RPG: FTL

Alex Humva

IC:

Zhanar offered a slight distraction to the meeting by walking through it with an armful of ferrets; Can, who had been considering a retort, decided against it in favor of staring at one of the stranger sights in the ship as it passed.

That being said, thag thag thaggity thag thagness.

-Rover

"A memo was sent to Astaria asking if it would at all be possible to make a flying goat."

"The Astarians responded that making a goat fly would be trivial; making it land safely would be another matter entirely."

IC: While walking onto the Kestral, Maton starts to think of all the possible ways he could turn the entire ship into a weapon, a flying weapon of pure awesomeness... never mind, that would probably do more harm than good. Maton starts to search for the Colonel, the man told him to report to her. He hears voices in the mess hall. He walks towards the mess hall and sees that there is something going on. Maton stands in the door way, keeping quiet.

OOC: Maton is open to interact.

Yoko

IC:

Zhanar, seeing his path to the door blocked by an Engi, decided to attempt to make friends, beginning by handing it one of his ferrets.

-Rover

"A memo was sent to Astaria asking if it would at all be possible to make a flying goat."

"The Astarians responded that making a goat fly would be trivial; making it land safely would be another matter entirely."

IC [Colonel Ojeda]

"A discharge is beyond my level of command, but therapy... this mission will be harsh. I cannot say we'll all be here by the end of it. It's not the environment to recover in. Why do you even want to be with us, Doctor?"

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

IC [Colonel Ojeda]

"If you don't know, then why stay? Therapy on a battleship's going be a lot kinder than a six month voyage on a blockade runner."

voidstars.png

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

IC: "I suppose so," Nicole replied. "It is a strange thing. When I was transferred to the ambassador's ship I would have given anything to get off, and I'm a sick doctor with a dead girlfriend who can't walk into an emergency room, and then when confronted with a transfer I find myself wanting to stay. Still, if I can work up the confidence to get back into medicine, it won't do much good if I can't practice it."

She paused for a moment. "Maybe if there was something I could do here, even if I can only do psychology sessions with the computer?"

Edited by Atton Rand

IC [Colonel Ojeda]

"Perhaps... hmm. A disturbing thought crossed my mind, but..." She pulled a tablet from her coat, tapping away at it, apparently interfacing with the computer. Anyone peeking would notice some sort of cipher, an alphabet not easily recognized. She settled it down after a period of contemplation, looking directly at Nicole. "There is an option I see here, one that the higherups might not... approve of, so much. Skinter, if you feel the urge to take this to a military tribunal, I would point out that section seventeen of the Common Conduct states that if there is consent in psionic affairs, it is legal.

"Doctor, you need therapy, one way or the other, and I'm just not convinced you're going get a good one here on the Kestrel. There is, however, some more experimental processes we could use. I am aware of something that was being tested on Earth before we left, with war veterans; psionic dampening of the depressive memories. Slugs had always proved a faulty interface with the human mind, but as it happens, we seem to have a psionic human aboard.

"Letting a novice at your brain may seem problematic, but unless she pushes too hard, not going to cause any proper damage. I'll discuss the process with Landes, and if she agrees to it, and you agree to it, then we will attempt the operation. If it succeeds you may remain aboard, and probably be slightly saner. If it doesn't, well, it's a marginal chance of brain damage, probably would just be temporary amnesia."

IC [Dorian]

By now, Ashley had fallen into a proper sleep, and soon, her mind became active with her dreams. One materialized in that inky void, Ashley and Dorian finding themselves sitting on the medbay bed opposite of each other, cards in hand.

"Oh, well, hi." Dorian seemed absent-minded. "Wasn't exactly how I expected this to work but ok. So, what do you want to talk about? We got all night."

Edited by Engineer Alexandra Humva

voidstars.png

IC: Nicole paused, confused. "You're suggesting we... let a person into my head?" She asked. "Like Ashley?" The idea was certainly something she did not feel comfortable about, but on the other hand the alternative was to go back to a mental hospital.

OOC: You know, I've always wondered, where exactly did the word "Psionics" come from? It's not that there's anything wrong with it I've just always found it a curious term to use for this area.

Edited by Atton Rand

IC [Colonel Ojeda]

"From what I understand the man is in Landes' head, she'd be in your head, though I'm not privy as to how this all exactly works. Have to ask her, I imagine."

OOC

Psionic derives from psychic, to cover all mentally-based powers from telepathy to telekinesis to premonitions and such things.

voidstars.png

OOC

Psionic derives from psychic, to cover all mentally-based powers from telepathy to telekinesis to premonitions and such things.

OOC: That... actually makes a bit of sense. Sort of a term for the general study of all things related to mental power?

IC: Nicole thought for a moment. On the one hand, the idea of a man being able to enter her mind was hardly a pleasant one, but on the other it would mean someone who could help her through any episodes she may have. Having a person who could actually see into her mind would probably know how to help, and it might make it easier to make amends with those she knew distrusted her, essentially everyone except Vincent.

"Alright," Nicole muttered. "If you're sure this will work I'm willing to try it."

IC [Dorian]

"You're asleep. Possibly not lucid though, here." Dorian reached out and gave Ashley a good slap, though it promptly hit him as well. "Well now we're both lucid. Careful about dreams, funny and volatile things, I would prefer no horrific fate befell me in here. Though I also have a good control of this dreamstate so I think we might be ok. But no, I don't have any cats, go fish."

IC [Colonel Ojeda]

"Not sure it'll work but it is what's keeping me from signing your transfer order so I think we best try it."

voidstars.png

IC [Colonel Ojeda]

"Third shift is ending, and I am tired. I think it's best to leave it for next shift Chastain, hold down the ship, it's your turn. Doctor, it'll take time, so please, do endeavor not to have another incident until then?"

IC [Dorian]

"I foresee this getting really trippy really fast. Also, somewhat concerning thought, I think your feelings are bleeding over into my side of your brain, I'm starting to feel this urge to cuddle with Au. Really need to figure out, hate to be unfaithful to Emily while I'm here. Then again, I'm still back home, so technically I wouldn't be... this is all so confusing."

voidstars.png

IC:

"Well, now that that's done.." William muttered, sighing and turning away from the proceedings. He slipped his hands into his pockets, diverting his attention once again to his colleague.

"Estelle? I don't mean to intrude, but when you have a moment, could I have a word with you? Please?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: "Yes ma'am," Nicole said. She had an idea of what she needed to do. While she certainly felt something to keep her mind occupied might help, there was one thing she needed to do. She picked up the locket as she stood and turned for the door.

Nicole stepped into the bunks, passing several empty rooms until finally she found what she was looking for. Two other girls were asleep and the cat girl was busy playing with a fishing pole. Nicole was still hardly thrilled by her features but knew what she had to do. She put a hand on the doorframe.

"Ashley? I know you hate me right now. I just wanted to say I'm sorry for what happened earlier."

OOC: Well, I knew I'd have to do this sooner or later. Patching things up with Ashley seemed like something that might help get her in a better standing.

Edited by Atton Rand

IC:

"I'm not going to throw the book this time" Can said. "AI might be chaotic evil, but Ashley seems alright." Can's thoughts trailed off, and he was about to turn and talk to Estelle when Daniels spoke to her. "Well, that's a thing" he thought, before his computer beeped; at that moment, he realized he'd left a kettle of hot chocolate heating up in the kitchen this entire time, and rushed off to attend to it, keeping one ear on the action in the mess hall.

-Rover

OOC

Atton, Ashley is... kinda asleep and having a dream sequence.

voidstars.png

OOC: Uh Atton, Ashley is dreaming all that, she's currently fast asleep cuddling with Rehn. Try reading our posts more carefully.

IC: Ashley

Ashley got a tug on the line, she pulled back, and out came a cow.

"...dreams are weird." Ashley commented as she tossed the pole away. "What will happen to you if you ever get out of my head and back into your body? Are you even really even the same Dorian that is in your body? Maybe you're two different people now."

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC [Dorian]

"The more I think about it, the more I think they can't actually do that. I'm already kinda fused into your psyche and, well, I don't think I could actually merge back into myself. Think the higherups forgot to mention that. I... may be stuck without a body, forever."

voidstars.png

IC: Ashley

"I see..." Ashley said sadly, it sounded like a horrible fate, plus it also meant that she'd probably be stuck with him in her head...forever.

"What if...we built you a robot body?" Consequently a robot appeared next to them that looked very much like Dorian's real body.

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC:

"Sixty seconds, after that, I promise I'll stop pestering you today." Daniels replied with a touch of humor, smiling slightly, before pausing again, thinking a moment. "Deuce entered before I really had time to say what I wanted to say, so I wanted to at least finish it."

"I'm not going to pretend to be any good at dealing with this sort of thing." He admitted sheepishly, shifting position out of habit. "I was never very good at it, though I used to be better. The point I'm trying to get at is that I was surprised, though apparently even Dave caught on before I did, judging by his behavior. I wasn't quite sure what to do with myself, and the merc pilot burst in before I really had time to think."

"That said... I think I might like you too."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

OOC: Uh Atton, Ashley is dreaming all that, she's currently fast asleep cuddling with Rehn. Try reading our posts more carefully.

OOC: Blimey, you're right. I thought a fishing pole was a weird thing to have on a spaceship. I guess the reconciliation will have to wait.

IC: Nicole stood at the door, looking at Ashley who lay asleep in front of her. She was tempted to wake her up and make her point. She stepped into the room, and reached out towards her.

As she did, she stopped, hesitated. "What if she takes this the wrong way," she thought to herself. Quietly Nicole backed out of the room. As soon as she reached the door, she turned and walked away. She'd have to wait to speak with Ashley. In the meantime, the best she could do was ask around and find out if there was anything at all she could do. It did not even have to be medicinal, just something to keep her mind occupied.

IC

Estelle's cheeks began to match the same color as her hair as Will spoke. His confession made her heart beat rise, her heart thumping loudly.

"I... You do?" She asked, almost in disbelief.

IC [Colonel Ojeda]

The Colonel poked her head back into the room, looking at the majors intently, and then promptly slinking back off to her bunk.

IC [Dorian]

"I... don't think it quite works that way. I'm just kinda stuck here. My consciousness has probably imprinted on your brain so even if we could try transferring it elsewhere, it'd be near impossible to do it with anyone except maybe your sister. But you don't have a sister." Dorian seemed rather depressed by this all. "Never go home again as myself, some other me is off with Emily... well, I guess out of the potential for wrong, being in your head isn't that bad in the galactic scheme of things."

voidstars.png

IC: Nicole wandered down the corridor, noticing Colonel Ojeda passing by. "Excuse me," Nicole asked, shyly. "I was just wondering if you knew of any jobs I could do. Anything at all that might be helpful.

OOC: I just realized, those charts you made detailing the layout of the Kestrel have no information on the locations of lifts or washrooms.

Edited by Atton Rand

IC:

"You don't need to sound that surprised." The Weapons Officer quipped softly, noting the Colonel's reaction out of the corner of his eyes as his smile widened slightly. "I mean, it shouldn't be that surprising."

"And why would I say it if it wasn't the case?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Deuce (Hanger, Using Computer Terminal)

After a little more wandering the halls. Deuce finally arrived back at the hanger. Well that sure was a hectic way to spend my recovery period. I just woke up for crying out loud. Knew I never should have taken on this military mission, still not sure what Billy and Pinky were so annoyed about anyway. Just wanted to save some time. Ah well not like it matters now.

"Hey um," Deuce started as he activated the terminal, "Computer, mind letting Ojeda know that I'm awake and ready for duty or whatever the proper military thing is."

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

IC [Colonel Ojeda]

"Engineering always needs a deft par of hands, though Devas is hardly the social type. Maybe go check on our merc, he seems to have an allergic reaction to nanites, needs some sort of 'natural' medicine, man's probably going collapse dead soon. Location is... cargo bay."

IC [The Computer]

"She has already been informed, Mr. Deuce."

voidstars.png

IC:

Can grinned at the duo from the kitchen door, mug of hot chocolate in hand. "So this is what High School is like on Earth." He commented, deciding to fulfill his snark quota.

-Rover

IC [The Computer]

"I am obligated to refer to you by some sort of proper name or title, pilot."

voidstars.png