BZPRPG - Le-Wahi

Nuju Metru

OOC: *creepy smile*

I'm baaaaaaaaaack

IC

Toa Joske

Prolouge: The Return

Dum dum dedumdum...

The wave splashed against my boat, an island looming before my eyes. Not just any island.  The  island. My island. Mata-Nui 

Home.

Pirate-themed music played in the back of my head as my craft slid across the water, midday sun high above me as a still breeze played at my back, the smell of the salty brine wafting playing across my nose. I was hanging loosely from the single mast, striking a heroic pose as I sailed in from the great beyond, some feet above the water. I took a breath. Was it pride I stood like this? The fact that I made it back without help from Stannis? My own vanity and the need to show off my dashing good looks?

Nope.

I had a leaky boat.

I looked down, watching my craft slowly fill with water as it struggled, limped into port. The journey home had taken its toll on my glorified life raft, stubbornly clinging to whatever life it had left. And simply put I didn't think it was going to make it.

Unless...

Lifting my chin up I flared my nostrils, resuming that pose as I gliding across the bay, my craft slowly sinking. Slowing, sinking, slowing, sinking...

With seemingly practiced ease I leaned forward and took a step just as my sinking boat came to rest at the bottom of the shallow bay, striding across the dock that it had stopped just in front of, right in time with the music in my head. The thuds of my footsteps reverberated on the waterlogged wood as I hummed along, getting stares from the dock workers and other assorted characters that happened to be standing there. Where in the world did this Toa come from? Why was a Toa of Fire sailing across the vast ocean? Didn't they hate water? And how did he manage to pull off that stunt in such epic fashion?

As I strode down the walkway I passed by the stunned harbormaster. "H-Hold up there, you! It's a widget to tie up your boat to the dock. And I shall need to know your name."

I paused, my body rocking slightly from the momentum of the sudden stop. I turned to see a still stunned but now slightly defiant matoran, clinging rather tightly to his book. Reaching my hand into my pocket, I placed some objects on his table.

"What do you say to three widgets, and we forget the name?"

Our eyes met.

"...Welcome to Mata-Nui, Mr. Smith."

With a grin and a nod I turned and faced the island, taking in a full breath of salty air.

"So... what have I missed?"

Edited by Friar Tuck
  • Upvote 5

Living large... like clown-shoe size large. Complete with nose, rainbow-colored hair, and a bottle of seltzer water.

tumblr_lrgowllgeP1qzda76o1_500.jpg

NPC:

"Dorian Shaddix, Commander - I want him arrested!"

No surprise there.

"Insubordination! Veiled threats! He flirted with a police officer!

Shock of all shocks.

"Do you really expect to ever see our boat again?" A lean, angry Toa of Plantlife with a recurve bow slung over her shoulder was boring into her commander with her complaints and questions, hardly event bent over. The angry clickclick of her steps bounced off the harbor while her long-suffering Ga-Matoran superior inspected boats. "He thinks he can just waltz right in and make geology puns and smile with his pretty, pretty teeth and I will not stand for it!"

-Tyler

Edited by Brooklyn Pace-Carlisle
  • Like 1

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: "Hey, this is actually pretty neat. Talk me through what exactly you're doing right now?" Cipher said, shifting his position a little to get a better viewing angle of the process.

Why's everyone so tense, anyhow?

Doesn't seem too bad.

Lighten up, people.

helo frens

IC

Toa Joske

"Dorian Shaddix, Commander - I want him arrested!"

Say what now?

My head whipped around as I attempted to pinpoint where I heard that. Not even thirty seconds back and I already heard a name I was all too familiar with. And that voice sounded pis-

"Insubordination! Veiled threats! He flirted with a police officer!

Good to see absolutely nothing has changed.

"Do you really expect to ever see our boat again?" I finally tracked down the voice as I skittied to a stop around a pile of barrels. There was a lean, angry Toa of Plantlife with a recurve bow slung over her shoulder standing there boring into her commander with a rapid-fire barrage of complaints and questions, superior officer hardly even bent over from the impact of the words. The angry clickclick of her steps bounced off the harbor while her long-suffering Ga-Matoran superior inspected boats. "He thinks he can just waltz right in and make geology puns and smile with his pretty, pretty teeth and I will not stand for it!"

There's my cue.

"Maybe I can help?"

If ever there was a sudden and crashing stop to a tirade, that was it as both heads swiveled in unison in my direction. I gave my best grin without trying to copy Dor's (or was Dor's a copy of mine? I couldn't remember), looking as helpful as I could.

"I happen to know the guy pretty well... in fact I'm kinda looking for him myself at the moment! If you could steer me in the direct he went I could, you know, talk to him, persuade him in giving it back? He's not the only persuasive Toa in the area."

Yeah, that sounds a LOT better than Dor. It took all I had not to slap my forehead.

Edited by Friar Tuck
  • Upvote 2

Living large... like clown-shoe size large. Complete with nose, rainbow-colored hair, and a bottle of seltzer water.

NPC:

The Marine looked at her commander, who shrugged without eyes ever straying from the markings on the boat she inspected. It was clear that she wasn't happy with the arrangement - she would never trust a good looking male Toa again - but her eyes regarded Joske with a glimmer of hope. Maybe, if he could get the boat back, this wouldn't end up on her record...

"You can get our boat back."

"Yuh-huh."

"Without damage."

"Yuh-huh."

"With Dorian? And the money he owes the Marines for any damage he probably did that we can't find at first?"

"Yuh-huh."

The Marine's eyes narrowed.

"What we're doing, Cipher, is setting up context. Utu didn't feel emotion just like that. It took a series of little events that built up to big emotion. We can't trigger any emotion out of him just by me walking away. If it was as easy as that, I'd just break up with him." I stepped back from the makeshift little Yuru and patted him on the head once or twice. "Alright. Yuru here is only important because, well, Utu wanted him dead and he died. I could do it, but my physician tells me that's a slippery slope to something called a psychotic relapse. Sounds spooky. Cipher, want to do the honors of punching a whole through this mannequin?"

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC

Toa Joske

"Weeellllll I can't promise anything, ma'am." I said trying ever so hard not to look intimidated from those steely eyes. "Dor's a bit of a, um, shall we say, maverick. But I can promise you this-"

There was a streak of red, and a flash of a heartlight later I was twirling a pair of cuffs between my fingers. "I'll bring him back. Oh yes, we have some unfinished business, him and I. Unfinished business." I was still grinning, but a glint of protosteel flashed in my eyes. If there was one thing I learned from the guy, never get mad.

Get even.

"Hey... where are my cuff-"

The Toa's hand was on her empty belt slot, with a death look on her mask. I could feel that stupid boyish grin creep across my own mask once again. Such a long time since I've busted out THAT look-

Was she growling?

Yeah, best not stick around.

"Riiight, you keep the keys. I'll bring him back! Promise!"

I was already speeding along the piers, racing to the nearest speedboat, not even pausing to leap inside and yank the pull-chord, the tiny engine sputtering and coughing to life. Striking a post in the back of the boat I stood tall, pointing out to sea past the lighthouse.

"Off to apprehend the master criminal! Yo-hooooooooo!"

That last part was drowned out by the roar of the engine as I sped away.

"So you say they went down there?!"

The Toa of Air merely nodded silently, and gave an exasperated sigh. Oh, I didn't mind water, not at all, which was of course unusual for someone like me, but the idea of deep-diving wasn't exactly high on my to-do list today. This was a complicated undertaking for Dorian, which made me even MORE interesting in finding out what he was doing out here. A large sea-going vessel, a full crew, multiple Toa of Air for diving... for what exactly?

Only one way to find out.

Only a few moments later I found myself overboard and under water, surrounded by a small pocket-bubble of air. This reminded me on that dive in Ga-Koro to that underwater temple. The same dive where I found out Cael had ditched me. Which later that night I found out-

Best not think about that bud. You need to focus.

I snapped back to reality. Yeah. Focus on the present. You have enough to worry about in the present than thinking about the past. Like how are you going to explain yourself when you finally meet everyone?

That was a question I had been avoiding for a while now... and one I planned on continuing to avoid.

For quite some time if I could.

Already the water was getting darker and dropping in temperature as I sped to the sea floor. My mask was glowing slightly, using a fraction of its power to drive me downwards as my feet kicked in a blur of motion. It didn't take long for me to find them, but it wasn't the group of Toa that garnered my attention; it was the huge freaking underwater structure that loomed out of the darkness before me.

Ok, just HOW many underwater temples does this island have again?!

I shook my head and continued my decent, focusing on the group coming into view. Should I float to the bottom and walk up? Should I announce myself? Should I simply hang back and watch until my air supply runs out?

Nah, just going to get this over with as quickly as possible - and hope one of them don't kill me in the process.

So without further thought I shot to seabed, flipping around and turning on the brakes as our air bubbles melded, seamlessly allowing me to literally drop in the middle of this group of underwater explorers. With a dignified brush of the shoulder I stood up to my fullest height, feeling the energy of those here change. I didn't even have to look around it was that drastic... like a bomb had showed up instead of me. I turned my head to look at Dorian, the Toa of Iron, the man of the hour, the guy I was down here looking for, the sad stud himself.... with slow, precise movements I raised the pair of cuffs.

"I've been deputized by the Marines to bring you in. Charges include Grand Theft, Larceny, Threatening an Officer of the Peace, Insubordination, Inappropriate Flirting, Tackiness, and being Too Studly and Persuasive. I am also authorized to give you two demerits for bad use of puns. Will you come peacefully for will have tell you bad jokes and laugh at them myself until you surrender?"

Best part? The whole time I said this, deadpan face. Yeah.

OOC: kk, that's enough of tuck for one day (just all tuckered out from posting, ya know?) Ya'll be good now and individually post your responses. Next time I'm on (which will be soon, promise ;) ) I'll make my replies. try not to kill him, please?

Edited by Friar Tuck
  • Upvote 4

IC (Merror)

Merror nodded.

'You're right to be cautious, Valria,' he said. 'I'm counting on you being on your guard. Still, it's all too easy for a vulnerable person to fall in with the wrong crowd, and Echelon has a strange...charisma, I suppose, for the unstable. This Matoran says he's strayed into the shadow, but is looking for redemption.'

He shrugged.

'I have to believe in that.'

IC: (Valria)

"That's fine, you can trust him, but don't expect me to, not out of the gate. If he gains my trust then that will be great. He doesn't have it now, I'll need better proof than just his words. As much as we can tarry on this subject I'd prefer if we start talking how we're going to destroy Echelon. To be honest there's quite a few purchases I think we'll need to make before we go after him and stop this monster dead in his tracks. Every day we wait is a day he gets stronger." I replied. I respected Merror and I was willing to work with him, but he shouldn't expect others to trust blindly like that. Too many things have gone wrong, too many people have gotten hurt by such behavior. I turned to Aerus, the matoran and supposedly ex-ally to Echelon.

"I think you already know forgiveness and trust is not something you are given. It is something you earn, and it can be shattered very easily. Merror is putting faith in you, and I will respect that. However if you betray that trust, expect punishment, because it will be swift. On that you can trust me." I said to him. I went back to sipping my coffee, we've spent a lot of time talking, but not a lot of time doing. It was time to get back out in the field, and Echelon was due a reckoning and I planned on being one of the people to deliver it.

IC (Agni):

Indeed, what she said, I thought to myself as I finished up breakfast. While I shared the sentiment towards Echelon's former servant, the look in Valria's eyes did stir up a slight worry in me. It was mostly the vengeful tone in her voice that I just wasn't used to. It already made me feel sorry for Echelon.

"Trust or not," I spoke up, "we'll have to move out to track and find him. Best place to start will be his old hiding place, I can use my other mask to find the trail."

"Let's go and get any additional gear we'll need." 

I looked at Aerus. "And along the way, you can tell us anything else you know that might help."

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC: "Oh, sure, hand that sucker over. I punch holes in things like nobody's business."

Most of all your MO-- oh hello

Cipher turned and looked between Dorian and this... flamboyant, to say the least, newcomer. Dropping the mannequin, he kept his expression fairly neutral despite the strong feeling of where the karz did this guy come from.

Better to err on the side of caution. Draw the Falcata instead of the Halberd, we're pressed for space here;  poking the air bubble out from the inside, while potentially hilarious, would not be the smartest of moves.

So he did that, stepping over a bit more to interpose himself between his friend and his friend's... friend?

"I take it you know this guy, Dor?" he asked warily, not even beginning to question how fruity pebbles just... appeared here. Did he have some sort of "teleport to Shaddix" mask?

I thought that was just a chick thing.

"...He always like this?" he added at length, puzzlement at the intruder's demeanor unable to be contained. Whomever he was, he seemed to think pretty highly of himself.

And Dor.

Nui.

Edited by Snoop Razz

helo frens

IC: Tuara Drigton

Tuara felt the slight shockwave of another body disturbing their bubble as it shot through the outer layers. Much like the others - Tuara got lower to the ground as if preparing for the collapse of their only real safe place on the ocean floor.

The soon-to-be-angry Toa of fire heard feet hit the soft ground, "What the-"

She turned around to glare at the intruder who very well could have killed everybody. There he was, standing proudly with the same dumb grin she'd seen standing next to her at Guard school.

"Son of a ."

Utu chimed in at the top stairs of the temple, "Who's that?"

Edited by Palm

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

IC Hile

(Le-Wahi):

"You said the mask belonged to one of your teammates, so he's got to have something to do with it."

IC: Jakura

Jakura rolled his eyes. "I said his body was never found. That goes for his mask, too. Any number of things could've brought it into this Matoran's hands."

IC: Skyra Daring 

Something disturbed my bubble, one moment it had been the size it was suppose to be, the next thing I knew it was bigger than before and had nearly POPPED. When I spotted the bloody source I looked absolutely livid

"I've been deputized by the Marines to bring you in. Charges include Grand Theft, Larceny, Threatening an Officer of the Peace, Insubordination, Inappropriate Flirting, Tackiness, and being Too Studly and Persuasive. I am also authorized to give you two demerits for bad use of puns. Will you come peacefully for will have tell you bad jokes and laugh at them myself until you surrender?"

"What. The. ." That was all I managed to say, I took a couple deep breaths, but that only reminded me of the BUBBLE I was trying to maintain. Joske Nimil had appeared out of literally nowhere, while we were trying to get the temple open, his timing sucked, just like him. 

"Hello Joske, I'm Commander Skyra of the Gukko Force, we've met before, though you probably don't even recall since you were too busy being an ." I laughed, but not the happy amused kind of laugh. Yeah, that kind. He probably didn't recognize me at all, nor should he really, considering I had a different body... Different sex too...

"I just have one little question...THE YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING!? ENTERING MY BUBBLE WITHOUT PERMISSION, YOU !" 

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: "Sounds like a 'yes, he's always like this' to me if I've ever heard one. Creepy."

"Whatever it is, I'm a bit worried about Dor's safety." Cipher said. "I'm not talking about prison, or anything, either."

"I mean I'm glad he decided to put the spotlight on himself so we all know what he's tryin' to pull, but that just makes me not like this even more."

helo frens

IC: Derlath

"I'd be happy to. Onu-Koro has been a little... Unsafe, if that word can be used by those in my line of work," Derlath answered as he finished the last of the mushroom soup.

IC: Komuhu released a thin smile. "Good to hear. So, let's move on to the proposal...how do work benefits such as "access to the island's rarest substance" sound to you?"

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

IC:

"Fantastic." 

The comment, dry as Po-Wahi, was uttered under the breath of a certain De-Toa. His annoyance wasn't really with the new arrival specifically; more with their addition to an already irritating situation. Krayn had not wanted to go off course, meet up with an eclectic collection of allies and former enemies, and venture into ruins underwater. He'd wanted to continue on to Ga-Koro, meet up with some friends, and maybe find out what was up with the letter he had received. 

As such, his annoyance was spread, in various quantities, between Joske, Dorian, Utu, and last but not least, his own commanding officer. Who was now screaming at the new arrival, which was very unpleasant before he toned down the sound as it reached his ears. Judging by the various reactions, she wasn't the only one irritated by the Ta-Toa... Flashy, arrival.

"This is fantastic. Hey, can we invite some Rahkshi? Maybe Echelon? I think we haven't got a diverse enough group here. Or a muddled enough purpose."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC (Cael)

Cael's heart seemed to pause a moment, then frantically resume its pace, the blood in her ears suddenly drowning out coherent thought. Hardly aware she was moving, she took a tentative step towards the Toa of Fire, then another-

-only to be stopped by a hand on her shoulder, gently pulling her back. It was Dorian. The Toa of Iron was silent amidst the others' cries of surprise, his eyes reflecting what he wouldn't say.

Is it really him?

She understood. Turning back to the man she hoped beyond hope was Joske, she spoke, softly.

"Joske. If it's really you... what were the last words you said to me before you dove to the Temple of Purity?"

There was another way she could have phrased that question. What were the last words you said to me before I died?

"I'd be happy to. Onu-Koro has been a little... Unsafe, if that word can be used by those in my line of work," Derlath answered as he finished the last of the mushroom soup.

IC: Komuhu released a thin smile. "Good to hear. So, let's move on to the proposal...how do work benefits such as "access to the island's rarest substance" sound to you?"

Derlath frowned a little.

"I would caution against using such superlative adjectives. Although from the sound of it, it does not seems unjustified," Derlath remarked.

Edited by Norik Of Celtania

IC: "I personally think Matoran are underrepresented." Cipher quipped in response. "I know a guy from Ko. Hilarious kid, never shuts up and finds a way to have fun with whatever you can think of. Dor'd love him. Rest of you'd hate his guts in two minutes."

helo frens

IC

Toa Joske

Confusion. Talking. Screaming. There was so much going on, an angry swell of raw emotion rolling around in this tiny pocket of air... yet it didn't bother me. Or more like I didn't notice it. It was as if it was all fading away, like I was on a boat sailing away into the distance with the commotion becoming faint and then unhearable babble. The world faded away as a single figure stepped out from behind Dorian.

And in that single moment I felt all my breath being taken away.

I forgot how beautiful you were.

In the back of my head I knew it must have been strange for this newcomer, this unannounced to be standing dumbstruck as others screamed in his face. The others... the other didn't know. Didn't understand. It had been so long... I felt that in that instant I became smitten all over again.

It was a wonderful feeling.

I began to walk forwards in a dazed stupor, rainbows and unicorns dancing around my head, my eyes locked into those soft, deep, endless gold orbs. I registered a sensation on my hand, realizing that I was pushing Skyra away via her mask

"If I cared about permission I would have never sought the Temple Crystals, let lone face Heuani."

Even lovestruck I could still nail a good putdown. One moment I was there, the next I found myself sweeping Cael into my arms, her lithe frame nearly weightless in my arms. I drilled into those fathomless twin suns, trying my best not lose myself in the moment-

What the karzahni am I talking about!? I'm a HOPELESS romantic!

"You mean, last words I said to you before you died?" I breathed slowly, for the first time in forever taking in the faint smell of her scent, "You mean that moment that just you and me on the boat floating in Naho Bay? Where you ridiculed me for never having dived before? Where all I did was ask for a kiss for luck and you pounced like a stalking cat? That time?" I gripped her tightly, feeling everything leading up to this moment, a smile dancing on my lips. The connection, the emotion, the irony... I closed my eyes and breathed out, speaking ever so slowly, simply experiencing the moment.

"Easy love, I'll be back in a little while. Just sit tight, ok? It'll all turn out fine. Just you wait and see." I paused, opening my eyes to slits so I could see enough to tap her under the chin.

"I love you."

Gently grabbing the back of her head I finally kissed her, unable and unwilling to hold myself back any longer. Ta-Toa were famous for their passion, usually for the wrong set of emotions, but we could bring it to other avenues as well. One moment we were standing, the next I dipped her, her back nearly horizontal with the ocean floor. How long we stayed like that I didn't know, but eventually we were upright again.

"Love?" I manged to meek out between smooches.

"Mmm?"

"I think... you... have something... of mine."

In my gentle manhandling of her I felt something rather familiar... and sharp. Enough that a brush caused minor pain and what I assumed open cut on my finger.

Thank Mata-Nui SHE was the one that had it.

"When we're done... I want it... back... Please."

Edited by Friar Tuck

IC: Cipher's eyes only narrowed slightly in suspicion, confusion, and a touch of some nebulous third emotion he couldn't quite place. Probably something along the lines of the first two, though.

"Dor, I signed up to go treasure-hunting. Not witness a man who just finished walking out of a cheesy romance novel re-unite with the team medic."

He looked to the Toa of Iron and pointed roughly at Joske with his Falcata. Not in a terribly threatening way, mind you, just a more "this is in my hand so I'll use it like a finger" kind of deal.

"Please make him... stop, or something. I dunno. He's been here for half a minute and he's already freakin' me out. Give him a treat and ask him nicely."

Calling it right now, if he doesn't deign to respond to this, he ignores me this entire time. I know guys like him typically work that way.

Fine by me. Gives me room to work as soon as he pulls whatever he's trying.

Besides trying to seduce Dor and the Doc.

The light bulb turned on.

Oh heeeeey, here's an idea. 

Homie likes at least two of the people here enough to make passes at 'em.

Why not try and work that to help us?

"Actually, hold on." he said right after, putting the falcata back within its' scabbard and relaxing his posture to a more diplomatic look. Play into that ego, he has plenty. Try and seem reasonable, and above all else, remind him who he likes.

"Hey, uh, Joske, right? Considering you came all the way down here just for Bright-Eyes'," he jerked a thumb to Dorian. "rear, threw a karz of a wrench into this entire plan by showing up, and are using the air that our lovely companion Skyra has diligently been maintaining, you mind at least helping him and us do this thing first?" Ciph asked, quashing his confusion for the sake of progress. He knew it was a gamble, but when all bets are off you may as well try something new.

He didn't know how gambling worked, cut him some slack.

"I mean, it's only fair. Tell you what, I'll even apologize for all the mean insinuations I was making. And about to make." he offered. "I'm sorry I just called you a character out of a bad romance novel. I've had a trying day, but it was still crass of me, and I've let my profession make me too loose with my tongue."

Just like your MO--Now ain't the time to be wrecking oneself save it for Dor.

"If you can find it within your heart to forgive me, I won't call you that again. Now, to start..." Never taking his eyes off Joske, he picked up the mannequin and tossed it his way. "We need a hole punched through that thing. You're a pretty big guy, why not take a crack at it? Please? For Dor?" 

He slid up next to one Mr. Shaddix. "Work with me on this one. You know what I'm going for, right?" he whispered out of the side of his mouth.

Edited by Snoop Razz

helo frens

OOC: Kavala and Iegasa from Ko-Wahi.

IC Kavala

(Le-Wahi):

Kavala was more familiar with the jungle region of the island than the cold mountains surrounding Mount Ihu. He didn't actually live in what is considered Le-Wahi, but the Kumu Islets had the same environment, if somewhat more wet. Kavala enjoyed being around foliage and humidity. Thanks to the Kanohi Kaukau that let him breath beneath the waves, he had had the chance to learn how to operate underwater even more efficiently than on land. The skill had become especially crucial after Xa-Koro had sunk.

The trees and plants also reminded Kavala of the earth. It was the element he commanded, and the place from which all plants sprung. Kavala could truly feel home here.

He led Iegasa onward in the murky swamp. "How are you doing with the mud?" he asked off-handedly as he saw the sticky black ground clinging to Iegasa's feet.