Elemental Masks

Hello everyone,

For my first topic on BZP, I want to expose you a little question I'm asking to myself since several years.

Everybody knows the Mask of Light, and the Mask of Shadows, but did others "elemental masks" exists ? (exept the Garai, Mask of Gravity)

I mean, did a Mask of Fire or Mask of Ice exists ? If not, would it ?

The second question is linked with the first one :

I want to compare the powers of a random Toa of Light and Takanuva. I wonder if Takanuva's mastering of Light would be more precise because of his mask. Am I right ?

Or is it a another property that would change ?

Thanks for reading, and hope having some answers !

965_1.gif

As far as I am aware, masks of other elements could theoretically exist, even if they were not seen in story. So, yes.

I think that Takanuva's elemental power and mask power are just redundant... or maybe it boosts his sheer power level? Not sure on that one.

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

[...]

I think that Takanuva's elemental power and mask power are just redundant... or maybe it boosts his sheer power level? Not sure on that one.

So that's means that the 2003 legend, the topic of board games, videos games, movie, toy line and scenaristic plot is useless in front of a random Toa of Light ? Ironic !

(I stay on my first thought anyway...)

965_1.gif

Everybody knows the Mask of Light, and the Mask of Shadows, but did others "elemental masks" exists ? (exept the Garai, Mask of Gravity)

I mean, did a Mask of Fire or Mask of Ice exists ? If not, would it ?

Kanohi of Elemental Power can be created by melting Toa Disks. So yes, they could exist.

I want to compare the powers of a random Toa of Light and Takanuva. I wonder if Takanuva's mastering of Light would be more precise because of his mask. Am I right ?

Or is it a another property that would change ?

If I remember right, the Avohkii doesn't boost Takanuva light powers. But it grants him some other powers: spread understanding to others, generating peace and trust, and it can also sense moral light in other beings.

Keep in mind that if Star Trek fans had, as a group, said, "No point in talking about this anymore, it's never going to come back," it never WOULD have come back.

-- Greg Farshtey

Plus, it serves as a backup light source in case his elemental energy runs dry. I believe he used it to this effect while affected by the Shadow Leech, along with the Power Lance to boost what little was left of his regular elemental energy. As LordofBionicles says, Kanohi of a specific Element does not boost the wearer's power even if it's the same as the Kanohi's. You get the most use out of Elemental Kanohi if you wear a different element than your own, such as a Toa other than Takanuva wearing the Mask of Light. They would be able to use Light powers as well, which could be useful. Takanuva wears it mostly because it's one of a kind and special to him. It turned him into a Toa in the first place, so it was very much useful despite maybe not having the sheer tactical advantage a different mask could have at this point.

For Makuta, the Mask of Shadows would allow Makuta to utilize two powers at once, as they can otherwise not access both Shadow and a Kraata power at the same time. It can also instill fear and anger in the target, which means those are options as well. Plus, the quote at the top of BS01's page about the Krahkaan mentions the following: "My Kanohi lets me see the darkness inside everyone, all the nasty little things they hide in the shadows of their spirit."

Elemental Kanohi can exist, as evidenced by the three we know of. Some powers are similar to Elemental powers as well, such as Telekinesis. Being made of protodermis, the Kanohi powers likely work much the same way as an Element. The Kanohi just run off of their own internal power source and may not have as much fine control. They have limited duration and are often weaker than someone's innate power.

The main question (to add to the above posts) is whether Matoran happen to know the correct mixtures for elemental powers. It seems they know Fire, because of Vakama's Kanoka of Fire. They may or may not know Gravity (the Ignika granted that mask). Same with Light and Shadow; Artakha made the former and it's probably the only one, and we don't know (or I don't :P) who made the second (possibly it was original to Teridax, or maybe made by him or a servant).

Most likely they know the mixtures for the main six elements, at least.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

• 2 weeks later...

[...]

So that's means that the 2003 legend, the topic of board games, videos games, movie, toy line and scenaristic plot is useless in front of a random Toa of Light ? Ironic !

(I stay on my first thought anyway...)

Mind you, actually finding a Matoran of Light that was quite difficult for those who did not know of Karda Nui, given that the few Av-Matoran scattered about were unaware of their true nature. The Mask of Light, in addition to acting as a Toa stone, also indicated its "herald." Indeed, the Mask of Light was important not simply for creating a Toa of Light, which could be created by a Toa stone, but for actually finding the requisite Av-Matoran.

gZsNWyr.png

(Credit to Nik the Three for the banner)

The main question (to add to the above posts) is whether Matoran happen to know the correct mixtures for elemental powers. It seems they know Fire, because of Vakama's Kanoka of Fire. They may or may not know Gravity (the Ignika granted that mask). Same with Light and Shadow; Artakha made the former and it's probably the only one, and we don't know (or I don't :P) who made the second (possibly it was original to Teridax, or maybe made by him or a servant).

Most likely they know the mixtures for the main six elements, at least.

Actually Biosector01 says that the Kraahkan was made by Artahka too. :)

And it appears that matoran are on to something as far as Psionics go, I mean they have telepathy, and telekinesis, put those together and you get a mask of Psionics lol :)

Animation_Mangaia.png.e38a5644c8a08bfd4c488514025b5017.png

Formerly Iron_Man5

And it appears that matoran are on to something as far as Psionics go, I mean they have telepathy, and telekinesis, put those together and you get a mask of Psionics lol :)

Throw in mind control and illusion, and it's a wrap. :)

Also FTR:

13. Who made the Makuta masks?

13) Artakha

Throw in mind control and illusion, and it's a wrap. :)

Oh yeah, forgot about those two masks lol but yeah that's a total Toa of Psionics right there. ;)

Animation_Mangaia.png.e38a5644c8a08bfd4c488514025b5017.png

Formerly Iron_Man5

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

So disks imbued with one of each of the six main elements can, and have been, produced; someone must have made them and put them in the Great Temple before 1,000 BGC. Though there isn't any proof that the other MU elements could be built into disks and therefore masks by MU workers, a great being could do it for sure; if they were able to implant the ability to use an elemental power in preexisting, living creatures, as well as in original, bio-mechanical creations, then who's to say that they couldn't put it in a mask?

Find (digital) me under the name Azani on YouTube, Eurobricks, Discord, the BioMedia Project and the TTV Message Boards.

Please check out Project AFTERMAN on Tumblr and Facebook; I'm proud to have worked as their PR Manager and as a writer.

AAZZ.jpg