BZPRPG - Le-Wahi

Nuju Metru

OOC I meant using his iron powers but whatever

IC Jetzul

"If I stick to the high ground," Jetzul thought, "they won't be able to catch me. I'll have to watch the trees though-ungh!" A beam of laser vision struck him on the side of the Kanohi-would it still work? Karz. Another laser hit his shoulder, causing Jetzul to cringe. He put a metal wall in front of himself to block the lasers before reconsidering; pushing it outward, he attempted to crush the Skakdi with it. "And... Down!"

IC: Well, he wouldn't be lying if this wasn't a nice change of pace.

Familiar Territory.

The tall and broad cloaked figure pulled back his dark hood, no longer assaulted by the brilliant rays of the coastal sun, thanks to the canopy above.

Brushing aside a small sapling, he took stock of his surroundings, making use of his hearing in equal measure as his vision. The sounds of the jungle were far more telling of your surroundings than the sights, especially in patches such as this one in particular. Got dense as karz in a mere fifty feet, at a conservative estimate. To no small relief, he found the sounds of the jungle alive and well.

Nothing to worry about. The big old chunk of crystal could stay on his back a bit longer.

He stepped in, allowing the sapling to snap back into its original position behind him, leaves rustling against the dark cloak as he turned his posture, now walking at more of an angle. This would allow him to lead with his left side, using his crystal-gauntleted left arm to probe his surroundings. Much better idea than the right, which was only wrapped in some bandaging for a grip. Made sense, right? Use the hand safely covered by crystal to grab all the prickly **** and move it out of the way. Used to do that all the time, it was why Jol'd have him lead every time they left camp.

He frowned. A common expression of his, true, but let's establish that this was a frownier frown than most frowns.

Jolek... where did he end up? After Makuta and that outpouring of Rahkshi...

"Straight to karz." he muttered, scowling. It was that way because of the master of shadows. He was the one to blame now. If word on the street wasn't that he'd already been killed, he'd hunt him down himself.

But it wouldn't be that easy even if he could, he reminded himself, ducking under a low-hanging branch that happened to support a former jungle rat's (not him nor Jol) tree house. Nothing was.

A branch snapped, and he whirled, grabbing the long hilt one could see on his back and drawing his monstrous blade. A sword that could cleave straight through a Tarakava, and probably horribly maim another in the same swing.

Well, maybe something like a sword. It was too long, too thick, too heavy, too rough. In practice, it was closer to a giant slab of crystal than a sword.

However, as the bisected tree next to him showed, it got the job done all the same. The Toa glanced down at his boots, finding the twig to be under his own foot all the while. He scowled once more. You grow up here, and you learn when to and when to not be jumpy. That was the latter. He should watch his footing anyways, last thing he needed was to trip over a root or something stupid like that. Returning the sword to his back, he readjusted his cloak and set off once more, eyes and ears scanning everything around him. Truth be told, it was always best to stay wary even when everything is calm. That's what had kept him alive this long, and if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Brushing aside some shrubbery after a relatively peaceful few minutes, the crystal-armed and armored Toa found a peculiar sight.

All those years, and he was pretty sure he'd never come across this road before.

Well.

He certainly would get somewhere if he followed.

Although, he had no idea how good or bad that may be...

He listened once again. Sure enough, the atmosphere had not changed. Life went on, as far as this bit was concerned, without issue.

"Talk about a lucky break." he said wryly, stepping onto the smooth stone. Now with a set path, he continued forward, always listening, and always watching.

After all, Tarex had lived here long enough to know you never truly were out of the woods.

Especially not when you were still in them.

helo frens

IC: Athiel

Athiel suddenly remembered his intense dislike for Le-Wahi. One errant flame out of place, and the whole area spontaneously combust. One broken twig, and the Nui-Kopen could come swarming from miles out. The air out here in the jungle always felt sticky and wet, defiantly not a pleasant feeling. And the noise. That Mata-Nui forsaken noise! All around you the sounds of Rahi slithering about in the dense tree line, the Nui-Rama zipping about above the canopy, and the chirping of Gukko birds. He would prefer the icy solitude of Ko-Wahi any day to this mess. He quickly regained his composure, not daring to let his extreme irritation surface. He finally spoke to his compatriot hanging back in the cave entrance. "Well, have you any idea of what we should do now? We are extremely of course, us having been led to the other side of the island by that labrynth."

Edited by Observedhalo

"Poor Cyclonus - Sworn To Reject A World That Hates and Fears Him. He And I Are Very Similar, Really: Two Reformed Characters Struggling To Make Our Way In Life. He Just Has Less Violent Coping Strategies." Whirl

My BZPRPG Characters

IC: Qyntar

The well built toa of gravity walked out of the tunnel into the open, looking around and shielding his eyes from the intense sun as they adjusted to the light. "Seeing as we're already here, we might as well go and visit Le-Koro for a quick bite before heading off again." Qyntar looked back to Athiel. "Besides, it's not like we're in a race against time or anything."

IC:Athiel

Athiel found it difficult to hide his irritation, speaking quickly, and not providing any chance to interject. "Might as well, anything to get higher up than the floor. I haven't been to Le-Wahi in some time. I'm guessing that you're more familiar with the area than I am. Do you have any idea where we go?"

"Poor Cyclonus - Sworn To Reject A World That Hates and Fears Him. He And I Are Very Similar, Really: Two Reformed Characters Struggling To Make Our Way In Life. He Just Has Less Violent Coping Strategies." Whirl

My BZPRPG Characters

Atheil was reluctant to grab on after what happened last time he flew, having lost the majority of his equipment in the sandstorm the pair had encountered in Po-Wahi. "I think I'll find my own way up there, after what happened last time. I think I'm still a bit shaken up", he chuckled. "Besides, I would like to preform some recon in the area, perhaps spend a little time in world Mata-Nui has given us." No longer burdened by his heavy armor, Athiel sprung up into the branches above. "You are still free to fly, of course. "

My BZPRPG Characters

Qyntar shrugged, then lifted off into the air, flying high above the trees of the wahi. He looked around the trees, searching for the proud standing village of air in the tree tops. Flying even higher, he noticed Athiel moving about in the canopy below.

"Have you spotted anything yet", shouted Athiel as he jumped from branch to branch. He hadn't felt this good for a long time. His armor prevented him from moving as acrobatically as he did now. In fact, he had it custom ordered to be overly heavy to increase his strength when outside of it. "Maybe Le-Wahi isn't that bad", he thought to himself. As he jumped again, he grabbed a large branch above him and swung himself up on top of the tree. The miles around you could see the massive jungle that the southern region of Mata-Nui was home to. Further north you could see Mt. Ihu rising out of the waste, and in the west you could faintly make out what appeared to the the Endless Ocean. The south and east were covered in jungle too dense to see through. "Now this is real freedom", he thought to himself as he took in the immense beauty of the island.

Edited by Observedhalo

My BZPRPG Characters

The toa of gravity soared through the air, taking in the view as the trees went by, landing on top of one of the trees to build up his energy again. He looked down to one of the other trees, noticing that Athiel was close by. "Nah, Le-Koro is pretty hidden in this canopy, always has been. But I think I remember the general direction, I just need a few landmarks... Ahah! There's lake Pala. And since the settlement is over on that side of it, then that must mean..." Qyntar rocketed into the sky, looking into the direction he thought the village of air might be in... and lo and behold, there it was, perhaps not very obvious, but he clearly saw it. "I see it! Follow me!" And with those words, he began flying towards it, minding his speed so that Athiel could keep up.

Edited by Toa Onaku

With that, Athiel started after Qyntar, keeping in mind a slip up could grievously injure him. The canopy was very high up, and he was even higher. He quickly but graciously leap from tree to tree, keeping good speed with his compatriot. These trees were old, and supported his weight surprisingly well. "Have you ever be to Le-Koro before", I shouted to Qyntar. The speed at which they are moving may make it difficult to hear.

My BZPRPG Characters

OOC: From the greatest minds of all time, comes an epic story of love and hate, life and death, doubt and determination... Naaaah, just kidding. Here's a jam made by me, Demitsorou and Geardiector introducing his new character. Enjoy.

IC: Kikao, Trava, Soro

A few hours passed since last time something important has happened in the camp that Toa of Ice Soro and his apprentice Kikao made near the Pala lake. Ko-Matoran spent his time walking around, recording his observations in his huge notebook and doing sketches of a living nature. Until that moment when Soro asked him to go out in the woods and gather some more firewood. It would be also nice to find some food, he added. Kikao, who wasn’t really that into hunting, wanted to argue, but since he was the only one to perform such tasks, he didn’t say a word. The Ko-Matoran took a hank of string from his climbing gear and waved to his master before stepping into the wilderness.

It was the patter of padded feet upon stamped earth that rang clear in her ears, much more clearly than the guttural scream of the Bear as it prepared to lunge at her, its heavy muscles rippling into an aggressive stance.

The roar skated past her, like the wind, for Trava was in her element, and did not let any distractions through.

The Bear pounced, tooth and claw bared like daggers against her. She moved with them, sliding away like a leaf on the wind batted away by the Ash Bear’s paws.

She flanked her prey, increasing the distance as she put an elongated tool to her lips and forced her breath through it.

“No matter how many times I do that it always sounds dirty in my head” she thought as a sharp whistle in her ear told her that her projectile had fired correctly, the dart singing through the air to sink into the Bear’s flesh near the neck.

The Bear winced, losing its footing and awkwardly stumbling forward a few paces. It wasn’t the first time it’d been hit, and the collective effect was starting to dull its sharp instincts to a point it had never experienced before. It was like a fog in its mind.

“Alright,” she muttered as she fished her knife from her belt, “let’s finish this”

Their eyes met, and there was an unexplainable energy in the air, something that could not be put into words. Trava twirled her knife a few times, silently beckoning the Bear to attack, to come and face her.

For a very long second, nothing happened, and then everything sprang into explosive life.

Six pairs of legs moved, driving lean, muscled forms towards each other at blinding speeds, there was another roar of primal savagery, a glint of metal and a grunt of stifled pain as bone punctured armor and flesh.

And then it was over.

Panting heavily, Trava threw the dying husk off her to dump to the floor, where the last spasms of waning life shook the trembling form.

“Good try, Brother Bear” Trava remarked as she crouched down near it, drying her knife in a nearby patch of grass.

She put her hand on its head, remaining completely still as she felt for the throbbing pulse, feeling it come in erratic waves. She took a deep breath, and recited her old adage.

“With Artakha as my witness, I bid you a well deserved rest, Brother Bear, you were a worthy foe”

And then she felt the Bear draw its last breath, and the pounding drums in her head ceased, she opened her eyes.

“Now, the hunter gets her spoils” she thought as she started cutting up and packing what was usable or edible.

Kikao wandered through the forest, gathering firewood branches but not really putting much effort in it. He knew that he has plenty of time to spend in the woods, and he could enjoy this walk: Soro knows he’ll return, they trusted each other that much to understand need for some time alone.

Suddenly he heard a not very distant roar and immediately decided that his task will wait. Something happened, and continued to happen. He ducked and went towards the sound, really curious about what’s going on. Soon he was in the bushes looking at Trava finishing the Ash Bear. He could think that this woman was a Toa, but something about her colors was off. He never saw that combination of green and yellow. And she just killed a bear in a cold blood.

That was something else that bothered Kikao. According to his belief Toa will never kill something that he’s not about to eat. And Ko-Matoran was sure that current Toa menu did not include an Ash Bear. So either it has changed, or she killed that bear for sport.

Actually, her last words, which he heard, gave him an idea why she did that. It was really for sport. She fought the beast as if it was her adversary. That was fascinating and a bit horrifying.

A chill went down his spine. That woman wasn’t, couldn’t be a Toa. She was something else. A Makuta? Kikao fought urge to back off, but since she hasn’t noticed him yet, he tried to remain concealed until she’ll get away.

Trava was interrupted in her work by sounds of rustling and much heavy breathing in her ears. She looked around, immediately zeroing in on the most likely location of the unwanted observer.

“Typical,” she thought, “as usual there’s never any privacy to get. What’s a woman to do?”

She reached out with her staff, poking through the bushes at random in a lazy search for the spy.

“Come outta there and paint a picture instead, champ, it’ll last longer”

Kikao shuddered as the woman discovered his position and called him out. He knew that at this point it will be unwise to run, so he took a deep breath and got out of the bushes, raising his hands. His telescopic lens actively explored Trava’s body, picking different curves and elements of her costume.

“I am sorry for interrupting,” he faltered. “P-please, don’t kill me.”

Trava really could have made a remark about how overactive Kikao’s mask lens seemed, but she’d tired of that after the first two hundred times or so.

Kikao was, in simple terms, all Ko-Matoran. With the tunic and the peace symbol embroidered on it, and the light gray tone of his outer armor, Ko-Koro was the only place this Matoran wouldn’t stick out like a sore thumb.

He was visibly scared, and Trava couldn’t help but smirk ever so slightly upon hearing his frightened plea, she liked to think she had that effect on people.

“I’m not gonna kill you, don’t worry” she assured him.

“I just don’t appreciate ogling”

“Oh,” he immediately looked away and his lens seized to make buzzing noise of zoom adjustment. She didn’t seem to be in the killing mood, and that was a good thing. “I apologize.”

“It’s alright” Trava replied as she put her knife back where it belonged.

“You’re a first-time offender, so you’ll get a pass” she said with a wink.

“What are you doing out here anyway?”

Ko-Matoran looked back at her with a face of relief. He was happy to keep the good idle talk.

“I was gathering firewood and hoped to capture something for supper,” he said. “Heard that bear roaring and here I am, watching you and it fighting till it’s last breath. I, uh, never seen a Mask-bearer fighting a wild Rahi just for the sake of fight itself before.”

“Logical assumption, but fact is it’s not just for the sport, it’s also my job”

She said this even as she tied her sack together, having stripped the carcass clean of all that was usable in some way.

“It’s not glamourous, I suppose, but it puts food on the table”

“Oh, so you are a hunter after all,” Kikao gave her a confused smile. “I never actually seen an Ash Bear served as food.”

“Food, Hides, Clothing, Decoration, Bone powder, a few “potency enhancers” or whatever, nothing goes to waste nowadays” Trava remarked.

“Ash Bears aren’t too commonly on my list, though, but sometimes you take what you can get”

“I see,” he opened his notebook and started to zealously write something in it.

Trava couldn’t help but smirk at seeing Kikao’s reaction. It was clear this fellow didn’t go outside much.

“Making an entry in your diary, are you?”

“I can’t help it,” he shrugged with a smile, while not stopping, “I have urge to record things that I find curious, interesting, new. Mostly in text, but sometimes I even make rough sketches.”

“Just don’t put my measurements in there, and I’ll be good” Trava replied.

“So, what’s a meek, bookish type like you doing out here all by your lonesome? Did you get lost on the way to the library?”

“I am not lost,” Kikao gave a short laugh. Of course, everybody would expect him to be a stereotypical Ko-Matoran and he couldn’t blame this huntress for not being an exclusion. “As I said before, I was gathering firewood and looking for some small Rahi to catch,” he nodded at the rope he still held on his shoulder. “I am no librarian. Not anymore. I am a wandering monk. A disciple of the Great Spirit Mata Nui, same as my master.”

“I take it your master’s someplace nearby then” Trava remarked as she looked at Kikao’s rope.

“And I’ll also take it you’re fixing to set up a trap or the like for catching your prey, right?”

“Yes, we have made a camp near the lake,” he looked at her and then pointed in the direction of lake Pala. “And yes, that’s the basic thing I can do - to set some snares and pray to Mata Nui to send me something good.”

“Trapper, eh? ‘fraid you’re not gonna get any sympathy from me if your hunt doesn’t yield anything”

Trava didn’t use traps herself, for she respected the Rahi’s freedom, that was why she fought them the way she did, for to give them a chance to defend themselves and escape her clutches was a mutual trade; a greater challenge for her, and a better chance for them.

Of course, she knew she was an oddity, and that not everyone had the skills or the mindset to practice her ways. But she would do what she could to preserve freedom, so she decided to make Kikao an offer she had a feeling he couldn’t refuse.

“Look, this load is a bit heavy for me to carry all the way, I could probably spare something for you and your master to eat. Saves time, effort and it’s a win-win situation. What do you say?”

Her sudden offer made Kikao stop sketching her Mask and look at her keenly. She was right, it was a win-win situation. But why? Did he said something wrong when he mentioned snares? Seeing her fighting an Ash Bear in a hand-to-hand combat, there was no surprise. Apparently, she didn’t like the concept of traps.

“I say it is a great honor to share a prey killed in an equal fight by such a skilled hunter as yourself,” he put his palms together in a monk’s manner and bowed to her, meaning to show her respect for who she were and what she did.

“Appreciate the gesture” she said with her first honest smile since meeting Kikao.

“Why don’t you lead the way, then,” she offered, before adding as an afterthought, “never got your name, by the way.”

“Oh, sorry,” he just noticed himself that he never actually introduced himself. “My name is Kikao, pleased to meet you,” he bowed again. “This way,” he turned towards the direction he came from and led Trava through bushes. He found the bundle of branches he dropped when heard the Ash Bear and carried it all the way back to the camp. When he and his new acquaintance walked out of the woods, he addressed Soro: “Master, I am back!”

Sound of rustling leaves and cracking branches notified Soro of his apprentice returning.He wouldn’t bother turning to greet him, but since he heard two pairs of footsteps, Toa lifted his head and turned to the forest. Out of the green depth came Kikao, and soon someone who followed him. A tall, strong figure, clad in green and yellow armor, with eyes of a hunter. Soro stood up to greet her, removing concealing hood from his head.

“I greet you, sister. What brought you here apart from my apprentice leading you to our campsite?” he asked, bowing slightly and calmly smiling.

“Greetings, fellow staff-bearer” Trava remarked with a polite nod and a smirk, catching onto the fact that the Toa of Ice had called her Sister. She immediately realized what that meant.

“Well, I was just wrapping up a hunt when your apprentice Kikao here showed up. I understand he was looking for food, well, I’m a bit overpacked myself so I’d be happy to share some of my catch with you”

“And while I appreciate the gesture, I’m likely not your “Sister”, because I’m not a Toa, I’m a Lesterin”

Soro narrowed his eyes, but his gaze never wandered off from Trava’s face. Still smiling, he nodded.

“It’s not about race, sister,” The Toa of Ice sat down. “I never heard about your people, so while we share the spoils, you could enlighten me who these Lesterin are,” he gestured her and Kikao to join him near the fire.

“Then I do appreciate the gesture, brother” Trava responded in kind as she did as he asked, leaving her sack nearby as she sat down.

“Hmm, this should do I think” she said, more to herself, as she picked out a sizable chunk of one of the Bear’s thighs.

“Anyway, us Lesterin. Well, we’re a bit like you, but we don’t have elemental powers, instead we got those passive skills, like Matoran do”

To demonstrate her next point, she calmly reached toward her face, and arced her mask of carefully with her hand, exposing the sharply contoured face beneath it.

“We also don’t actually need to wear our masks 24/7 either. I like to take mine off when I’m not working.”

“We’re also colored a bit different from you guys, as you can probably see. But the differences, and similarities for that matter, stop there”

Kikao meekly waited for greetings to be over and then took a sit beside Soro. He looked at Trava as she explained who she is, and what her race is about. When she took off her Mask, it was the most powerful experience for him since he met his master. The face, the skull features - everything was different. He couldn’t stop his hands from grabbing pen and notebook and made a quick sketch of Trava’s face, and signed it as “Lesterin woman huntress.” After that he wrote down all explanations Trava gave and prepared to do so with any others that might come.

Trava smiled at Kikao’s reaction.

“Hand me that notebook and I’ll show you something cool”

“Oh...” Ko-Matoran gave her a confused smile. He hesitated a couple of seconds but then lend his notebook to Lesterin. “Here.”

Trava nodded simply, tounge in cheek as she scribbled a short notice into the book, before handing it back to him.

“Here’s my autograph” she said with a smirk.

It was her own name, “Trava”, written not in the circular Matoran letters, but rather in the triangular Lesterin variant.

“Oohhhh!” Kikao’s heart has been conquered by Trava as he read her autograph. He looked at her with shining eyes of a true and loyal fan. “you even have your own alphabet, and it’s so awesome!”

Soro attentively followed Trava’s movements while rustling through his pouches to find spicy herbs. He handed it to Kikao.

“Prepare the meat,” he asked, and then glanced at the notebook, scribbled all over with notes about Trava. The Toa of Ice closed his eyes with a pleased sigh.

“I hope he isn’t bothering you too much, sister Trava,” Soro looked at fire. “He can be overly curious sometimes.”

“It’s not a problem. Just as long as he doesn’t start sketching everything that goes through his head” Trava remarked as she let slices of Ash Bear meat on the fire. The herbs close by for seasoning.

“And you, then, professor. What’s your name may I ask?”

While they kept talking, Kikao let his notebook go, took herbs and put out pounder. He grinded the herbs into a spicy powder and rubbed it over the meat before giving it to Trava to cook it.

“Soro, though, I’m not a professor,” answered the Toa of Ice. “I’m a wanderer that tries to find his place, and on this journey I try to find myself.”

“Seems like there’s an awful lot of those on the island nowadays from what I’ve seen” Trava remarked as she accepted the meat from Kikao, starting to cook it.

“Such a gentleman” she added with a joking wink in his direction.

Kikao tried to hide blush that emerged on his Mask by digging into his diary.

“OK,” Trava told herself, “let’s not make this too awkward”

Kikao and Soro looked to her in some respects like a pair of fish out of water. Well, at least they were fish out of wather together.

“Well, I think our meal’s just about getting finished, so be prepared to dig in”

“Mind if I ask, though, what reason could you have for coming to this part of the island? All that’s around here are the ruins of Pala-Koro”

“Wind carried us here,” Soro stood up and made his way to the lake. “I walk around this island to find peace of mind, and Mata Nui guides my steps,” he inhaled deeply, closing his eyes. “You can start your meal, I’m not hungry.”

“I guess that just leaves you and me, Kikao” Trava remarked to the Ko-Matoran. At that moment the familiar scent of cooked meat hit her nostrils, and she licked her lips once.

“Food’s ready. Have at it, hope you’re hungry”

“Oh, I am hungry, miss Trava,” he picked up a slice of meat on his plate and took his time slicing and eating it. “Mmm, delicious,” he admitted. The fact that Soro left them made him a bit uneasy in presence of Lesterin huntress.

“Always nice to enjoy a meal in the great outdoors” Trava remarked as she stabbed a sliver of meat with her knife and chowed down faster than the eye could follow. The seasoning was uncanny, Kikao clearly had talent.

“Sort of sets an extra little spin on the day, wouldn’t you say?”

“Yes, it’s nothing close compared to a lonely meal in the caves of Ko-Wahi,” Kikao admitted, putting his plate on the ground and looking in his diary, his early entries to be more specific. Good memories made his smile brighter, “Mark my word, I lived for quite some time as a hermit on the plateau. Enjoyed myself, explored the world on my own. Haven’t had a courage to get down though.”

“Good thing you met Soro then, must be pretty lonely all by yourself if you’re not used to it, like me”

“Well, yes, but on the other hand I enjoyed my time up there,” he nodded and then stood up to get the dishes clean and prepare the teapot, “I spent it well, climbing mountains, scaling plateau, getting on the Mount Ihu itself just to see the island from the highest point possible. Only the sky is higher.”

“I suppose you could put it that way, too. Must be nice having your personal mile high club, I gather”

She smiled again, seeing Kikao focus on the food in the same manner he’d given the notebook his undivided attention earlier.

“Glad to see you’re enjoying the food”

“It came out really good,” Ko-Matoran admitted while taking out a pouch with tea leafs and sprinkling some in the water, “Can’t deny myself the pleasure of enjoying something that has been made by someone who personally hunted down the Rahi. Also, it’s the first time I ever ate Ash Bear’s meat, and I find it very nutritious and tasty.”

“Ash Bear has a distinct taste” Trava remarked in between bites.

“They’ll tell you it tastes just like Maha, but it absolutely doesn’t. Ash Bear is one of a kind and a must-have on any wannabe gourmet enthusiast’s menu”

“Not that I fancy myself that, of course” she said with a light chuckle as he grabbed her waterskin and took a sip.

“Part of it is the seasoning, though. Good job with that, Kikao”

“I guess you probably tasted a wide variety of meats during your hunts,” said Ko-Matoran respectfully. “That’s something I’d like to do, too. I am eager for new experiences,” he sat in front of Trava over the campfire. “And thank you for your compliment. Truly, I know how to apply spices. I learn how to do things fast, and do them well.”

“I can tell” Trava replied, slowly savoring her last few bites with all the flavor she could draw from them.

“Aww yeah, that’s the stuff” she said with a contented sigh and patted her satisfied belly.

“Appreciate the hospitality, though I’m curious where our gracious host went in such a hurry”

She said this as she reached for her mask again, taking a moment to look at it and tsk.

“This thing could use some cleaning” she thought to herself, flicking away a clump of dirt from the forehead.

It was a fine line for her to walk, though. she didn’t want it too clean either, she’d rather not that her prey could spot flashes of reflected sunlight that would tip them off.

Kikao gave her a slight smile.

“Soro is just like that. He’s mostly silent, all to himself. He likes to observe and analyze. He is a seeker with a keen eye. If he decides that he needs some time alone, he will stand up and go without warning. We trust each other, so he knows that I will understand that gesture. However,” the tea started to boil and Matoran of Ice removed it from the fire, “he’ll be back when he’ll decide to.”

“I can respect that,” Trava admitted, “alone time is something I value a lot too”

The tea was served, and Trava donated some of her herbs to the process as she put her mask away again.

“I’ll get that thing fixed up first chance I get”

“Tea’s a good finisher, I think” Trava said as she grabbed a cup.

“Only proper for such a gentleman”

There was that well-meaning smirk again.

“You call me that word again,” Kikao blushed, while pouring tea to his and Soro’s cups. He then looked into his sack for a spare. “I’m flattered,” he found it, filled with aromatic drink and lend it to Trava.

“Don’t read too much into it, buddy boy,” Trava gleefully shot back “I’m just stating facts”

The tea was bitterly sweet, sour like the air in a murky swamp, but also with hints of chill wind and soft grass, it was the aroma of the untamed wilds where she belonged.

“Nothing like a good cup of tea in the afternoon sun” she remarked, looking up to see that it was indeed just about that time of the day.

“I appreciate your hospitality and company and that you lightened my load” Trava said as she stood up, her face disappearing behind her mask.

“But I really should get going. Gotta sell this catch and get back to civilization for a while, though I think I got my fill of that here in a way”

“Oh… Well, thank you anyway,” he sipped his tea and watched Lesterin enjoying her tea. After that, she stood up, and a feeling of the upcoming parting stang him. “May the Great Spirit guide you,” he looked up at her. “I really hope to see you again soon.”

“I wouldn’t mind either” Trava said with one final smile. Grabbing her belongings and adjusting her mask so it sat right.

“Give Soro my best, will you?”

As Trava mentioned him, the Toa of Ice returned and looked at her, grabbing his staff that stood near the tree.

“Where are you heading, sister?” he asked, slowly moving forward to her.

They were so long away from all the Koros that Soro thought empires fell and rose in time of his absence. He wanted to return to his home for some time, to Ko-Koro, and see what happened to it, for he heard only rumors and whispers.

“Kikao might want to return as well,” he thought to himself, looking at his apprentice.

Soro returned in what Trava would’ve called “the nick of time” as he moved towards her with the subtlety of the breeze.

“I go wherever the wind takes me” she would’ve said had she been like all the rest, but she wasn’t.

“I’m planning on dragging this carcass to some place not too far from here where I’ve noticed a lot of people going about. I need to satisfy my curiosity”

Soro noded, closing his eyes for a moment.

“Would you mind if we accompany you?” the Toa of Ice turned to face Kikao. “What do you say?”

“Good plan,” Kikao cheered up and smiled. “We need to resupply anyway. Also it is always nice to see new places, don’t you think, miss Trava?” he got up and started to gather their things.

“Whoa now OK” Trava begin, about to give her usual not-so-polite dismissal before her gaze was drawn to Kikao and the big smile on his face, and the excitedness with which he did something so mundane as pack.

“Oh alright” she muttered in defeat.

“Sure, you can come along. Wouldn’t have it any other way”

“Great!” smiled Soro, petting Kikao’s head and then moving closer to Trava.

As he did, his smile faded away and he looked her in the eye. He caught her sudden change of emotions and felt a need to have a little chat with her before they depart. With a gesture, he suggested they move a bit farther from camp as Kikao collects their belongings.

They slowly moved to the forest as Soro started to speak:

“You didn’t have to agree,” he said, looking forward and stepping lightly on roots. “But I’m glad you did. Thank you, Trava.”

“Yeah well, Kikao’s an agreeable fellow, and I don’t wanna crush him either.” Trava said with a dismissive wave of her hand.

“Although, if he ever comes across a Toa Stone… let me know alright?”

Leaves softly crumbled under his feet as Soro stopped and looked at Trava with typical piercing gaze of the Toa of Ice. Calm as frozen lakes, his eyes weren’t judging, but understanding. Soft smile yet again appeared on his chiseled face and he nodded to her before returning to campsite. He helped Kikao pack everything they needed and both of them were soon with Trava again, ready to follow her lead.

“Alright” Trava said as she threw a glance across Soro and Kikao in turn, before she turned on her heel and strode off, at a pace that seemed quick and mindful, but not so that she disappeared before her companions.

Occasionally, just for a second or two, she’d stop, look around a few times, crouch down and inspect the ground, before nodding to herself and continuing.

At the moment Soro returned from their private talk with Trava, Kikao managed to gather the most of things into one big knapsack. He looked pretty happy because he knew that they will walk together for a little longer. He really wanted to know more about Lesterin, and about Trava in particular. In his thoughts he came to a conclusion that her way of dealing with beasts was noble and almost looked like some kind of ritual. He promised that he will fight a Rahi beast one on one someday when he’ll become Toa and master his hand-to-hand combat skills. They finished packing up in silence, Ko-matoran put on the knapsack and they followed Trava.

When they reached Lesterin huntress, Kikao asked her:

“Miss Trava, where are we going?”

“Only to someplace nearby they call Pala-Koro,” Trava replied, craning her neck to cast a short glance at Kikao before returning to the task at hand, “it used to be a fortress town for some mercenary band that were against Makuta, but since then it’s become a Ghost town, and only recently did I notice that there was activity there again. It’s looking like someone trying to breathe some life back into the old ruin after all these months”

“It’d be nice having somewhere new to visit, at least” she muttered, more to herself than to her curios companion.

“A noble cause,” remarked Soro as they walked.

“I suppose, if you want to call it that fine by me, I see it more as useful”

Nobility was a relatively foreign concept to Trava, she got what she herself worked for, and expected others to do the same, or as was the case earlier when she’d shared her food with Kikao and Soro, agree on something mutually beneficial.

As they passed through the underbrush, they finally saw the city reveal itself before them, in various states of repair from here to there, and Laka Pala glittered in the afternoon sun.

Trava nodded in approval

“Really is a nice place they’ve got here.”

• Upvote 1

IC Jetzul

"Ungh!!!" This time, most of the lasers were on target. Many of them had already hit before Jetzul could get a metal shield up. "Oh dear, losing my balance." He was starting to run out of EE; he had to do something. Making a metal slide, he slide down to the ground while forming armor around himself; by the time he hit the ground, he was completely encased on plate armor. "Agh, now I've got to use direct combat..." He adopted a ready stance with his sword.

IC: Kythera

"I certainly like to think so."

The female voice born of lethargy floated out unbidden from the treeline, as if nature roused herself from an eternal sleep to speak to the three beings making their way out from the underbrush and to the clearing surrounding the stone-walled Koro laid out before them. Despite the relaxed tone of the reply, it seemed to carry within it a calculated edge that foiled attempts to identify it's source until a few heartbeats after it dissipated through the growth-less area.

Behind and above them.

"I suppose I'm biased," it came again, drawing wandering gazes toward's its source in the trees. There, her lithe form supported by a moss-covered branch on which she sat, was a Vortixx, obviously female, clad in set of light grey armor. Though her ice-blue gaze wasn't on the somewhat odd grouping of beings before her, but rather on the sky just visible through the treetops, her head resting on the trunk of the gnarled tree she was perched on, while one of her feet hung free. How she remained undetected just above where they had passed not a minute ago, even to a seasoned hunter, was a mystery in of itself. Barring aside the more obvious questions.

"Good to hear from another soul, though," She spoke once again, lifting her head to look down at the group. Two Toa, and a Matoran.

No, not a Toa. The green one was colored wrong. The way she held herself. Confident, though not as if she had been gifted an unexplainable power. She looked ready. Kythera saw a part of herself as she studied the not-Toa (Lesterin? They were becoming more common these days.).

With a single deft motion, the Vortixx dropped from her perch in the greenery, landing in the damp earth of the jungle with nary a sound.

"You'll be wanting the Grand Tour too then, huh?"

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC: Trava (Pala-Koro)

"Awfully generous of you, fellow leaf-runner" Trava replied after a nod of approval as Kythera descended to the ground before them, this Vortixx knew how to get around, it was clear to Trava right away.

Since she was within walking distance of town anyway, Trava removed her mask again and tucked it away in her pack, throwing the Vortixx a premature "yeah, what of it?" look as she presented herself and her companions.

"Name's Trava, the librarian's Kikao and Mr. Way-too-warmly-clothed-for-this-kind-of weather is Soro"

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Kikao

Ko-Matoran shuddered as someone addressed Trava from behind and above. He took his combat staff - which Trava never saw before - off the storage module and turned towards the voice, ready for anything. Lean figure with prolonged head in silver and gray armor. These species were more known to Kikao than Lesterin. This woman was definitely a Vortixx. Shady people, very skilled in weapon engineering and a very bit in trade. But this one was more of a traveler and... yes. She was a fighter. It was in her pose, in the way her armor was made. She spoke to Trava, and she answered. Then she introduced her, Soro and Kikao and called him a librarian. He sighed in slight irritation.

"I am monk, miss Trava, not a librarian," he grumbled and stuck his staff into the ground.

Edited by The Mugbearer

IC: Soro | Le-Wahi, Pala-Koro

Soro smiled coldly at nickname that Trava gave him during introduction. He found it amusing enough for a response, but he didn't do anything else. He didn't even stop. The Toa of Ice proceeded to walk towards Pala-Koro and encouraged Kikao to follow him with a light nod. As he passed Vortixx, Soro lifted his head and looked at her with emotionless face, yet in his eyes was sparkling wit.

"And you look awfully unqualified for a tour guide," he noted before passing her completely.

"Maybe once or twice, but I could never really get used to the humidity. Also, treespeak has always confused me to no end. I could never figure out why, but it's probably the constant repetition. The areas really nice though, and that's one reason I rarely come here. With powers like mine, I could accidenitly cause the whole south of the island to go up in cinders and ash." He noticed that they we getting close, and decided to slow down a bit to conserve energy. Athiel hadn't eaten in over a day, or hydrated for that matter. "Well, there she is, Le-Koro. The City of Music as I call it, for odvious reasons. Even if it is more like a village than a city, but the Village of Music doesn't have the same ring to it."

My BZPRPG Characters

Kythera raised an eyebrow at the Toa of Ice's back as he passed her without slowing in his headlong march towards the walled village, though otherwise seemed unfazed by his icy observation. She'd heard worse, as a foreigner in a land dominated by another species.

"It's all part of the charm and image of excitement we've got going here," She commented, her steps taking her silently along behind them. "Same as the village-in-the-middle-of-the-jungle, partway-destroyed-overgrown-stone-wall, burnt-out-buildings, and general hidden-ruins-in-the-middle-of-nowhere vibe."

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC Jetzul

"Okay, keep your distance, discourage advancement." Tiny spikes shot up from the ground. They would hurt like a if stepped on, but they would ultimately be nothing more than a nuisance. The sword in his hand morphed into a shield; his protosteel cane was weapon enough.

IC: Kikao

Ko-Matoran followed his mentor, not paying attention to Vortixx. He just held his staff close just in case. He was told that Vortixx are not to be trusted, and until Soro would say opposite, traveling monk was gonna stick to this line of attitude. He, however, observed ruins of Pala-Koro as they were coming closer. From the other coast of the lake they looked different, inanimate and uninhabitable, but now he's seen that they were pretty much alive since matorans were busy bringing this place to life.

Edited by The Mugbearer

Kythera raised an eyebrow at the Toa of Ice's back as he passed her without slowing in his headlong march towards the walled village, though otherwise seemed unfazed by his icy observation. She'd heard worse, as a foreigner in a land dominated by another species.

"It's all part of the charm and image of excitement we've got going here," She commented, her steps taking her silently along behind them. "Same as the village-in-the-middle-of-the-jungle, partway-destroyed-overgrown-stone-wall, burnt-out-buildings, and general hidden-ruins-in-the-middle-of-nowhere vibe."

"I think you forgot 'full-of-company' there" Trava replied in good humour as she saw Kikao and Soro skate past the Vortixx.

"I am monk, miss Trava, not a librarian,"

"Alright, alright, don't get your robe in a twist" she called back.

She gave the Vortixx a look that said 'Natives, huh?' before she followed the two.

Edited by Gyro Gearloose

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

Kythera smirked at the Lesterin's look, which required no words for it to convey its meaning. I've got you, girl.

"Can call me Kythera, everyone else does," She continued, though her tone was that of one who did not expend an inordinate amount of energy speaking, it held within it an underlying cheerfulness that was quite uncharacteristic of her species. However, with the way she was able to subtle manipulate her voice before, it probably came as little surprise.

With several well-placed, feline steps, Kythera pulled ahead of the odd trio, angling herself on a lazy path towards the gate which was the only visible hole in the stone wall.

"So what brings a Toa, a monk, and a Lesterin to our little project?" She asked after a silence filled with only the sounds of the jungle, taking a guess at the last one.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

Qyntar slowed down in accordance with his partner Athiel, landing on a branch relatively next to him and jumping alongside him. "Alright, it's just a few more bios, and then we're there. Come on!"

With that, he sped up, trying to inspire Athiel into going faster.

Qyntar grinned. He had always loved the canopy of the Koro. The tall trees, the wind breezing across the treetops... Although it hadn't always been that way for him.

Seeing as Qyntar sped up, so did he accordingly. He was enjoying himself now. Any grievances had been forgotten, with joy in its stead. Something then clicked inside his head, something he had been to distracted to notice. "Where are all the Rahi, I'd have expected to see some Gukko flying about, or an odd Nui-Rama. Yet we have been traveling undisturbed since we left the cave."

My BZPRPG Characters

"You didn't hear? They destroyed the Nui-Rama hive a while ago. And even then, with the Makuta gone, they'd be mostly harmless." Qyntar leapt from one branch to the next with utter ease, utilizing his powers to great effect. Finally, he reached the furthest platform of the Koro, landing on it with grace only a trained athlete could achieve... or someone with power over gravity. Qyntar turned back to watch Athiel.

IC (Sisk):

"Demons?", Sisk asked, walking over to the opposite side of the table and sat down across from Merror. His limp had considerably lessened, but he was still slightly hobbling, which explained why he still used the cane as well.

"What Demons are do you mean-refer to? Nothing evil-bad creepy-crawling out from deep-down of the dark walks, is there?"

IC (Merror)

"It wouldn't surprise me if there were," Merror replied, "but no, that's not what I was referring to. Echelon escaped again."

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC: ...

I remember how to read, right?

...Yes, of course I do. So, then...

Tarex stood at a fork in the stone path, staring a hole into the left-bound sign. Sure enough, his grasp on reading was still in a steel trap. As were many things, especially regarding the region of Le-Wahi, which would explain his surprise at what he beheld.

"Pala-koro..." he mumbled, his usual frown morphing into a perplexed grimace. He knew the area. He'd heard there was a village in the Wahi, Le-Koro, but as the rightward sign indicated, that was still a fair, fair ways off.

This was new. He didn't like it. How could you live this long here and never know of a village somewhat nearby? A glance at the path leading to it showed that it became more a dirt trail than a paved stone road, suggesting it to be a relatively recent development...

But still, it has to be established enough to make the road there. Meaning, there was a fair chance he had chances to stumble upon it back when he and Jol had lived here.

He didn't like that thought, but it was there. And so he stood, brooding over his plan of attack. He didn't like this sudden, unknown new factor into his travels, especially not when it could throw off his knowledge of the one Wahi he'd claim to know like the back of his hand. A new power in the region could make his life rougher than usual. It was bad enough being a traveler when there were only six koros eyeing each other suspiciously. Getting caught in the crossfire of political disputes was an easy way to waste one's time.

Well, there was only one way to find out what this place was like. And there wasn't any way he'd let it lie without at least getting some bearing on it.

He started down the dirt path.

Could use a bit of a rest anyway.

OOC: Homeboy is totes up for interaction by the way

helo frens

"So what brings a Toa, a monk, and a Lesterin to our little project?" She asked after a silence filled with only the sounds of the jungle, taking a guess at the last one.

"Mostly curiosity, methinks." Trava replied as she looked around, "I mean, I can't speak for my hang-ons here but it certainly rings true for me. I'd almost gotten used to this place being a ruin after that big fight between the Madrihk's Boy Scouts and the Makuta Fan Club. It's nice to see the place livening up again"

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...