RPG: FTL

Alex Humva

IC: Ashley

Ashley wasn't sure what the long term repercussions of their embrace would be, hopefully good ones. As Dorian pointed out the new bunk charts Ashley glanced at it while she held Rehn.

Ah, so Anna is bunking with us. Cool! It was nice to know she'd have at least one person to share the bunk with. Deuce didn't count because for whatever reason, he was never here.

Edited by Princess Anna of Arendelle

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC [Dorian]

"I don't think it's the empathy but I'm getting a great sense of foreboding here." Dorian had, by this point fairly effectively curled into a minimal position, possibly helped by the fact he didn't actually exist. "At the same time, I'm also getting a lot of weirdness down the hall, so might not be anything right here. I do know that look, though. Think Rehn may be growing on you Ashley."

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

Ic:

"I- I apologize about the marriage thing..." Rehn said, gently biting her lower lip, "it's just... I'm not used to not following the things I grew up with..."

OOC: I did bring up a question earlier that I thought might help you deal with it depending on the answer, but of course you naturally ignored it or failed to notice. Assuming that in addition to re-inventing sexism these people also managed to resurrect a few other old prejudices such as homophobia, there could be a legal loophole that might get you out it on account that this is technically a homosexual wedding.

Edited by Atton Rand

OOC: Rand, what you said is wrong on at least three levels.

IC:

It was with an empty stomach and an occupied mind that Can wandered into the Mess hall, but when he spotted Estelle and Souper in the kitchen, he decided to poke his head in and ask "Hey Souper, mind if I scrounge something? I promise to clean up whatever I use...Oh, Hi Estelle."

That being said, thag thag thaggity thag thagness.

-Rover

"A memo was sent to Astaria asking if it would at all be possible to make a flying goat."

"The Astarians responded that making a goat fly would be trivial; making it land safely would be another matter entirely."

OOC

Or, you know, the simple fact that this is not Yokubon. Their customs and laws hold no precedence on this vessel. The Colonel would never sign papers without consenting parties. If there's consent then she takes a pretty w/e approach but as it stands that hasn't quite come about yet. There is no tricky colonial customs to deal with here, we are on a ship, not the colony, nothing applies.

IC [Dorian]

"I meant more her becoming more fond of you but I suppose both of you are developing. As the responsible adult of the group I suggest at least a months time dating, maybe request a bunk transfer, you know, the basics."

voidstars.png

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

Ashley giggled. "That's okay, it isn't easy to break away from things you grew up with. I mean, there's nothing wrong with a hug by marriage really...though I think both parties should um...agree to something like that first." Ashley stopped when she realised she was babbling a bit, then her face flushed as Dorian spoke.

I think you're getting wayyyy ahead of yourself there.

IC: Souper Saladd, Maker of Snacks

Understanding, the slug chef got to work on the snacks, within a few minutes getting an enchilada ready and prepared for Estelle, "Here...this should be good, right?" xhe said, placing it on a plate to cool as the Slug apparently understood Mexican food.

Edited by Zhangku

IC

"Hey Can." She said softly, feet swinging a bit as she sat on the counter. She smiled as Souper handed her the food. "Looks great, Soup."

She then turned her emerald eyes onto Can, "How have you been...? I haven't really talked to you lately."

Edited by Queen Elsa of Arendelle

IC [Dorian]

"I don't know, I'm just getting that vibe. I do live in your head, though admittedly I seem to be in the section that doesn't see much light of day. What do you keep in here... all I'm seeing is old anime movies. Oh, there's the part of you that turns on when you need to kill something. I feel slightly concerned now."

voidstars.png

IC Vincent

"Um... Cpt. Sindorin? No... Pt. Au? No... Pt. Blotts? No..." Vincent had walked a full loop around the armory and into the surrounding hallways. There was something wrong with the air conditioning, that was for sure, but Vincent couldn't tell what it was; this was made worse by the fact that it was working fine. He decided to call the others in Engineering, but nobody had picked up yet.

"Hmm... Air filters are fine, air circulation is fine, thermostat is fine... Maybe it's not the AC? Then what are those pipes for..." If those were furnace pipes, the crew was in for quite a mess. Or maybe they were water? Or were those pipes part of the shielding array's coolant system? "What the dickens..."

Edited by Last Son Amakusa

IC:

"Things have been hectic." Can said, then inhaled to read off the list. "The crazy doctor who yelled at Ashley is still on the ship, the computer is a full AI that has watched 2001, I just walked past Zhanar carrying a bunch of ferrets and copper tubing, and around a third of the ship's storage is now clogged because someone downloaded One Piece. You?"

Edited by Xomeron

-Rover

"A memo was sent to Astaria asking if it would at all be possible to make a flying goat."

"The Astarians responded that making a goat fly would be trivial; making it land safely would be another matter entirely."

IC

"..."

I was basically rejected a few moments ago.. The thought crossed her mind, but she shook her head and forced a smile.

"That sounds crazy... I've just been chilling... Nothing big."

IC [Dorian]

"Possibly because you have yet to shoot anything. I'm sure it'll come up when you do. And... oh hey your childhood memories! That's nice, brighten my day... or maybe not, nevermind. Here, here's the cat memories, those are nice. Oh, there's the part of you that likes cats, good to see that's in proper shape... ok deterring from the point. It's up to you to continue it, could just be friends. Good friends. Maybe."

voidstars.png

-==IC: Anna==-

Anna, having finally gotten back more to sleep, attempted to grab Ashley's arm while sleeping for some reason, but had absolutely no clue where it was, so the possibility of accidentally grabbing Ashley's face or something was most certainly there too.

IC:

"Better than the alternative, I guess. You think we should put in an official report about the angry doctor?" Can said. "I mean, the Colonel can look the other way if no one brings it up, but if we force her to officially take note, she'll have to respond somehow..." As he spoke, Can had wandered over to a cabinet and peered into its context. "Know what we could use? Some hot chocolate. I should check the Brasilia's shops..."

-Rover

IC:

"Souper where do you keep milk I need to know immediately" Can said, looking at the slug before checking cabinets; it didn't occur to him to check the refrigerator, because he had only ever known powdered milk.

-Rover

Well of course the cat part is in proper shape! Ashley chose not to comment on the other stuff.

"Something wr-" Ashley was interrupted when Anna's hand grabbed her face. Ashley immediately pulled it off in surprise.

"Maybe we should move to the other bed..."

IC [Dorian]

"I'm not moving, so please avoid people sitting on me."

voidstars.png

IC:

"Why would you keep milk in the fri-that's right, not in the Belt." Can shook his head. "Ships in the belt can go months without touching one of the Four or getting a shipment from a planet, all our milk is powdered." Can quickly recovered the milk, and set about making two cups of hot chocolate. "So, did you check up on Ashley? Having someone yell at you like that's gotta be nerve rattling...how old is she anyway? She doesn't seem old enough to be a pilot..."

-Rover

IC [Dorian]

"I've prepared myself for this day. Here, take my memories Ashley, they'll help you." Said memories might have been a bit lacking in actual test subjects and possessing a great quantity of mirrors but such was life.

voidstars.png

Ashley was surprised when Rehn pulled her along, usually it was the other way around! Then she was even more surprised when Rehn confessed feelings for her...well sort of surprised. It had been sort of obvious, but it surprised her none the less.

Ashley's face was beet red, she could be pretty affectionate to a lot of her friends, but she didn't normally get all flustered about it. Dorian choosing to give her rather odd memories didn't help her much either.

"I...I like you too." She really was the cutest thing, honestly.

IC [Dorian]

Dorian was still lying on the other bed curled up, but had at this point shifted so he could watch the scene onfold, some popcorn resting on his leg while he kept an eye on it. At Rehn's question, he raised a hand. "I think this is the part where the month of dating starts."

Edited by Engineer Alexandra Humva

voidstars.png

IC: [ Wulf Kharon ] - UFS Kestrel / Deck 3 / Mess hall

"Me? Rode shotgun in an armored truckload of high explosives, mainly. Five hundred miles of empty desert to get behind the Mantis lines, and from there on out, it was tooth and claw. Fighting in the rocks, at night, mostly on foot. With knives, garrotte wire, silenced automatics. Real movie stuff."

A tight, crooked half-smile. More a grimace, really.

"Took out a supply dump, started an avalanche or two, poisoned a reservoir. Bought some time for the guys at the front line, I suppose. Hard to say, but we gave it all we had. Lost twelve men out of fifteen, in the end. The last three of us hijacked a Mantis dropship for the getaway; we'd lost the truck in a ravine two days before."

A brief moment of silence, and then the privateer added simply, "That's all, but I guess it's something. Keep your chin up, kid. Lay off the bottle; try meditating instead. See you around."

And he turned then, easy on his feet as an enormous tomcat, and walked out as noiselessly as he had come.

OOC:

Might not be online much tomorrow, so will take this opportunity to free up your character for potential interaction with someone else. :)

Ashley took a breath, it looked like she'd have to explain it. "Well, a date is something two people that like each other do. You can do whatever you want to on a date really, the only requirement is that you do something fun together! Like go see a movie...go to dinner...pet cats...cuddle...anything we want."

IC [Dorian]

"Feeling like the third wheel here again. Perhaps I can offer my psionic services towards putting information in Rehn's head. A lot more efficient than explaining, pretty sure it doesn't cause damage."

voidstars.png