

I figured a little tie-in to Decimation would be nice. As it is right now, it works as being about as close to a "happy ending" as these characters are going to get, but it still leaves my plans for Decimation open.

Just in case.

An enjoyable addition to the story, I will say. I kind of got a Walking Dead vibe when it was revealed that the group had been traveling for seven years. All of that traveling, all of that killing, all of that reliving the same events over and over....that can have a toll on one's personality. Things like these can change a being, and you could sense that Portalfig could feel the group's individual personalities dying out and changing into something 'deader' as time went on. This would've made for a really great part of the story if it was fully fleshed out, but I understand that this is a special due to Extermination being on the front page, and I enjoy it for what it was. Congrats on making the front page, BTW. B-)

Thanks. :)

Yeah, when I ended Extermination, despite the whole "hopeful ending" bit, I always felt that the journey the survivors were about to undergo would actually serve to break them more than the events of the trilogy ever did.

It was part of what I was going to explore with Decimation; how these utterly broken people have to piece themselves together and learn how to function properly again.

• 2 months later...

HEYO!!

Out of the blue, I present to you:

TRUE SURVIVOR

---

Taking place after the events of Extermination, this small little short involves the first-ever(!!) appearance of the infamous Order of Mata-Nui in this series, detailing a snapshot of their investigations into the Uprising of Metru-Nui. 

And perhaps we even get to see a familiar face, who might not be so dead after all...?

Edited by Lucina
  • Upvote 1

Seeing a Toa in this story, after not seeing one in it at all, is so weird. Even if it is the leader of the OoMN. 

Speaking of them, I do wonder why the OoMN never got involved in this conflict. It looked like they were pro White Council, so it might've been interesting to see how they would've affected the outcome of this war. Though I'm sure there is a reason that they didn't interfere with said war. 

I'm looking forward to seeing more chapters like this one if you ever write them. :)

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

More writing! It's a shame you can't be posting more... :(

I might have some more for you all at some point in the future.

Seeing a Toa in this story, after not seeing one in it at all, is so weird. Even if it is the leader of the OoMN. 

Speaking of them, I do wonder why the OoMN never got involved in this conflict. It looked like they were pro White Council, so it might've been interesting to see how they would've affected the outcome of this war. Though I'm sure there is a reason that they didn't interfere with said war. 

I'm looking forward to seeing more chapters like this one if you ever write them. :)

I do have some ideas, so we'll see!

• 2 weeks later...