Bohrok shields

Can non-Bohrok use Bohrok shields? And can one type of Bohrok use another type's shields, like say a Kohrak with fire shields? And how would these rules differ with Kal shields? Just wondering.

Want to solve an exciting murder mystery? Try Murder Mansion II, a new game in Games and Trivia! 8 Spots remaining!

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/19274-murder-mansion/?do=findComment&comment=964351

I was never under the impression that the Bohrok could let go of the shields; I always thought they were attached to their hands. Same with the Kal - no Bohrok has been depicted without them, have they?

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

The shields are part of their hands - if you rip them off, you basically break the robot. They wouldn't be able to channel their powers without them and would thus be ruined. And replacing the shields would take some careful engineering, a process no one is going to perform.

Abut after doing some complicated rebuilding and switching shields, there are two possibilities what might happen:

1. The shield and the Bohrok are incompatible and remains broken

2. The Bohrok can channel its power through the different shield

I'm guessing the first one.

Is it confirmed they can't put down the shields? I'd like to see a Greg quote on that.

Can do, although it's denied. :P

Are Bohrok and Bohrok-Kal handshields part of the Bohrok itself, or tools that they carry? Because I have seen many pictures of Bohrok with the wrong shields, and Bohrok shields are connected to the same pieces that are used as Toa Nuva, Rahkshi, and Matoran hands. So could a Toa take a shield from a defeated Bohrok?

Yes.

Along similiar lines:

2.)Can Bohrok shields be used by others?

2) No

Edited by fishers64

Okay, so that doesn't answer whether a Gahlok can use an Acid shield, etc. or whether regular Bohrok can use Kal shields or vice versa. But thanks for answering part of it.

Want to solve an exciting murder mystery? Try Murder Mansion II, a new game in Games and Trivia! 8 Spots remaining!

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/19274-murder-mansion/?do=findComment&comment=964351

Well, that's the only two Bohrok shield references in the OGDs. :P (Also tried Bohrok-Kal shields FTR) I say that you could probably swap the sheilds, and it wouldn't matter, but it wouldn't change the Bohrok's power. For example, if I took a Pahrak-Kal sheild and gave it to a Lehvak, he could still use the sheild, but if the Bohrok used his powers, the acid would come out of the sheild, not plasma. Here's why:

17. How is a Bohrok-Kal stronger than a normal bohrok? BOHROK-KAL CAN FUNCTION INDEPENDENTLY OF THE BAHRAG, BOHROK CANNOT, AND THEIR KRANA-KAL ARE CAPABLE OF COMMUNICATION WITH OTHER SPECIES, BOHROK’S ARE NOT.

Notice it mentions nothing about the shields. I don't think there is anything special about them. It's possible that those specific shields might be better off for those specific powers, though. For example, Lehvak shields might melt if Pahrak-Kal tried to channel plasma through them. :shrugs: I tend to doubt it though, re: the above quote.