Official Transformers Topic

Stryker055

I think I may just skip out on trying to hunt down Que and Soundwave and blow my money on FE Bulkhead.Unless PRID Bulkhead isn't as bad as he looks, but I don't know if that's possible.Kalhiki

mrdark2.png

You're Doomed, Rayman!

Boy! I just love it when my computer doesn't tell me when my battery is getting low!

(that's sarcasm, by the way)

Well I am one for having anyone in the movie, it is just my thing, and I am a Soundwave fanatic. Que I was more excited for his repaint in G1 colors and new headsculpt. Also I am so upset I didn't get 1st Edition Voyager Prime because he is beautiful compared to the light up one that is out now. Hasbro's logic while it makes sense still baffles me. Like I'm sure people would still buy movie verse characters if you got to continuing the story and just did a Universe style thing again. Granted Prime figures are really well done I must say, got Wheeljack, Soundwave, and Bumblebee the other day. Soundwave is amazingly cool just wish he had a weapon. Wheeljack has some movement issues but is otherwise awesome. Bumblebee sucks. I hate the arms, hate how he looks hunched, I'm probably buying the first edition off Hasbro.

Pokemon Black Friend Code: 0389 8396 7500

OT: Alex

Oo,h pre-orders are open for KM-03 Cyclops.But it's $149. T_T

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

Anyone seen the Bruticus toy they're planning to make for the FOC line?Blaugh, that thing is just UGLY, especially the color scheme (bright green and bright yellow for Brawl and Swindle), and who in Hasbro decided to make Vortex red and Blast Off purely purple???I'm really looking forward to Fall of Cybertron, but the toys I've seen have all been bad (Prime looks like he's been eating too much again like he did in energon) except for Shockwave and Jazz, who look amazing.

Hasbro's logic while it makes sense still baffles me. Like I'm sure people would still buy movie verse characters if you got to continuing the story and just did a Universe style thing again.

Thats not quite how it works. If toys are canceled its most often because the retailers (Target, Toys R Us, etc.) refuse to buy them. Hasbro doesn't design and market these toys only to say "Well sorry, we don't think we're gonna sell these after all."

I'm more curious as to what happened with the Prime toys. We know at least FE Arcee, Bumblebee, and Starscream were intended to be in Generations, but then they got shuffled into the First Edition line. But if the entire FE line was supposed to be in Generations, where were the two Voyagers supposed to go? And if they were designed and made after the decision was made to put them in the FE line, that's an awful short amount of time for how amazing the figures are. On top of that, why was the design team behind the FE toys not put on the mainline? That's what I want to know from BotCon this year. Y'know, if anyone ends up going...

Anyone seen the Bruticus toy they're planning to make for the FOC line?Blaugh, that thing is just UGLY, especially the color scheme (bright green and bright yellow for Brawl and Swindle), and who in Hasbro decided to make Vortex red and Blast Off purely purple???I'm really looking forward to Fall of Cybertron, but the toys I've seen have all been bad (Prime looks like he's been eating too much again like he did in energon) except for Shockwave and Jazz, who look amazing.

The fact that the toy even exists overrules any disappointments I have with it. Besides, it'll definitely be released in multiple color schemes between Hasbro and TakaraTomy.

I really don't mind the colors of the FOC Combaticons. Bruticus is my favorite combiner, so I'll just be happy to have him in my collection (Y'know, aside from the PCC Combaticons).Kalhiki

mrdark2.png

You're Doomed, Rayman!

Boy! I just love it when my computer doesn't tell me when my battery is getting low!

(that's sarcasm, by the way)

I don't see how anyone can make a decision without seeing the actual product. Though using FE Cliffjumper and Bulkhead as Classics Cliffjumper and Brawn is an... interesting choice.And FOC Starscream looks miraculous. I will buy every repaint of that toy. And if they don't release a Thundercracker, I will buy one and paint it.

• 2 weeks later...

That's the same price as Fireworks CS5! BTW, does anyone know where I could find the Protoform Optimus Prime, Universe 2.0 Vector Prime with Mini-Con Safeguard(the one from 2009), or Galaxy Force Vector Prime(the one from 2006) for a lowish (around $20 maximum) price?

That's the same price as Fireworks CS5! BTW, does anyone know where I could find the Protoform Optimus Prime, Universe 2.0 Vector Prime with Mini-Con Safeguard(the one from 2009), or Galaxy Force Vector Prime(the one from 2006) for a lowish (around $20 maximum) price?
Proto OP should be easy to find under $20, but Vector Prime? You'd be lucky to get one below $30. Especially the Universe version, which is probably the best.

I'd say your best bet is to turn to eBay or join a Transformers fansite with an active buying/selling/trading community and see if someone can hook you up. Those people are going to be very likely to make deals so you'll generally get what you want for a good price (that's actually how I got my Universe Vector Prime).

• 2 weeks later...

So I managed to snag Ratchet and Arcee Prime. I have to say Ratchet is a great and bad ###### figure. His detail is perfect to the cartoon in my eyes and the swords being able to be held normally or like in the show is awesome as well. He is also super posable and doesn't look ugly or messed up like Bumblebee. Arcee is also nicely down my only issues with her are the back kibble and why didn't they include another blade?! like it would make her a ten times better figure! So probably gonna stalk ebay for the seperate piece or may just buy whole other Arcee to get a matching blade.

Pokemon Black Friend Code: 0389 8396 7500

OT: Alex

My Cliff can't move his legs forward either, so I guess it's meant to be this way?

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

So.....am I the only one who quite likes the direction IDW's comics seem to be going now? Other than the terrible art on Autocracy that makes it difficult to see what's going on sometimes (seriously, whose bright idea was it to hire Livio Ramondelli), on the whole most of what they're putting out at the moment is quite good. (except for MTMTE, which is brilliant like you'd expect from Roberts)

hopelessly drifting, bathing in beautiful agony

• 2 weeks later...

Yep, IDW is going in a very good direction as of late. The only thing that I'm a little iffy on is that Optimus/Orion Pax seems to be coming back sooner than initially intended. Considering the writing team they've got now, though, I seriously doubt that it will be handled poorly.Oh, and Drift is seriously awesome.

Meh, I'm not so sure about Drift, I can sorta understand why Ratchet doesn't like him.Also, has anyone else seen the RID #4 preview? I have, and I really do hope Bombshell survives. That series needs some recurring antagonists to keep things interesting, and random renegade 'Cons popping up and being assassinated by Arcee just ain't gonna cut it.

hopelessly drifting, bathing in beautiful agony

Frankly, I was hoping Ratbat was gonna have a bit of time to shine again, but I suppose not.I'm kinda glad I didn't Hasbro's Megatron after all, now that I've seen AM-15. The silver paint looks a lot better, and Gora does a nice job at being the fusion cannon (but they got rid of the blades ;_ ;). The price is the only thing stopping me from pulling the trigger and getting it, the same thing that makes me hesitant to get Skywarp/Bulo.

Edited by Sky-Byte

plop

Loved the movies, the combination of action and music, a load of symbolism (You gotta pay attention to more than the explosions to see it)And of course DOTM. Topped everything in action and effects, music was about the same as the previous two in terms of awesomeness, and finally a tricky plot. I don't know about you guys, but people were all like "OOOOOOOOOOOHHHH...." when Sentinel shot Ironhide. That was shocking. I mean, Sentinel was suspicious as Karz, and when he revealed his betrayal it tied up the loose ends, but then...BOOM. That shocked the living Karz out of me. (Which I'm sure was the intention...)Second place is easily TF Prime. That show is awesome.P.S. Never really got why G1 fans wanted the new stuff (ESPECIALLY the movies) to be continuations or G1 with better graphics. GET IT INTO YOUR HEADS, IT'S NOT A REBOOT. IT'S A NEW SERIES ENTIRELY WITH NO CONNECTION TO THE FIRST OTHER THAN THE BASIC IDEA.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

I fell into about a billion plot holes in ROTF. I wouldn't call it a bad movie, but the plot was terrible. So were many other things I won't go into.DOTM was better than it's predecessor, but didn't manage to meet the expectations that came with being a sequel to the first one (which was one of my favourite movies). The Autobots were way too powerful, the ending was too sudden and there was too much focus on Optimus. Although the humour was quite a bit less crude (Simmons regained my respect) and Sentinel was an alright character.

P.S. Never really got why G1 fans wanted the new stuff (ESPECIALLY the movies) to be continuations or G1 with better graphics. GET IT INTO YOUR HEADS, IT'S NOT A REBOOT. IT'S A NEW SERIES ENTIRELY WITH NO CONNECTION TO THE FIRST OTHER THAN THE BASIC IDEA.

That is not what G1 fans want/wanted, at least it isn't what I wanted. I got what I wanted with WFC, TFP and the rest of the aligned universe, which I absolutely love, and it outdoes the movies by infinite measurements in every way imaginable.

So.....am I the only one who quite likes the direction IDW's comics seem to be going now? Other than the terrible art on Autocracy that makes it difficult to see what's going on sometimes (seriously, whose bright idea was it to hire Livio Ramondelli), on the whole most of what they're putting out at the moment is quite good. (except for MTMTE, which is brilliant like you'd expect from Roberts)

Gotta agree with you there. Autocrasy's art is a bit... unprecedented, in a way. It would be cooler if Optimus took longer to come back, to have a larger impact, but I guess it's 'fashionable' for him to return quite quickly nowadays (in Animated it took him under two minutes or something, which I thought was ridiculous).

My Cliff can't move his legs forward either, so I guess it's meant to be this way?

Yeah, I checked around a bit, and it appears that it's to do with the mold. what I also noticed is that a lot of people don't notice it, which is a surprise because it was one of the first things I noticed when I got him :blink:

Eh. I was able to figure out an explanation for every plot hole but one through close observation and logical thinking. The one I couldn't get was: If the Primes could send Sam back, why couldn't they send Optimus back?Also, I disagree with the too much focus on Optimus. He's awesome. Plus they had him get tangled up in wires for a few minutes so everyone else could shine.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

Movieverse Optimus Prime is an overpowered murderous psychopath who grabbed onto the cool dude Ball halfway through DOTM and never let go. Prime (heh) example: Oh no, I've been trapped in some wires! Why would I use the twenty blades I keep on my person to cut myself free? I must call the inept Nascar trio to climb the skyscraper and free me! Also, the ending of DOTM was horrendous. Do yourself a favor and read the movie novel; it explains a lot of things and has a much, much better ending.

Hasbro might also try to sell them at the San Diego Comic-Con. I'm entirely okay with that and the Asia releases, because even though it'll still be expensive to get them, any new stock entering the market will lower prices. And I still want FE Cliffjumper desparately.Speaking of SDCC, the correctly colored FOC Bruticus is going to be exclusive to the event... I'll withhold my rage and simply state that I need to find somebody who is going and will buy this for me. I don't want any other form of Bruticus.~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

Movieverse Optimus Prime is an overpowered murderous psychopath who grabbed onto the cool dude Ball halfway through DOTM and never let go. Prime (heh) example: Oh no, I've been trapped in some wires! Why would I use the twenty blades I keep on my person to cut myself free? I must call the inept Nascar trio to climb the skyscraper and free me! Also, the ending of DOTM was horrendous. Do yourself a favor and read the movie novel; it explains a lot of things and has a much, much better ending.

I have. I don't mind either ending, really. Depends on your preference, whether you like the truce, or the killing. (Plus, if you look closely at that scene, Megatron was about to fire on Optimus just as he spoke. Kinda justifying the whole pulling his head off thing.)As for the scene with the wires...well, can you reach your feet while hanging upside down? (I tried to do so once, long story, it didn't work.) It was quite obviously an excuse to let everyone else shine, but it's physically impossible to do such an escape without being into gymnastics or aerobics. (And if you're a heavy robot with a trailer on your back, it...complicates things more.)

Pk57sNJ.jpg

I have. I don't mind either ending, really. Depends on your preference, whether you like the truce, or the killing. (Plus, if you look closely at that scene, Megatron was about to fire on Optimus just as he spoke. Kinda justifying the whole pulling his head off thing.)
That just makes Megatron look like a raving lunatic mentally impaired by the hole in his head. Looking at it that way, it could be seen as a mercy kill. Gee, that'd be a neat plot point! Maybe right before he kills him Optimus could've said something like, "What have you become, brother?" But that would be expecting way too much from the film.

As for the scene with the wires...well, can you reach your feet while hanging upside down? (I tried to do so once, long story, it didn't work.) It was quite obviously an excuse to let everyone else shine, but it's physically impossible to do such an escape without being into gymnastics or aerobics. (And if you're a heavy robot with a trailer on your back, it...complicates things more.)

No, but if I had giant swords attached to my arms that made them about 1/2 longer, I bet I could lean forward enough to do a quick *slice*. And if you're going to factor weight in, keep in mind that Optimus has a jetpack on him. Not to mention the guns, which he could've easily discharge to free himself. My explanation is tha he was just in a rage-fueled panic and couldn't function properly.

I have to admit, that's a great line. Still, you could see it as a mercy killing. I mean, he had a chunk of his brain pulled out, and he was about to fire on someone he couldn't defeat in such a weakened state. I personally saw it as "I have to end this right now, it's getting ridiculous." A jetpack isn't quite safe to use for bending over like that. He could end up slamming his face into his feet, and if a human tried it they would most definitely pull out just about every tendon in their legs. It would take very precise use of the jetpack.Like I said, it can be explained, but it's a rather lame excuse to get him offscreen for a while. They could have had him get shot into the river, which would render his jetpack dysfunctional (Megatron had turbines in ROTF, totally different) until he could get out and fix it. (That way he can still do his road rage entrance, and the excuse to let people shine doesn't seem like a plot hole to anyone who doesn't study such things.)So, it's obviously not a perfect movie, but not for the reasons most people bash it.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

Funnily enough, I'm actually watching the final battle of that movie right now :lol:I have to say the action scenes were totally awesome, whether the plot sucked or not. Except for Megatron, who is really messed up in this film and gets completely overshadowed by Sentinel.Is the book ending the one where Optimus and Megs team up to kill Sentinel with his own gun? Or is that the comic? Because I would definitely have liked to see that onscreen http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/cool.png

7145676001_761bb5e057_z.jpgThought id just share a quick pic of prime from my current webcomic

Waitaminute, I know you. "There is no room for heroes", right?On the subject of the movie, I liked it as an action movie, but it will never be my favorite universe. There are others I like much more.I think they did what they were supposed to, though. That is, dilute the Transformers mythology into a form that can be handled by casual fans or non-fans.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG