2013 in Review

I am Batman

2013 is already over in some places and we look back at what we've accomplished, where we've failed, what we have learned, what we have experienced and of course all the LEGO sets we got! 2013 has been quite a year for LEGO but there have also been quite a few things happening right here on BZPower. Join me as I look back at all the major events of the year and as I look forward to what 2014 has in store for us!

View the full article

Why is some text in a larger size? I can kind of understand wanting to make "Legends of Chima" and "Hero Factory" bigger, but why in the world should "anniversary" and "advertising policy" be huge?

It looks incredibly, incredibly unprofessional and I highly suggest changing it as soon as possible. It looks visually unappealing and makes the article a little harder to read.

Otherwise, this was a fun little article and it was nice to be able to remember what happened this year in terms of BZP and LEGO. 2014's going to be a fun year.

Why is some text in a larger size? I can kind of understand wanting to make "Legends of Chima" and "Hero Factory" bigger, but why in the world should "anniversary" and "advertising policy" be huge?

It looks incredibly, incredibly unprofessional and I highly suggest changing it as soon as possible. It looks visually unappealing and makes the article a little harder to read.

Otherwise, this was a fun little article and it was nice to be able to remember what happened this year in terms of BZP and LEGO. 2014's going to be a fun year.

I don't really see how that looks so incredibly unprofessional as you say. Like, at all. I wanted to highlight some keywords to give it some structure so you can look at the text and say "aha, so here they are talking about x and there they are talking about y". I've tried numerous drafts and personally, I think it looks unappealing when it all has the same size, because then it just looks like a big wall of text and not really like something I'd feel encouraged to read. But maybe that's just me?

Thank you very much for taking your time to read it, though, I'm glad you like it. :) Yes, 2014 is going to be a fun year at least as far as LEGO is concerned. ^_^

-Gata signoff.png

Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

To me it looks unappealing. I understand that some things needed to be emphasized, but why not bold them? Or make them a different color? To me at least it was distracting to be reading and then look at really big text and then go back to normal size. I hate big walls of text too, but if it was as big a problem as you thought, maybe a couple more images might help. I dunno. It just takes getting used to.

Bolding the keywords is quite useless in my opinion, as it doesn't highlight the words enough when looking at the entire text and when you are actually reading it there is not really a need to highlight them. I dunno, when I wrote the text and was done, I looked at it and was worried people would be put off by the giant wall of text and not even read it, and I was also a bit annoyed by the fact that I myself didn't see where I talked about what anymore. Then I thought of the large keywords and thought it looked better, though to be honest I did not read through the entire text again after that so it's possible it interrupts the reading flow, as I would have missed that. Really, the main reason I'm not editing it now is because that would mess up the talkback system and create an additional talkback, from my experience. Also, I want to see if other people complain about it, too. ;) I will definitely keep your criticism in mind for next time, though, so thank you. ^_^

-Gata signoff.png

Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

May saw the release of series 10 of the Collectible Minifigures. Not only was this quite a milestone, but LEGO also chose the opportunity for a very special promotion: In addition to the regular set of 16 minifigures, LEGO distributed 5000 mysterious minifigures of Mr. Gold all around the world. Proud finders could mark their country in the map to see where minifigures had been found. There are still little over 3000 minifigures left without a finder or unregistered even now, so if you are lucky, you might still stumble upon one!

Three thousand left? We should totally make a new group of BZP members dedicated solely to locating these remaining three thousand minifigs. It would probably be expensive, difficult to organize, and not at all worth it in the long run, but it would still be awesome. Who's with me?

In May, BZPower suffered database issues in which one week of changes in the members database were lost, but the forums were quickly back up and running.

I completely forgot about this until I read this article. Guess I must not have lost anything important or something.

Anyway, I think 2013 was a pretty good year overall, at least for me. I eagerly await whatever surprises 2014 has in store for us.

-TNTOS-

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

A Writerly Blog

The Tasty Library of Sugary Goodness

(My Little BIONICLE: Friendship is Explosive Completed 01/05/14)

{The Shika Trilogy Omnibus Completed 03/31/14) (Review Topic)

(In the End Completed 09/01/14) (Review Topic)

The Biological Chronicle: (2001) (2002) (2003) (2004) (2005) (2006) (2007) (2008) (2009) (2010)

Bolding the keywords is quite useless in my opinion,

-Gata signoff.png

Problem?

I think 2014 is gonna be as big as the text in the article. I can't wait for Invasion From Below! :D

Well, I was talking about small bolded words amidst a wall of text. ;)

-Gata signoff.png

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

I think the enlargened and bolded words was just to show the main points.

I was pretty excited to see that news I reported made its way to the 2013 wrapup (Mr. Gold).

Looking forward to see what the new year will hold!

rsz_screenshot_from_un_chien_andalou.jpg
My Writing Blog (more writing coming soon!)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (defunct)

Hyfudiar on Spotify (noise/drone/experimental music)

I think that we had a pretty good year. The Lego products did pretty well in both sets and TV programs. They are great, awesome, and epic.:) However, it is sad that Stringer and Nex did not appear in the main parts Hero Factory Brain Attack storyline, including the Brain Attack episode, even though Bulk and Breez came back in there. I mean, why didn't TLC including Stringer and Nex? And what's wrong with them? Is it because they are too childish? But they are great, awesome, and funny significant main protagonistic characters, so I think they should be included.:(

Anyway, I hope for a better year in 2014 because I want to see Stringer and Nex in both the Hero Factory Invasion From Below storyline and summer wave sets. I want them appear in there so bad because they didn't appear for a long time since Savage Planet, and I like them.:(

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

I didn't have time to read it thoroughly, just skim over the major parts, but how come I didn't see even a mention of the Bionicle websites being shut down? It seems like, on a site originally created for Bionicle, that'd be a major event of the year.

:a::k::i:

Xbox LIVE: FlamingCheese77

BZPRPG Profiles: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/9733-bzprpg-profile-pages/?p=547516

~Ignitus~Rerus~Xadah~Moeru~Rida~Turi~Sokia~Kashikoi~Yujin~Bani~Waru~Tasuke~Therin~Diabhal~

I didn't have time to read it thoroughly, just skim over the major parts, but how come I didn't see even a mention of the Bionicle websites being shut down? It seems like, on a site originally created for Bionicle, that'd be a major event of the year.

:a: :k: :i:

I guess there was a lot of fuss about that at the time, but nobody made much of a big deal with it before or after. It's not like the site was getting a whole lot of use. It probably should have been mentioned, but it's an understandable oversight.

:a: :k: :i:

I guess there was a lot of fuss about that at the time, but nobody made much of a big deal with it before or after. It's not like the site was getting a whole lot of use. It probably should have been mentioned, but it's an understandable oversight.

I considered writing a paragraph about it, but it didn't seem too important to me and it also seemed a bit off, being the only BIONICLE story in the entire article.

-Gata signoff.png

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

:a::k::i:

Well, the fact about the Bionicle websites being shut down is the worst and saddest part of 2013.:( Edited by Lenny7092

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)