IC (Ofeo): "No, it's not that" Ofeo assured the Toa, coming up the steps in fron of the building to join him on the porch. "I just thought that you would be a good person to talk to about transformation and power and what that does to your life. You having once been a Matoran, but not anymore.

If you haven't noticed in the dark, I'm a bit different to how I was this morning. Earlier, I came across Hiko and a couple of muggers and then got caught up in an energy blast with a mask of fusion and three kanoka disks.

I’m not a full Maotran anymore, and Kovant says I teleported a short way just after it happened, so it looks like I have the disks’ powers now too. Still, I didn’t get that same sense of power and connection you did with my transformation. I just felt really disoriented like I’d been dropped on my head, but there was none of that painful stretching. I hadn’t even relaised I had changed until I caught my reflection. I just felt really shaken up inside, like my mind had been stretched and squished around then shoved into a different shaped container.

There are new bits too, with a kind of barrier between tham and the rest of me. I guess that those must be the disks’ powers, but they’re so alien to me. I feel a connection to them, like this constant itch at the back of my thoughts, but they’re also connected outside of me. Is that what a mask power feels like? It’s just such a lot to take in…

Anyway, what I really wanted to talk to you about is what it was like for you to not be a Matoran anymore. I know I’m not a Toa, but I’m sire as Karzhani not a humble, hard-working Matoran anymore. I’m a being of power and, maybe, destiny. Maybe by hearing your stpry mine can become a little clearer."

ppg2.png

IC:

The Agori grimaced slightly at the mention of conflict between cooks, his gaze flitting back to the kitchen at regular intervals, as though he might be able to discern some sign of violence (which, thankfully, had so far been absent). Slowly, he made his way over to the chair that Kovant had pulled out for him, smiling politely to both him and the innkeeper as he took a seat, before suddenly glancing around, his brow furrowed.

"Kovant? Did your companion decide to wait outside?"

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

StaffC: Lekar (Inn)

The Toa frowns and leans closer as Ofeo speaks, lime eyes straining in the dim light to make out the changes the Matoran was detailing. Upon completion he leans back and nods slowly, taking the information in. Eventually he speaks.

"Hm.. I can see why you wanted to talk. Just to address your changes for a second, I will say that I've never felt take much of a connection to my mask, but I'm going to assume that's mainly due to the fact that my mask is just a mask and not physically part of me like these disks are for you. My story?.."

Lekar trails off, lost in thought. When he speaks again his voice is slightly strained, but it's clear he's doing the best he can to keep his emotions under control.

"..I suppose it begins in a village not all that unlike yours, with just a simple bunch of Matoran making a living with a caravan of traders coming through every once in a while. My friend and I had decided to investigate some strange lights and noises that were going on in a nearby jungle, which turned out to be some old ruins of something or another. In the end, we were both Toa, and we had gotten a mission from that place. To put it simply, it was a relic of the olden days, just after the world went to pieces, and it was meant to be the place where a group of new Toa would begin their journey to fix everything. There were only 2 Stones left by the time we got there, and those were hidden away. So, I suppose it was easy for me. You're not sure where you're going, but I got lucky and managed to get the easy guide to your destiny. One way to put it." 

He laughs bitterly, hands clenching into fists at whatever memory he was seeing in his mind's eye.

"In short, my entire life changed that day. I left the mundane behind and haven't seen the slightest bit of it ever since. I apologize, I guess that probably didn't help much.."

Seemingly embarrassed, he fidgets in his seat at Ig slips over to the Le-Toa and rubs his head against Lekar's leg, blue eyes gazing up at the Toa with almost a stern glare in them. 

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

IC: Liina

If one had perked his ears, he may have heard that a dumbfounded hush quickly settled over the incessant dispute in the inn's kitchen. Even then, he may have returned to conversation before another short outburst broke, starting with a grueling snap that released shouts of rage before being bent into pleas for mercy by a second snap. And all this happened in the breadth of Trun's question: "Kovant? Did your companion decide to wait outside?"

Even as Kovant opened his mouth to reply, Liina unashamedly beat down the silence as she burst the kitchen door with the palm of one hand, coyly strutting back into the room with a set of keys twirling in the fingers of the other.

"The manager was kind enough as to give us access to the whole inn for the night," she explained as she sat at a table of blank expressions.

"What? Oh, and the cook specifically said 'I'll do anything', so I suppose that applies to the menu tonight as well."

-----

All the while, Kovant simply dropped his face to his palms.

sig8.png

IC:

Meanwhile, Trun was busy pinching the bridge of his nose between two fingers.

"That's uh ... that's very generous of them," he said, his voice tinged by resignation. Slowly, very slowly and very hesitantly, he picked up a menu and began flicking through it. "In that case, I suppose we ought to order."

Before some other kind of trouble starts up.

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

• 3 weeks later...

GM:

Eventually, the group was served- Trun would note that he could indeed do much better, the others would simply know that the ship's food had been better than this on all accounts- and one-by-one, they went into rooms and slept. Lekar too eventually entered, along with Ofeo, and sleep claimed them. 

The morning dawned, and the group began to assemble outside, where Ig lazily gazed at them, seemingly content to stay curled up on the porch, as Lekar stood, a few others around him, with a map out. His fingers moved across it as he spoke, marking out their path.

"Alright, so, in order to retrieve what we're here for, our first stop should probably be a blacksmith, to make sure everyone has a decent weapon or, at the least, something to defend themselves. Next, we'll head to the Great Arena, get our goal.. somehow... though I plan to try to be the one to grab it, then lastly we need to stock up on supplies and find ourselves a good transport to the next destination..."

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

OOC: A few things, ghidora. A: It would be appreciated if you didn't double-post, and kept OOC-only posts to the discussion topic. As well, I will say that Journey is a much, much slower-moving RPG than any of the other Bionicle RPGs on the site, and so I will say that you will need patience when interacting here. I may be constantly around, online, but each post does take enough of my time as well as creative direction that they may be further apart than most, for which I do apologize, but will also say that I do know you have posted and intend to reply, but am simply trying to figure out the path I need to take for the plot to continue. 

Thanks! :)

StaffC: Lekar (Outside the Inn)

He chuckles his reply, "I suppose that would be fine, as long as you can provide some good cooking for the trip."

Turning, he regarded the exo-suit clad Matoran with a calm, yet slightly annoyed, eye.

"Can I help you?"

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

IC Dessimus

Dessimus stopped. "Unfortunately for me I have lost my way." he said with a gruff and stern tone. "I will need to be partaking with you and your associates for the time being." not waiting for an answer, Dessimus took a position partially leaning on the wall next to the door.

IC:

The Agori caught the cookie deftly between two liver-spotted fingers. He may have been older and slower and ... older than he had been before, but when it came to food, no one could deny that Trun Rawlins was masterful. With a wicked smile and a brief nod, he bit into the dessert.

His chewing, and subsequent swallowing, was slow and ponderous.

"You're too kind," he finally said, licking his lips. "Thank you, Mr...."

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC:

Trun raised an eyebrow at Dessimus's bow, amused by the Matoran's flair for the dramatic.

Then again, I suppose it takes a certain kind of being to wear a suit like that....

"Trun Rawlins," the Agori replied, popping the rest of the cookie into his mouth, dusting the crumbs from his hands, and offering a handshake to the newcomer.

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

StaffC: Lekar (Outside Inn)

The Le-Toa had just watched the exchanges with a look of disbelief on his face, mainly aimed at the newcomer, and just sighed. 

As Rileka spoke, however, Lekar turned his attention to her, smiling and kneeling down to get his lime-green eyes on the same level as hers. 

"If you so wish to join, then let me be the first to welcome you. My name is Lekar. What's yours?" 

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

IC: Ekko [Outside Inn]

With a small sigh of relief, Ekko pushed open the door to the Inn with one hand, while the other was wrapped around her pack. Quite frankly, given the state of her hair, the small vorox looked like she'd gotten into a fight with whatever she had slept on, and lost pretty bad. Then again, she really could have just been feeling the effects of the fact that sunrise here was slightly earlier than what she was used too.

Still, a smile played over her face as the morning light greeted her and she glanced over to the assembled group. Alright, maybe she was only supposed to be the mechanic to keep the ship running, but the toa had said anyone could come along for the next part oh his trip, and Ekko wasn't sure if she could stand anymore thornax stew.

The city was amazing, of course, quite the culture shock for her, havenng lived in the small village for most of her life. But there was no way she was going to pass up the chance to see more.

And so, Ekko stepped out near the group, giving them an excited, if somewhat nervous, wave as she said, "Um, hi."

Edited by Gravity

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC Dessimus

Dessimus turned the power off from his glove and shook the hand offered to him. "Where are you from?" he asked, rebooting the flow of energy.

IC:

"Here and there, mostly," Trun replied to Dessimus. "But I can trace my origins back to the mines of the Iron Tribe, if that's what you mean."

That was when Ekko joined them.

"Rise and shine, sleepyhead," he said, smiling. "Hope you're ready for adventure. Lekar says we'll have a long day ahead of us."

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC:

"Mmmm shush, I'm awake I'm awake," Ekko protested, fingers combing through her hair in an attempt to wake herself up. This is what happens when you get seasick on a voyage across the ocean and end up staring up at the ceiling trying not to let dinner up instead of sleeping. She should have known that by now.

"Just... resting."

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -