Bzprpg - Ko-Wahi

Friar Tuck

OOC: Yay! A reference to Kehuri! Don't know how Kethrye knew that, though, seeing as his resolve only really took off during his trip to Le-Koro. Anyways.

IC: Hjalmar

The Skakdi was out hunting for his next meal- since he'd sold his last one to the Vortixx he had met in Ko-Koro- but stopped in his tracks when he found something even better: A fight.

A Toa of Ice and a Toa of Plasma, locked in battle. Well, the Ice one was at least. Sprinting forward, not much caring for who was the good guy and who was the bad at the moment, he bellowed. He'd figure out who was who once he'd gotten them apart. He didn't really care whether he made the situation better or worse. He just wanted to get some adrenaline pumping!

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

Ic: Ambages rolled his eyes. "You still think I'm some sort of immoral character. Listen, Kethrye," he said, stopping and putting a hand on Kethrye's chest to stop him, "if you're on a path in search of corruption you're going to have to purge the half of this island's population that doesn't agree with your black and white views. Just because someone has a lot of money and is tactful in enterprise doesn't make them bad, and if you want to think that then I suggest you wake up and realize the reality isn't that cut and dry. We may follow the Principles, but we all have our philosophies. As a businessman and engineer, my ways will obviously work a bit different than yours as a leader and toa-hero... but that doesn't make me a bad person!

"You can't accept my assistance and also think of me as some sort of corrupt man -- that directly contradicts your philosophy. Think about what you're saying and what you're doing. Being brash and direct is not the course of action a leader must take. With Mahdrik gone you are a general, not a sergeant, and you must think like one. I'd be honoured to continue to help the Island Liberation Squad -- but only if we're on the same page. I'm willing to forget this unwelcome incursion if you're willing to set aside your irrational suspicions... Can we agree to this?"

IC: Clariax

Out of the corner of her eye, Clariax spotted Hjalmar sprinting towards her and the unknown person beneath her feet. Annoyed but also a bit excited at combat, Clariax turned to face her new foe.

And in a flash, she was gone, her mask now letting her be in front of Hjalmar's running form - legs out to trip the bigger Skakdi.

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

Guest CharlemagneXVI

IC: RyaRya looked in the direction Zenex was pointing and saw a small shop, with three axes lining it's doorway."Let's go have a look, then," Rya said.On the way over, Rya took one last look at the Kanohi Ruru - he thought, for the first time in a while, about the Matoran who originally wore it - and the Makuta that consumed him.Rya went into the axe shop, and roughly two minutes later, emerged carrying a long, thin axe. The axe had a curved handle made of four segments of Protodermis. The head of the axe was about afoot and a half in length, and shaped so it almost resembled a claw.The Toa of Fire pointed his new weapon in the air, shooting a stream of red hot flames from the end, testing how his weapon could channel his elemental energies.Rya smiled excitedly at Zenex.

IC: HjalmarReflexes weren't the Skakdi's strong point. His battle cry trailing off, he tumbled forward and back to his feet, an adrenaline-fueled smile pasted on his face (as in, the smile that is always on his face was adrenaline-fueled now. I mentioned he's always smiling, right?). He drew his axe.

BZPRPG Profiles

Guest ToaOfAwesome

EDIT: OOC: Darn it! I didn't see your last post, hope this still makes sense.

OOC: Whaaaaa? I was gonna do that exact thing with my Kualsi... oh well...

IC: "I may be acting stupid," smiled Masopix, "but I'm not in your face..." With that, Masopix activated his Kualsi, too. It took him energy, some of which he barely had, but he wasn't going far. "...I'm above it," he said. Masopix had teleported about a foot above Clariax. He landed on her, and immediately took out his shield. With not enough energy left at the moment to use any ice powers, Masopix viciously slammed his shield onto her back hard. Masopix started feeling weak, and only his determination kept him alive, until that started to die away. Just as he was about to try and escape, Masopix heard the ice crack under the weight. It was just a small crack, but then it started to grow. It spread like a vine growing at a million miles an hour. Then more emerged, until thousands of hairline cracks divided the ice up. He then did what anybody would do...

...he took a deep breath...

CRASH!!!

The ice shattered to pieces, and the two were sent tumbling into the water.

OOC: When in doubt, smash it out. :dazed: :gavel:

Edited by ToaOfAwesome

Guest CharlemagneXVI

IC: Rya"Looks like it works great," Zenex said. Rya nodded in agreement.The Toa of Fire became somewhat nervous when the Ko-Matoran began looking at him - but not that they seemed to accept his presence, they felt better."With this weapon, my combat power is doubled," Rya said, "but I'm still nowhere near ready enough to fight the Makuta and win. Although someday... I will. For the time being, though, I must get ready. And I think I'll start by forming that team I was talking about."At that moment, Rya began to think about the companion he had found in Zenex, and the assistance he offered him."Would you like to be a part of it?"

Guest ToaOfAwesome

IC: Masopix plunged into the cold water. Being a Toa of Ice, the temperature was not what worried him, it was his air. His lack of energy was not being helped by the fact that he was holding his breath. Releasing a short burst of air every ten seconds or so, Masopix managed to hold his breath long enough to paddle out of the water and climb up onto the ice. "Whoa!" Masopix coughed after gasping for air. Sword and shield still in hand, Masopix got a distance away from the water. He was unsure why he didn't run away, but for some reason he just couldn't leave. Some consolation for his decision was that he could feel his energy coming back to him, so he sat down and entered a meditative state of sorts, all the while ready to fight on a moment's notice.

Edited by ToaOfAwesome

OOC: Nice auto-hitting.

And no, it was sarcastic. I don't really compliment people for breaking rules. You can't role play other people's character - which you did by 1. making sure my character didn't move and 2. Writing about her armor breaking and her organic tissue breaking....

Oh, and if you didn't see the post, there's an 'Edit' option. And please, stop posting massive OOC text. I can read. And there's no need to see your pictures.

And that was when she struck. The previous attacks didn't have the effect Masopix had hoped for; quite simply, she'd teleported away far before Masopix had started to pummel her; the foolish Toa had, in his weakness, ended up breaking the ice underneath him, stressfully thinking it was her.

Well, that's too bad.

While water wasn't always formed in a crack in a frozen glacier, it was when melted by high temperatures. So Masopix all of a sudden felt his butt searing hot as a circle with a 3 meter radius formed around him, a circle of pure water.

And Clariax teleported in to Masopix, who no doubt was struggling, and performed a midair downwards kick upon his shoulder.

"Weak. Foolish. Disgraceful."

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

Guest ToaOfAwesome

OOC: sry im new.

IC: Masopix, his energy only partially regained, teleported a few feet away. He ran as fast as his feet wet could carry him, being careful not to slip. He new it was only supporting what his assailant was saying, but quite frankly, he just wanted to get away from there alive. He couldn't help but wonder in the back of his head why is she calling me disgraceful, she just attacked another Toa for no apparent reason, but he dismissed it as whining and didn't think much more of it. Making sure he didn't make the same ridiculous mistake as he made last time, Masopix made part of the ice burst. Not a big part, just about the size of a brick, but it was just enough to make the particles float into the air like a cloud of dust, temporarily hiding himself from view.

OOC: Doesn't excuse you from reading the rules.

In response to dust, Clariax heated up the area, melting the small particles nearly instantly. Masopix in full view.....

And then he was trapped, a cage of plasma around him. If he could still use his Kanohi after all the energy waster, he wouldn't be able to see anywhere but within the cage thanks to the bright glow.

He could, of course, teleport himself into the cage walls and burn himself. Fine by Clariax too.

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

IC: Eniblad - Ambages' House

Though unnoticed by the current occupants of the building, Eniblad had stopped his zealous paper-gathering in order to listen in on the debate going on between Kethrye and Ambages. Normally perplexed by the complicated terms and emotions used by most people, the hulking Toa couldn't help but notice the smooth tone of the Matoran's voice as he made his case to the ILF's leader, and realize how hauntingly familiar it was.

"People who help others can still be bad," the amnesiac announced suddenly, in the same blunt way a child does, before they learn about shame and embarrassment, "There was a being who said he would help me, but he just wanted to hurt me."

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

The Skakdi, spotting the two Toa a distance away, shuffled as quickly as he could towards them. "No hard feelings, I'm just dying for a fight!" He shouted, before firing his impact vision at the Toa of Plasma, grinning the whole time. I mentioned he's always grinning, right?

BZPRPG Profiles

Guest ToaOfAwesome

OOC: I did read them, actually, but I realize it would all sound like excuses, so I'm just going to drop that subject and make sure I don't do it again. Nice move, by the way (to both of you).

IC: Masopix examined his situation. Realizing there was no way out, he did something that some may not expect; he quietly strapped his sword and shield onto his back, and sat down. There he sat, unmoving, not breathing a word as he stared expressionlessly into the magnificent glow of his prison. His heartbeat slowed to a normal pace, his muscles relaxed. All the while he just stared into the cage with faraway eyes. He wasn't doing anything, he just sat waiting...

Edited by ToaOfAwesome

Seeing the ripple in the air, Clariax tried to leap out of the way, but was still sent flying backwards. Knowing that her concentration couldn't stabilize the plasma cage, she instead sent it all flowing downwards - through Masopix into the ice.

OOC: Then why did you do it? O.o

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

Not entirely sure what to do, Hjalmar aimed his axe at the falling plasma cage and fires a blast of blizzard winds at it, hoping it might help somehow. He didn't want anyone dying... yet.

Figuring it was about time he got an idea of what was going on, he shouted, "Who started it?"

BZPRPG Profiles

Guest ToaOfAwesome

OOC: THANK YOU!!!

IC: "It was her!" Masopix pointed at Clariax. He drew his sword and glared at her.

OOC: To answer your question, I didn't realize it would be auto-hitting at the time. I have to go to bed now, sorry.

OOC: Then did you read the rules? 0.o Oh, and Blizzards aren't gonna easily stop Plasma. Not that it can't...just.....read.

"Yes, I started the combat knowing full well I will win. I've been tracking the fool for several days now; he's been involved with illegal activity, and come in contact with several shady characters. The reason why I began the fight now is to make sure nobody is harmed; in a glacier waste like this, nobody will get hurt.....apart from those who train to restrain themselves."

Sure enough, Masopix was getting hurt; Blizzards couldn't truly stop plasma; Sure, it make make ice or water, but cold wind blowing didn't stop ionization from its path of destruction - and if it did...well, it'd still be boiling water that Masopix was standing in.

Of course, Hjalmar did save Masopix's life. Clariax didn't know what burns or scars Masopix might've endured from the intense heat - and the quick cooling that came afterwards - but right now, she didn't care.

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

IC-Iulius:

"Oh, you're about to move on to Ko-Koro, are you?" Iulius asked of Kaiapo, deactivating the Huna he'd been using, standing closer to the fire. "Why'd it take you so long to get into Ko-Wahi in the first place, though? Too much detouring to check out the nightlife of each Koro?"

IC (Kaiapo)

"Iulius." Kaiapo smiled.

He reached over and shook the Toa's hand. Iulius' grip was firm and strong.

"Perhaps you should have sent me more recent news in your letter," he said. "The cablecar spanning the Tren Krom Break was destroyed some time ago. This was the only other pass I knew of."

"Awww, I was hoping I might be saving a good person's life," he said with a joking grin. He did feel slightly dismayed by it, however. And the fact that his question seemed to have ended the battle. "Still, aren't you supposed to capture and not kill him?"

Edited by Marius Pontmercy

BZPRPG Profiles

Ic:

"People who help others can still be bad," [Eniblad] announced suddenly, in the same blunt way a child does, before they learn about shame and embarrassment, "There was a being who said he would help me, but he just wanted to hurt me."

"And that is very regretful," Ambages said with level head, giving the toa his momentary attention, "but you cannot judge all men based on the actions of one man. Do others bear the guilt manifested by the actions of one man? No. There are still many sincere beings on this land and I'd like to consider myself among them."

Guest ToaOfAwesome

OOC: I said, I did read the rules. Could you please stop asking? I apologized about and I edited what was wrong. Plus, I really don't want it to look I'm flaming or something, and having to explain over and over is getting annoying.

IC: Masopix fumed with anger at both himself and this troublesome enemy. What he was doing was far from illegal, but it was also far from safe to tell anybody, therefore he could not justify himself without risking his life, and he was pretty sure that she knew that.

Ever since he had first woken up without any memory, Masopix had always been a little blunt, making stupid mistakes when unprepared, but he was also very sensible and strategic at times, traits that Masopix was sure thrived back before the loss of his memory, and traits that he knew only time and experience could heal. Now he needed these traits most of all as he frantically tried to control himself. His energy was almost completely replenished by now, so Masopix was in danger of interpreting that as a reason to do something stupid... again.

He calmly put away his sword and shield, then said quietly "She's telling the truth... partly. I have, in fact been involved in activity of sorts, and I have also met a person. But what I'm doing isn't illegal, something that you, stranger, may or may not like. Nevertheless, I have no evidence that I'm willing to give up, at least, that will prove that what I say is true, so do with me what you wish," he turned to face Clariax, "but in case you know who this 'shady character' is already, let me say this; she's a loyal and honorable Toa, one that's so bound to the three virtues and the Toa code, that even the Great Beings themselves should be proud." Masopix turned to the Skakdi once more, awaiting a reply. All he hoped for was that Clariax didn't know who Toa Anoma was, and that she would never find her. It would be a dark day for the very idea of a Toa if someone were to kill a Toa so worthy of her title.

Guest ToaOfAwesome

IC: Masopix stood silently. He could not think of a way to respond that wouldn't undermine what he had just said by making him look openly hateful of Clariax. Being so was his right, but it was out of character, and contradicted himself. He waited for Hjalmar or Clariax to say something that would give him something to say. He felt uncomfortable being so close to someone who had just tried to kill him, and the blunt side of his brain suggested he run. But he had all the time in the world, time that he owed to this Skakdi who had saved his life.

OOC: Okay, I'm free-writing this... Oh dear. Go ahead and move us in your next post, Veef. Get the party rolling. :P

Maybe I should mention in a blog post my ideas for the "cities" of the koros... Hmm... I should do that... *adds to list*

also, I'm using my idea of Bionicle anatomy from now on. Here we GO! Just roll with it. :P I don't expect anyone to hop on the bandwagon, so no, I'm not trying to start one. :)

IC: Draeverian Joskiir

Each footstep resounded lightly off the walls of the stairwell leading from Ko-suva, a massive tunnel carved through the glaciers of Mt. Ihu that stretched from the Old District of Ko-Koro near the Walls of Prophecy upwards to where ice lay naked to the night sky. The form of direction was like Draeverian's thoughts, a group of overlapping principles pulled forward by a common theme. Rivet had abrogated her previous actions as desperation, a desire to pull him back from the brink of mental collapse. It had worked, though Draeverian couldn't help but feel disenchanted by the idea of her real freedom. However, what bothered him the most was a single group: the Peers.

He said Mata-Nui would be destroyed, Draeverian thought in reference to the matoran saboteur from Pala-Koro's night attack. Rivet sat on the by-lines giving nothing more than emotional support as the toa of sound mulled over the words, continuing to conjure the sensations of that evening. Everything had happened too fast. From the initial assault, engaging the vortixx assassin, and finally to the encounter with Hiemalis -- Draeverian shuddered slightly at the thought of such intense cold, pausing in the staircase to the chagrin of passing ko-koran acolytes -- when the Little One had revealed big plans. Destroyed in only twelve lunar cycles. That's... Why would someone attack a Great-Being?

Lunacy? Rivet postulated.

That's implicit with the act.

He passed a provisions merchant, the slight warmth from heat-stones flushing across the sensors of his carapace. Draeverian suddenly realized how little sleep he'd gotten in the past two days: none. Since Pala-koro had been reduced to a pile of protodermic cinders the toa of Sound had become the toa of insomnia, rushing from Koro to Koro with the seemingly indefatigable toa Aitua. There was another loop rushing through his mind -- the Aitua. Where did they come from? What are they hiding? After spending time with the shortest of their group, Draeverian realized just how different Mariko was from the rest of his team. For starters, he was friendly and somewhat outgoing, a trait every other member seemed to have lost before coming ashore. Tupua was distant, a cold-presense like the dead he controlled (an idea Rivet found intriguing against Draeverian's affects towards its immorality), and Aparangi was a narcissistic, hubris-stuffed tote bag of solid over-confidence.

Drae, you're choking me, Rivet croaked satirically, bringing him to the attention of how tightly he had gripped her hilt, his knuckles fading to a light silver as protodermis left the joints. Why don't you just ask Mariko, then?

Draeverian nodded his head, bobbing slightly in ascent to Rivet's question. I would, but I just don't seem to get the opportunity.

You must be busy, traipsing around in an attempt to stop deicide. I almost forgot. Rivet's tone was biting, a feminine drawl of contempt.

"Draeverian," a familiar voice called out, the ripples rushing outwards from the center of the old-district's square. More of a circle really, Draeverian thought with a slight chuckle at the use of language versus the reality it described. Wading through the passing matoran, their pace even more solemn out of grief for their fallen turaga, Draeverian quickly came abreast with his stocky comrade.

"He-yo, Mariko. What's the plan, and where'd the other's go," He replied, a slight grin spreading across his face. Rhymes always were his comfort.

IC-Iulius:

"Truly do I say that I only learned of the event once I got here myself, and by that point, sending another letter to you would prove...difficult," Iulius said, a wry twist to his mouth. "I, myself, came here from Le-Wahi." He shrugged, turning to view the others in the group, before nodding to himself.

"Good, good...Though I still wonder why it took you quite as long as it did. Did you run into trouble assembling all of our compatriots?"

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

OOC: Riiiiiiiiiiiight. Well, in any case, you also just ignored my attack there. If you didn't know.

"Capture and kill are different. So too, is severely disfigure." She turned to Masopix looking calm yet stern.....

And it was all an act. Clariax didn't know who 'she' was, not did she know who Masopix was. Clariax was here because of another person Masopix had met - and insultingly ignored instantly after said person saved his life.

"Branded, yes, but information low. We do know who she is, but before we move in we want more. It's the reason why I'm here - to capture her underling."She did note that Masopix was giving off far too much information. He was, in all essence, pretty dumb. But neither did she care. She was hoping Masopix would actually run away - with all the burns he's suffered from the plasma, plus the fact that he was standing in a pool of boiling, scalding water....

Pain.

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

Guest ToaOfAwesome

OOC: What attack?

IC: Masopix leaped from the puddle in pain. He quickly drew out his sword. His power now replenished, he formed thin sheets of ice on his feet to cool them down. It didn't do much, but he wasn't thinking about that.

Underling? Masopix thought, Why would she think I was her... And that was when Masopix realized... it was all an act... Clariax didn't know anything. "You're bluffing!" Masopix said, "You told a complete lie about me, and I fell for it!" Masopix couldn't help it, his rage at Clariax's humiliating him twice overrode his need to be sensible. He split his sword into two, then joined them at the hilts. He wasn't going to use it, though, and he wasn't going to run. He almost felt schizophrenic as his sensible side sneaked into his mind. He knew that his burns would keep him from running, it was painful to stand, but his power was a different story. Physically he was weak, preventing him from fighting or creating any of his element, mentally he was recharged and driven by an unpleasant mix of rage, fear, and adrenaline. He whipped around swiftly and teleported as far as he could see well twice. He could only imagine what this would do to him both mentally and physically, but hopefully it was a better fate than death... hopefully.

IC: I checked the rules... again, and no this was not auto hitting nor unrealistic. Don't worry, I'll make sure I almost die and then thank whoever attacked me. (since it's so hard to identify sarcasm in writing, let me make it clear that that last sentence was such. However, yes, I will make sure my guy doesn't just walk away from this unscathed.)

OOC:

Sure enough, Masopix was getting hurt; Blizzards couldn't truly stop plasma; Sure, it make make ice or water, but cold wind blowing didn't stop ionization from its path of destruction - and if it did...well, it'd still be boiling water that Masopix was standing in.

2 posts above. The pure amount of burns Plasma can do are potent, lethal, deadly.

Also, simply saying underling does not mean you can really know it's a lie. Kind of meta-gaming there.

She turned to Hjalmar. "No, it wasn't a lie. As I said before, we have limited information. And my guess of him being the underling was due to him being.....weak."

Clariax wasn't stupid. They were in Ko-Wahi. Wastes of glacier plains, all the way up to jagged mountains covered in frost and snow. It was more than easy to find prey here; just boring.

That, and Clariax was watching Masopix teleport away. Wondering if he really didn't know the limits of his own power, Clariax teleported in that same direction, half expecting Hjalmar to follow.

But catching up was no biggie, especially to a half-dead Toa like that. Teleporting once, she saw nothing in her immediate surroundings....so she teleported twice to see if Masopix was there.

Sure enough, he was.

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

IC:Ciarax would become aware, quite abruptly, that she was no longer alone with her quarry.

Rising up behind her was a veritable mountain, a dark gray mass looming in the snow. It seemed more statue than being, for no one could be that large, no one being could grow to such a size. The shape towered above her, a giant from the legends of old. It was unmoving, and could easily have been mistaken for an artifact long forgotten in the wastes, were it not for the piercing blue eyes that stared down at her."You disturb my domain. Why?" The sound cae from deep within his chest, rumbling through the barren land. The titan crossed his arms, allowing Ciarax a good look at for the first time. Each hand was almost as big as her head, clearly visible against his muscled torso. The hunter now seemed very small indeed, coming up merely to the being's chest, if even that.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: ClariaxSlowly, she turned around to the larger, calmer being. Fear came into being in the back of her mind, but more so than ever she saw this as an oppurtunity.She tilted her head to gaze at the larger being's eyes."I apologize if I disturbed you," she said in a monotone voice, her face not betraying her emotions.

Edited by JL v2

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

IC:"You misunderstand."A single, massive hand gestured toward Masopix. "This village, this Wahi, and the citizens within it are under my protection. You have forced me to invoke that protection.""Why?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC:"That is not an answer." The titan's eyes narrowed, and his hands lowering to his sides smoothly. "Nor is it enough of a reason for me to depart, and leave you to your cause."His words held an almost... Threatening edge.

fK5oqYf.jpg

Guest ToaOfAwesome

OOC: Actually, it's not meta gaming, my character pulling assumptions, good ones or not, from what you say is not meta gaming. Also, here's a link that shows the conversation I thought you were talking about when I believed you were following me. There is no way you could mistake me for an underling, supporting my character's assumption.

IC: Masopix looked around and jolted in fear. Masopix, frantic, Masopix teleported again. He did it over and over, losing count at three. He could feel it taking a toll on him, but he kept going. Finally he saw it... Ko-Koro. The place where he'd been attacked had been about half a mile away. He teleported again, right near the border of Ko-Koro. He started feeling faint, his tunnel vision growing. One last teleportation brought him somewhere inside Ko-Koro. He stayed awake long enough to see blurry figures of Matoran surrounding him, none of them having been accidentally fused into him during his teleportation, then he fainted in the snow, bleeding. A group of concerned Matoran surrounding him, with curious passersby walking over.

IC: Clariax"Capture and interrogation. Ever heard of it? That one has knowledge. Knowledge I can use to protect many others. Should you wish to challenge me about my claims......feel free."OOC: TOA, once again, your character is making an assumption. And.....really?

Edited by JL v2

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

OOC: Ah, ToA? I read the posts. And, regrettably, I must agree with JL. That is leaning far closer to metagaming than not. Assumptions are one thing. It is when those assumptions become unusually accurate there is a problem.IC:"That is not a valid reason. In fact, that is directly under the jurisdiction of the guard. If you insist upon chasing after him... I will be forced to stop you."

fK5oqYf.jpg