Rumor: Bionicle's return in 2015

Greg continues to stop the hype train over at LMB......

cmacd1001 wrote:

Greg, i'm a TTV ( thethreevirtues) fan, and they've been on the hype train for weeks about Bionicle's return. They interviewed you a while ago, and I was wondering if you knew about it' s return durring the interview. And, if so, how hard it was to keep the secret. 

If they are on a hype train, they got on board by themselves, and so far as I know there has yet to be any evidence it is anything but hype.

Lol is that some kind of joke?  ;)

• Upvote 2

Greg continues to stop the hype train over at LMB......

cmacd1001 wrote:Greg, i'm a TTV ( thethreevirtues) fan, and they've been on the hype train for weeks about Bionicle's return. They interviewed you a while ago, and I was wondering if you knew about it' s return durring the interview. And, if so, how hard it was to keep the secret. 

If they are on a hype train, they got on board by themselves, and so far as I know there has yet to be any evidence it is anything but hype.

TBH, I feel sorry for the guy. Whether it's real or not, he's getting a lot of aggravation over this issue.

• Upvote 6

I can't understand why people are bugging Greg, that's the thing. Do people really expect him to let something slip?

Everyone has their limits; I'm afraid the LMB crowd won't stop till they've worn him down, like a prisoner being tortured for information :P

It's been bothering me too, cause not only is it an excercise in futility, it might lead to him having to stop answering any questions at all, which would be pretty lame but not uncalled for. I hope he keeps ignoring it the way he is now, I feel really bad for the guy.

• Upvote 4

pomegranate-banner-sm.png .

Greg farshtey pretty much confirmed didn't he? At 1:37 to 2:13 in this video -->

Also, I don't know if it's just me but going to bionicle.com makes lego.com appear but everything's really messed up. Anyone else?

Edited by XJCLW

I can't understand why people are bugging Greg, that's the thing. Do people really expect him to let something slip?

Everyone has their limits; I'm afraid the LMB crowd won't stop till they've worn him down, like a prisoner being tortured for information :P

It's been bothering me too, cause not only is it an excercise in futility, it might lead to him having to stop answering any questions at all, which would be pretty lame but not uncalled for. I hope he keeps ignoring it the way he is now, I feel really bad for the guy.

Well if greg really wanted to Can't he just ignore all the same repetitive questions they keep asking him?

Maybe it's time to make a "We <3 Greg" card with all of our signatures.

JK :lol-sign:

Edited by Jakura Nuva
  • Upvote 1

Greg farshtey pretty much confirmed didn't he? At 1:37 to 2:13 in this video -->

Also, I don't know if it's just me but going to bionicle.com makes lego.com appear but everything's really messed up. Anyone else?

It's always done that since Bionicles site was taken down.

I thought it just showed lego.com? I mean all the images are messed up with lines on them, there are missing texts, messages saying "undefined", stuff like that.

I thought it just showed lego.com? I mean all the images are messed up with lines on them, there are missing texts, messages saying "undefined", stuff like that.

That's strange, It's not happening to me...

That's strange, It's not happening to me...

Odd. It only happens when you are redirected from Bionicle.com for me, not just lego.com normally.

On brickset there is a gap between 70727 and 70800. The supposed set numbers fit exactly in this gap. Coincidence? I think not.

This is the kind of investigating I like :P

It doesn't guaranteed those missing sets will be filled in with Bionicle, but now that option is definitely open. Exciting! :D

• Upvote 1

pomegranate-banner-sm.png .

Odd.  I have links to Bionicle.com and Bionicle Story.com in my documents, but nothing weird happened when they redirected me to Lego.com.

On 9/29/2014, Greg Farshtey said:

"Just wanted to say a quick something --

A lot of you guys are BIONICLE fans, many from way back. It's no secret that you are some of the smartest, most loyal, and most dedicated fans out there. You, and you alone, have carried the torch for the line over the last four years. Hopefully, you will feel rewarded for your efforts by 2015 BIONICLE.

Regardless, I wanted to take this opportunity to say that I am really proud to be associated with you, and you should be really proud of yourselves"

Ordinarily, I don't do quotes, but this is special.

Fire Ice Water Stone Earth Air... I mean Jungle.

Bionicle: The Legacy Hero An attempt to put some magic back into Bionicle.

I'm not upset about it. It's just that continually spamming after Windrider specifically said to stop spamming is rather disrespectful. I don't buy the excuse that there isn't anything to talk about either. If you really don't have anything meaningful to contribute to the discussion, it's better to just not say anything at all. The EB topic has been free of spam for the most part because people have some self control there. I'd like to see that happen here. 

Keep in mind that they are also allowed to discuss leaks, which allows much more discussion to occur. Once we get an official confirmation, I'm sure the amount of spam will drastically decrease.

• Upvote 2

shadow_destroyer_banner.jpg
Thank you to the Dark Beings Banner and Avatar Shop for the banner! Brickshelf Gallery  BZPRPG Profiles 

Here's my latest thoughts on this issue:

A: whoever hacked Greg's account back in 2013 knew of discussions of Bionicle's return.  A double-pronged prank, because no one believed them, and it turns out they were right all along

B: A triple-pronged prank; the hacker made the faked images of Bionicle in 2015.  They've then managed to fool us with the same thing twice, which is awesome.

Also, Meiko's post back in 2013 implied he knew said hacker.  Does anyone still know said person and can confirm or deny these ideas?  Or did anyone ever know him/her?

~W.12.~

It was probably no more than a prank, you know? I don't think we should connect something from the beginning of the year in 2013 to late 2014. 

The images also have certain qualities that relate to current constraction design, so even if they were faked, they were made in extreme detail.

kalija.png

all this is temporary.

Follow me on Twitter! @sean52711

I'll follow back.

A: whoever hacked Greg's account back in 2013 knew of discussions of Bionicle's return.  A double-pronged prank, because no one believed them, and it turns out they were right all along

B: A triple-pronged prank; the hacker made the faked images of Bionicle in 2015.  They've then managed to fool us with the same thing twice, which is awesome.

Also, Meiko's post back in 2013 implied he knew said hacker.  Does anyone still know said person and can confirm or deny these ideas?  Or did anyone ever know him/her?

~W.12.~

It was probably no more than a prank, you know? I don't think we should connect something from the beginning of the year in 2013 to late 2014. 

The images also have certain qualities that relate to current constraction design, so even if they were faked, they were made in extreme detail.

You just said it was a prank then said it was real. Besides your contradictions, I will go with your first sentence: Coming soon page on lego can't be result of a prank, especially the bionicle-keyword/url oddness being bionicle-keyword/url specific.

On brickset there is a gap between 70727 and 70800. The supposed set numbers fit exactly in this gap.  Coincidence? I think not.

Not exactly a coincidence, but it's not really strong evidence either. Ever since LEGO switched from four-digit to five-digit set numbers there have been huge gaps all over the place, so it's not the least bit hard to find thirteen consecutive numbers that aren't already used up. Even before the switch, nobody who cared the least bit about fooling people would create fake sets that shared numbers with existing sets. Not if there were plenty of consecutive numbers available.

Actually, the rumored set numbers are one of the strangest pieces of evidence, since up until now most set numbers have started at a multiple of 100 and gone up consecutively. If these numbers are real (and I personally don't doubt them), it shows that either there are a lot of other sets before them that we don't know about, or the LEGO Group has changed their numbering strategy somewhat and started counting backwards from multiples of 100 instead of forwards.

• Upvote 1

On brickset there is a gap between 70727 and 70800. The supposed set numbers fit exactly in this gap.  Coincidence? I think not.

i discovered that first

I believe I saw it in a YouTube video by Custom Bionicle first.

Wait someone discovered that already?

Edited by XJCLW
  • Upvote 1

i discovered that first

Wait someone discovered that already?

Yeah, I read about that rumor like a week ago...

• Upvote 1

Arguing who found what first is probably not going to be the best subject for discussion, gents.

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

~W.12.~

Just a note on the prank, though. I remember reading it last year, and Greg's signature had been changed to say something along the lines of Bionicle 2015, even though his actual post never mentions a year. Makes you wonder if the prankster really did know something in advance? 

Or maybe (switches to conspiratorial mode) Greg was the prankster and hacked his own account...

On brickset there is a gap between 70727 and 70800. The supposed set numbers fit exactly in this gap. Coincidence? I think not.

This is the kind of investigating I like :P

It doesn't guaranteed those missing sets will be filled in with Bionicle, but now that option is definitely open. Exciting! :D

Interesting. I tried searching all kinds of 2015 set numbers on Brickset a few weeks ago, specifically the ones that appeared with the leaked set names, and anything before or after that. None of them seemed to work for me, so maybe they've updated their database? 

Maybe it's time to make a "We <3 Greg" card with all of our signatures.

JK :lol-sign:

I agree. Poor Greg needs a break. He isn't going to tell us anything, which is why I haven't bothered asking him anything. Half of me wants Lego to announce Bionicle's return just so people will top spamming Greg about it. 

The rest of me wants Lego to announce it so that we can have a more productive discussion. 

• Upvote 4

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Had no idea I was mentioned in a video. :P

[removed]

Edited by Makaru
leak discussion

Add me on 3DS: 0516-7750-0068

Add me on Wii U: Boidoh

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Like, Comment, And Subscribe for Nintendo Content - NinBoidoh

I'm getting very angry and impatient that the LMB people keep trying to get Greg in trouble.

Seriously, it just makes us fans look bad in the eyes of the company that, mind you, is responsible for making the very toys and story we are clamouring for.

I keep getting nightmares that Lego will get super angry and tell us they cancelled it because they couldn't take the impatience. Or they'll make all the sets out of lime-green pieces(you know which pieces I mean).

Seriously, how thick can they get?

• Upvote 8

Just a note on the prank, though. I remember reading it last year, and Greg's signature had been changed to say something along the lines of Bionicle 2015, even though his actual post never mentions a year. Makes you wonder if the prankster really did know something in advance?

I doubt Lego were planning Bionicle's return in the first months of 2013 (given that even now, in mid-2014, the line still isn't ready to be confirmed). And even if they were, at that point it would only have been known about by the company's inner circle of employees, so the 'prankster' would have to have been one of them. I can't see why any of them would risk their jobs just to post a prank on a fansite.

Edited by Sir Kohran

Oh god, if they made an entire set out of 07 era lime pieces I'm pretty sure it would shatter as soon as you finished building it.

Thankfully that won't ever happen again if these new sets use hero factory pieces that have much higher quality. I didn't know any better as a child that my Hali's joints were going to break like that. :(

• Upvote 2

Oh god, if they made an entire set out of 07 era lime pieces I'm pretty sure it would shatter as soon as you finished building it.

Thankfully that won't ever happen again if these new sets use hero factory pieces that have much higher quality. I didn't know any better as a child that my Hali's joints were going to break like that. :(

That's the one benefit of using HF parts; they're far less likely to break. I don't make many MOCs anymore because all of my parts keep breaking. I want the new sets to come out already so I can get back to MOCing myself. 

• Upvote 4

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

That's the one benefit of using HF parts; they're far less likely to break. I don't make many MOCs anymore because all of my parts keep breaking. I want the new sets to come out already so I can get back to MOCing myself. 

I've never had a post 2010 herofactory set piece break on me, minus the old glatorian heads and I think a claw piece

• Upvote 1

I've never had a post 2010 herofactory set piece break on me, minus the old glatorian heads and I think a claw piece

Same here. I don't have all that many pieces, but none of them have actually broken. 

So I guess it isn't too bad that Bionicle 2015 will use the current building system, although I'd like them to make some new parts and change the armour plates a bit more so that they resemble the old Bionicle parts. It would be a nice blast from the past for old fans, and provide something different from HF for the new ones. 

• Upvote 3

Same here. I don't have all that many pieces, but none of them have actually broken. 

So I guess it isn't too bad that Bionicle 2015 will use the current building system, although I'd like them to make some new parts and change the armour plates a bit more so that they resemble the old Bionicle parts. It would be a nice blast from the past for old fans, and provide something different from HF for the new ones. 

I think the more new parts they make for the relaunch of bionicle over the years will probably give it a different look from hero factory and make the new sets look more like were used to.

• Upvote 1

Hey, I'm new to BZP. I'm very excited if Bionicle comes back next year, and I'm a huge fan of BIONICLE since I got my first set (Gali Nuva) back in early 2003, :)

Woah, Gali Nuva was also my first set, too!

Anyway, welcome to the forums. Whether Bionicle returns, or else the hype train catastrophically derails, I hope you'll stick around.

If Bionicle does come back, I also reckon that marketing is key if Lego want to get the 'smartphone' generation of preteens to buy the sets. I doubt simply swapping HF for Bionicle will increase constraction sales all that much. An Android/iOS game in the style of MNOG would be perfect.

• Upvote 4

i discovered that first

rewatch the video, he metions me in it.

just go ten seconds in and he literally says " our good friend Spectral rain..." then he talks about me being in his last video, and shows the message about brickset that i sent him

Edited by Spectral_Rain