Bzprpg - Kini-Nui

Friar Tuck

IC: Jotham saw the minute shift in the earth before him in the brief moment before he stepped onto it. He was moving far too quickly to stop himself, so he used his momentum to execute a leaping dive to his right, planning to come up in a roll and keep going. What he did not plan on was the sudden wall of purplish-black flames that burst up before him. What... Time seemed to slow as he flew airborne toward the flames. Never seen anything like that before...How? Of course, the cloaked Toa. Must be his element. But what...? Rather than giving off light, the flames seemed to absorb it, if that were possible. Like a cross between Fire and Shadow. A creation of Makuta, to be sure.But these split-second observations did little to help him with the imminent problem of the shadow-flames directly in his path. Jotham gasped in pain as the flames licked at his body. His leap had taken him over the worst of the fire, but it was still enough to cause him to hit the ground wrong. He clumsily executed a roll and rose unsteadily to his feet. His pursuers were still a ways behind him, but the incident had cost him precious time. He took off again, heart racing. Almost there...twenty-five bio...twenty...fifteen...

Q2TtLEz.png

IC: LezoldThe Toa of earth's temper reached a boil that his attempts combined with those of Zenix were constant failures, his eyes taking on a look of raging lunacy, everything about him feeling cold and aggressive. Much to his displeasure, Lezold began lashing out with his powers at Jotham, causing multiple areas of the earth to shoot upwards like his previous attack in random locations in the Toa of stone's path, almost like a non-fatal minefield. Trees began to fall and cluster the path, along with dirt constantly showering from the air, obscuring everyone's view, making it hard to maneuver through such a wreck of a field, making it easy to run directly into a tree, a hole or at worst, an earth geyser. Concentrating was hard enough, making it hard for Lezold to increase his prey's gravity slightly, barely enough to make a difference.If Jotham somehow survived this, he'd probably get off the hook: this last bit would deplete whatever elemental energy the Onu-Toa had left, leaving him with a headache and his weapons only. Still, he'd wound him somehow.OOC: Balta...I think I'm gonna have him hunt Jotham like a predator. Interesting game of cat and mouse.

IC:There were about ten seconds of silence, as the members of the group watched the scene play out. The Skakdi were knocked out and wouldn't be waking up anytime soon. At least Agni hoped they wouldn't, for their own sake.He stepped forward, reached out and gently but firmly took Valria by her arms, pulling her back on her feet. The Toa of fire looked at her with a glow to his eyes, a fire that showed he meant every word he said:"You still have your life. They may have gotten to you, but they couldn't break you. You survived. You still have your strength, more strength than think. But don't use it for revenge. Use it for justice. Use it to protect those that can not protect themselves. Fight for the lost. Use it to do good in this world, so that others will not have to suffer what you went through." He pointed at the Skakdi pressed into the floor, the dead mercs and the injured ones around them."They could never do that. They're bound by their own selfish desires. And they can't do any good. But you can. You have the ability. And..." Agni glanced over his shoulder, at their companions, "and you have friends that will stand by your side. Isn't that worthier to fight for than vengeance?"

IC: ValriaFor a few minutes Valria said nothing. What was there to say? She reflected on what he said, and what everyone had said to her earlier. How Alrin said it was a path that once she started walking down, it was unlikely she would come back from it. Like he had just barely had. So did she really want vengeance? No she wanted justice but she was viewing those two as the same. Well at least she thought they were the same. Agni spoke with such conviction though. They weren't the same justice wasn't about personal satisfaction. Well at least not how she was viewing it. Valria took a few breaths calming herself, wiping the tears off her mask."Y-Yes, yes it is." Valria took another breath to slow herself down and think clearly. The ebony and purple Toa though for a few seconds though. "This isn't the end of this though, Telric is still walking freely, dead or alive he needs to be taken out. N-now this is something the rest of you don't have to help me with...but I would appreciate it if you would."IC: AlrinAlrin emotions were all mixed up but mostly he was happy to have Valria back. He wrapped his arms around the Toa, pulling her into a hug. Yes he was incredibly happy...but Valria felt differently, or perhaps he felt differently. Even though he cared for her deeply in fact, it wasn't the kind he had felt before. A sort of attraction, part of him tried to fool himself that it was because the situation was wrong."I'll go, but it'll be hard to deal with what I'm still feeling. So, we'll stop him and end this. So we can put it to rest.

gallery_99567_147_39590.jpg

IC:"I have aided you this far, I'm surely not stopping now, this close to the end." Agni added. He let out a deep breath, glad that Valria had managed to calm herself down. But he himself was not calm. Some part of him, deep inside, was ablaze with anger. And it was all directed at Telric. He was responsible for what Valria had gone through, what Alrin had gone through. It was time to end his criminal career.

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC: Ten. Nine. Eight...And then all karz broke loose.Jotham felt the earth beneath him shift slightly and dove forward without second thought. Not a moment too soon, either. Columns of earth erupted randomly from the ground, and loose dirt swirled through the air, making vision virtually impossible. As if that wasn't bad enough, trees began to fall; there was no pattern to their destruction, but that just made it all the more dangerous. Jotham swore as he hit the ground, coughing as he inhaled a lungful of dirt. He blinked several times and looked up. The destruction had already affected a large area, and it showed no sign of stopping. Suddenly he felt a faint tremor in the earth beneath him and rolled to the left, quickly enough to avoid the majority of the column but not to prevent his left arm from being torn from its socket. Flashes of color further obscured his vision, and he gasped in pain. Focus! Right. He forced himself back into reality, using his right arm to push himself unsteadily to his feet. Carefully, he twisted his left arm as he'd learned all those years ago...He gasped again as it popped back into place. Still hurt like karz, but at least it was usable.

Q2TtLEz.png

IC: LezoldThe cacophony of earth mixed with the sounds of trees falling over polluted the air constantly, making any other sound only slightly audible. However, it suddenly stopped, replacing the previous noises with an odd silence, one which didn't feel right, almost menacing but victorious for Jotham. Lezold had finally run out of juice, his elemental powers completely used up and such a tiresome run finally taking its toll on him, expressed through panting and near ragged breathing.With a lot of effort, the Onu-Toa pulled himself together and used up whatever bits of energy he had left to walk forward at a slow pace, approaching his prey. In a final attempt, he armed his bow and flung an arrow straight for Jotham, hoping to end this once and for all.

IC: Tahkric... But the arrow shot by Lezold never came close to the Toa of Stone, as twin glowing beams suddenly shot from the undergrowth; colliding with the arrow. The arrow was burnt to ash, and a red armored Skakdi stepped out from the trees.Two orange eyes stared out at Lezold from underneath Tahkric's powerless Pakari, and an armored fist was holding a wicked looking staff."Go, now," the Skakdi told the Toa of Earth, franticly waving his other hand; indicating Jotham to run.OOC: Oops...:P

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

OOC: You goin' get beat to a bloody pulp for that :P That and why do people have such accuracy? I seriously doubt you could shoot an arrow out of the air.IC: LezoldLezold had caught his breath finally and had steadied himself finally, having loaded another arrow into his bow. Shockingly, his previous projectile was burnt to a crisp out of nowhere, an unknown Skakdi coming into the clearing. In a split second, confusion welled up inside of him which turned into rage just as fast, eyes filling with mad lunacy.Not missing a beat, he quickly sent another arrow flying straight for Jotham, this one moving with such speed that it couldn't be shot out of the air; Jotham would either have to get lucky and dodge what would probably be the final arrow coming his way or their new visitor would have to sacrifice himself."Zenix, kill the beast." he ordered, refering to Tahkric. OOC: Tell you what Balta, either you have the arrow hit Jotham and convince Lezold he's dead, letting go of the chase or you could dodge and have it pursue, whichever one you want.Gravity, Tahkric goin' die :P

OOC: Hehehe, no. :PIC: TahkricThe Skakdi grinned underneath his mask. "I'm sorry, were you refering to me?" he asked, as he fired his lazer vision again.The Skakdi of fire was aiming strait at Zenix, and at such close range, the Toa of Blackfire would be hard-pressed to dodge. None the less, Tahkric side-stepped the swing.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

OOC: What is this I don't even. Where'd Tahkric come from, anyway?Not that it really matters, but I mean, having a character show up out of nowhere at the scene of a battle is borderline metagaming.IC: Jotham instinctively knew that the arrow was coming too fast to create a rock thick enough to block it, and the range was far too close to pull another momentum-stopping trick like before. And so he whirled sideways, the arrow whizzing through the point where his heart had been moments before - indeed, the arrow even grazed his armor slightly, though not enough to do any significant damage.Jotham turned his gaze back to his adversary and smiled grimly. When he had turned, he had realized that the destruction Lezold had caused had opened a gap in the treeline, revealing Jotham's goal in his running - the ridge. Which, of course, was made of something extremely useful in his present situation - rock. "Come at me if you wish," he said to Lezold. "I'm done running."

Q2TtLEz.png

IC: LezoldLezold's cold stare was glued to where Jotham stood, standing perfectly still as his silence etched itself into the air. There was no way he could go in there at close-range when he'd be surrounded by his opponent's element: it would be suicide. With that out of the question, the only methods he had at his disposal were his arrows and Garai.Considering all Jotham went through, he wasn't in terrific shape: pain, severe injuries caused from the earlier part of the battle and exhaustion. One could only dodge arrows for so long, he knew that but they could be blocked easily in this scenario.Leaving him with nothing at all except Zenix who just so happened to be busy, an unfortunate stroke of bad luck. The Toa of earth began to inch at an extremely slow pace, barely a walk as he moved forward, his mind racing to think up any possible solutions to this problem. Maybe he'd just have to test his luck: if Jotham could survive the onslaught he had been put through, so could Lezold.Arming his bow, he shot an arrow directly at the unsuspecting Skakdi and then one straight for the Po-Toa, following the projectile headed straight for Jotham in a sprint, battle axes both held in his hands.

IC: TahkricThe Skakdi spun, and jabbed at the Toa with his bladed staff. Before the sharpened edge could touch the Toa, Tahkric quickly spun it around. This sent the opposite blade towards Zenix's side.The Skakdi suddenly heard a whistling, and ducked; stopping anyother attacks he had planned. The arrow, having been aimed lower then what Tahkric expected, lodged itself in the Skakdi's lower back; just beside his organic spine. His armor hard stopped most of it, but the very last centimeter of the tip dug into his organic flesh.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC: TahkricThe black fire rolled over the Skakdi, but despite being a different element, the Skakdi of Fire was mostly unharmed from the heat. He was still burnt in various places, but not as bad as it would be for another Skakdi. To avoid any further burns, he jumped over the rest of the Blackfire.Tahkric grinned as he landed lightly to the left of Zenix and said, "You think you can beat me with that twisted version of my own element?"He send out four more beams at Zenix, aiming to slice bits of his armor off.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

OOC: Whatever happened to Spyder?IC, Zenix: Zenix rolled in order to dodge the laser beams. Then he stood up and focused his mask power. Instantly, multiple copies of himself formed a circle around Tahkcric. "Yes. Yes I do," said all the copies, including the real Zenix. They all raised their hands. But Blackfire only came out of the true Zenix's hand.

IC: TahkricThe Skakdi jumped back from the Toa's attack, Zenix's swords just barely missing him.Before he could attack, Tahkric was suddenly launched into the air by a crystaline platform. Spyder crawled out of the shadows, hissing something."Sssskadiiiii...... Those I haaateee........" the Toa of Crystal said, as a loud crash could be heard from the distance.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC: LezoldIn his sprint towards Jotham, very familiar hissing sounds mixed with words were heard off in the distance, announcing the arrival of the monstrosity known as Spyder. Perfect."Help me out!" he cried out loud.OOC: With the Skakdi out of the pic, Zenix and Spyder are welcome to join the party :P

IC-KuAnLo:KuAnLo came in by Spyder. "I honestly don't see why," he said to the other Toa. "If you steam it right, the spine tastes rather nice. That, and the organ meats can be really good in a stew...if you have the time, of course. Otherwise go for the liver and run."

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC: Karz. Not only had his newfound ally been taken out, but now the two deformed Toa were emerging from the brush as well. Four-on-one again, he thought, smiling grimly. It all comes back full circle, doesn't it?But Jotham still had a few tricks up his sleeve. A fist-sized rock materialized instantaneously, effectively blocking Lezold's arrow before flying at the insectoid Toa with blinding speed. Zenix launched a volley of shadow-fire, and Jotham jumped sideways, narrowly dodging it, the heat of the intense flames washing over him. Then he drew his sword and retreated slowly, backing up towards the cliff. The fight was far from over.

Q2TtLEz.png

IC: Jotham slashed at the webs with his blade, severing them...sort of. Now they were mostly wrapped around the sword. Not exactly a desirable situation, but preferable to being tangled up himself. He continued to back up. Just a few more steps...

Q2TtLEz.png

IC: LezoldLezold had slowed his pace to a trot and activated his Garai, putting as much effort as he could to increase Jotham's gravity to slow him down. So much that he in fact stopped walking entirely and rooted himself to the spot, concentrating to his fullest for a maximum effect. If anything, he would jeopardize his mobility so his allies could pick him off easily.

ICKini-Nui. Place of Storytelling. Place of Secrets. Place of Darkness. And an Entrance To Other Worlds... in more ways than one. Indeed, this sacred place had more than one function, one that was few knew.Few in the entire multiverse knew.It began as a low rumbling. First dust began to fall, then small rocks began to come loose until a small earthquake was felt. Animals scurried away, birds flew off, and an uncomfortable silence befalled the place as the massive pylons began to glow with an errie, unearthly light. Suddenly, from these pylons arcs of electical energy short forth, meeting in the center and creating a perfect, blinding ball of light. As more energy was pumped into the system the larger the ball grew, the more blinding the light until a massive, brillaint construct stood in the center of the sacred temple. There was a flash, slight boom, and as quickly as the portal came into being it vanished into nothingness, leaving three beings standing in its place.They were unlike anything anyone had ever seen yet at the same time extremely... familiar."Have you the list?" spoke one, his voice deep and grave. The second nodded."Of course." he said with a bow, voice lighter and with slight reverence to the first. The third simply snorted, crossing his arms as he did."Let's just get this over with. Why the Powers That Be want with this messy myriad of characters together is beyond me, if not annoying. We have better things to do than to snatch insignificant creatures from their realm into another just for their amusement."Silence! You know our Master's will is above our own." commanded the first Weaver, clearly the seasoned leader of the group. "We do what we are ordered to do. Please, read the names."With great reverence the second bowed and slowly unrolled a heavy scroll, lifting it up before him. "Behold the names:PirokThe ShadowInvisibleIgnotusIncommodoUnknown Mystix, Water BreedLazReichenbachKraanIncursoFrustroNikarraUnknown Toa, Sonics ClassStraveStranaxMay those listed be found and brought forth as has been decrees. So let it be written, so let it be done!" With a flourish he re-rolled the scroll and placed it back on his belt. The senior janitor nodded."We have our orders. Find them, bring them. Peace to you my brothers."In sequential order the three disappeared in a stroke of lightning, no evidence or person to witness their passage.OOC: :evilgrin:

Edited by Friar Tuck

Living large... like clown-shoe size large. Complete with nose, rainbow-colored hair, and a bottle of seltzer water.

tumblr_lrgowllgeP1qzda76o1_500.jpg

OOC: Lol.IC, Zenix: Zenix was just about to burn Jotham full of Blackfire when he heard the noise. He stopped and looked in the distance. "What was that?" he wondered aloud.OOC: No, he didn't see the three dudes- everyone in the evil group simply felt the earthquake and heard lots of noise. That's all.

Edited by Toa Xemnas of Crystal

OOC: This'll be good. :DIC: Jotham tried to spin away from the spot where he stood, but was only half-able to do so thanks to the power of Lezold's Garai. He dodged the better part of the crystal spike that would have impaled him, but he was still thrown off-balance and fell to a position halfway between crouching and lying on his right side. He propped himself up with his right arm and raised his left, forming a disc of rock to block the insectoid Toa's webs. Fortunately, this was a far more effective tactic than using his sword. He clenched his fist, and the rock shattered. Jotham waved his hand and the fragments, held together in a makeshift net by the webs, flew at Lezold. The Onu-Toa was unable to move due to the effort of controlling his Garai - he would either have to take the hit or let go.

Q2TtLEz.png

OOC: Whoa, I didn't say Lezold couldn't move due to the usage of his Garai. He merely stopped everything he's doing for maximum concentration and effort.IC: LezoldLezold was thankful for the close save, not being forced to release the pressure on Jotham. Constantly keeping his concentration, he continued to bend the gravity on the Po-Toa to his needs while his allies would attack him.Still focusing, he loaded another arrow into his bow and took aim, waiting for the right time to release it.

IC: Jotham slowly pushed himself to his feet, his Kakama accelerating his movements to normal speed. Time seemed to slow as the cloaked Toa unleashed a stream of shadow-fire at him and began to transform. Jotham knew he had little chance now of escaping this battle, let alone winning. He would have to do something extreme...A plan formed instantly in his mind - a plan with little chance of success, but there was no time to think of an alternative. The cloaked Toa had transformed fully now, and the flames were nearly upon him. He would have to time this perfectly.Calling on every reserve of strength he had - which was a great deal - and pushing his mask to the limit, he spun away from the stream of shadow-fire, drawing one of his knives as he did so. As the flames seared past him, he found himself facing their creator, now a charging Kane-Ra. Without hesitation, Jotham drew back his arm and threw the knife at the beast's forehead. The Rahi was far too heavy, and moving far too quickly, to stop itself.It also meant that even if it went down, it would still hit him. Jotham dove forward and to the right, aiming to put himself out of the Kane-Ra's path.

Edited by Βalta

Q2TtLEz.png

IC-KAL:KAL, almost boredly, grabbed a small stone. He activated his Sanok and threw it at the knife, knocking the annoying thing out of the air. He then smiled at Jotham, diving forward towards the Toa, digging his claws into the ground as he got on the short chase that would only end badly for the other Toa of Stone.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now