MaskOfDestiny is broken!

TheZOMBIEJ

okay so i don't know where else to put this topic so lets go! 

for a good year to a year and a half i have been trying to access the Collection Archive function on MaskOfDestiny.com and every time i click on it i just get this; 

Server Error
500 - Internal server error. There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed.

what gives? 

i think this is total bull! can anyone help me? cuz i can't figure this out for the life ov me! 

grr! 

• Upvote 2

Why would you ask for help accessing part of a completely different site on here???

it's just been annoying to me that this kind ov thing happens!

also it's not too different from BZP nor too similar! i've been following both sites since i came across them during Bionicle G1's run! i like both sites! but this "server error" is a real kick in the nuts! so there! -_- 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

The Mask of Destiny news archives are preserved on the biomedia project servers; theyre not currently accessible but that will not be the case forever. Sorry i can't give you more right now!

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

• 2 weeks later...

for a good year to a year and a half i have been trying to access the Collection Archive function on MaskOfDestiny.com and every time i click on it i just get this; 

Server Error
500 - Internal server error. There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed.

what gives? 

i think this is total bull! can anyone help me? cuz i can't figure this out for the life ov me! 

grr! 

Sorry about the delay responding, it never occurred to me to check the forums of a completely different website for a query about our own.

Were you looking for anything in particular, or did you just want to browse around the collection archive? Last I checked I could still access everything from my control panel. If you only need a few specific things I can try and grab them for you.

Server Error

what gives? 

grr! 

Sorry about the delay responding, it never occurred to me to check the forums of a completely different website for a query about our own.

Were you looking for anything in particular, or did you just want to browse around the collection archive? Last I checked I could still access everything from my control panel. If you only need a few specific things I can try and grab them for you.

just to browse around and look at everything when i feel like it! i would appreciate if all ov those images were in a zip file to download! can you do that? otherwise i'm screwed! lol 

The good news is Biomedia does have the archive, the bad news is its not set up or ready for the public yet, but it will eventually be. No word back yet from our site's webmaster on the internal errors. I believe the problem happened after MaskOfDestiny and our sister site Rebelscum.com got moved to a new server by the webmaster.

I do respect that site for still existing. i love how their "Recent Images" are still the 2010 Hero Factory sets.

I think thats been broken since some time before Hero Factory 2.0. That feed technically doesn't show the most recent images uploaded to the site. Its actually tied to a manual refresh that looks for images attached to recent "items" in our archive's cross reference system. Otherwise it would always be populated uncontrollably with Star Wars images from Rebelscum.com, who uses the same file server.

I've gone through quite a bit of frustration over the years trying to figure out if I've just forgotten some obscure step in the process, but something just isn't operating correctly. If I could, I'd have the G2 Toa on there right now, or tie it in to show the most recent pictures relating to the retro news.

Edited by Imatron

• 2 months later...

i remember, back when bzpower had its strident "no advertising" policy, there was a particularly strict rivalry with mask of destiny. in fact, "mod" was word-filtered (even though there was nothing stopping you from, like, writing out the full name of the site, and the word "mod" had other applications)

man remember when no one would dream of making a forum site without signatures

that was tight