BZPRPG - Ta-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: Marda

Marda stared at the newcomer for a moment before laughing out loud. Just as she'd expected, they thought she was being rude, and if there was anything that made people show their true colors it was someone being rude. When her laughter died down she continued to smile.

"I like you, newbie. Tell you what, you promise to help us fight off anything in our way and you're welcome with us anytime. The name's Marda. Marda Belatroja." she said, holding out a hand.

IC: Voran

He grinned even wider. " Fighting? You don't have to worry about that. " He held out his hand. "I'm Voran." He said.

Edited by -Vesok-

IC: Mekana

Mekana couldn't see anything from inside the cart, every time the cart hit a bump she did her best not to make any sounds that would blow her cover. 

I just hope the nurse doesn't go into the room before we clear the hospital...

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC

Toa Joske

Chapter One: Crystals, Temples, Secrets... oh my.

I took a deep breath.

One...

I clenched and unclenched my fists.

Two...

I closed my eyes and exhaled through my nose.

Three...

I pursed my lips as the rest of the air escaped my lungs, opening my eyes halfway.

Release.

In that moment I let it go. It wasn't worth it. There were much bigger things at stake than my own comfort zone. Besides, this was typical Dor, I had to remember that. Without a second thought he was willing to help me, and that meant something. Though the fact Skyra was holding back a laugh-

Let it go.

Right.

I turned to her, raising an eyebrow and I bounced on my toes, pulling out my disk launcher. As I reloaded I rolled my eyes, turning at the same time and casually following the assassin I had starting calling a friend. This was either one of my most brilliant plans to date or it was going to end terribly. What really got me was that fact that he had a sniper rifle just sitting on the loveseat... out in the open... apparently loaded.

Suddenly I felt a little better that he liked me rather than disliked me. Then I remembered the smooch.

Only a little.

"Coming?" I asked to Skyra, glancing behind me quickly as I did, Dor ahead of me and to the left. With a much concentration that I could muster, I activated my mask.

We need to kill this thing before it can report back to Zaktan.

I saw it glow, then fade away. I frowned, wondering if that was all that was required. This mask was such an enigma... it seemed to work when I wasn't thinking, yet whenever I tried to use it directly things didn't quite work out how I imagined it (Reo's karate practice coming predominately to mind) or not at all.

I guess we'll find out, won't we?

Edited by Friar Tuck

Living large... like clown-shoe size large. Complete with nose, rainbow-colored hair, and a bottle of seltzer water.

tumblr_lrgowllgeP1qzda76o1_500.jpg

IC: Skyra

I pulled out my blunderbuss from it's holster, quickly stuffing some pellets into the barrel and cocking the weapon. "Of course." I turned to look at the two Skakdi still in the room. "Laters." 

I went out into the streets without another word, just behind Joske. I hadn't faced a Rahkshi since Le-koro had been attacked by an army of them all those months ago, when the Maru defeated Makuta. This time though it was just one Rahkshi against three crazy Toa with questionable sexuality, how hard could it be? 

Edited by Skitty

IC:

"I try, I try." Angelus laughed the joke off and, shaking his head, quickly became more business-minded. "Hope nobody's heard anything from the Akiri yet. Chances are he's asked for me by now, actually...Kino, we're gonna have to head over there. Jolek...were you in the fight?"

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC:

Angelus' head almost audibly made the noise of a cracking whip when he turned to look at Jol Highwind again. His eyes scanned the Toa of Magnetism up and down a couple times before rolling back to Kino.

"Well, that's great," he said after a second, furrowing his brow. "Think you could give us anything on whatever Skakdi you saw?"

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

Listen: you've read me for a while now, yeah? Gotten plenty acquainted with my breezy charm? My scathing, topical wit? My towering, but welcoming, intellect? My narrative excellence? My endearing prose? My considerateness towards you, dear reader (I mean, karz, do I have to be writing this for you? Do I have to tell you every little genius thought that runs through the old noggin? No; you oughta feel blessed to be privy to my tale as it's told)? Yeah, you think you know me. Well, news flash people: you don't know me. Because you ain't seen me get mad yet. You've seen me on the job kill little old ladies; you've seen me pull pranks the likes of which you've never imagined; you've seen me stare down genocide with a grin. I don't care about people, so maybe I'm not people (let's be real, I'm almost definitely on a higher tier than most of y'all snitches). But like people, I can be mad.

I already said, just in my last installment, that anger's a waste of time, and that there's none of it a few shots of one kind or another won't fix. But I'm also a Skakdi, and if there's one thing Skakdi're really, really good at, it's being angry. Seriously, savagely angry. Barehanded decapitation without wearing an apron angry. I'm-gonna-pull-your-eyeballs-out-through-your-toenails-and-make-you-drink-the-resultant-smoothie angry.

The Containment Sphere finally melted around me, but nobody, not even trusty Sodium ("Na," geddit) paid any attention. They were all too preoccupied with another newcomer, one of Poorian's (Poorian because we're all about to feel real sorry for him, geddit) boy toys, if that smooch was to be believed. The part of me that didn't want to scrape something's guts out with a blunt shovel wondered cursorily how many men were in Dor-Dor's life, and prepared to formulate a pun about it. But unfortunately, my better nature had been long since drowned, drowned by the blood that rose in my throat with the power of a sea to explode past my gaze in a violent spray. I guess opera music and being seriously ticked elicit my best syntax. Whatever. The point is this; the new guy's panted words about who-even-cares drew eyes and ears away from me.

Hey, reader, you know what makes me wanna, I dunno, play ping pong with your spleen? When you don't look at me. Yeah, you. Not that other reader over there. I seriously mean you, stupid. Look at me. You, who's reading this, I'm talking to you. That spleen's lookin' pretty bouncy. YOU; what part of that don't you get? I see you, your face is all whitey-blue lit. I know who you are. I know where you are. I see you.

YOU.

LOOK

AT

ME.

...Now, was that so hard?

While everyone directed their worthless, tasteless attention to the inferior life form whose only virtue (and a shaky one, might I be so egregious as to add) seemed to be his novelty, I scowled, grabbed the near-empty bottle on the table next to me, and followed my own instructions by trying to banish my anger with a shot. Alas, a swig of happy-juice didn't do much to quell the not-so-happy-juice that'd started boiling up in my gut the second Mr. Superiority dared touch my gold tooth. Who even does that? That's what really set me off, lemme tell you. Disses didn't help, fine, I'll admit it. Dor learned from the best; I hadn't anticipated the kind of fire he'd spat (and while I could cleverly counter all his jibes here for your benefit, the boss - Mr. Mad-As-Karz - tells me there isn't time to narratively smell the flowers).

Whatever the case, I digress; his words were just fuel to the fire. He touched my freakin' tooth. That was straight unforgivable. You wanna play the tooth game, Shaddick? I'll tie you down with barbed wire (or scarves, for symbolism), yank each and every one of your bitsy less-than-pearlies out with rusty pliers, taking my time so that you can't just pass out from the pain or blood loss. I'll throw you off a seaside cliff with weights tied around your ankles and watch you sink, the water above you bubbling brown as the last of your blood and life-breath escapes your screaming mouth. I'll watch the sharks, drawn by the bleeding, accelerate your death and take your flesh from you mouthful by mouthful. And then I'd make a fortune on the designer jewelery I made outa your teeth. Yeah, let's play the tooth game, sissy.

At the behest of the Toa of Fire's pleas, Dor-Dor turned away from me with infuriating disregard and ambled out onto the street, like it was over. But it wasn't over between us, not that easy. Not by a long shot.

Long shot. His sniper rifle. Heh.

See, it's funny because when I tackled him from behind as he turned into the street, I grabbed the butt of the rifle that hung at his shoulder and pounded it down with all my strength at his head. His stupid, big fat tooth-grabbing stupid head. I hated his stupid face.

Anger's a heckuva drug.

Edited by Nuju Metru
  • Upvote 3

test2.png

OOC: ######... this interaction has been going so slowly for so long I've become complacent. Way to crash the party Joske. I go to sleep for one night and find an entire page of new posts. Time to play catchup. 

IC: Natharius.

Natharius had no real idea what was going on anymore. Everything was happening so fast; who was the new guy, where had he come from, why had Dorian kissed him, what was he talking about? And then Grokk had flipped out and attacked Dorian the second the containment sphere had evaporated. This was getting way out of hand. And what the heck was a Rahkshi? If the new guy was telling the truth about one of them following him, then Natharius figured he was going to find out real soon. But should he help Grokk before the unknown creature arrived? Remembering what Skyra had said upstairs about Grokk dragging him down, he hesitated, uncertain. This was a delicate situation, and if he picked a side, he might end up choosing the wrong one. Right now, he wasn't even sure if there was a right side in this fight. 

Backing away a little, Natharius silently drew his sword.

He had a feeling that he would be needing it soon.

IC: Zaara.

"So, it's settled then?" Zaara asked, smirking at the new arrival's enthusiasm. "We're all heading to Le-Wahi?" 

Edited by NatoGreavesy

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

"Oh ######!" We hadn't gone a block down the street and all karz was breaking loose already. Grokk had come from out of nowhere and tackled Dorian right in the middle of the street. He looked angry, really angry. I was pretty clear he was gonna beat the ###### out of Dorian if he had his way. 

Not if I can help it. I returned my blunderbuss to my hostler as a raised a hand and sent a blast of air toward Grokk. With any luck the force of the blast would push Grokk off of Dorian before he beat his face to a pulp. 

IC: Mekana

"Don't call your inn a prison...please!" She cried, not sure what the emotional outburst was about herself.  

Edited by Skitty

IC:

Oh, is that supposed to mean something?

Sorry, after the scrap in the catacombs with Brykon, biting down my lip and drawing blood with my (still perfect, ###### you and your 'best shot!') teeth down my chin felt like a cool breeze.

After the hallucinogenic toad dirt you dropped in my whiskey, you're just one, big, living breathing bee sting.

The way I would wait for my girlfriend - toughest chick in the world - to cry herself to sleep so I could stop burning out my life on her problems to just do a couple good ol' fashioned lines off my own piano...after that, you'll never hurt me again, partner.

But you just might ###### me off.

An opening came in the form of Skyra Daring - blessed be her sex change - who had become accustomed enough with the gun I stole her to fire a pulse of air at Grokk, but who didn't have the aim or practice to not blow me along with it. I skidded to a halt on my feet about thirty feet back. Skyra was just down the street; Joske wasn't much farther. The sniper rifle lay discarded on the ground. I knew I was quicker. Score. 

I sprinted forward again, skidding to a halt in front of the sniper rifle and chucking it overhand like a harpoon at Skyra while Grokk was getting up (he took the burnt of the blast) My aim perception was a little off, and I was seeing a small star or two from Grokk's beating, but my cheek felt intact, no teeth felt loose, and what blood had filled my mouth I sloshed around and held in the side of my cheek. C'mon, man, really? On a scale of Flay-to-Heuani, that was hardly a Yuru. Ask the old-timers how that went for him. I'd be fine in three days, or with True Jos' first kiss. Whichever came first.

"Ay, Sky!" I yelled, a bit muffled from the liquid load in my mouth (tee frickin hee) but still audible. "Tell Joske Dor says to lure the thing out into the sun! Shadows everywhere in Ta-Koro! Can't miss him! I'll be there in a jiffy! XO--"

I heard angry charging footsteps on the street behind me--

"--XO--"

I ducked under Grokk's heavy swing and let him land in front of me--

"--Dorian," I spat, blowing a massive wad of blood out and into his tattooed eye. While he was distracted trying to wipe it away, I moved again, weaving around him and pulling out my gun to fire a shot or two at him - keep his distance and all. "Sorry, Grokkie, gotta jet! That boy's heart isn't gonna win itself over, and you...just not worth the effort! I'm enlightened now!

-Tyler

Edited by Parks and Rekt

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

Natharius made his choice.

He fired his laser vision, intercepting the shots Dorian had fired at Grokk, then drew his sword, extending it to spear form. If this was going to be a fight, then he would rather side with his fellow skakdi than anyone else. Dorian kept running, not bothering to look back to see if he'd hit Grokk or not.  

Pulling back with his arm, Natharius stepped forward and flung the javelin right at Dorian's exposed back. 

Edited by NatoGreavesy

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: "It was the two that blew up the inn, I think." He began, suppressing a chuckle at Angel's reaction. 

Like come ON seriously did he NOT think I would jump at the chance for that it's like we haven't seen eachother in YEARS or something

oh right

"Either way, they were the Stone and Water Skakdi. Most of the time we spent basically trying to besiege them as they hid out inside what was left of it. Eventually Korero showed up and we manage to smoke them out for real. Caught them around that back alley, and got in a short brawl before another one of the Maru showed up and scared them and their leader o--"

"Descriptions, buddy. You got a good one to the head, didn't you?"

"No yeah definitely sorry"

"It's cool, just keep focused."

"Right. So, Waterboy is big. Like, nearly Jerval big. Always wears a scowl, pretty ugly too. I don't remember any weapons in particular on him. The Skakdi of Stone was a little more runty. Looked like he'd go down if you breathed on him hard enough, but he was absolutely bonkers with that launcher of his. And finally, the leader..."

Here his brow furrowed. "He was weird. If you looked at him, he didn't even look... well, whole. Like he was made of a bunch of little things as opposed to, you know, just being him. That'd also explain why he just popped up behind Korero, maybe..."

He gave the guard captain an apologetic look. "After that, I've got nothing. Sorry. When the leader showed up I got clocked hard by the blue one. Head's still a bit fuzzy, but I think they bailed after that."

helo frens

OOC: sorry Nato, that's what happens when my charrie shows up. Stuff happens.

Whether good or bad the jury's still out! :P

IC

Toa Joske

Chapter One: Crystals, Temples, Secrets... oh my.

And as usual everything fell apart not five minutes after I made contact with Dor.

Except that this time it was a little more on the literal side... eeehhhhh.

First, that brown Skakdi shot past me like a Kraata out of karzahni, nearly bowling me over as he savagely attacked Dor, tackling him to the ground and attempting to bash his head in with the sniper rifle. As I spun around, I noticed Skyra come bolting after him, a freaking blunderbuss in her hand. At the last possible second however she holstered it and raised a hand, a huge blast of air rippling out from her body. Like a skittish cat I leaped backwards, barely able to move out of the way of the attack that this time I at least saw coming.

Landing on one knee I jammed my fist into the ash-covered ground, skitting to a stop several feet away. Glancing up I saw that Dor had managed to shake his attacker, chucking his sniper rifle at Skyra and saying something... !

Doesn't he know I already have a significant other?

I was about to follow Dor's instructions, rising to my feet, but that's when the other Skakdi decided to throw his hand into the mix. He came around the corner, a small distance away from Skyra, and with too-perfect accuracy managed to shoot out of the sky both bullets Dor had shot, at the same time pulling out his sword (which magically somehow turned into a spear) and-

Oh no you don't!

I leaped forward, using my free hand to pull out my crystal flamberge. With a single, smooth, practiced stroke upwards my blueish-clear blade sliced the spear in two, the halves falling harmlessly on either side of Dorian's running form. I completed the maneuver with a full spin, placing myself between Dor's exposed back and the other Skakdi, sword out perpendicular from me while my launcher was leveled at his chest.

"Yeah, well, I can't exactly draw it out if I'm busy saving your sorry butt!" I shouted, focusing on Mr. Laser-eyes as I pulled the trigger. He'd probably shoot this out of air as well, it moved slower than a bullet, but it would distract him enough that Skyra, who was the closest of us to him, could easily dispatch him, allowing me to return to the more important task at hand.

C'mon sky, use this distraction...

Edited by Friar Tuck

Living large... like clown-shoe size large. Complete with nose, rainbow-colored hair, and a bottle of seltzer water.

tumblr_lrgowllgeP1qzda76o1_500.jpg

You've got to be kidding me, Natharius groaned inwardly, watching the two halves of his javelin fall to either side of Dorian, who continued running off, unaware of how close he'd come to impalement. He raised his robotic arm to swat the disk being fired at him out of the way, the spinning projectile ripping a huge rent in the side of the limb, shredding the complex circuitry within, and rendering his left hand useless. 

"Joske, is it?" Natharius asked, raising his arms slightly as he took a half step backwards away from his new assailant. "And here was me thinking that Skyra was Dorian's new girlboyfriend..." he paused, eyes widening as he saw something over Joske's shoulder.

"What the heck is that?" he gaped. 

OOC: FYI, there's actually nothing there. I'm bluffing. 

Edited by NatoGreavesy

IC: Marda

Marda smiled happily, shaking Voran's hand. After that she nodded over at Zaara.

"It's settled indeed. Come on, then. We'll head to Ga-Koro and take ship, and then it's off to the Jungle." she said, leading the way out of Ta-Koro.

IC: Naishe and Vulcan

Naishe leaned back against a wall and sighed. If she couldn't find Vulcan in the next day or so she'd have to start looking elsewhere. She stood up and took a look around, and to her shock there he was, standing in the shadows by a building, staring right at her. He must have noticed her and not wanted to draw attention. He didn't seem to notice that she'd seen him so the started walking around slowly, asking random people if they'd seen a Toa of Plasma around lately. When she had her back turned Vulcan began to slip away, and when he was faced away from her she threw one of her smoke bombs at him, engulfing him in a cloud of thick, blinding gas. She took a running start, unsheathing her daggers, and burst into the cloud. However, when the dust settled Vulcan wasn't there. She looked around, desperately trying to find him, but when her back was turned something hit her from behind, swooping down from the sky. When she regained her balance Vulcan was already there, his whips dragging behind him.

"So it comes to this, Naishe. Tell me, why have you followed me all this way? What do you seek?" he asked in a voice like falling rocks, low and gritty and angry. Naishe stood waiting, her daggers ready.

"I seek answers, Vulcan. What are you looking for? Who is controlling you?" she asked, and Vulcan laughed.

"If you seek information from me, you'll have to beat it out of me!" he howled, and then his whip was in the air, winding towards Naishe's throat. She dove out of the way, rolling through the dirt before regaining her balance and dashing quickly towards Vulcan, her daggers ready. He snapped his whips at her in a desperate attempt to keep her away, but he was sloppy, and she quickly gained on him until her dagger was at his throat.

"You've lost, Vulcan. Surrender and I will go easy on you." she ordered. Vulcan just smiled.

"I don't think I've lost." he said, glancing down, and sure enough one of his whips had wrapped around Naishe's waist "Back away and I won't burn a hole in your waist." he said. Naishe smiled, albeit a bit nervously.

"You really think you can channel your plasma before I cut your head off?" she asked. Vulcan's smile vanished.

"It seems we're at a stalemate, Naishe." he said, and Naishe nodded.

"Indeed it does."

OOC: Naishe and Vulcan OPEN FOR INTERACTION

IC: Zaara. 

Zaara nodded, following after Marda. 

OOC: We're off to Ga-Koro, then? 

I caught the rifle easily, turning my attention to Grokk Jr. as he tried to impale Dorian with his spear, only for Joske to intervene.

Chose the wrong side Natharius. As Joske distracted him I swung the butt end of the rifle at his face like a club. Felt familiar. 

OOC: Oh, come on! Again with the rifle butt? And... did you just call me Grokk Junior? 

This time, Natharius heard the whooshing sound of the rifle flying towards the back of his head. Too slow to entirely dodge the blow, he shifted forward, letting himself be hit in the shoulder instead. The impact spun him sideways, out of Joske's immediate fire line. "You as well?" he scowled, seeing Skyra. "This is what I get for helping you, Grokk!" he shouted to the brown Skakdi, his shoulder going numb. "You feel like lending a hand, or what?" 

He was seriously wondering if joining in this fight had been his best idea of the day...

Edited by NatoGreavesy

Loren- Ta-koro- Angelus and Co

IC: "I got a good look at them." A new voice joined in.

Loren stepped out of the way of a pair of Matoran carrying a stretcher as he made his way over to the trio. After a brisk salute to Angelus he continued.

"After the Maru showed up they engaged in a running battle with the Skakdi. Chased them all the way out of the koro. With the exception of the Lavapool here most of the destruction was a result of that battle." Loren said, sweeping his arm towards the ruined husk of a building nearby. "Six of them in all. One of each of the Mata elements."

The Toa of Sonics pulled an Istone out of his pouch, handing it to Angelus.

"I've written up a full report that you can look at, but right now the Akiri is calling for you. He has been wondering where you have been while all this was going on."

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1