Ninjago: Rebooted Official Trailer

11-17-13-ninjago-reboot.jpgWe've seen the next line of Ninjago sets, and now we've got a preview of the upcoming season of the Ninjago television show. You can watch the trailer <a href='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIuGSfSKZPE' target='offsite'>here</a> to see what the Ninjas have in store for them next year. Between the Nindroids and mechs and new weapons, it should be pretty exciting.View the full article

Awww yea. This looks like it'll be an awesome season.

Just based off this trailer and the comments of people about how this is non-traditional ninja stuff, I'm hoping that the show deals with the ninja's 'uselessness' and out-of-placeness in this new technological city, and also very much stealth-ing around with nice armies of ninja-borgs after them. :P

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

I'M FREAKING OOOOUUUUT!!!

Seriously, though, I look forward to this like a kid. :D All our beloved characters from the Ninjago line are back and from what the trailer conveys, I have the impression this is going to be one of the best seasons yet. Also, I do not dislike the fact that Ninjago is discontinueing the traditional Japanese style, the series never being very puristic as fas as this aspect is concerned. Furthermore, while the new look may not correspond to traditional Japanese style which was more or less present in Ninjago's early years, consider the new style an update from traditional to modern Japanese style, which has greatly inspired and shaped the Cyberpunk sci-fi genre to which (,in my opinion,) Ninjago 2014 can be associated.-Gata signoff.png

Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

11-17-13-ninjago-reboot.jpgWe've seen the next line of Ninjago sets, and now we've got a preview of the upcoming season of the Ninjago television show. You can watch the trailer <a href='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIuGSfSKZPE' target='offsite'>here</a> to see what the Ninjas have in store for them next year. Between the Nindroids and mechs and new weapons, it should be pretty exciting.View the full article

Ok. It's flat out guessing time.

I'm guessing that it's been a few years since we last saw the ninja and ninjago city has been modernized.

There is a genius programmer/engineer named cyrus borg who created borg industries; a tech company.

Unfortunately, I'm betting that the overlord slipped into their system a la Makuta and is controlling the robots internally, also Cyrus Borg and Sensei Wu will both, at some point be possessed by the overlord.

leechfoam.gif "Copy and paste me into your sig! The shadows command you!"

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

tarakavabanner.jpg

#tumaislove,tumaislife

So super-psyched! I hope we get a set that includes Nya in her new costume from the trailer — it seems a lot less generic than most alternate costumes that don't appear in the sets, and besides, it looks as though they could have left her in her classic costume for that scene if they didn't have a pressing reason for a costume change.The animation continues to impress, and I like the electronic touches to the music. Really, the blending of traditional and modern musical styles has always been something I love about the Ninjago soundtrack, because it fits perfectly with the theme's inherent anachronisms.I'm also excited by the story that's going to be told in these new episodes. It definitely doesn't seem like it'll be retreading old ground.Does Kai in this trailer remind anyone else of David Tennant as the tenth doctor?

Also, I do not dislike the fact that Ninjago is discontinueing the traditional Japanese style, the series never being very puristic as fas as this aspect is concerned. Furthermore, while the new look may not correspond to traditional Japanese style which was more or less present in Ninjago's early years, consider the new style an update from traditional to modern Japanese style, which has greatly inspired and shaped the Cyberpunk sci-fi genre to which (,in my opinion,) Ninjago 2014 can be associated.

Agreed on this point. A lot of the architecture we've seen in the concept art, promotional images, and now the trailer still has a very Japanese flavor to it, much as the architecture in Ninjago City has always had. It's just a whole lot more urban and modern. I hope some of that architecture shows up in the sets at some point — as beautiful as the temples and dojos we've gotten in the sets have been, they do not fully capture the diverse locales of the series.Furthermore, some of the concept art shows that there WILL be more traditional-looking buildings in the series, just not in New Ninjago City where most of this trailer takes place.

This new direction seem exciting to me. I really love the atmosphere of New Ninjago city.

Does anyone else find it weird we haven't seen Lloyd in the trailer? I wonder if he's going to have less of a part in this season.

"Not luck. It's what you do that makes you a hero." -Toa Kopaka

This new direction seem exciting to me. I really love the atmosphere of New Ninjago city. Does anyone else find it weird we haven't seen Lloyd in the trailer? I wonder if he's going to have less of a part in this season.

I think it was revealed somewhere on the LEGO Club website that he's touring Ninjago. Sounds like he won't appear before several episodes into the series.-Gata signoff.png

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

This new direction seem exciting to me. I really love the atmosphere of New Ninjago city. Does anyone else find it weird we haven't seen Lloyd in the trailer? I wonder if he's going to have less of a part in this season.

I think it was revealed somewhere on the LEGO Club website that he's touring Ninjago. Sounds like he won't appear before several episodes into the series.-Gata signoff.png

I approve of the Lloyd respite. He felt like the focus of the entire second half of the second season, and I felt like the original characters' role wasn't that much - they were overshadowed by how awesome Lloyd was. This was to some degree necessary - he was to beat the Overlord, after all - but I want to see the original characters back in action again.

I approve of the Lloyd respite. He felt like the focus of the entire second half of the second season, and I felt like the original characters' role wasn't that much - they were overshadowed by how awesome Lloyd was. This was to some degree necessary - he was to beat the Overlord, after all - but I want to see the original characters back in action again.

Same. Nothing against Lloyd, but I'm glad the other ninja are getting more spotlight again. ^_^-Gata signoff.png

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Does Kai in this trailer remind anyone else of David Tennant as the tenth doctor?

Yes. I need that outfit he has in fig form, just to have a DW lego without resorting to Character Building (DUN DUN DUNNNNNN)

3018587.png
Credit be to Strack for my avatar, who I WILL moc one day, the avatar I mean ........
Life is a whole lot of everything-Cleverbot
What What What.-Cleverbot
My steam name is Toa Gears °▲Delta, add me if you wish

TBH, I'm not quite as thrilled as I was in previous years. Probably because of the non-traditional Japanese look of this season.

Eh, I've been hearing complaints that Ninjago isn't "oriental enough" since it came out, so that part honestly doesn't bug me anymore.

This new direction seem exciting to me. I really love the atmosphere of New Ninjago city.

Does anyone else find it weird we haven't seen Lloyd in the trailer? I wonder if he's going to have less of a part in this season.

Considering he appears in two sets, I assume he has some sort of role. Although I am fine with the others getting more attention. ;)

:music: