Religion?

Ok, so, at the start, mata-nuiin or whatever was the bio-religion, right? But it turns out that it was actually right, right? So, what is the religion now? Are there some that beleive the great beings are gods? Or are there some that beleive that the GBs themselves were created by a more powerful god? Anyone got their own theories?

1315143172mMy page On mocpages.

GENERATION 927: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

fikou.gif Jim, the fikou!

MOCists united!

BIONICLE doesn't contain any religion. LEGO didn't want to create any controversy, so there are no gods. If anything, the Great Beings can be compared to humans who use science and engineering to experiment and create things. :)

jlovfkk.jpg

Look, this was what I was afraid of. Come on, You have to beleive in SOMTHING ringoster, you mean every single matoran, agori, toa, etc is atheist? Doubtful. And erebus, you're thinking about this too much like this is just a toy. What do the GBs beleive in then?

1315143172mMy page On mocpages.

GENERATION 927: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

fikou.gif Jim, the fikou!

MOCists united!

Look, this was what I was afraid of. Come on, You have to beleive in SOMTHING

Mmm, not at all. :)

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

If my memory serves, Greg was once asked who created the GBs and he responded with something along the lines of "I can't discuss religion". If it's in the BIONICLE universe, it certainly hasn't been revealed.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

Greg said that in order to prevent religion issues, that he stated there was no after life. Also, I highly doubt the GBs would make that Robot by themselves before the explosion. I think a greatER being made the GBs and aided them. For all we know, the GBs could be human and the greatER being could be God or some other thing(My guess God cause Greg was a Christian Novel Writer to my knowledge) Toa til the endBrother til the endHero til the endChristian forever

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

You cannot be atheist if there is absolutly no religion at all.And the 'God' in BIONICLE is Mata Nui because he is considered by Matoran and Agori as their Ultimate Hero and Savior, they kind of worship him but I don't believe there actually exists any other kind of religion (if this can even be considered religion) in the BIONICLE Universe.

If you want to spare some time and take a look to my colection then visit this link, if you dont want, well...you just lost a good opurtunity to compare collections and laugh at mine (or cry if you want).

qs102492.jpg

Worshipping Mata-Nui did become a religion, but it wasn't part of the GB's' programming. It was another side-effect.The same religion still exists. The Matoran aren't suddenly going to change their minds because Mata-Nui is now a mask.

Edited by Pirok the Va-Matoran

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

Look, this was what I was afraid of. Come on, You have to beleive in SOMTHING ringoster, you mean every single matoran, agori, toa, etc is atheist? Doubtful. And erebus, you're thinking about this too much like this is just a toy. What do the GBs beleive in then?

Nothing revealed so far, and most likely never will be. They might not believe in any higher being.

jlovfkk.jpg

The Matoran and Toa still look upon the Great Beings as their creators, but it's less spiritual and more solid proof. I'm sorry about echoing everyone else, but there is no true religion in Bionicle. If it is there, it's in the background; the residents of the Matoran Universe know they were created by the Great Beings, and I assume they feel no need to wonder beyond that.As for the Great Beings, no one knows, and most likely no one will know.

But if you believe in nothing, then you believe in there being nothing and thus believe in something. Edited by Legolover-361

This is an interesting subject to be honest. I mean a lot of religions don't necessarily have to worship "someone" to be considered a religion, a lot of religions are based on a goal toward a higher life or perhaps a way of living to achieve something more. So... to be honest, I've kinda wondered something about Matoran. They follow their ideal of Unity, Duty, Destiny and looked to Mata Nui to uphold these laws. What about the rest of the universe? Were there some beings who didn't believe in the Three Virtues? And now, since Mata Nui reached his destiny, I wonder if those ideals are still used. I mean it was just set so the Matoran would keep working really. lol But anyway, what ER said is right. There is no "religion" in Bionicle, at least in our sense. The beings of the universe may look toward something and treat it as a myth, or a legend (like the Great Beings, now, or even Metru Nui there for a while), but only because that's what they are until more information is given to them.

But if you believe in nothing, than you believe in there being nothing and thus believe in something.
There is a distinct difference between believing in nothing and not believing in anything. There are plenty of people in both groups. But I think that keeping religion, or at least the common idea of what it is, out of BIONICLE was a good idea. It's a touchy subject (which is why religious discussion isn't allowed on this site). Edited by Bfahome

OpAXNpl.jpg

Exactly. In a way, 'Mata Nuiism' is what the Matorans believe, but it is not a religion in OUR sense. The Great Beings, their creator, and their religion is left unanswered because, as many have said before countless times, Greg does not want to discuss religion. Like Bfahome said, it's a touchy subject that he wants to avoid, regardless of your beliefs. I don't want to sound like a mini-moderator, but please be careful where we go with this, guys. I don't want this to become the "Discussion of religions" page. There are enough forums for that.

Edited by MakutaKlak

My Comedies: The Krika Show (Season 1)
The Krika Show Season 2 

Basically, i assumed that their religion was the belief in Mata Nui. Since Mata Nui was found to be real, doesnt mean they cant believe in his wisdom and power. The great beings are also real, but they can still believe in them as if they were a sort of leader

axonn, trying to excape my signature

Untitled-2.gif

The matoran held ceremonies in honor of mata nui, and considering that mata nui was too preoccupied to attend to the universe I doubt that they had any real evidence that Mata Nui existed. Seems like a religion IMO. But for the agori and glatorian, I doubt any of them think the Great Beings are gods after what happened to their planet, but maybe they believe in something else? I find it hard to believe that the entire population was atheistic.

Toa Nedurno

I asked Greg about that a while ago. There is not now, nor was there ever, a religion in the BIONICLE story. Because a specific religion would offend too many atheists. I was sad about that. But Mata Nui was not a god, he was looked at like more of a... "Mother Earth" sorta.

Primarily, because it would offend too many religious people if the Matoran didn't worship their God. Anyway, official statements by Greg come down to this:- There is no religion in BIONICLE. None whatsoever. Not with the Matoran, not with the Agori, not with the Great Beings.- What existed on Mata Nui was superstition on the Matoran's behalf, not any firmly established religion, and what happened in the MNOG is deemed semi-canon anyway.Plus, religious discussion, as interesting and philosophically challenging it may be to some, is not desired on BZPower because it sooner or later escalates in flaming and insulting.Which is why Alt. Dimension might want to reconsider his signature. :)

Toa til the endBrother til the endHero til the endChristian forever

And which is why I am going to close this topic now. :)