Bzprpg - Ko-Wahi

Friar Tuck

Guest ToaOfAwesome

OOC: If I know what you're talking about (pretty sure I don't) the assumption thing wasn't supposed to happen. While I was writing the post a whole bunch more comments (including that new guy) happened, and I didn't know until after I wrote it. And yes really. I checked (aaaaaaagain, for your sake) the rules again, and it's kinda stretching it but it's not impossible, seeing as how the location I started at was where I chose. You attacked me there. By doing this you basically agreed that it was wherever I had meant for it to be, which was, in fact, going to be about half a mile from Ko-Metru. I was going to go there in my next post before you attacked me. Basically, I was half dead... now I'm three quarters dead and in the care of the Ko-Matoran. None of this is against the rules. Goodbye, and, not to flame, but seriously, please just drop it.

IC: Masopix woke up in extreme pain. He was somewhere in a Ko-Koro building, with Matoran gazing over him. It was all blurry, though, and soon he found sleep grabbing at him again.

PS another post happened while I was writing this, don't know what it is yet...

OOC: for some reason, I found your OOC slightly insulting, Kray. For some reason....... :/ Anyways, ToA, there is no way you can reach Ko-Metru. In any case, I'm not mad that you went to Ko-Koro. Not hard to still find Masopix. My main issue would be the meta-gaming, which the "new guy" explains better than I do.IC: Clariax"Nothing is ever a valid reason. In any case, the man has escaped. Unless you are willing to tell me where he went, I shall take my leave."

Edited by JL v2

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

OOC: It wasn't intended as such. But you and I rarely agree on anything.IC:"That would be wise." Was the titan's only reply, before he vanished. Literally vanished, with no indication that he had ever been there, save a single pair of footprints in the snow.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC (Kaiapo)

"We did take longer than expected," the Toa of Earth admitted. "But our journey took less than a week, my friend. We came quickly, even with unexpected detours and stops along the way."

He stepped back, and gestured to the group.

"Iuilus, I am pleased to introduce Sur, Valria, Quada, and LoJak, some of whom you have already met. This trip would have been much shorter had I chose not to bring them along, but destiny, it seems, had different plans."

The Onu-Toa's green eyes glittered, his strong black arms folded across his chest. "I am of the tribe of earth, and the earth does not waste its time on coincidence. We believe in what we can see and hear and touch, not in the prophecies and idle talk of Ko-Koro. But... one Toa from each village, brother. This gathering, I believe, was meant to be."

Guest ToaOfAwesome

IC: Masopix was tormented by nightmares. Wether they were his past, future, or some story dreamed up by a madman, he did not know. Suddenly he sat up. All his burns were gone, and he was on the floor in the middle of a dark chamber. The only light sorce came from above, and illuminated only him. When he looked up to see what it was, Masopix saw that it was too bright to tell. He walked around, and the light followed him. It was so dark that it looked like he wasn't traveling, just walking in place. A Matoran with a light source like his walked into view. His light was dim, though, and Masopix could not make out the Matoran's features.

"You draw close, Masopix, keep going," the Matoran said.

"Close to what?" Masuko inquired.

"Your destiny..." the Matoran replied.

Masopix gazed at the Matoran, confused. "Who are you?" he asked cautiously.

"See for yourself," the Matoran offered. The light on the Matoran and, to Masopix's surprise, it was him as a Matoran. "I am your past... I am your destiny," said the Matoran, "Keep going..."

Masopix woke up. He sat bolt upright, his burns hurt so much it felt like they themselves were screaming with pain. A few Matoran rushed to his side. His vision was still blurry, but he could tell he was in a white room with a window overlooking a city. "Ko-Koro..." Masopix muttered.

Edited by ToaOfAwesome

Ic: Ambages blinked. What kind of a reply was that? Still, the moment was still delicate and required a surgeon's delicacy. He would get the cooperation he wanted later on. He removed his hand from Kethrye's chest and nodded. "Call off your people and then we will talk."

IC: Alfon

I glanced cautiously back and forth, from Ambages to Kethrye. The situation wasn't being handled with our best interest in mind and our new leader's behaviour certainly didn't help. I can't say I wasn't surprised however; I'd never seen him this way before. No longer was he the calm, casual doorman of the ILS but instead a man driven by his bitter emotions.

I was angry just as well but this situation was a double-edged sword if not properly managed. Right now, it was closer to cutting us than the wealthy Matoran and I really, really didn't want to walk out of here branded as a crook.

I put my hand on Kethrye's shoulder, hinting to do the rational thing at the moment.

IC: Kethyre (Ambages's Apartment)~

"My pleasure," Kethrye replied with a veneer of professional friendliness, nodding at Alfon's show of support and exiting the room. His smile dissipated the moment he left the architects's presence. It wasn't his pleasure, obviously, but keeping the suspect comfortable while they bided their time until Laryn returned from his investigations into Ambages's personal finances, hopefully with the kind of hard evidence they weren't finding in his home couldn't do any harm. And it would lessen the negatives affects of not finding any evidence too.

"Alright, search over," he announced to his men. Most seemed to have stopped on their own anyway, and searching the small apartment had hardly took long. "Stand guard at each of the exits, okay? I don't want anyone entering or exiting without us knowing about it."

He turned and headed back towards Ambages, loitering at the door of the back room to compose himself before entering. Maybe the architect is right, he thought. Innocent, no, he certainly wasn't, but he still might have a point. Maybe I have been letting my emotions get in the way of my duty.

Kethrye breathed in deeply, then exhaled. Logic, literal cold rationality, that's part of Toa of Ice's traditional shtick ,isn't it? he concluded. And keeping that in might prove helpful. Anger and passion may have their place, but this is not one of them. Ambages will pay for what he's done, but only if I'm able to keep a level head. Madrihk

For a moment, the Toa of Ice grinned. Funny, I'm taking the architects words as advice for engineering his downfall. Somehow I doubt that was what he intended. . .

"It's done," Kethrye said, strolling over to the architect.

Edited by The Onion Knight

IC-Iulius:

"Aye, well, it's certainly a good thing that you brought them," the Toa of Sonics said himself, nodding at Quada. "Because, I can't remember if I told you in that letter or not, but I actually was wanting to pull a team together." He grinned, slightly, before patting Kaiapo on the shoulder.

"My friend, it looks as though you've done all the hard work for me."

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC: Slannak

Slannak eagerly ran up to the strange scythe and picked it up. Sure enough, it seemed to turn off ghost mode and allowed her to touch it. She studied it closely to see if it had any special markings or whatever, like these mysterious magic weapons of MacGuffinness often did, but to her disappointment, it had no such things. In all honesty, it was really rather bland. She walked over to Kaithas. "So, what do we do now?"

Edited by DoctorCouch

IC:

Aparangi and Tupua continued to watch from their hidden vantage-point as the search continued inside. The two Aitua also continued to feel the dark presences nearby, but there was little they could do right now. Between the Architect, the ILF and whoever set off their extra-sense, their best bet was to wait and watch. Aparangi suggested an infiltration attempt but Tupua discouraged him quickly. After all, despite their rash behaviour, the ILF was their ally for now. They could easily talk to Kethrye later. It was something Aparangi planned on anyway. What the Karzhani had the Toa of ice been thinking? Before he could continue his thoughts though, Tupua nudged him in the side.

"Something's happening." he said. Aparangi looked as well and saw figures taking up positions outside of the house, forming a perimeter.

"Think they caught on to the visitors?"

"Maybe. Let's see what happens."

Aparangi nodded. The more information they could gather, the more they could use it later.

-------------------------------------------------

Mariko looked at Draeverian. The Toa of sonics looked different from usual...granted, he had never been a jolly giant, but there was something in his voice that sounded off, hinting at a problem.

"We decided to split up, Drae." Mariko answered the others question. "Not a favourite choice, but we can cover more ground that way, find out more and then bring it all back together later. Rewera, Ravage and Kehua are headed for Ga-Wahi and Aparangi and Tupua will stay here. And we're supposed to...ah, scratch that, I'll tell you later. What about you, where have you been? And how are you holding up?"

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC: Rya"Looks like it works great," Zenex said. Rya nodded in agreement.The Toa of Fire became somewhat nervous when the Ko-Matoran began looking at him - but not that they seemed to accept his presence, they felt better."With this weapon, my combat power is doubled," Rya said, "but I'm still nowhere near ready enough to fight the Makuta and win. Although someday... I will. For the time being, though, I must get ready. And I think I'll start by forming that team I was talking about."At that moment, Rya began to think about the companion he had found in Zenex, and the assistance he offered him."Would you like to be a part of it?"

I.C. Zenex reeled back for a moment. When he first walked up to the toa, he had thought it was going to be a simple meet and greet, then he would be on his way... But here was an opportunity. Zenex was a liar, but he still had a conscience, he, like all villains and crooks, still wanted deep in his soul to be a good being. He just lacked the willpower to do it. Light had not yet pierced this creature of darkness. Zenex thought for a moment. He had to start somewhere. And afterall, he was a little fond of the new toa he met.... Hmm....

"Well... I suppose I will. Frankly, I have nothing else to do with my life. And I do need a little bit of adventure."

IC: Kethyre (Ambages's Apartment)~

"My pleasure," Kethrye replied with a veneer of professional friendliness, nodding at Alfon's show of support and exiting the room. His smile dissipated the moment he left the architects's presence. It wasn't his pleasure, obviously, but keeping the suspect comfortable while they bided their time until Laryn returned from his investigations into Ambages's personal finances, hopefully with the kind of hard evidence they weren't finding in his home couldn't do any harm. And it would lessen the negatives affects of not finding any evidence too.

"Alright, search over," he announced to his men. Most seemed to have stopped on their own anyway, and searching the small apartment had hardly took long. "Stand guard at each of the exits, okay? I don't want anyone entering or exiting without us knowing about it."

He turned and headed back towards Ambages, loitering at the door of the back room to compose himself before entering. Maybe the architect is right, he thought. Innocent, no, he certainly wasn't, but he still might have a point. Maybe I have been letting my emotions get in the way of my duty.

Kethrye breathed in deeply, then exhaled. Logic, literal cold rationality, that's part of Toa of Ice's traditional shtick ,isn't it? he concluded. And keeping that in might prove helpful. Anger and passion may have their place, but this is not one of them. Ambages will pay for what he's done, but only if I'm able to keep a level head. Madrihk

For a moment, the Toa of Ice grinned. Funny, I'm taking the architects words as advice for engineering his downfall. Somehow I doubt that was what he intended. . .

"It's done," Kethrye said, strolling over to the architect.

I.C. Vompran nodded, and left the room. He stood guard outside with the other toa. It was a pity that the search was in vain.

He looked for a safe place to sit down, because he was tired of walking with an artificial foot, but thought it better to stand, lest he should freeze his rear sitting on snow.

elementalussal.png

IC: "Black Ice"

He stood there, looking down from Mount Ihu at its peak.

"These Matoran, are weak. They lack true purpose of what they can really do...is fight. They fight head on, not looking at one's Kanohi. When I rule this island, they shall bow down to me, and every island will fall, to, there, knees."

He creates an ice surfboard, and treads down the mountain.

gallery_110528_107_5250.jpg

IC: "Black Ice"

He soon was heading towards an edge of the mountain. Right before he went off the cliff, he jumped of the board, and created an ice bride to keep him from falling down. As he lands on the bridge, he sees something at the bottom of the mountain.

"There seems to be a challenger waiting for me. Lets see how well he fights."

OOC: He is still in Ko-Wahi, when he enters the gorge.

gallery_110528_107_5250.jpg

Guest CharlemagneXVI

IC: Rya"Excellent!" Rya exclaimed.The Toa of Fire knew this would only be the first step in his journey - but it had been a step nonetheless. Perhaps, with time and preparation, Rya might meet the Makuta again - and do what the Toa Mata never could."We'll need to train ourselves if we want to defeat someone as powerful as Makuta," Rya stated, "Perhaps we should go to Mount Ihu and see if there are any infected Rahi to fight."

I.C. Zenex

Zenex looked awkward. He wasn't a fighter he was a planner. But why not have a little fun? "As long as it's a small one. Don't wanna bite off more than we can chew on the first try."

They started toward the mount. "I suppose you should know JUST how powerful this Makuta we may one day fight is... Have you ever heard of Heunai? or the Toa Maru?"

EDIT: It would be impossible for Zenex to know of either of them.

Edited by Elemental Ussal

elementalussal.png

Draeverian motioned for Mariko to follow him out of the square, their course cutting behind snow-frosted buildings where matoran silently bartered through the strangeaccounting system of beads on a small wooden board, the festidious clattering of widgets being tallied rushing past in a flurry of shaking boards, like rain on a tin-roof. Something was wrong, Mariko could sense it. It wasn't a dark presense, but nonetheless it hovered about Draeverian like a fog.
"The Aitua's plan to split is dangerous," Draeverian said softly after they had left the Banker's ward, passing through the icy gateway into the emptier ward of meditation. Mariko instinctively leaned in closer to better hear his companion. "No matter the quest, unity is best. To return to broken pieces after so long is weakness." Aparangi, you fool, Draeverian thought, knowing full well who must have planned such an enterprise. Mariko was too duty-bound to object to his leader, and Tupua would not have rushed heedlessly across the island without planning first; this was the work of fire, rash and unpredictable.
"After Nuju lay in silence, I sought the company of light-ness. Stars, though blinded, may guide me, prophecies not written cannot bind me." It was a sort of code, one that Mariko was not entirely sure if he knew.
"Were you at the wall of Prophecy," He guessed, glancing around to see if they'd been followed. The unnerving presense around the toa of sound was wearing off on him, and he couldn't help but wonder what had caused such a change.
"No, no, and then perhaps yes. They say past-heroes wink on the luck of the next," Draeverian muttered somewhat idly as his hands waived slowly through the air, like wipers on a windshield. "I am like an Ash-Bear: tough. Don't worry 'bout how I'm holding up."
Why are you being so vague, Drae? Rivet asked petulantly. She had been listening, flowing freely from his mind to his sword as only a spirit could. She saw the undercurrent of this thoughts.
Draeverian stopped. The two had reached the opening to a tunnel into the glaciers, a path he had taken several times before. Above was a small sign which read onu-wahi tunnel, although he couldn't see it, Draeverian knew the words clearly. As he felt the warm air wafting from deep in the earth, he thought of the terrorist that had branded his name in the books of every ussal-rider, carved his features in the minds of every toa, and etched his words into the annals of criminal organizations: Kohra. His hands instintively formed into fists crushing his nails into the palm of his articulated hand. Le, Ta, Ga, Po, and Ko... That leaves Onu. Why me? Why would Aparangi send me... Oh.
"If we're going below, Mariko, it needs to be a covert run through the dirt: Or I'm bound to get hurt," He said at last, shocking Mariko by his knowledge of their destination. "You know what I did down there..."

Guest CharlemagneXVI

IC: Rya"You're probably right," Rya responded, "I only became a Toa a matter of hours ago... we don't want to catch anything too big."

Edited by CharlemagneXVI

IC-Iulius:

IC: LoJak

"Because, I can't remember if I told you in that letter or not, but I actually was wanting to pull a team together."

"My friend, it looks as though you've done all the hard work for me."

LoJak's curiosity was piqued, and he reflexively stood up a little straighter, forgetting about the pain in his side from his sparring with Valria. He wondered what it was Iulius was talking about, what kind of team he needed.

Like Kaiapo had said, their meeting seemed to be almost too perfect, chance throwing together so many individuals from different Koro's. They were a motley crew, that was to be certain - looking around, LoJak could see that original six Elements were not represented in the makeshift cave, and that everyone had vastly different life experiences. Still, the idea of this team coming into being for a noble purpose, and now the need for such a team... LoJak knew that his destiny lay before him, intertwined with the others. At least, he hoped so.

He spied at Valria out of the corner of his eye. Yes, he definitely hoped so.

"And what do you need a team like us for?" LoJak asked Iulius, grinning and half expecting what the answer might be.

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

kalmah.png

You are strong and kinda smart, but not too much

Which Barraki are you?

IC: (Valria)

I already spent a few minutes recovering after my workout with LoJak. Rolling my shoulders and neck I got up from the white ground and looked to Iulius with my arms crossed over each other. The Toa of Sonics was looking for a team of Toa and coincidentally Kaiapo had picked up one from each village? It was strangely coincidental, too coincidental. I awaited his answer to LoJak's question, wondering the same myself.

IC: (Alrin)

That of course was the issue. Switching around the tags would only throw them off for so long. When they did find out, find out that I had conspired with a known terrorist well...they would be searching all over this island for Kai and I. Still that was ultimately better than the Vortixx escaping on his own. I wouldn't be able to keep him under watch if I simply let him go. We'd both be wanted, but I honestly didn't care about being branded a criminal because I had a higher calling than law. The cold justice of Ko-Koro would strike down these conspirators, these criminals.

"At best we can switch the tags. Eventually they'll be able to sort it out and when they do they'll come after us, hard. We're going to have at least be one step ahead of them during our hunt. Currently we don't have much to go on, so if you have any other ideas, they would be appreciated.

gallery_99567_147_39590.jpg

IC:Kai ~Ko-Koro Morgue-ish Place~

"Well, anything drastic and/or strange and unusual happening would be a great place to start." Kai glanced around, keeping an eye out for any wandering guard members. "Also, can't you like, burn the place down or something? That would keep the Guard from noticing one less body..."

"I'll do it... If that is the choice of Stein's Gate!

I am the mad scientist, Hououin Kyouma!

Fooling the world is nothing to me!"

IC-Iulius:

"Why, what would you think? The general. Fighting evil and what not. Oh, and helping to rebuild Ko-Koro...which, as you can see, still needs a bit of work done." He grinned, after a moment, as the others looked at him with seeming apprehension.

"Yes, you heard correctly. I'm putting you up to manual labour as your first mission."

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC: Masopix stumbled out of the hospital and shielded his eyes as they adjusted to the sunlight. He had been recovering from his burns for days, and now he needed to get back to what he was doing again before he got in another fight. Making sure his sword and shield were securely strapped to his back, he made his way through Ko-Koro. I need to get to Ga-Koro, he thought, I've already wasted enough time.

Herro there, person.

How are you?

IC: Zakama"So Kaithas, what's the plan now?" Zakama asked the leader of the group;

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

IC- Verak - Ambages' Apartment

While Kethrye and the rest of the Island Liberation Front gathered around Ambages to make good on their uneasy alliance, Verak reclined in a piece of luxurious furniture facing a window. The window gave a fine view of the distant mountain that rose above the edge of Ko-Koro’s glaciers. He lazily watched the ancient, strong peaks as he swirled some sort of obscure alcoholic beverage almost violently enough to splash the liquid out of his glass.
He was bored out of his mind. He had planned for this expedition with the ILF to be fun and filled with excitement, but their search of Ambages’ apartment had proved disappointingly boring. He didn’t expect this awful group of do-gooders would ever get off their rears and go do something fun- they spent too much time practicing good manners and getting search permits and the like. He was so disappointed. If only they could shed the shackles of morality like he had.
Verak sighed. It just went to show why you should never plan anything. He had panned to follow the ILF, and look what happened. Sitting in a chair, consuming alcohol. Verak gazed at his liquid, as if trying to get the energy to take a drink. Nothing was interesting. He didn’t see the next thing to do. All of Ko-Koro, even, was one boring place filling with quiet matoran rebuilding from some terrorist attack. They weren’t even trying to arrest him!
`He groaned, his eyes still sliding over the distant moutnains. If only there was adventure for him.
It was at this point that the glass slid out of Verak’s hands onto the floor, shattering, sending tiny pieces of glass and amber fluid across the floor.
This was caused by a couple different things. One was Verak’s loose grip- his lethargy had him holding the glass as loose as possible.
The other was shock and disbelief, causing his eyes to widen and his grip to slacken even further.
He had just seen a brilliant light illuminate the sky. It wasn’t an explosion- no, it was light, a mini supernova, a star glowing briefly. It was so powerful that he saw it light up the sky even though half a mountain was between him and it. In radiated power, and just by watching it he could tell that something truly amazing was going on. It was true power.
The light was brief through, and no one else saw it since they weren’t looking out the window. But Verak had just seen the most powerful release of energy he had ever witnessed, and was not going to let it go unseen.
He kicked the broken base of the glass away as he hurriedly stood up and brushed past Ambages’ manservant and past the rest of the ILF. “Pleasure doin’ business with ye, and goodbye, brothers,” he hurriedly told them, saluting jauntily at Ambages and Kethye before backing himself out the door. “I’ll see myself out.”
Before anyone could reply he was gone, within moments back out in the cold, icy wind. Something was back inside him- a spark, a fire, a passion that was totally absent mere minutes ago. Verak was going to go find what caused that light in the sky. He was going on an adventure.
Nothing was going to stop him.

--------------   Tarrok | Korzaa | Verak | Kirik   --------------

IC (Echelon)

Echelon tapped his fingers against his staff impatiently. Whatever the ILF were doing in Ambages' house, they were clearly doing it slowly. The Necromancer was beginning to wonder whether it was worth talking to him at all...but then came that little voice in the back of his mind: no, stay here, the Master wills it.

Just as Echelon was resigning himself to wait however many more hours it took for the ILF to clear out, there snow was lit up all around, shining bright white as it reflected a flare of light from the south. Shielding his eyes with one hand, Echelon squinted against the glare. Nearby, Vidar and the Illusionist made similar movements, the illusions disguising the group flickering due to the latter. After a few seconds, the bright golden glow was extinguished, its greenish after-image remaining burned into their retinas. The group straightened up, blinking a little after the blinding flash.

"For an island dominated by Shadow," remarked the Illusionist warily, "that looked an awful lot like..."

"...Light," Echelon finished grimly. "If such things exist."

"It can't be," said Vidar doubtfully. "Elemental Light is just a myth."

"So is Shadow," Echelon mused, "and yet our black friend is proof otherwise. Once, I would have agreed with you, Vidar; but if Shadow is real, then it tends to suggest that its counterpart is also..."

"Has our Master said anything?" the Dark Toa of Air asked.

"Nothing. And yet..."

The Necromancer closed his eyes, fingers pressed to his temple, concentrating.

"I sense that the Dark Lord is making preparations," he said. "what for, I do not know...he has not deigned to reveal that to me...his only message is that his 'final victory is at hand'."

He opened his eyes, turning his gaze back to Vidar.

"We should gather at the Kini-Nui," Echelon said. "A new Toa Team...strange flashes of light...Makuta's 'final victory'...something important is happening and whatever it is, it's centred there."

Echelon didn't say it - in fact, he barely even thought it thanks to the pressing presence of Makuta's influence in his mind - but he felt slightly...uneasy. Makuta was confident that matters were in hand; after all, he was indisputably the most powerful being on the island; but the Necromancer still had a sense of foreboding.

Raising the Control Stone to his mouth, he muttered a few short orders and Utu began to move, like a stalking Muaka. Echelon, his robes fluttering a little in the freezing wind, strode in front of him. The Illusionist quickly followed suit.

The group moved away from the village's walls, their path taking them southwards towards the source of the flash and the crux of the threads of destiny that were, even now, being pulled together...Kini-Nui.

OOC: Echelon & co to Kini-Nui

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC:

Kethrye turned from Ambages as Verak stormed past them, babbling somethings about seeing himself out. Kethrye's brow furrowed quizzically as the Po-Toa saluted and disappeared through the apartment doors. Someone's getting antsy.

The ILF leader shrugged and turned back to Ambages, waiting for the other to break the awkward silence with a reply to his questions.

More time spent standing here is more time for Laryn to get back here, so there's no need to rush.

Edited by Javert

IC: Eniblad - Outside Ambages' Home

It had been a long day for Peho Eniblad, and the night was most likely going to be even longer.

Darkness had already crept over the prodigious glaciers and the vast fields of snow which characterized Ko-Wahi, revealing pinpoint dots of light spread across the stark landscape. Twinkling stars pierced the inky black sky and the warm fires and lightstones of Ko-Koro guarded the village's occupants from the night. It was an awe-inspiring scene, especially for someone as unfamiliar to the world as Eniblad.

This was the first evening knowingly experienced by the unknown Toa, and thus, would always hold a special place in his heart (at least until another night whose speciality surpassed this one came by, but that was probably not going to happen soon). But that was not the sole reason it would be unique; no, this particular evening represented the first time that Eniblad felt whole.

It was a strange feeling, a wondrous feeling, and while it would disappear as soon as the next challenge presented itself, for now it was here, and that was not something to be overlooked. Brief happiness is of course, better than anticipated misery.

He had companions to interact with (which is what his friend had suggested), he had a purpose (finding clues against Ambages) and he had an identity: Peho Eniblad, the Toa.

Rising up to full height, the amnesiac flung his arms out and raised his head to the heavens, shouting, "I am Toa Peho Eniblad!"

For a moment, the boast hung in the still winter air. Then, as if in response, the world exploded into light, quite nearly blinding the newly-christened Toa, and most definitely sending him tumbling into the snow.

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC- Verak - Mount Ihu

The biggest problem with the Matoran language was that there was only one word for pain. When you said it, you could mean any number of things. There was the pain you felt when your hands were raw from rubbing against harsh rock, that stinging feeling that tingled a bit. There was the pain of the cold wind whipping bits of snow into your body, the pieces of snow and ice feeling like tiny rocks and hurting far more than they should. There was the feeling of cold air chilling your armor and freezing your skin. There was that burning feeling coming from being pressed against raw ice, and the burning feeling you get in your muscles when you’ve overextended yourself, or the ache in your side from cardiovascular exhaustion. There was the pain of a reopened wound or the pain of a hastily made bandage rubbing against a huge scab.
All these sensations were clawing at Verak’s body and he climbed the slopes of mount Ihu. To say he was in pain would be an understatement- obviously, many more words for pain were needed to accurately describe his condition.
Usually, this sort of condition would prompt him to turn back, but Verak was not in a usual condition. There was something else in him, burning much stronger than the sum of all his separate pains. Something far more important than his excruciating wounds from a week ago or the fact that he had trouble using his left leg. He didn’t mind any of that, because something else was burning so strongly the rest of his pain was being washed away.
It was his curiosity.
Verak had seen a flash light up the sky like a beacon, glowing with impossible strength. It had been amazing- and Verak could not even imagine what had caused it. No Vortixx tech was that strong, and both the gods of the island were relatively dormant. Even a Toa going Nova would not make that sort of light, for there was no such thing as a Toa of light or energy.
Or was there…
His mind jerked back to the present as his wounded left leg slipped out of it’s icy foothold, leaving him hanging to the cliff edge with only one hand. Verak shouted in denial of his pain as the feeling in his arm became excruciating. He knew the limits of his strength, and now he had gone far beyond his limits. Yet, somehow, he held on, driven now by the motivation of survival.
He other arm soon joined the first in the small icy intent in the cliff face, and his feet soon found purchase on the slope. With a steely grimace, he pulled himself upwards. There was no going back now- going up was faster that going down. It was the only way forwards.
It wasn’t long before he pulled himself onto the top of the cliff, only to see another icy cliff in his path. He took a halfhearted step forwards, and his legs collapsed under him, unable to support his weight. He lay in the ground, taking the pebbles of ice and snow thrown violently at him by the ice and snow.
A cold feeling seeped into his bones as he lay there, looking at the clear night sky, his chest heaving. His body refused to go any further. Smothered by exhaustion, he asked himself why it mattered. What was it about that light?
Verak closed his eyes and remembered it. It was more than an explosion of energy- it was a signal. A gleaming sign for him, pointing the way. It was a promise of adventure and excitement and mystery, beckoning him to come see.
Verak wanted to find out what it was, and he was going to find it. He had decided. Nothing, nothing was going to get in his way. Nothing was going to stop him. He had never let anything make his decisions for him, not society, not other people, and not nature. He was a Toa. He was a free spirit. The master of his own Destiny. Was this mountain trying to tell him what to do? Who did it think it was?
With a grunt, Verak pulled himself to his feet, denying the pain coursing through his body
“Don’t tell me what I CAN”T DO!” Verak roared into the wind.
Then he threw himself against the icy surface, using every remaining ounce of strength to pull himself higher and higher, laughing as he conquered the mountain.
Every inch higher he came, his pain grew, but so did his determination.
Painful minutes, that seemed to him like long hours stretched on- soon he had forgotten what he was doing, what was at the end, and what was before. Every inch of him had become devoted to slowly climbing, Reaching for the next handhold. He was in a rhythm, doing nothing but pulling himself up, ignoring the pain screaming for him to stop.
Nothing can tell me what to do.
I decide my Destiny.
With one final heave, Verak found himself on top of the ridge, laughing maniacally in victory. Below him stretched the rocky slope down to the jungle filled valley where the Kini-Nui temple sat.
He had made it.
He shouted a cry of exultation to the wind, boasting of his victory. He had DONE it! Before him lay adventure, excitement.
“I did it! I’m unstoppable!”
Verak lay down in the soft snow and rested after his victory.
OOC
EDIT- Oh, and Verak to Kini-Nui
Edited by Visaru

--------------   Tarrok | Korzaa | Verak | Kirik   --------------

IC: (Valria)

I smiled back. If the matoran needed rebuilding then we would. I got up from my place on the ground, standing up as straight as I could comfortably, yawning a bit as I stretched out. I couldn't help but smile at the mission I received. I had been granted a purpose, a duty.. Which in the end, wasn't that what I was looking for? Helping the matoran was a part of being a Toa. It was part of our duty to Mata Nui and to ourselves. To help those in need. Maybe too I could actually start accomplishing something and helping people. Instead of being dead weight, like I had been for so long. I looked to the rest of the group from the gunmetal Toa of Magnetism known as Quada to the healer, Sur. There was also Kaiapo, the kind Toa of Earth who had gathered all of us. Finally there was the most recent addition to our group. LoJak, the Toa of Fire who had been helpful, he also gave me something, something probably didn't realize yet. I was already thanking him, silently of course. Then my eyes shifted back to Iulius, who like Kaiapo had this leader-like quality and a pleasant glint in his eyes.

"When do we leave for Ko-Koro?" I asked the teal Toa of Sonics.

gallery_99567_147_39590.jpg

IC: LoJak

Although their first mission as a team would involve manual labor, LoJak couldn't be happier. Here he was, with five other like-minded individuals seeking their destiny, beginning with the rebuilding of a Koro. He had wasted so much of his life, pursing money and alcohol, almost completely ignoring the plight of Mata-Nui and the Matoran of the island. But no longer. His destiny was clearly before him, and he would not let it out of his sight. He opened his mouth to ask Iulius when they could begin the work, but Valria managed to ask first.

"When do we leave for Ko-Koro?"

LoJak closed his mouth and smiled. He was happy Valria was on the team. The scars on her face hinted at a story that was similar to LoJak's, if not in details than at least in the fact that it ended with both of them here, together with a team pursuing their destiny.

Suddenly everything started to get brighter. Light was reflected off the snow-capped peaks of Ko-Wahi into the makeshift cave LoJak and the others were resting in. It quickly reached a climax, completely blinding all six Toa and eclipsing the fire LoJak had made entirely. It subsided, although it took LoJak's eyes nearly half a minute to recover from the unforseen glare.

"A good omen if I've ever seen one" LoJak commented as the others blinked away their blindness.

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

kalmah.png

You are strong and kinda smart, but not too much

Which Barraki are you?