Bionicle GBA Games

I had Matoran Adventures as well as Quest for the Toa. The latter had more depth, but was hideously buggy. It could be hard to tell where the ground ended and bottomless pits/lava began, making it hard to gauge whether you could make a jump, and both the graphics and controls suffered due to the choice to run with an isometric viewpoint and the attempt to make the enemies and characters set accurate on such a low-res screen. Matoran Adventures, on the other hand, was a much more basic game, being a somewhat-generic platformer, but was much prettier in part due to the crisper graphics.I also had Bionicle Heroes for the DS, which was decent enough for my first playthrough but had little to offer in terms of replay value (which was a shame, since unlockables depended on random drops and thus you were unlikely to get the tiles you needed the first time you played a level).

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I have the original game, and Matoran Adventures, and Maze of Shadows. I've never really played the latter two... I'll always have an attachment to the first game though. It's funny how many titles it went through. It was released as 'Lego BIONICLE,' then someone decided it should have a real title, so they called it 'Tales of the Tohunga' online until the whole Maori debacle... and now, officially it's 'Quest for the Toa.' The game itself doesn't call itself anything other than Lego BIONICLE though.

Has following the story become too complex? Look no further:

How to Follow BIONICLE

A Simple, chronological checklist

UPDATE May 22 2013: Every is now color coded!

Contains every bit of content, organized by story year

I've got all of them except for Heroes. Shame, since it seems to be the best one. :

Was Heroes even that good on the Game Boy Advance? My experience with the Game Boy Advance Traveler's Tales Lego games was... not the best. I haven't seen many people talking up the GBA Bionicle Heroes, to be sure.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

• 4 weeks later...

I have Quest for the Toa, Matoran Adventures, and Heroes. I am missing Maze of Shadows, although I am ordering it from eBay.

I haven't played Matoran Adventures very much, but I do like it. I'm still on the first level. :D I have beaten Quest for the Toa and Heroes. I love both those games.

Edited by Trydeltix
Bliss.png

I've got all of them except for Heroes. Shame, since it seems to be the best one. :

No dude, Maze of Shadows was the best. It was actually sometimes fun a little bit.

So, I beat LEGO BIONICLE, Matoran Adventures, and Maze of Shadows, I 100%ed Heroes for GBA (though it was the only game that had more to do than just beat it), and I can't figure out what the heck I'm supposed to be doing in BIONICLE: The Game for GBA. I beat Makuta using the password system to skip to his battle, but that's it. I just died in every other level with no idea what it was I was supposed to be doing.

I have all of them.

Matoran Adventures is perhaps my favorite one, putting aside the fact Onepu is almost imposible to unlock, that is.

Tales of the Tohunga is pretty fun as well, my second favorite. Good, relatively easy, not hard to get around with the controls.

BIONICLE: The Game was pretty fun too being my third favorite. After you get around with the messy controls and the worst isometrics in a game EVER.

Maze of Shadows I've never won. Hard as heck. Still, the fights against the Rahi were pretty good, and I love the way the Toa look. They look comic-style, yet set accurate.

Bionicle Heroes... it was a bit too long and extremely repetitive. EXTREMELY.

-G u u R a h K

I have all of them.

Matoran Adventures is perhaps my favorite one, putting aside the fact Onepu is almost imposible to unlock, that is.

Tales of the Tohunga is pretty fun as well, my second favorite. Good, relatively easy, not hard to get around with the controls.

BIONICLE: The Game was pretty fun too being my third favorite. After you get around with the messy controls and the worst isometrics in a game EVER.

Maze of Shadows I've never won. Hard as heck. Still, the fights against the Rahi were pretty good, and I love the way the Toa look. They look comic-style, yet set accurate.

How was Maze of Shadows hard? And how does one get around the horrible everything in BIONICLE: The Game? I can't even make a simple jump in that game because of the isometric camera.

I have all of them.

How was Maze of Shadows hard? And how does one get around the horrible everything in BIONICLE: The Game? I can't even make a simple jump in that game because of the isometric camera.

Maze of Shadows was pretty hard. Espceially when i got into that part when Nuju would decide to act like a jerk and don't move stuff any further than a certain point. XD

BIONICLE The Game is pretty easy once you get around with the isometric camera. Just do everything the opposite way that you'd normally do it (LOL true story) and time it carefully.

-G u u R a h K

I have all of them.

Maze of Shadows was pretty hard. Espceially when i got into that part when Nuju would decide to act like a ###### and don't move stuff any further than a certain point. XD

BIONICLE The Game is pretty easy once you get around with the isometric camera. Just do everything the opposite way that you'd normally do it (LOL true story) and time it carefully.

You mean how Nuju was forced to keep objects on the screen? That was pretty annoying, I guess.

But BIONICLE: The Game was so difficult. I couldn't judge whether or not I was above anything, and there were too many enemies, and I still have no idea what it was I was supposed to even be doing in the insanely large levels.

I have all of them.

Maze of Shadows was pretty hard. Espceially when i got into that part when Nuju would decide to act like a ###### and don't move stuff any further than a certain point. XD

You mean how Nuju was forced to keep objects on the screen? That was pretty annoying, I guess.

But BIONICLE: The Game was so difficult. I couldn't judge whether or not I was above anything, and there were too many enemies, and I still have no idea what it was I was supposed to even be doing in the insanely large levels.

Lol. Different points of view I guess. (pun intended)

-G u u R a h K

I have all of them.

Lol. Different points of view I guess. (pun intended)

Haha, good pun. I always hated that darn isometric camera... I didn't think BIONICLE: The Game was overly difficult. A bit more than average, but it wasn't impossible.

Bliss.png

• 2 weeks later...