My Kanohi and Krana Mask Collection

hachiroku

Very cool! I like the frame. It seems the only masks you are missing, besides promos, are the protodermic nuvas, but those aren't really part of the overall set.

Nice collection!

Chuck Norik is no match for Bruce Lhikan!

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

Very cool! I like the frame. It seems the only masks you are missing, besides promos, are the protodermic nuvas, but those aren't really part of the overall set.

Nice collection!

Thanks. I really like it too how it turned out the frames. The protodermic nuva mask are nice to have but I am just not ready to spend $30 per mask on them yet.

Veryyyy nice collection! I wish I had the time or motivation to build one like it T_T I follow you on instagram and never knew this was you!

-Nekar(@bio_ender_froakie)

Thanks Nekar. Maybe in time when you grow older you will find the time and motivation to collect these amazing mask. It is never too late to collect them considering we are all Bionicle fanatics. :)

10640418814_ff945700dc_o.jpg

Wait, are you on Instagram? I saw that. I'm jakesimon69

Yes. You are following me and I am following you. I am solarxclipse on Instagram. :)

So beautiful...

Thanks bro. They are really nice when they are all lined up and framed. :)

Wow, those frames are BEAUTIFUL. I also like how you didn't just mount them on heads, because it would have made the plate look less cohesive.

Thanks bro. Yeah mounting them on the heads will cost a lot as I have to buy more heads and axle just to mount them. I found a cheaper and easy way to mount them with 1x1 bricks with holes and 1x1 round bricks.

Nice collection!

And the gold and silver originals, but this is still a great collection.

Why did they make the Kaukau orange for Pohatu?

Wow congrats on getting all of those Kanohi Mask (Krana I really don't care about), like that you made a frame to show your masks.

Also I am trying collect all the Kanohi Mask as well and hope to get one of the prototype mask.

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube

You're sounding a bit rude when you say that you "don't care" about Hachiroku's krana. Since there are 48 types of krana and only 36 types of Great Kanohi and Kanohi Nuva, his krana collection probably took longer to complete than his Kanohi collection.

Find (digital) me under the name Azani on YouTube, Eurobricks, Discord, the BioMedia Project and the TTV Message Boards.

Please check out Project AFTERMAN on Tumblr and Facebook; I'm proud to have worked as their PR Manager and as a writer.

AAZZ.jpg

You're sounding a bit rude when you say that you "don't care" about Hachiroku's krana. Since there are 48 types of krana and only 36 types of Great Kanohi and Kanohi Nuva, his krana collection probably took longer to complete than his Kanohi collection.

I don't mean it like that, I mean I don't really care about the Krana not his collection of Krana, it great that he got all those krana but to me I just don't care about those because I just don't find those as something I would collect

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube

Wow, those frames are BEAUTIFUL. I also like how you didn't just mount them on heads, because it would have made the plate look less cohesive.

Thanks bro. Yeah mounting them on the heads will cost a lot as I have to buy more heads and axle just to mount them. I found a cheaper and easy way to mount them with 1x1 bricks with holes and 1x1 round bricks.

Wow, I would never have thought of that. I spent sooo much money on Toa Mata heads for my Kanohi & Krana collections! How did you build the rest of the displays though? Meaning minus the mask mounting pieces, what size bricks did you use throughout it all. I'm considering trying to build a display that's kind of a hybrid of what I've got now and what you made.

- :t::l::h:

I don't mean it like that, I mean I don't really care about the Krana not his collection of Krana, it great that he got all those krana but to me I just don't care about those because I just don't find those as something I would collect

Sorry; I must have misunderstood you. I just have a really high sense of appreciation for someone who takes the time to collect anything like that.

Edited by Artakha's Nephew

Find (digital) me under the name Azani on YouTube, Eurobricks, Discord, the BioMedia Project and the TTV Message Boards.

Please check out Project AFTERMAN on Tumblr and Facebook; I'm proud to have worked as their PR Manager and as a writer.

AAZZ.jpg

Nice collection!

And the gold and silver originals, but this is still a great collection.

Why did they make the Kaukau orange for Pohatu?

Actually I got the gold and silver Kanohi Mata just now and will be adding more bricks to the frame so I can include them to the collection.

I really dont know what is the reason why Lego made kaukau's mask in orange. My guess is maybe it doesnt look right or appropriate to make a brown kaukau's mask.

Wow congrats on getting all of those Kanohi Mask (Krana I really don't care about), like that you made a frame to show your masks.

Also I am trying collect all the Kanohi Mask as well and hope to get one of the prototype mask.

Thanks. Good luck and hope you can achieve your goal too.

You are correct. Even though it took a while It was all worth the wait.

Wow, I would never have thought of that. I spent sooo much money on Toa Mata heads for my Kanohi & Krana collections! How did you build the rest of the displays though? Meaning minus the mask mounting pieces, what size bricks did you use throughout it all. I'm considering trying to build a display that's kind of a hybrid of what I've got now and what you made. - :t::l::h:
I used 2x4, 2x2, 2x3 bricks for the kanohi masks and 2x10, 2x4 plates, 2x4, 1x4 bricks for the krana masks to build the frame. I am currently on vacation rigt now and was out of the country until March 29. I will post a pic on how the bricks and mounting look like when I come back from vacation so everyone who would like to build a frame for their masks can build one for their mask collection too. Edited by hachiroku
  • Upvote 1

• 7 months later...

Heeeey! It's you! I saw your collections on instagram (or something) while I was trying to figure out a way to house my almost complete krana collection and was amazed to see someone else has had the same idea as me for display! I've only done my mata so far but will be doing the same thing for nuva and noble soon and am still undecided on how to do krata (though honestly so far my top idea is to copy you but in black bricks!) 

Here is my own display framed in wood, never coould decide whether to paint/stain it though. You can see I left one more brick space between mine, I kind of like how yours is more compact but I like mine too so I don't know :P I never found the other light blue (or medium blue?) 21s to fill those gaps, they remain empty to this day! Will order a bunch of them when I get the other ones built, that's an expensive colour though right? I think they only come from those Maersk sets or something... Again, great work. It kind of sucks knowing your idea isn't as unique as you thought it was but it's also good to know you're not the only crazy b'tard that's done it!!!

Arun-20131004-00720_zps8ed7dee1.jpg

• Upvote 1

Check out my Bionicle store on Bricklink here!

> > > Bionic Bricks < < <

Let me know if you can help me find these last few collectibles!

Masks%20footer4_zpspqs4myrt.png

Also looking for WILD KRAATA and a VMKK Yo!!!