Hitman VIII: Codebreaker

Ehksidian

That it did.. and hey at least you got revenge by someone killing me

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Yeah... it is hilarious that my victim killed my killer... I'm not even sure that counts as revenge...

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Round Three: Hammer Time

After the fiasco at Vanisher's highrise, Primal, Conjurer, and Charger needed a break from the action. Mimic didn't, but imitated the others. So, for a single day, there was a pause in the battle.
The Shadowed One got tired of waiting. He called up the Recorder and told the weird shriveled scribe what to write.
A few hours later, each of the surviving Dark Hunters received a letter:

YOU ARE CORDIALLY INVITED

TO A QUADRUPLE FIGHT TO THE DEATH

AT THE MILDLY DEFECTIVE CORPSE HEAP

HIGH NOON TOMORROW

ATTENDANCE IS MANDATORY

P.S. - BRING A SLEDGEHAMMER

The next day arrived, the Dark Hunters set out for the Mildly Defective Corpse Heap, and the Shadowed One smiled; everything was ready.
Conjurer reached into a subspace portal and pulled out a sledgehammer.
Mimic imitated him, retrieving the same weapon from his pack.
Charger also pulled out a sledgehammer, because he enjoyed brute force weapons, and wasn't very original.
Primal, unfortunately, missed the memo. He drew a knife, not a sledgehammer, from his belt. The other three stared at the thin silver blade as they hefted their hammers and an awkward silence fell over the gathering.

The silence was broken by the voice of Gatherer from the pile of bodies on which they stood. "Heeey guysss! I'm not deeeeaaaa-"
Primal stomped on Gatherer's face.
Charger took advantage of the distraction to lunge forwards, swinging his hammer with another mighty roar, straight into Primal's skull. Surprised by the blow, he crumpled to the ground, his knife clutched in his hand.
Mimic and Conjurer, who'd been looking on, decided to act as well. Conjurer walked up behind Charger, who was breathing heavily and staring at Primal's corpse in an animalistic stupor, and swung his sledgehammer like a baseball bat, knocking Charger's head clean off. He grinned, satisfied with his kill, as Mimic - in a totally predictable way - copied Conjurer's action, beheading the golden-armored Hunter with Mimic's own sledgehammer.
Mimic then proceeded to take his imitation a step further, and limply fell over on the ground in the same way as Charger and Conjurer had. Inconveniently, he fell over the corpse of Primal, still holding his knife up in the air. Primal's knife sent straight through the body of Mimic, who (copying the others, perhaps) subsequently perished.

A few hours went by before the Shadowed One became tired of waiting. If there had been a winner, they would've emerged from the Mildly Defective Corpse Heap already. If all his fighters were dead, he was going to have a problem.

Entering the area of the last battle, the Shadowed One was shocked to hear sounds of clashing weapons and grunts of pain. Apparently the "Mildly Defective" label was accurate - the Corpse Heap had returned the last four Dark Hunters to life, and they were fighting with a renewed vigor.

Round Three Summary

(Sort Of) Deaths

Conjurer killed Mimic with a sledgehammer.
Mimic killed Charger with a sledgehammer.
Charger killed Primal with a sledgehammer.
Primal killed Conjurer with a knife.

Because a four way kill would result in there being no winner, all four of the above are revived by the Mildly Defective Corpse Heap.

Survivors

Codenames:
Mimic
Primal
Charger
Conjurer

Usernames:
Ehks
LOTR Nui
Lhikevikk
Axilus

Ax, Ehks, LOTR, Lhik: please send in your round four kills.

Edited by ChroXumo

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

Conjurer reached into a subspace portal and pulled out a sledgehammer.

<.< >.> Was that a Scott Pilgrim reference right there?

In other news, I CAME BACK TO LIFE. I CAME BACK FROM THE DEAD.

Edited by Kopekemaster
rsz_screenshot_from_un_chien_andalou.jpg
My Writing Blog (more writing coming soon!)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (defunct)

Hyfudiar on Spotify (noise/drone/experimental music)

Well no, not directly... he had to conjure up a weapon, and I figured hammerspace was the most convenient. I actually meant hammerspace but messed it up. Leaving it that way regardless. :P

but their spirits

I know, it's amazing. Haven't seen the movie though, gotta do that someday.

EDIT: Scott Pilgrim is an amazing series of 6 books.

Edited by The ShadowVezon

xoTlRfR.png

Banner by jed1ndy

"Master of Shadows and Game-running Compliants, Ǝɹsɐʇz Ԁᴉɹɐʞɐ ᴉu qlɐɔʞ' No˙ 999, Vezon of the Twighlight"

Undoubtedly.

However...

If you have not sent in your round four kill, you will take no action in this round, as the deadline has passed.

I will begin writing the three-player scene tonight. :P

Edited by ChroXumo

but their spirits

Nah, his action didn't actually have an effect on the round... you'll see. ;)

And I actually closed the round too early by mistake, so I did accept Ax's kill PM.

but their spirits