BZPRPG - Ta-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: "Right. Later, gang." he said somewhat awkwardly to the rest of the congregation before stepping outside, ready in case Angel had any further instructions for the others.

Once he was out and the door shut behind them, Jol asked the first question that came to mind.

"So why me specifically?"

IC:

"I've seen you fight. I've worked with you before. We think alike, but we have different styles where it counts." Angelus' eyes were already scanning the street, and he stopped to take stock of his directions before turning left, out towards the Lavapool. "And I trust you."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: Fair enough.

"Glad to hear it." Jol replied, eyes flicking from person to person to person--none of them Kino. "So what do you need to talk about, then? Wouldn't make a big show like that just to ask how the family's doing."

Off and disappeared, but that's beside the point.

helo frens

IC:

Angelus sighed, a slightly raspy sound that was at odds with the peaceful, laid-back tone the Toa of Fire liked to adopt often. It was something more guttural, for a certainty, but it also sounded more...natural. As if it were the default voice, and the easy-going chirp was the facade. He remembered the growl, and how he'd chuckled at Joske's reaction, but he wondered what Joske would have done if he'd realized the effort and attitude that went into the years he spent perfecting the Muaka impersonation.

It was probably better for them, he reflected. Not knowing how much of a predator he could really be. He'd brought Jolek along because Jolek understood that. He found himself wishing Oreius was around; he had a connection to the Toa Maru, and he could have acted as a conduit and a useful tank in battle, but the Toa Maru of Fire had disappeared not long after the Piraka were run out of town. As for Kino...well, the jury was out on why he was bringing her. Her combat prowess was undeniable, but personally speaking Angel would have rather kept the mercenary far away from the old Team Joske shenanigans.

Which made seeking her out amidst the crowds in Ta-Koro the most questionable thing he'd done so far today.

"Joske told me a lot of things," he admitted. "About the Piraka, the remnants of Makuta, some of the old virtue temples...and a few things about all of them I'm still having some trouble believing myself, honestly."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: "Old virtue temples?" he asked, ears doing double duty listening to the almost rough sound of Angel's voice even as they stayed alert for Kino's higher pitch. "Can't say I've even heard of them. All I know about the Piraka are that I owe the blue one a crack or three, and..." he trailed off, hearing something familiar and similar to what he was looking fo--

Oh, the neighbor's daughter out with her friends. Nevermind.

Back to collecting his thoughts and formulating a response his bud--superior could work with.

"Talk me through what you don't get, then. That usually helps."

helo frens

IC: Natharius.

"Oh, we're friends now?" Natharius chuckled. "First it was 'I work alone', then it was "

'I just want someone to talk to', and now it's 'friends'. I love the way you just can't make up your mind. Anyway, thanks for this." She'd done a great job of fixing his arm.

"So, who's the next target?"

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: (Kino)

There are some voices, faces that you never forget, all for different reasons. I remembered that voice, the calm and smooth sound to it, I remember those dark green eyes and I remember the pain in them. I remember running across rooftops. I remember trying to be a hero in a town full of thieves and murderers. I remember friendship, family, and I remember death. I remember killing bad people, killing good people, killing people who just happened to be in the wrong place. I remember prostrating myself before a dark god, the closest thing I had to in my teens as a father figure. I remember Pae, I remember everything we did together. I remember we were always there for each other. I remember giving him a job and I remember walking away from the organization.

I remember little white pebbles.

"Pae...it's good to see you," I said. I noticed that someone else was with him, but I didn't ask. I felt that flood of emotions, each all mixed up and I tried to sort through them all. I wrapped him in a hug before pulling back, an outburst of compassion, Pae was my friend, the very best, and he had always been loyal to a fault, and I to him. Yet...I feel as though I abandoned him, that I left him to this dark life and he had enough of it. He deserved better.

gallery_99567_147_39590.jpg

IC: Septima shook her head, turning her gaze back towards the sea of drinkers.

"Shut up," she mumbled under her breath as she took another sip of her beer and pointed out her next mark. "The Fe-Skakdi over there with the piercings."

Had she been born a Toa of Magnetism, her powers would have alerted her victim by interfering with the metal hanging off of his face as she carefully rolled the widgets out of his backpack without drawing the attention of either him or his date. They moved across the floor, avoiding both the feet of those walking around and the forlorn looks from those who had already drunken themselves into a stupor before coming to a stop at her feet beneath their table. She leaned down to pick them up, eventually tossing them in front of her and leaning back in her chair.

"Forty again," she said as she looked at Natharius. "Anyone catch your eye, yet?"

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

IC Brontes

He was as easy to read as a book. He would have to work on that... Part of being an effective authority, in his mind at least, was to have an unreadable stone wall of a face.

Filing the thoughts for later, I follow Loren deeper into the Guard's HQ.

Edited by Tiragath

...but close to it

Natharius was feeling more than a little smug with himself. He was making money without doing anything to earn it, his arm had been fixed up, and he'd somehow made a "friend" along the way. This was the most fun he'd had since... yesterday.  

"What about the pompous looking Vortixx over there?" he suggested. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Septima looked over towards where the Skakdi had directed her, seeing two Vortixx sitting at the bar. The male was throwing back shots like they were nothing and bragging loudly about his accomplishments while his date, who must have literally bathed herself in gaudy jewelry before leaving her house, rolled her eyes in disinterest as she continued to tap her long fingernails against her iStone.

"Which one?" she asked, wondering which of the pair he was specifically referring to.

Edited by timageness411

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

He shrugged. "Either or. Both? You pick. Whichever one you think will be easier to rob." 

IC: (Karaihe/Guard House)

"What d'ya think the Guard Life has in store for us?" He asked Brontes. You could hear the capital letters.

Karaihe (ka-RYE-ha) was hoping that the Guard Life would involve lots of fighting against impossible odds. That was where he was happiest.

IC: (Venemi/Mangai tunnels)

The Wasp continued at the front of the group.

OOC: Yay! 700th post :D

Edited by Sil

Kathok

OOC: Raaka and Konaro from Ko-Wahi (via time-skip granted by Ninth Krayzikk)

IC: Raaka and Konaro

The Skakdi of Sonics coughed as the cable-car entered Ta-Koro.

"Y'know," Raaka began, "I think I appreciate this ash a little more after being in that frozen Karz-hole."

"Speak for yourself," the Toa of Ice interjected. "I'm melting."

The cable-car stopped and the two stepped onto the platform.

IC: Septima shrugged, watching the pair and waiting for the perfect opportunity to strike.

Five shots later and the male Vortixx finally shut his mouth... that is, until he decided to take a more "hands on" approach with his date. She looked up from her iStone as he began kissing her neck, turning towards him as she felt his hand rub up against her back. Her own hand touched his abdomen, causing him to pull back for a moment as she moved her fingers up his chest. She leaned her head forward, waiting for him to close his eyes and do the same before putting her hand up against his ribcage and...

...pushing him off of his stool in disgust.

The Fe-Toa timed her pull with the moment he landed on the floor, causing him not to notice that he had just been robbed as he watched the female Vortixx make a grab for her purse and storm off towards the bathroom. Discovering that he had now become the laughing stock of the entire bar, he decided to make a break for the exit as Septima picked up the bag of widgets she had guided under their table and opened it up after realising that it hadn't rolled as smoothly as the others had previously.

"Ten widgets and... oh, lovely," she said as she pulled out a crumpled up coupon and flicked it towards Natharius with her finger. "No wonder why she didn't think too highly of him."

The bathroom door that the other Vortixx had made a point of slamming shut swayed open a bit before Septima eventually retrieved another bag.

"Never leave your stuff unattended in public restrooms," Septima explained before tossing it between them. "Thirty again."

Edited by timageness411
  • Upvote 1

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

IC:

"... Let's say you owe us one, and call it good." The older Ta-Toa said to Erzu dryly, smiling as he took another sip of tea. He noted Torana's hesitation out of the corner of his eyes, nodding slightly. "You can take or leave whatever you wish, miss."

"Anyway," Saeva's mother said after a moment of quiet. "Shoo. All of you. Ta-Wahi is worth a little exploration, even in this state. More to the point I can't have you underfoot while I'm trying to set things up."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

"You think we've got enough?" Natharius wondered. He was feeling a little nervous now. He didn't like waiting around at the scene of a crime; it only led to more trouble.

IC: "I'll take it." Erzu replied, self-deprecating, practically apologetic grin worming its way onto his face as he realized he was being a bit too pushy. Likely not the best first impression after all, but he'd fix it. Wasn't the worst he'd ever done by a long shot.

"Any ideas where to, then?" he asked Saeva, turning for the door.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IC: "There you guys are. What kept you? I'm hungry now, jerks." Kellin said jokingly from atop Cancer, having diligently waited for the last of the Grand Hospital Defense Crew (working title)'s members to make it to safe ground.

Edited by Uncle Chael P. Sonnen

helo frens

IC: "By my count, we've "collected" two-hundred and twenty widgets," Septima said, noticing that the Skakdi was acting a little nervous. "That's one-hundred and ten a piece; not much, but at least it's enough to afford somewhere to crash. Thinking of a change in scenery, or do you want to hang it up for now?"

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

IC:

"Weeeeeeell," Saeva said thoughtfully, sliding her feet off of the table and popping upright upon them. She walked towards the door easily, looking over her shoulder long enough to wave to her parents, and pausing for a moment at the staircase. "We could seek out one of the village's ######## watering holes. We could explore the Charred Forest."

"I could go back to harassing my favorite Guards."

Edited by Ninth Krayzikk

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC: "First two sound good. I might be down for the third." Erzu grinned and glanced over his own shoulder, seeing Saeva's mother already moving to try and get everyone accounted for. "If I had to pick, a walk in the woods sounds nice. You could use the relaxing atmosphere."

helo frens

"Change of scenery," Natharius agreed. "I think we've done enough here." He stopped to finish off his drink. "It's a pity the Lavapool got blown up. I hear that place was the best in town."

IC:

Saeva snorted as she stepped out the door, using her mask to easily glide down the stairs without ever touching them. "Oh, please. I don't need a relaxing atmosphere, and the forest sure as ain't gonna spook me."

"Just try not to roast, lightweight."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

Saeva rolled her eyes, exiting the shop and starting down the street as if it were the easiest thing in the world. In a way, it was. Ta-Koro was her home, the place she had grown up in and known for so much of her life. Its streets were familiar, and the longer she stayed the more she remembered. Without much thought her feet began carrying her towards the Charred Forest.

"Sparky, you're allowed to shock him when he's aggravating."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Septima nodded, drinking the rest of her own beer as she split the money evenly using her powers and slid half of their earnings towards Natharius.

"I never had the chance to go in myself, but I imagine that it used to have better quality marks than this dive. It's a shame it got blown to smithereens," she said as she stood, sliding her own cut into her satchel. "Well, where to?"

• Upvote 1

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

IC: He recoiled, senses thrown haywire momentarily.

Truly momentarily too, for before he'd even regained his status of both feet on the ground he gave a hearty tap to the crown of Saev's head with his shinai.

Edited by Uncle Chael P. Sonnen

helo frens