Hau in LDD update!

bonesiii

LEGO Digital Designer just had another update, only a few new pieces that I could find, but among them (in the HF section) is the Mask of Shielding! (Stars version, with the plus bar.)

Bionicle has not been entirely forgotten!

Also a Buzz Lightyear wing piece, a few minor new Ninjago pieces like different spinner decorations and maybe one or two more snake things, and a handful of new Star Wars things like a Kit Fisto head, pig aliens, and Queen Amidala wig. And some new decoration pieces in HF and the last (animals) sections. Just went through those sections the other day and I'm 95% sure those are new. (The previous update had some good ones too you might not have noticed, like an Ahsoka head piece and Darth Maul robo-legs, so check it out.)

Let the celebrations commence!

Now, LDD programmers, more colors please! (Even Extended is seriously lacking in some areas).

And more Kanohi would be awesome! (I think the only other piece that sort of counts is a Hydraxon face that's been there for a while.)

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

LEGO Digital Designer just had another update, only a few new pieces that I could find, but among them (in the HF section) is the Mask of Shielding! (Stars version, with the plus bar.)

Bionicle has not been entirely forgotten!

Also a Buzz Lightyear wing piece, a few minor new Ninjago pieces like different spinner decorations and maybe one or two more snake things, and a handful of new Star Wars things like a Kit Fisto head, pig aliens, and Queen Amidala wig. And some new decoration pieces in HF and the last (animals) sections. Just went through those sections the other day and I'm 95% sure those are new. (The previous update had some good ones too you might not have noticed, like an Ahsoka head piece and Darth Maul robo-legs, so check it out.)

Let the celebrations commence!

Now, LDD programmers, more colors please! (Even Extended is seriously lacking in some areas).

And more Kanohi would be awesome! (I think the only other piece that sort of counts is a Hydraxon face that's been there for a while.)

I imagine pretty much all the colors you would be likely to ever need are already on there. They just don't all show up in the menu. Here is a file with all the known colors on LDD, and here is a spreadsheet denoting which ones are which. If you need a more obscure color, you can copy it from this file and paste it in the file you need the color in.

Personally, I was pleased to find that this latest update had a wide variety of new decorations as well, including a large number of Ninjago minifig prints.

Maybe should BZP have a dedicated LDD topic? I imagine we'll run out of things to say about the Hau pretty rapidly.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

That's pretty cool; either Lego realized they have a bunch of spare Haus lying around or they've started producing them again.

Well, it's been said that they eventually want every LEGO piece ever introduced to be in LDD. My guess is this is just continuing that. Plus Bionicle remains popular.

Incidentally, I wonder if it's now possible to make Tahu Star entirely? 2001 definitely not, but getting closer (and an HF-ified version should be doable).

Ly, yeah, I'm aware of the colors file but I'm talking about the in-program color menu. :)

What prints are you referring to? I don't notice anything obviously new at a glance, but I do see the face and torso decals things finally have a scroll bar so screens like mine can actually reach them all!

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

That's pretty cool; either Lego realized they have a bunch of spare Haus lying around or they've started producing them again.

Ummmm... no. LEGO Digital Designer has nothing at all to do with what parts are still in production. Ordering things that you build on LEGO Digital Designer as physical sets has not been possible for over two years, and even back then there were plenty of parts on LDD that weren't available to order — you had to be in the specific mode for that service (LEGO Factory/LEGO Design byME), and the other modes never served any function other than simulated LEGO building.

There are plenty of parts on LDD Extended that have not been in production since the 80s or 90s, and like the Kanohi Hau or any current parts in the software, they can be used in ANY color.

Well, it's been said that they eventually want every LEGO piece ever introduced to be in LDD. My guess is this is just continuing that. Plus Bionicle remains popular.

Incidentally, I wonder if it's now possible to make Tahu Star entirely? 2001 definitely not, but getting closer (and an HF-ified version should be doable).

Ly, yeah, I'm aware of the colors file but I'm talking about the in-program color menu. :)

What prints are you referring to? I don't notice anything obviously new at a glance, but I do see the face and torso decals things finally have a scroll bar so screens like mine can actually reach them all!

There are decorations that don't show up in menus just like there are colors that don't show up in menus. Decorations are trickier because not only do they need to be programmed into the software, but the part they go on has to have a surface mapped for the decoration to be applied to, and the decoration has to be assigned to that surface. By modifying the file outside of LDD (as a text file), you can manually map even those unassigned decorations to the proper surfaces. Here is a file with all of the newest ones, but there are plenty more.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I absolutely love that LDD keeps sneaking a few BIONICLE parts into each update. There's a pretty impressive roster of BIONICLE parts so far, all things considered.

Also, I could be sorely mistaken but I believe that every single Hero Factory piece EXCEPT for some of the pieces from the original wave have now been added to the roster (though I'm not sure which ones). Perhaps somebody that's more knowledgable could correct/affirm this? :P

-Mesonak

Edited by Mesonak

The Three Virtues YouTube Channel

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

Check it out for laughs, discussion, and more.

Ummmm... no. LEGO Digital Designer has nothing at all to do with what parts are still in production. Ordering things that you build on LEGO Digital Designer as physical sets has not been possible for over two years, and even back then there were plenty of parts on LDD that weren't available to order — you had to be in the specific mode for that service (LEGO Factory/LEGO Design byME), and the other modes never served any function other than simulated LEGO building.

There are plenty of parts on LDD Extended that have not been in production since the 80s or 90s, and like the Kanohi Hau or any current parts in the software, they can be used in ANY color.

Aw, come on, way to spoil the fun. That said, I'm always impressed by the amount that you know everything Lego. I always leave your posts a bit more educated than before.

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

I absolutely love that LDD keeps sneaking a few BIONICLE parts into each update. There's a pretty impressive roster of BIONICLE parts so far, all things considered.

Also, I could be sorely mistaken but I believe that every single Hero Factory piece EXCEPT for some of the pieces from the original wave have now been added to the roster (though I'm not sure which ones). Perhaps somebody that's more knowledgable could correct/affirm this? :P

-Mesonak

Hmmm, you might be right! I hadn't really been paying too close attention to which ones we were still missing, but yeah, most of the parts from 2011 onward have been added now. And the gaps in 2010 are starting to be filled in as well — the main 2010 Hero Factory parts we're still missing are the spike pieces from XPlode, the torso armor pieces from Dunkan Bulk and Jimi Stringer, and a few parts that predate Hero Factory like the Ben 10 Alien Force 6M leg beam.

There's a topic on Eurobricks for part requests, and all requests from that topic are sent to the LDD team to help guide them in what parts they add. I requested a bunch of specific Hero Factory (and BIONICLE) parts there a long time ago, and it looks like most if not all of the ones I requested have been added. Perhaps I ought to take a look at what BIONICLE parts would be most useful to add so I can put in some more requests.

Wait, where an I get the latest LDD? I got mine off of Bio Media Project.

The latest version can be downloaded from ldd.LEGO.com. After you download it, it will automatically notify you of updates in the future as long as you have an internet connection. Edited by Aanchir: Rachira of Time

Oh, ok cool. Thank you.

Hm, this makes me wonder if the Hau will be incorporated into another set of some kind. I wonder how that will happen since the Hau is almost the signature mask of BIONICLE.

Doubtful; they seem to sneak in a few BIONICLE pieces into every LDD update nowadays, and those pieces haven't shown up in any sets. :P

-Mesonak

The Three Virtues YouTube Channel

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

Check it out for laughs, discussion, and more.

Oh, ok cool. Thank you.

Hm, this makes me wonder if the Hau will be incorporated into another set of some kind. I wonder how that will happen since the Hau is almost the signature mask of BIONICLE.

It's incredibly unlikely. Being added on LDD shouldn't be taken as a hint of that kind of thing. After all, several other discontinued parts were added in this very same update, like this panel, this plate (actually a functionally obsolete part; it has been replaced in sets with a newer and more versatile version), this seat, and this flag. None of those four pieces have been used in sets since 2005. Some other parts from 2010 like the "weapon arm" pieces from the original Dunkan Bulk and Jimi Stringer sets or the chest plate from the Ben 10 Alien Force sets were also added. These parts were practically useless even BEFORE the new Hero Factory building system in 2011 went and made them obsolete. Edited by Aanchir: Rachira of Time

Maybe should BZP have a dedicated LDD topic? I imagine we'll run out of things to say about the Hau pretty rapidly.

I concur, it should.

Thirded.

The Hau is great, and I hope it means more Bionicle pieces get added. I'd love to have the original Mata Masks.

"So I'm TL now?"

"Yeah, 'cuz if we said it the other way it'd have to be TLhiKHAAN!!"

• 4 weeks later...

Awesome, it is great to see the Hau in LDD along with the other Bionicle Parts, Hope they add other Bionicle Mask, i don't remember in gresh helmet was in LDD but i hope the Avohkii to be in the next update (did i just hope that the most annoying mask in all of MOCs to be in the next LDD update :blink: ) and hope that one of my favorite mask the Shelek and Zatth to be in the next LDD update as well.

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube