Rumor: Bionicle's return in 2015

Maybe they'll just add in some axle and pin holes here and there for greater compatibility with the original Bioncle sets, while still adhering to a strict CCBS?

I think so. Why bother leaving all of those pin holes there to begin with if they weren't using some technic parts? Some of the original Bionicle armour plates are already still compatible with the CCBS, like Kalmah's crimson/black plates, so it's feasible to imagine they'll keep some of the originals or make more. 

Edited by NatoGreavesy
  • Upvote 1

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Holy moly! I go searchin for Lego Island quotes and see this! Oh man if this is true then I'll be getting new Lego products very soon.

Ugh I wanted to collect the final sets back in 2010 but its a long story and not a happy one. Short version I lost a lot five years ago and I've not been able to rebuild my Lego stuffs too well since.

Still love Lego and I buy when I can but larger things have needed my cash. 

Any new word on this yet? I read a few pages but can't read through them all.

You know its funny. I decided the other day one of my first review videos for my youtube channel would be Bionicle The game for Pc. 

Bionicle is amazing.

Legends Never Die!

Holy moly! I go searchin for Lego Island quotes and see this! Oh man if this is true then I'll be getting new Lego products very soon.

Ugh I wanted to collect the final sets back in 2010 but its a long story and not a happy one. Short version I lost a lot five years ago and I've not been able to rebuild my Lego stuffs too well since.

You know its funny. I decided the other day one of my first review videos for my youtube channel would be Bionicle The game for Pc. 

Trust me, you don't want to read through them all. We go so ridiculously off topic its laughable. 

The only real news is that there are a bunch of leaks (that BZP's leaks policy doesn't let us discuss), the Lego shop at one point redirected to a "coming soon" page if you were to search Bionicle ( this redirect has since been removed), and a post was made on GregF's page almost two years ago that said Bionicle would be returning (even though this was apparently a prank). Somehow, from all of that everyone (myself included) is pretty confident that Bionicle will indeed be returning in 2015. All we're waiting on is some kind of official confirmation from Lego. 

• Upvote 2

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Trust me, you don't want to read through them all. We go so ridiculously off topic its laughable. 

The only real news is that there are a bunch of leaks (that BZP's leaks policy doesn't let us discuss), the Lego shop at one point redirected to a "coming soon" page if you were to search Bionicle ( this redirect has since been removed), and a post was made on GregF's page almost two years ago that said Bionicle would be returning (even though this was apparently a prank). Somehow, from all of that everyone (myself included) is pretty confident that Bionicle will indeed be returning in 2015. All we're waiting on is some kind of official confirmation from Lego. 

You forgot the hype train. YOU FORGOT THE HYPE TRAIN. Is he allowed on board?

• Upvote 3

hTeXGIU.png

Also, if you're a resident of the UK and like Bionicle, go ahead and join

us at this awesome Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/BFUK7/

Yes, anyone with the power of hype can.

But that's off-topic.

To bring it back on-topic, what would you guys like to see for Bionicle when it comes to the game sector of thing when Bionicle comes back?

A canon game or just a crazy shooter(ahem Bionicle Heroes)?

Edited by Norik Of Celtania
  • Upvote 2

You forgot the hype train. YOU FORGOT THE HYPE TRAIN. Is he allowed on board?

I didn't actually forget it, I just didn't feel the need to mention it, lest I incur the wrath of vengeful admins. We went way too far off topic with our Hype Train madness, as fun as it was. But anyone is allowed on board, assuming they can actually catch up...

But that's off-topic.

To bring it back on-topic, what would you guys like to see for Bionicle when it comes to the game sector of thing when Bionicle comes back?

I'm not sure how much time I would devote to a game, regardless of what it was. I'd love a Bionicle RPG style of game, but I doubt we'd get one of those. IF they did make a game of some description, I think it would have to be a little better than some of the tacky games they had in later years. It would have to be something engaging enough to keep people interested in it. Unfortunately, I'm not a gaming expert, so I have no real idea what I'm talking about. 

• Upvote 2

Gamewise, (I believe that I've already said this quite a few pages back) I want an MMORPG with completely customisable characters. For the customisation stuff, I would want something along the customisation options which BIONICLE Fighter: Broken Virtues by Katuko has. You can play as a Toa of any element, a Rahkshi with any power, and the vast majority of masks are already coded in.

Basically a VR version of the BZPRPG.

Edited by Makuta Miras
  • Upvote 3

VBWj75sh.png

But that's off-topic.

I'd like either, but my preference would be one of those platformer-shooter kinds of things that lego is so good at making, yet rarely does. You know, like that Pharoh's Quest thing.

• Upvote 2

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

You're all talking about shooter style games.

When Bionicle returns, I really hope I don't have to see any blasters of any type. 

Maybe I'm just an old school fan, but the tools the Toa Mata used are just too sweet. A blaster of some type on those sets would really make the return a less exciting one for me.

• Upvote 4

kalija.png

all this is temporary.

Follow me on Twitter! @sean52711

I'll follow back.

\ Somehow, from all of that everyone (myself included) is pretty confident that Bionicle will indeed be returning in 2015. All we're waiting on is some kind of official confirmation from Lego. 

Well count me in then. I do hope that it gets confirmed soo.

As for the game I'd like to see. A BIONCLE RPG would be awesome. Cannon of course. Aw man you know the best peoplefor that would be Squareenix! That would be a epic BIONICLE.

• Upvote 1

Bionicle is amazing.

Legends Never Die!

I'm totally down for an MMO, the standard WoW clone would work great. With so many different races, powers, masks and armor, transformations, allegiances, etc., it would not be hard to make a very satisfyingly varied and adaptable class system and the potential to create your perfect hero or villain; elemental powers could interact with the environment and force you to work together with others to successfully complete certain quest objectives or traverse difficult terrain, or open up areas that require six different elements to open (sorta like Toa seals?) and the whole thing with collecting kanohi and magic stones and krana could make fetch quests actually fun and diverse and relevant to the plot and advancement. Bionicle has a lot of potential for adaptation to MMO, with so many different locations and time periods for which to assign as the game's setting and zones of exploration. All the major islands/domes and possibly Bara Magna as well; a fair bit of time travel could actually be very interesting, as you could basically time skip as you advance through the story (thousands of years are blinks of an eye, the way Bionicle treats that) and there are soooo many characters who could be NPCs that transport you around and train you and stuff. Alternatively, it could just be on Mata Nui or on Metru Nui during any of its wars, or on Spherus Magna and the game would update as the story does. There's just so much they could do with it. Bionicle is the perfect fantasy adventure template.

On the other hand, I too would love another MNOG style game :P

• Upvote 2

pomegranate-banner-sm.png .

I'm totally down for an MMO, the standard WoW clone would work great. With so many different races, powers, masks and armor, transformations, allegiances, etc., it would not be hard to make a very satisfyingly varied and adaptable class system and the potential to create your perfect hero or villain; elemental powers could interact with the environment and force you to work together with others to successfully complete certain quest objectives or traverse difficult terrain, or open up areas that require six different elements to open (sorta like Toa seals?) and the whole thing with collecting kanohi and magic stones and krana could make fetch quests actually fun and diverse and relevant to the plot and advancement. Bionicle has a lot of potential for adaptation to MMO, with so many different locations and time periods for which to assign as the game's setting and zones of exploration. All the major islands/domes and possibly Bara Magna as well; a fair bit of time travel could actually be very interesting, as you could basically time skip as you advance through the story (thousands of years are blinks of an eye, the way Bionicle treats that) and there are soooo many characters who could be NPCs that transport you around and train you and stuff. Alternatively, it could just be on Mata Nui or on Metru Nui during any of its wars, or on Spherus Magna and the game would update as the story does. There's just so much they could do with it. Bionicle is the perfect fantasy adventure template.

Dang it! You're getting me hyped for something that might not even end up existing!
andromeda_m31_slideshow.jpg

Dang it! You're getting me hyped for something that might not even end up existing!

Given that all Bionicle media only exists to promote the sets, I think such a game would be on a scale much vaster than anything that Lego are likely to release.

• Upvote 1

My ideal Bionicle game would be something along the lines of Skyrim, how you're able to choose and customise pretty much every aspect of your character. You'd be able to choose your own race, and instead of spells, you'd have your character's elemental powers. Instead of shouts, you could be able to collect different masks and use them. There would be ranged weapons for those who prefer the blasters and such, but you wouldn't have to use them. It could be open world as well, allowing players to explore large areas of Spherus Magna or the island of Mata Nui or whatever. 

I think that would be awesome, but I have my doubts that we'd ever be getting something that epic. 

• Upvote 3

My ideal Bionicle game would be something along the lines of Skyrim, how you're able to choose and customise pretty much every aspect of your character. You'd be able to choose your own race, and instead of spells, you'd have your character's elemental powers. Instead of shouts, you could be able to collect different masks and use them. There would be ranged weapons for those who prefer the blasters and such, but you wouldn't have to use them. It could be open world as well, allowing players to explore large areas of Spherus Magna or the island of Mata Nui or whatever. 

I think that would be awesome, but I have my doubts that we'd ever be getting something that epic. 

Funnily enough someone is modding Skyrim for just that purpose. Am I allowed to link a video of it?

But yes I'd love a Lego made Sandbox RPG. Give it to Bethesda and we'd get a epic.

• Upvote 1

Bionicle is amazing.

Legends Never Die!

Funnily enough someone is modding Skyrim for just that purpose. Am I allowed to link a video of it?

But yes I'd love a Lego made Sandbox RPG. Give it to Bethesda and we'd get a epic.

Someone is actually doing that? Awesome. It would be great if Lego made their own sandbox RPG, but I doubt they will, and they certainly wouldn't do it in the first year. They'd have to wait a good three or four years to build up a decent new fanbase before putting any sort of time into developing something like that. 

• Upvote 2

Someone is actually doing that? Awesome. It would be great if Lego made their own sandbox RPG, but I doubt they will, and they certainly wouldn't do it in the first year. They'd have to wait a good three or four years to build up a decent new fanbase before putting any sort of time into developing something like that. 

Oh indeed they are. Its a Russian Moder doing it. And all I can say is I can't wait for more.

Here is a vid. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5ZMhugEW6M hope thats ok to link.

Indeed I doubt they would be too quick to make a game of that size till they were sure it was a great call.

In my honest opinion I think BIONICLE should be treated by Lego like Hasbro treats Transformers. It may not be seen for a few years but then boom its back and better than ever. But do not give the franchise to Michel Bay. Like his Transformers but BIONICLE is not the place for explosions like that. :D

• Upvote 1

Bionicle is amazing.

Legends Never Die!

These rumours about Bionicle's return are certainly getting a lot of attention. Here's an example: http://brickset.com/article/12005/this-week-s-top-news-articles This is the second week in a row that Brickset's story on the Lego Shop "coming soon" page has made their list of this week's top articles. 

Make's you wonder why Lego continues bothering to try to cover this up, when the entire internet already knows...

• Upvote 2

It's been a few years since Lego Universe ended, I could potentially see Lego trying their hand at making an MMO again in maybe the second or third year of Bionicle 2.0 (Assuming it's successful)

And oh god, Bionicle directed by Michael Bay would probably kill my soul.

My childhood would die painfully if that ever happened....

Edited by Trizzlers
  • Upvote 2

For myself, a single player RPG with good story, characters etc. and exploring how elemental powers are used like in the story(as opposed to shooting) would be amazing.

Of course, Lego's strong suit has always been those flash games that are simple yet fun(command the Toa Mahri, Glatorian Arena, Phantoka/Mistika games on the website) so I would settle for a few good ones like those.

@Nato Like I said before, Lego probably planned it out for another event, and dropping that for a plain... Website announcement(?) Would be pretty bummer for them.

Also, why not let the hype simmer a little? The fans are certainly jumping around waiting for something.

Edited by Norik Of Celtania
  • Upvote 2

If any director were to make a big-budget Bionicle film, it needs to be either James Cameron or Guillermo Del Toro. I do like Michael Bay, his style works for Transformers, but for Bionicle? I'd rather not give him an excuse to blow up a 40-million foot tall robot. Cameron is a good choice, just look at Avatar. Del Toro may be best though, fits his art style quite well. Anyone seen HeIIboy II: The Golden Army? The Golden Army itself looks very Bohrok-esque, IMO.

Edited by Blastcage
  • Upvote 4

lego made sets of the new tmnt movie which michaela bay was involved in.

True but thats more due to them already having TMNT sets.

But as for a movie I'd love a return of Lee Tokar as a villain. He was the perfect voice for Terridax. Odd since his other voice rolls are Bling Bling Boy, Mr. Higsby from Megaman NT Warrior and a few others I can't remember the names of. How did a guy who voiced two nerdy characters do Makuta so well?

• Upvote 1

Bionicle is amazing.

Legends Never Die!

lego made sets of the new tmnt movie which michaela bay was involved in.

Yes, but that doesn't mean they would trust their own property to him. Lego picked up the license, but that doesn't give them creative control over the franchise. With Bionicle, they have 100% control over who directs their stuff.  

• Upvote 2

Whether Bionicle turns out to be a continuation, reboot, time skip or whatever, I don't think Makuta will be the villain anymore. There really is too much backstory to his character for new fans to understand. He had his time in Bionicle's first ten years. He's dead and gone. I suspect that no matter what form the new story takes, it will feature someone else in the part of main villain. The question is, who? 

Will Lego create new villains each year, or use one of the old characters in the role of main bad guy? Personally, I think TSO could possibly take up the role of Big Bad, with the Dark Hunters taking the place of the Brotherhood of Makuta. I would also love to see the Barraki make a comeback; they were the first line I bought all of, and they're still among my favourite villians from the Generation 1 Bionicle. Plus I'd love to see their sets remade. And Vezon. There must be Vezon. 

• Upvote 2

Whether Bionicle turns out to be a continuation, reboot, time skip or whatever, I don't think Makuta will be the villain anymore. There really is too much backstory to his character for new fans to understand. He had his time in Bionicle's first ten years. He's dead and gone. I suspect that no matter what form the new story takes, it will feature someone else in the part of main villain. The question is, who? 

Will Lego create new villains each year, or use one of the old characters in the role of main bad guy? Personally, I think TSO could possibly take up the role of Big Bad, with the Dark Hunters taking the place of the Brotherhood of Makuta. I would also love to see the Barraki make a comeback; they were the first line I bought all of, and they're still among my favourite villians from the Generation 1 Bionicle. Plus I'd love to see their sets remade. And Vezon. There must be Vezon. 

I hope the barraki come back except be like in a league of six kingdoms story. I always found that interesting about them and they could have a year just about trying to stop their armies from taking over the universe

Edited by Trizzlers
  • Upvote 1

Personally, I think TSO could possibly take up the role of Big Bad, with the Dark Hunters taking the place of the Brotherhood of Makuta.

While I doubt the possibility of it... I would absolutely love that. Recently I've become fascinated with the Dark Hunters and The Shadowed One is one my favorite characters - at least among the baddies - in the series.

• Upvote 1

TSO is definitely a favourite in the living baddies. Although the Barraki are up there too.

TSO would be a great set to see re-done. Although I loved to original (never got to make it, the three-long thin thingies broke from Roo and Kee.) I never got to make him.

Online presences (main ones, at least):

DeviantART: Heontris

YouTube: Heontris

Anything else with the name Heontris is also me. As far as I know.

"Don't be a night owl, it gets boring after the first 6 hours." - Me right now

If they did do collectible Matoran, what would they be like?I'm imagining them using the 4-length bones for their limbs, maybe 3-length, and then using either the XT4 torso or the smaller hero torso. They'd have to at least have coloured limbs since they aren't going to be long enough for armour to attach.

Well, they might still be able to have armor on their arms and/or legs. It depends on what size they are (which in turn depends on the size of the Toa), as well as whether they have articulated knees and elbows.I expect collectible Matoran would be around 25 pieces total, counting weapons. This one I built as an experiment already uses 21 pieces — all he'd need are two weapons built with two pieces each to drive the piece count up to 25. Of course, that's all assuming a price point of around $5. Larger sets could allow higher piece counts (including the possibility of more varied builds and more elaborate weapons), but having randomized masks might frustrate people if the price point is too high.
I was thinking more of having at least two pieces per limb, to allow for elbow and knee articulation.

Sorry for going off topic, but I have to agree with the articulation points. I have my own design (excuse me for the low quality, my camera and other stuff are at home ) for a bunch of Matoran for my storyline, and if the torso piece gets turned into one single piece, you'd get full articulation and lots of custom-ability., with a low amount of pieces.

I do hope we get some form of collectibles, as the whole blind Kanohi/Krana/Kraata bags was something I missed during the first years and I still regret that. It's one of the things many MOCers would enjoy and in the end wouldn't cost Lego much to do.

• Upvote 1

pVcwLHX.png

"Unity, Duty, Destiny."

Here's a potential image idea I threw together over the course of this afternoon using the Lego Digital Designer. The only non HF parts on it are the head (a Glatorian head) and the mask (Tahu's Bionicle Stars mask).  In total, it uses 21 parts. I think it's a pretty good baseline image for the idea we're discussing. Any number of combinations could be made using this, maybe spikes added to the armour as well, or a shield added, like the 2009 Agori came with. Colours and masks could be swapped around for the different blind packs, and since it's only 21 pieces, they could even include a random collectible mask with each one. 

I basically took the Hero Factory 2.0 design and scaled it down a little, and this is what I wound up with. 

Edited by NatoGreavesy
  • Upvote 3