BIONICLE Mafia XI: The Shadow Lords: Rise of the Lords of Shadow

Burnmad

Plain? Mafia victory? Plain?

Not at all. In fact, it'd be quite out of the ordinary! How many times have you seen the Mafia win, with or without outside help? The village is almost always the victorious faction. That's one of the reasons I typically enjoy being a part of the Mafia: the challenge.

Edited by Chro

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

Shhh.

Day 4: Game Over, Man, Game Over! (AKA, When Burnmad Discovers He Can Steal Titles from OTHERS)

"It's over, Shadowhawk."

Onarax was standing at the entrance of the Necromancer Shadowhawk's lair. "You've lost," he continued, a fire springing from his fingers and compressing into the shape of a ball. "Better to give up, and we'll end it nice and quick for you." said MaliceGhost.

Shadowhawk didn't respond, or even turn from his worktable to look at those gathered to confront him. He simply stood there, continuing to write in a large black book that was lying there. Onarax flung the fireball at him, and he sprang from his chair, turning in the air to backhand the deadly projectile with a glove of dark energy. It was slammed back through the air, directly into Onarax's gut. He grunted; the fire was harmless to him, of course, but the force of the impact would leave him a nasty bruise. "You think you can just come into my home and strike me down?" Asked Shadowhawk with a sneer. He sat back into his chair, after shooting a look, daring Onarax, MaliceGhost, and the others, who had yet been silent, to try again. After several minutes, he set down his quill, picked up the book, and turned to the angry mob behind him.

"Night IV," He read.

"Success! Have gained a new and loyal minion in the form of Canis Lycaon, but plots and intrigue do yet continue... naturally, I am the crucial and treacherous link in most, nay, all of them. The Villagers are fools; the Lords, doomed. I alone shall remain, fate willing. Gods of Death and Deceit, hear me now and smile upon me in my quest!

"This night, I do spellbind Chro and MaliceGhost... ah, treachery. The most intoxicating wine of all on earth.

"I scent sweet triumph on the cold black wind."

He looked up with a grin. "Isn't it nice? It's my private journal. That's last night's entry," he said, proud of the record of recent events, as perceived by his perverse mind. He flipped through a few pages. "Ah, here it is."

"The Beginning," he quoted. The Villagers continued to listen; there was not much else to do.

"Finally! After all my research and work, I have completed upon this glorious night my greatest achievement yet! I have learned to separate in a spirit the good characteristics and the bad, and moments ago, I collected a body to house the evil traits of iBrow. I call the vessel Dark Voltex, and when the twisted spirit I have harvested finishes draining into it, I will begin working on generals for it to command. Within months, they shall rule Villagia, and I shall rule them (though they may not know it)!"

The Necromancer smiled pleasantly at them as he closed the book, but his eyes burned like coals. "You probably think you've killed all of my puppets, and that now you can come in here and slaughter me where I stand. Allow me to enlighten you." He leaped toward the wall and yanked on a chain. The wall behind the Villagers fell outward, and a howl came from the darkness revealed. A gnarled, half-Matoran, half-wolf creature rushed from the gap, and the Villagers recoiled in horror as they realized it was Canis Lycaon. From another passage came the sound of a sword being drawn, and all turned their eyes upon the regenerated Chro. Even Pulse and Humva's abilities combined would have been able to do nothing to help the victims, had they been subdued; let alone when they were trying to attack them, as they were now. MaliceGhost and Onarax quickly found that Chro was not so easy to defeat a second time, nor was Canis to be underestimated, either. Humva and the Necromancer stood, eyes locked, oblivious of the conflict around them. They stood still for minutes, but after that, sweat started to appear on Humva's brow, and he hunched over slightly. Onarax was rapidly losing ground to Canis, who ignored his fiery attacks. MaliceGhost, after a long battle with Chro, was disarmed, and he stood with Chro's black blade pressed against his throat. It seemed all was lost.

• Upvote 1

The black-clothed figure from the day before slowly walked into the Necromancer's lair. Everyone stopped at once, as all eyes were upon him now.

Good.

He drew a blade from out of thin air, and he let it shimmer in the dim light of the lair.

"Shadowhawk, you received the most votes," he said. "You know what that means."

The villain stared at the figure with a look of indignation. "You know what? I don't care!" he shouted. "I am the Necromancer of Villagia! You foolish Villagers have no right to lynch me, like I'm some ... petty murderer! I am the most dark and powerful sorcerer ever to walk the earth, and I shall not be killed by a mere hanging!"

The figure strode over and stood face to face with him. "Yes you will," he growled. "Because those are the rules." With that, he threw back his hood, revealing his maniacally grinning face, garnished with customary three hats. "They are what separate us from animals. They must be followed."

With that, he lashed out with his sword and struck down the Necromancer, whose body hissed, shriveled, and finally withered into nothingness within a matter of seconds.

"This game is over," he announced. "Shadowhawk, the Necromancer, has been lynched."

He put his sword back in the hammerspace from whence he retrieved it, and produced an equally shimmering and carefully adorned key.

"Game over," he said. "Topic closed."

• Upvote 3

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg