Red Vs Blue

Rarity

Apparently some people think this belongs under the Halo topic. I disagree because it's more of standalone universe in my opinion. I love the new season, I mean I spent an entire week watching seasons 1-8 during the winter. Favorite female Freelancer is Carolina right now. Favorite male Freelancer is Wash of course. By the way wasn't the jump off the building awesome? I mean this series just gets better and better. "This must be karma for kicking Maine out the window.""I really don't want to do this.""Son of a -"

gallery_99567_147_39590.jpg

I love Red vs Blue! ^^ Watched it from near its start (dang, it's been a long time since it's started, huh. O.o). Gotta say, I'm loving Wash in this new season. He was so anti-hero earlier on and now we're seeing him as being a bit naive as a rookie. There's gonna be so much character development with him, I can't wait! ^^ "It bounces?! Who designs a gun that bounces? This is the worst gun ever. Of all-""Get down!" XD, I love that line. Gotta say, though, I think York is awesome. I hate it because of what happened to him a few seasons ago. D= And I also disagree that this belongs under Halo - Halo is a game, Red vs Blue is a series of movies (that happens to use the Halo games as a basis for its story). The two are different.

Edited by Tekulo: Toa of Wind

Executive Vice President of Tomato Throwing

I know what you mean, it's just last time someone made this, the moderators shut it down because it they though it belong under Halo, when it's basically a whole new universe. I can understand that Tex is a tragic character but the fact that she can beat basically anyone in the universe bugs me. Though her character flaw keeps it from spiraling out of control.

I'm a proud sponsor on the RT site, I've been watching season 2, and I've kept up with all of the episodes every week since. I think this season's been a complete change, though I am not a -big- fan of the action scenes. Sure they're amazing, but I'm happier that RvB is going back to its comedic roots. That's where it shines the most for me.

bzpsig2015.png

What exactly have I missed?

Monty Oum making amazing things on the internet. Also, there's now driving plot points in both the storage unit as well as on the flashback. But that is NOT why you were watching it, be honest. Edited by Makaru

20383310448_7d514f8ffa.jpg

Spoiler Alert

You know, I kind of want them to focus more on the freelancers at this point. I mean, seeing Church and the group together is fun, but we've already been through those things and it's starting to look more and more like a repeat. Although, the last episode with them was very funny and I hope they'll continue down that route. The other episodes with them just seemed to be more like filler if anything else (kinda like getting the plot where it needs to be). The freelancers just seem interesting to me. We know some of the characters and we know generally what happened, but it's really cool to see them all more in-depth (and not just with the action scenes, though the actions scenes are always great to watch). I keep feeling like they're going to link the two stories together with this one and I think it might be interesting if they do. Then again, I'd still like to see how Wash is doing in the present. I'd love to see how that goes. XD

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm essentially watching Season 9 for all the stuff the Freelancers do. Who'd think, right?

Once I saw the preview, I knew it was going to be this. Also, waiting patiently (and failing) for the entire album to come on iTunes before impulse buying tracks.

20383310448_7d514f8ffa.jpg

Spoiler Alert

The tracks were (at one point) on Zune Marketplace, so I'd been streaming them. Then they were removed (probably by Rooster Teeth) for now. I'm hoping it'll be back shortly. Also, I had a theory: What if the Tex we see in Epsichurch's reality is another version of his world's characters, and the Tex in the Freelancers is the Tex he's looking for, in another section of the memory unit?

bzpsig2015.png

im at the end of season 7 and the start of 8. the fight scene between Tex and the Red's in the base is hilarious

"knocked the black right off him!" Lol, I love that part!
my favourite part was Grif's unfortunate landing at the end that must of hurt even for a Spartan. Aslo why is Caboose's mind so weird? Edited by stoney the raptor

im at the end of season 7 and the start of 8. the fight scene between Tex and the Red's in the base is hilarious

"knocked the black right off him!" Lol, I love that part!
my favourite part was Grif's unfortunate landing at the end that must of hurt even for a Spartan. Aslo why is Caboose's mind so weird?
xD probably because he already "slow" before O'Malley messed up his brain. Making him even more weird. :P

I love RvB. My favorite character is actually Doc. He's not supposed to be lovable, but I feel like I relate to him. As far as thoughts on this season: mixed. I think the series devovled and evolved at the same time. The whole freelancer sub-plot is really neat and the action sequences are sweet. That's the evolution. The devolution (is that a word) is the other half of season nine. I feel like they took a step backwards and put us basically in season one all over again. Not that season one was bad (far from it) it's just that I feel like the jokes that can be done in that setting have already been done already with seasons 1-5. Right now, all the creativity is on the freelancer side, and the episilon stuff is just there to keep all the old RvB characters around. -don't touch my pocket protector

Three great comedies at one low, low price....NOTHING!

Three late-middle age matoran think of something they want to do before they kick the bucket.

Choose Your Own Bionicle Adventure (archived)

Navigate your way through a myriad of meaningless choices as you try to not make a fool of yourself in perhaps the only comedy ever written almost entirely in spoiler tags.

Useless BZP Junk that you Must Have!!!

Get to your phone, whip out your credit card, and prepare to buy some useless BZPower related junk that has no benefit on society except that you want it!!!

joehalobanner.jpg

I liked it as well, it just seems backwards, yes it was a much simpler time. The way Homestuck fans miss the 1-3 acts. I don't want simpler though, I appreciate the the jokes, the humor, but the story has evolved beyond a simple comedy and I could see why that might turn some people away.

So far, season 9 is epic! I really love the freelancer thing going on, explains a lot along with a cast of new characters along with the original gang. "I AM CABOOSE! THE VEHICLE DESTROYER!"

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

I loved the new episode. Lots of action and finally we find out a little more of what's going on.It makes me wonder what's inside of the sarcophagus?

And we got to see Carolina's face! Gotta say, they know when to reveal their faces pretty nicely. Always at a climax moment. I wonder what it would be like to see a new face in passing? Though, with CT, I think hers was my favorite. We saw the face, but we didn't know which Freelancer it belonged to. Pretty clever.

This is my favorite quote by everyone's favorite leader in Halo(Sides Chief and Sgt. Johnson), Sarge "Maybe you're all here because you feel like this is the only place you fit in, maybe you're all here, cause you have no where else to go, or maybe you're all here because, deep down, you WANT to be here. The reason doesn't matter, what matters is that your here! For all we know, Tex and Church are dead, which means we're the only ones who can prevent it from being covered up! The way I see it, these "Freelancer" guys are sending us throughout the dang galaxy, taking us away from our families, just so they can get their men ready for the big fight?! Well I'm just itchin', to show them what a real fight is all about! Time to clean a slate!"-Sarge, Season 8 Ep 19. The best speech in the show.

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

Rooster Teeth seems to outdo themselves more and more with each passing season. i cannot think of any other series which has been able to do what they do, yet still remain amazing throughout their entire run.

Agreed. While the series has had its highs and lows, overall it has been fantastic. However, I'd have to say that my favorite season was 6, mainly because I thought it walked the tightrope between comedy and drama perfectly. It was never too serious, yet it moved the plot forward. -don't touch my pocket protector

Three great comedies at one low, low price....NOTHING!

Three late-middle age matoran think of something they want to do before they kick the bucket.

Choose Your Own Bionicle Adventure (archived)

Navigate your way through a myriad of meaningless choices as you try to not make a fool of yourself in perhaps the only comedy ever written almost entirely in spoiler tags.

Useless BZP Junk that you Must Have!!!

Get to your phone, whip out your credit card, and prepare to buy some useless BZPower related junk that has no benefit on society except that you want it!!!

joehalobanner.jpg

Sarge: Men this won't be easy, the blues are totally bunkered down, and have both bases! Which gives them a humnormous strategic adventage! But we're the red team! *Sarges starts singing the backround with the team flag being waved* Sure you may not be the best squad, or have any other abilities that allow to be in any other reconizable legitament milatary unit, however-Donut: Where did that flag come from?Grif: Flag, who cares about the flag?! How about whos singing?!Sarge:-With the presice strategy, we will imerge victorious. With luck, anyone of us, will die in particular and-Simmons: Why don't wejust take over blue base?GUYS EPISODE 20 IS OUT NOW! YOU HAVE GOT TO SEE IT!

• 3 weeks later...

I stumbled upon it online, and, after realizing it was a fan-made series in the Halo universe, immediately starting watching. I've only watched a couple episodes so far, but they're funny, and I plan on continuing. What season is it in now? (I'm trying to figure out how long it will take me to catch up. :P)

rarity-with-wings.jpgrarity-heart.png <<Newest Chibi: Nuparu Inika

I've never really gotten into RvB, beyond some of the one-shots they've done like their holiday PSAs and whatnot. However, I must say that I love, love, love RoosterTeeth. Those guys are freaking hilarious, whether they're doing RvB, Immersion, Achievement Hunter, Drunk Tank, RT Shorts... whatever. They're freaking comedic genii.

calvin_and_hobbes_under_tree.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

HOLY COW THE 9TH SEASON WAS KICK BUTT!!!!!!

I stumbled upon it online, and, after realizing it was a fan-made series in the Halo universe, immediately starting watching. I've only watched a couple episodes so far, but they're funny, and I plan on continuing. What season is it in now? (I'm trying to figure out how long it will take me to catch up. :P)

Season 9. :P

Yeah, RvB MIA. They're coming close to perfection on this one so far in my opinion; I've really enjoyed Episodes 1-4. A lot.Season 9 was wicked, though I'll say that for the most part I really didn't enjoy the Epsilon Unit episodes. Episode 1 was great, and the segments in Episodes 19 and 20 were pretty cool, but other than that... meh. Honestly, I would've preferred to have seen the real Reds and Blues outside the unit, though being inside the unit did (I guess) help the plot.The Freelancer segments were all spectacular though; Episode 7 seemed out of place, but the rest I really enjoyed, and I love Carolina. She's pretty awesome. It was fun to see Wash not be cynical, and to see York starring in it. Watching Maine working with the other Freelancers was a treat too; but I am disappointed that Wyoming didn't appear more. He only said like two things. :(Which season is your favourite? I'd have a hard time deciding between Seasons 1, 2, or maybe 9. Gotta let 9 sit in for awhile before I can really decide.-ibrow

Seasons:57894